The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Shizuka

魔装
@Highland_UK - just wondering if you're new to vaping. There is an adjustment if you have only combusted. And it's a very fun journey.

And I have a suggestion in place of the liquid pad on top of your load (in case you haven't read this in this or the Crafty thread). I prefer using a pipe screen. Take a regular size pipe screen and cut out a wedge so the remaining screen looks like pac man. Then pull the two edges together so it forms a cone shape. Use this on top of your partial load as a spacer (pointy end of the cone goes into the oven).

When I use this method, I fill the oven about half to 2/3rds of medium grind material very lightly tamped. Then I put the screen on top and attach the cu.

Another thing you may want to check is your cu (to make sure there are no leaks). With it removed from the unit, place your thumb over the intake hole (that fits over the oven when attached) and draw on the mouthpiece. You should not be able to pull any air in.

Hopefully, everything is fine. Keep us posted!

What I did was put the load into the chamber and just put that liquid pad on top of it is there a more efficient way to that? I had pretty good results but I'm curious because I noticed there's these dosing capsules you can use, is that mainly for if you want to pack it to the top? It seems useful since you don't have to worry about the bottom of the chamber getting dirty that way but I usually don't use that much.

Also what makes using a pipe screen better than the liquid pad?

Shizuka,

Mr. Me2

What I did was put the load into the chamber and just put that liquid pad on top of it is there a more efficient way to that? I had pretty good results but I'm curious because I noticed there's these dosing capsules you can use, is that mainly for if you want to pack it to the top? It seems useful since you don't have to worry about the bottom of the chamber getting dirty that way but I usually don't use that much.

Also what makes using a pipe screen better than the liquid pad?
I haven't tried the dosing caps, but people here seem to love them.

Because the Crafty and Mighty are blended convection/conduction vapes, whatever you put in the oven gets baked, so I find you need to finish what you start in a single session (I know some may disagree with that...). The solution is to not completely fill the oven. Smaller load = easier to finish in one session.

S&B recommends using their liquid pad as a spacer for these partial loads. I tried that at first, and it works but I found that after a few uses, the pad started pulling apart and material got caught in it which made it more of a pain for reuse. Using a screen in place of the liquid pad was somebody else's great idea. I find that it is less restrictive than the liquid pad, easier to keep clean and reuse (even though it does need to be replaced occasionally), and adds an extra "filter" for the cu so that stays cleaner longer.

Hope this helps. Others here will have to weigh in on dosing caps info, or you can try searching this thread. I know it's in here somewhere...

Shizuka

魔装
I haven't tried the dosing caps, but people here seem to love them.

Because the Crafty and Mighty are blended convection/conduction vapes, whatever you put in the oven gets baked, so I find you need to finish what you start in a single session (I know some may disagree with that...). The solution is to not completely fill the oven. Smaller load = easier to finish in one session.

S&B recommends using their liquid pad as a spacer for these partial loads. I tried that at first, and it works but I found that after a few uses, the pad started pulling apart and material got caught in it which made it more of a pain for reuse. Using a screen in place of the liquid pad was somebody else's great idea. I find that it is less restrictive than the liquid pad, easier to keep clean and reuse (even though it does need to be replaced occasionally), and adds an extra "filter" for the cu so that stays cleaner longer.

Hope this helps. Others here will have to weigh in on dosing caps info, or you can try searching this thread. I know it's in here somewhere...

Yeah I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times so far and I can already tell the liquid pad probably isn't going to hold up to lots and lots of reuses. They seem pretty expensive to replace as well so the screen idea does sound pretty good as a cheaper replacement I'll have to order some so I have a few when the liquid pad gets too fucked up. Is there any specific kind or size that you use? I assume probably the stainless steel kind like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pcs-20x...140874?hash=item281ef629ca:g:FoMAAOSwiylXBcw-

Shizuka,

Mr. Me2

Yeah I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times so far and I can already tell the liquid pad probably isn't going to hold up to lots and lots of reuses. They seem pretty expensive to replace as well so the screen idea does sound pretty good as a cheaper replacement I'll have to order some so I have a few when the liquid pad gets too fucked up. Is there any specific kind or size that you use?
What I use looks like it's brass and what I call a standard size. I know its diameter is wider than the oven, which is why you need to cut the wedge out. Wish I could give you more specifics on this...I just don't have that info. Every tobacco shop has them, though.

Mr. Me2,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah I've used it maybe 3 or 4 times so far and I can already tell the liquid pad probably isn't going to hold up to lots and lots of reuses. They seem pretty expensive to replace as well so the screen idea does sound pretty good as a cheaper replacement I'll have to order some so I have a few when the liquid pad gets too fucked up. Is there any specific kind or size that you use? I assume probably the stainless steel kind like this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/100-pcs-20x...140874?hash=item281ef629ca:g:FoMAAOSwiylXBcw-
Use one of the Mighty's extra screens.

darbarikanada

I am also coming off smoking 'tobacco heavy' spliffs for my entire life, so maybe my lack of taste- is just expecting it to taste like a spliff.

by my (rough) calculation, one big toke (i.e. a bong hit) = ~6 vapes. factor in that each vape takes much longer than a bong hit, and what you get is a much slower 'rate of acceleration'; it takes longer to get high, and you don't so much zoom there as gently ascend. I think a lot of people experience that 'I didn't see any vapor - but I'm high' when they're new to vaping.

