The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MinnBobber

Well they do stand up, although like the leaning tower of Pisa! I stand mine up and fill it, no problem. You don't even need to reverse the stir tool
I love the Mighty but they stand up like "the falling tower of Pisa" :)
Great vape but what the flock were those engineers thinking?
It's a portable vape, not a desktop, but you need a ratchett stand with you or ???

Many great ideas in the Mighty and one dumb oversight IMO.
And one purposeful IMO omission to create more $$ for S&B, the non-removable battery :(
Every battery powered portable NEEDS a removable battery, in a standard size please.
Stop gouging us on battery replacement costs

Vaporcussion

And one purposeful IMO omission to create more $$ for S&B, the non-removable battery :(

Absolutely, removable batteries are the future, ala Firefly & DaVinci IQ. And there's a good chance the new portable from S&B will have just that! I predict a new release before end of year...

Vaporcussion,

MinnBobber

And there's a good chance the new portable from S&B will have just that! I predict a new release before end of year...
do I wish this? Yes.
What do I think? This is S& B here, so they are S L O W to change it up.

Will the new Mighty come out before or after the Volcano update? What year or what decade is a new Volcano scheduled for? ;)

I'd like to see dual removable 18650's, smaller size, ability to take off one battery pod where unit would then be Crafty sized. Ability to securely stand up by itself. Halogen powered ala Herbalizer. Factory built 18 mm male attachment.

Vaporcussion

Will the new Mighty come out before or after the Volcano update? What year or what decade is a new Volcano scheduled for? ;)

Do you have info on a Volcano update? Please share! I don't think there is going to be one, as they nailed it the first time. They did come out with the reduced chamber on the easy valve. It's the portable market where they really need to compete. And those (Boundless?) knockoffs for half the price are cutting into their market. Lastly, they sure don't want to deal with Crafty repairs for the next 10 years. So, I'm hoping...

Last edited by a moderator:
Vaporcussion,
Reactions: whatitdew

ChooChooCharlie

Thought this might help those with splitting cases.
Some bumper protection on bottom corners and sides as well.

Two ammunition cartridge bands, now working for peace.

https://amzn.com/B00WK8MOUE

hMaTXw3.jpg

shaolinmilk

@Highland_UK To be honest, you should have literally zero difficulty pulling on a new unit unless you're way over packing it. Also, the herb definitely matters. If I have quality bud inside the Mighty, I can get like 20 five-seconds draw. Every smoker I know coughs to the Mighty because it hits them too hard (too much vapour at once and you get the biggest tingly sensation ever in your lung/throat). The coughing is not from the harshness, but rather from the potency of the bud.

So in summary, you're either packing it too tight, have bad quality bud, have a defective unit or at the absolute worst, have a fake unit. Good luck finding out the issue and solving your problem! Cheers.

MonkeyTime

@Highland_UK To be honest, you should have literally zero difficulty pulling on a new unit unless you're way over packing it. Also, the herb definitely matters. If I have quality bud inside the Mighty, I can get like 20 five-seconds draw. Every smoker I know coughs to the Mighty because it hits them too hard (too much vapour at once and you get the biggest tingly sensation ever in your lung/throat). The coughing is not from the harshness, but rather from the potency of the bud.

So in summary, you're either packing it too tight, have bad quality bud, have a defective unit or at the absolute worst, have a fake unit. Good luck finding out the issue and solving your problem! Cheers.
Or, from what I've found, it's the difference in vapor expanding after the hit that gets them. Smoke doesn't expand, no mass, vapor cools and expands and feels somehow big.

Gets even the biggest smoker!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Smoke doesn't expand, no mass, vapor cools and expands and feels somehow big.
I understand the expanding sensation, however, I can't wrap my head around this statement.
Smoke has no mass?
Most things expand as they warm and contract as they cool. What is the rationale behind vapor expanding once it's been inhaled (as experienced from use of a Mighty)?
And now, as I write that, I'm reminded to check the Mighty manual, because it says something about taking in a moderate amount...

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Any Mighty owners that live in colder sub zero climates, how does the unit perform out in this weather??
Had me wondering a bit as winter approaches. I would assume it would be one of the better performing portables with all its power to combat more frigid temperatures

I'm almost a year in and still haven't changed the oven screen or taken off a single o-ring
Might just have to buy her a special strain for the anniversary since she's treated me so well haha.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
There is something in the manual, but no explanation or mention of vapor expanding;
"Inhale only half of air you can normally manage. Hold your breath for a few seconds and exhale slowly. It is advisable to deliberately concentrate on your breathing process."

Highland_UK

@Highland_UK where are you in the uk? I'm in the Scottish Borders. I could give you a shout sometime to see if we can sort out your mighty niggles.
Really appreciate the offer, but I'm pretty far from you(Kent)- have a mate in Croydon who has a mighty so I will take it to his and try them out side by side.

