The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

shredder

Wow shredder, that's wicked. My unit is 500 range for serial number. It works great, but I believe my battery indicator is a little off. When I am on no bars the rectangle will flash, but will still heat up and produce vapor, so I think it may still have charge even though indicator is just a flashing rectangle.
I baby my unit, but I hope if it has a problem its within the two years so they can fix me up. And I guess its more like 6 full bowls at 190 bumping to 210 per charge for me.

My SN is 78** hmmm interesting. I wonder if there was a battery change between our units. Was your always like this? Or did it get worse?

shredder,

adam_baumm

Mine was always like this. I am sure that they did a firmware change at some point After mine, But as I said 5 or 6 bowls per charge and passthrough works , so I am good.

adam_baumm,
Reactions: shredder

p1ssbucket

Apparently I can go a lot further on a full charge. At six bowls I go through 2-3 bars on the battery indicator. Maybe less with a fine grind and longer sessions, but still......

My serial number is just under 10k. I usually use a finer grind and it takes 3 long sessions or 4/5 shorter sessions to knock the battery down to 4/6 bars.

Still the only portable worth my time since I got it!

Mrmrmrmr

Less than a week until 4/20! I hope to have a Mighty in my hands before the month is out! Damn I want it now! Crafty will have to do. But fuck it's always on the charger!
Mighty FTW :D
You'll love it bro I've been using it nonstop since Friday.
And I tried a small MV basket in the. Bowl with great results. Better flavor throughout the bowl and a lighter abv at the end. Insert any quote from Wayne's worlds here:rockon:

Hello everyone,

So I just bought the mighty last night. It performs just like everyone says it does. A hard hitting portable, that can produce desktop results. My only concern was my S/N. It was in the 3xxx range and I have the dark blue O rings. Right when I took my mighty off the charger and turned It on, it was on celsius. It wasn't a problem because you can change it, I was just a little suprised by it. When I set the temp to 390F, it wouldn't stay on 390F. The temperature would fluctuate between 392F and 388F. And lastly, on two separate occasions, when I would be towards the end of the bowl, with like a couple draws left, my mighty gets a little warm and then all of a sudden, the temperature skyrockets all the way up to 415 F out of nowhere and I get the 'error' message. When the temp skyrockets, it goes up super fast and I don't even have tIke to catch it. Is my unit faulty? Also, what is the return process like? Cause I'm a little weary of sending my smelly mighty vaporizer through the mail. I can iso wash all of the parts, but from using just two times, the unit itself already smells quite strong. So can anyone help me out on how they did their return and how it went?

Last edited:
The Mother Fucker,

biohacker

I'm not sure exactly where, but pretty sure somewhere in the last dozen pages or so a video exists, a couple of them....good ones.... or the crafty thread, but pretty sure both.

anyways, the wpa is awesome.

shredder

Has anyone tried restarting their mighty after letting it cool down? A couple times ive been interrupted in a session, let it go out, and later reused it with the same herb in the bowl. I did not expect much, but I think it's worth doing. The taste was so so, but I did get a fair amount of hits, and there were results.

radiant34

one of the lucky people that got the mighty for 330 off grass city. after waiting a whole weekend they have said they will ship my order. hopefully itll arrive on time for 4/20. they said it is shipping from their us warehouse.

radiant34,

VegNVape

Increase the Peace
Company Rep
Has anyone tried restarting their mighty after letting it cool down? A couple times ive been interrupted in a session, let it go out, and later reused it with the same herb in the bowl. I did not expect much, but I think it's worth doing. The taste was so so, but I did get a fair amount of hits, and there were results.
Nope, not me.

But then, I've gladly had no significant interuptions :tup:

For me always:
1 full bowl = 1 session.

I'm pleased you had results though. And I guess a few maintenance puffs once it's turned off will help to cool the oven down even faster & maybe save some extra goodness.

I should really try to resist the urge to destroy a full bowl in every session . . . . but then, that's the way aha aha I like it ;)
(sorry)

:peace:

fatbiker

Does the mighty support pass-through charging? Will I be able to you it while it's charging?

fatbiker,

uhranium

Now i'm late to the party but anyways:

1. Yes the unit stinks like hell, because if not clean, it is filled with ABV and all the gooiest stuff.
2. The base unit smells way less, especially if you give it a short brush from time to time.

My Mighty (#0027xx) is getting a bit odd on me, instead of showing an err 004 today, the °C-display wouldn't light up, I couldn't chose temperature and the actual temperature was showing on the white bottom instead of the orange top line.

so it looked like

| 190 |
|87..89..90 |
|[--- } |

instead of:

|87°C .. 91°C |
|190 °C |
|[--- } |

Next:

If you got no more stash, but a gooie cooling unit, hit your mighty up to 210°C and suck it up.
Et voilá: Vapor. This doesn't work with a 100% clean or newly bought unit of course.

Another thing I want to repeat is that you really need to give your ABV some long heat up time (like drawing 5-10 secs for 5-6 times each) if you fill the bowl up a lot with cold ABV. It may feel like the weed is done but they're is really some vapor left which is a kiss from god if you're out of fresh stuff.
---

The picking unit is the bomb. Flattening your packed bowl with the round end, pick stuck bowls out as well as oil pad or additional screens with the small end. Use it as a stand just by inserting it upside down on your mighty. Pretty genius.