Highland_UK

Mr. me2
Yea completely new to vaping- didn't really know that portables were an option- and had given up tobacco spliffs a while ago- started a new job, so had laid off the herb generally.
You had suggested the cone thing for hash, so I will give it a go shortly a let you know how it goes.

by my (rough) calculation, one big toke (i.e. a bong hit) = ~6 vapes. factor in that each vape takes much longer than a bong hit, and what you get is a much slower 'rate of acceleration'; it takes longer to get high, and you don't so much zoom there as gently ascend. I think a lot of people experience that 'I didn't see any vapor - but I'm high' when they're new to vaping.
:)
[/QUOTE]Cool, good to know that other people have found the same- will get used to it hopefully

Highland_UK,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
What I use looks like it's brass and what I call a standard size. I know its diameter is wider than the oven, which is why you need to cut the wedge out. Wish I could give you more specifics on this...I just don't have that info. Every tobacco shop has them, though.
This explains a (very) minor point I've wondered about. My pac man screen only requires one cut, in from an edge to the center point, then it can be formed to cone and fits in Mighty/Crafty. You always say to cut out a wedge (2 cuts) to look like a pac man. I'm now thinking the difference is the screen we start with. I start with a 14 mm Mighty/Crafty screen *(fine, preferred), while you use a brass 'pipe screen' that I believe is probably 5/8", a very standard size in US, though slightly bigger (while a lot less expensive) so it needs a different cut.
Have to say, though, I have not used a top screen since the Dosing caps came out. They are super.

You're so smart! That's why you're the v-King! :clap::rockon::clap:
A couple of folks seem to have confounded my username/handle with some royal moniker. Maybe confusion is caused by how I constructed it. "Vap" is a European version of "vape" and "viking" is a nod to my Nordic roots, so Vapviking. No 'king' of anything here! Royal Jester, maybe...Village Idiot, perhaps...

subway13029

ha..ive.always wondered how european vapes are pronounced..for instance the vapman..i pronounce it like it looks..and in europe is it pronounced vape-man?? like the mini-vap?? or mini-vape??lol

Reggie Watts

For people who own a Mighty and a Plenty, is it worth having both? I use my Mighty every day, love the hell out of it, and am wondering if I should complement it with a Plenty. Does it produce similar vapor quality? Easy to use?

subway13029

the mighty is such a capable portable.that it is better than most companys flagship desktop models. So ive never used a plenty but dont see how it could do what the mighty does better? i mean it doesnt do much different to make it stand apart and your tied to the wall..i dunno but i 2nd the fact.that i was a diehard screen on top of my load but i just used one of the spares that came with the might and.i never had to cut it or anything i would pack a load and set screen on top and boom and it would be easy to take off when done..but with dosing capsules i never even direct pack anymore because the capsules are so damn good..

Vifzor

Hello, i will send my mighty for repair. But i'm not sure to understand the UPS paper i have to put on the package. So it means i can leave my packet at one UPS center and they will send it for free for me? Or it means they will send it back to me (when it's repaired) for free?

I'm guessing i should pay shipping cost but i'm not sure so... Also the translation to french about the instruction concerning the warranty weren't that good so that's why i'm asking!

TheVaporist

Man is a universe within himself
Hello, i will send my mighty for repair. But i'm not sure to understand the UPS paper i have to put on the package. So it means i can leave my packet at one UPS center and they will send it for free for me? Or it means they will send it back to me (when it's repaired) for free?

I'm guessing i should pay shipping cost but i'm not sure so... Also the translation to french about the instruction concerning the warranty weren't that good so that's why i'm asking!

Yes your right you have to search a UPS access point near you and they will send you for you,and for free.

See here for finding your spot:
https://www.ups.com/content/fr/fr/resources/service/access-point-receiver.html

Pack it up, paste the UPS stuff they send to you (the one with a Barcode) on your parcel and you're good to go ;)

At the end, S&B will send you your new unit by ups, mine as delivered my mighty with a fat joint in his mouth, ah ah this was so funny.

uhranium

just browsing the SB site..
found this new item for your dosing capsules
09-40-1.jpg

then this,,
mighty-komplett-set-celsius.jpg

why the f do they make it look like the mighty is supposed to stand on its own easily?

vapeape77

just browsing the SB site..
found this new item for your dosing capsules
09-40-1.jpg

then this,,
mighty-komplett-set-celsius.jpg

why the f do they make it look like the mighty is supposed to stand on its own easily?
Ah nice, think I can find something like this at a gas station! I'm hooked on the capsules with no screen on bottom and fine screen in the cooling unit. Wish I had this setup 2 years ago.... have 4-5 doses ready to go in the morning for the day. I think they stand Mighty on the orange tool turned around as has been mentioned here

ChooChooCharlie

For people who own a Mighty and a Plenty, is it worth having both?

It depends whether you want to switch up the experience. It can be rather refreshing to draw the cool vapor from the Plenty, along with about three times the volumetric flow. Can inhale a lungful without discomfort, more like the free flow from a bag. The chamber reducer for the Plenty is cheap and effective, allowing you to use the dosing capsules. This makes the Plenty a transformer vape: swap in large original chamber and fill 'er up for parties or for when you're feeling the urge to splurge.

Having said all that, wouldn't you like to "join the on-demand vaping revolution"?

Reggie Watts

Having said all that, wouldn't you like to "join the on-demand vaping revolution"?
I have a Firefly 2, and while I like it, the on-demand feature wasn't a huge selling point for me. I typically vape in a session, often with a partner or small group. Rarely do I need an instant hit right now that can't wait 30 seconds. The Mighty has been perfect for my usage style. The Plenty also sounds awesome from what you describe. Are there any on-demand desktop vapes?

Top Bottom