Yea, its's not that I have a problem pulling on it- it's just not what I anticipated I suppose. I bought it to get tobacco out of my life for good :rockon: Was expecting it to be just like smoking with loads of smoke/vapor etc.
I think (much to @Trypsy Summers knowing nod) that you are probably right with regards to the bud- it has at times made me cough, and has produced vapor intermittently- will stick to the Haze & Herer from here on out :) Appreciate the info on the amount of draws and coughs etc :)

MonkeyTime

I understand the expanding sensation, however, I can't wrap my head around this statement.
Smoke has no mass?
Most things expand as they warm and contract as they cool. What is the rationale behind vapor expanding once it's been inhaled (as experienced from use of a Mighty)?
And now, as I write that, I'm reminded to check the Mighty manual, because it says something about taking in a moderate amount...

Ok, I exaggerated a little....

Smoke is a completely gaseous state, there is very little mass in a given volume at standard atmospheric pressure. Vapor on the other hand, is water in a semi-gaseous state. Water is the only thing I know that works against the standard that things expand with heat and contract with cold. There may be others, but I'm guessing they're very similar to H2O in composition.

So you take your vapor leaving the oven at 300F + and it goes thru the cooling unit. I have no idea what temp it leaves at, but I'm guessing its still over 200F. Then into you at about 100F and she cools even faster.

The one thing that never made sense to me is that I feel like the vapor leaving the Mighty is pretty cool compared to other vapes in general. I also feel like the vapor from the Mighty expands more than from other vapes. According to my theory above, that shouldn't work that way lol! The only thing I can think of is that it's how the Mighty extracts or that the vapor is more dense?

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Ok, I exaggerated a little....

Smoke is a completely gaseous state, there is very little mass in a given volume at standard atmospheric pressure. Vapor on the other hand, is water in a semi-gaseous state. Water is the only thing I know that works against the standard that things expand with heat and contract with cold. There may be others, but I'm guessing they're very similar to H2O in composition.

So you take your vapor leaving the oven at 300F + and it goes thru the cooling unit. I have no idea what temp it leaves at, but I'm guessing its still over 200F. Then into you at about 100F and she cools even faster.

The one thing that never made sense to me is that I feel like the vapor leaving the Mighty is pretty cool compared to other vapes in general. I also feel like the vapor from the Mighty expands more than from other vapes. According to my theory above, that shouldn't work that way lol! The only thing I can think of is that it's how the Mighty extracts or that the vapor is more dense?
A bit of interesting conjecture, but I believe some of the foundation is incorrect.
Water, in all states, like almost everything, expands with heat and vice versa. The exceptional behavior is that as it changes state from liquid to solid, it expands.

Edit,
Sorry, I don't mean to sound argumentative, I actually would be interested in a little more study of this off-topic topic, so I'll try to look around...

Last edited:

Vifzor

Hey i got the answer from the S & B. So there was water in my device and i asked for a RMA.

S & B said:
Dear Mr. xxxxx,

your device has obviously been dropped into water. Therefore the warranty has expired.

We are sorry but we are not liable for defects caused by the customer.

We can offer you a new device for the reduced price of 228€.

Please let us know how you want to proceed.

With kind regards,

Technical Support

Paying 228 euro more is a lot for my student budget...
Feels really bad!

Vifzor,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey i got the answer from the S & B. So there was water in my device and i asked for a RMA.

Paying 228 euro more is a lot for my student budget...
Feels really bad!
Just a thought and it would be some sacrifice, but maybe S&B would extend a nice discount for a Crafty or a Plenty, get you by for a while...
I think this offering would at least start a new warranty period...

I'm recalling that one member made a big, big deal with S&B over the water issue, long time ago. He argued that the moisture sensors could be triggered inadvertently, as has been successfully argued in some cell phone litigation (I think this is correct...). Several long letters and complaining and I believe they gave him some better resolution, but I don't recall him telling us the details of same.

iirc, we remember it fondly as the "kayaking" incident; he took it kayaking, but didn't even drop it in the water...

The manual, btw tells us not to even use it in the bathroom. Weird.

Vifzor

Now they offered me 175 euro for a new one. Still way too much. I think 50 to 100 euro is the max i'm going to pay... Dissapoiting.

Vifzor,

MonkeyTime

Now they offered me 175 euro for a new one. Still way too much. I think 50 to 100 euro is the max i'm going to pay... Dissapoiting.
Maybe I missed this somewhere.... Were you aware of water damage before you sent it in?

This is not a judgement about your situation, but rather a general statement....I no longer blame companies for holding a tight line on thinks like this. Far too often I see people trying to get something for nothing and it's easy to see why companies start from that perspective.

whatitdew

Vapes R Great
Just ordered up a grip of accessories from S&B.
got the liquid dosing caps with the magazine and the new keychain capsule holder, 2 orders of the fine oven screens, brushes, packing tool, annnd I think that's it haha.

Haven't tried the capsules or anything yet so excited to try those. Had a shitty week might have to go back into hospital for more treatment so gonna buy some new vape toys

Top Bottom