--

You can fill up the filling aid and then take out the little clear plunge, put the top back on and turn your mighty from left to right. In step 1 all weed will fall into the edge of the outer circle that is on the other side of the open side of the inner circle. Step 2 you turn your mighty back to the left so that all the centered weed will fall into the open hole. Pretty lazy but kinda fun method :D

---
The fucking thing even works hands free, while I wouldn't advise it, you can actually keep the mighty running just by putting your teeth firmly on the mouthpiece. Lil bastard really grabs the whole unit. I am still afraid of it falling down that way, but until now it worked.

----

My old mighty really slows down heating as soon as you lose battery bars. On 5-6 bars (or on outlet) it heats up so mfin quickly, faster with more precision than any vape I've ever seen. I've never seen the °C Indicator go as much as 3° higher than what I set it.
On 4 bars you get a slightly slowing down in heating while on 3 it starts to become a difference.
When it's down to 2 bars I actually managed to get it onto 0 bars by just setting it to 210°C
This is a problem of the first wave of Mightys and has been taken care of by S&B already so when I get to replace my unit this shouldn't matter anymore.

Last edited:

Jurkone

Hi everyone!

I’ve recently tried the new Storz & Bickel vaporizers, the Crafty and the Mighty, which at first i thought they were overpriced, ugly and that didn’t bring anything new to the scene, but I’ve to say that I was really wrong.

C8dVw9R.jpg

It’s true that they are on the expensive side of the price spectrum, but when you try them you understand why.

Crafty technical features:
  • Warranty: 2 years​
  • Dimensions: 11cm x 5,7cm x 3,3cm​
  • Weight: 135gr​
  • Bowl volume: 3,4cm2​
  • 27W heater​
  • Lithium-Ion battery, 45 minute autonomy, rechargeable via USB or power adapter. Usable while charging the battery (after 20%).​
  • Automatic switch off after 1 minute​
  • Temperature range: 40ºC-210ºC /104ºF-410ºF​
  • Temperature indicator with Smartphone app​
  • Iphone app: http://goo.gl/pe97r2
  • Android app: http://goo.gl/bCSJDS
Mighty technical features
  • Warranty: 2 years​
  • Dimensions: 14cm x 8.1cm x 3cm​
  • Weight: 235g​
  • Bowl volume: 3,4cm2​
  • 30W heater​
  • 2x Lithium-Ion battery, 90 minute autonomy, rechargeable via power adapter. Usable while charging the battery (after 2 o 3 minutes)​
  • Automatic switch off after 1 minute​
  • Temperature range: 40ºC-210ºC /104ºF-410ºF​
  • Temperature indicator; high quality LED display​
Both have electronic controlled heating and work mainly by convection, with a little conduction support that adds de metallic bowl when it’s heated, for being in contact with the herbs. They also include a liquid pad for resins, and can be heatten to 410ºF too, but I couldn’t try it out, so I can’t say anything about its efficiency with liquids or meltable stuff.

s3i1Eiy.jpg

The visual feel it’s a bit bad in a first sight, because it looks a bit ugly (for me) and completely made of blavck plastic, with a plastic tube inhalation too, but held in hand it feels really solid and nice, with a good weight and being cold all the time. The Crafty feels light, and it’s comfortable in the pocket and using it.

The Mighty it’s much bigger, not being a problem when using it, but I wouldn’t carry it in the pocket. That’s justified by its autonomy, the screen and the control buttons, that need a bit more space.

I would say that the Crafty it’s designed for mid vapor consumers, or for those who need to carry it on the go, being a good idea to pair it with a portable USB battery, like those sold for recharging mobile phones.

WZjxrfe.jpg

The Mighty doubles its battery life, and heats a little faster, but it can’t be charged via USB, only using a wall plug. Both can be used while charging after a little time.

As the Crafty has no screen and only one button, it has two temperature presets; I mean, we press the button and it starts heating to 365ºF, and with pressing it again twice it heats to 383ºF. Those settings can be controlled with the smartphone app, that connects with the vaporizer via low consumption Bluetooth. This app also lets us configure the light intensity, the vibration, and much other things.

The Mighty needs to be powered on with the button, and only by setting the temperature and waiting about a minute and a half it will be ready. That’s it. We can inhale and enjoy.

PVaDg4C.jpg

Charging the bowl it’s easy, and can be done on the go without any problem, just grinding the herb and placing it on the hand, and then letting it fall into the bowl. It’s capacity it’s about 0.3g, and to expose the bowl we only have to twist the upper section of the vaporizer, which it’s fixed to it with two little plastic tabs.

4VXDf11.jpg

7s6TqnT.jpg

They work nice with little charges, with the bowl completely full, with loose herbs or packing it a bit. It’s amazing.

This upper section also includes the vapor cooling system, made of some little plastic pieces that convert the straight vapor path in a meandering one, expanding its length, condensing the vapor and giving it time to arrive to our mouth completely fresh and tasty.

¡It’s really amazing how fresh it is! You’ll never burn your lips or get hot vapor inhalations, what really surprised me, because it was the first time I’ve felt that with a portable vaporizer. This combined with their about 80% convection vaporizing system makes the sessions really tasty, without showing toasty flavors soon, only when the herb is almost done.

vdQpoNA.jpg

JG56JNw.jpg

Cleaning it it’s a charm, because you only need to keep clean the bowl using a brush or blowing it. The hardest part is cleaning the cooling system, disassembling the upper section of the vaporizer by pulling both parts one from inside the other, and cleaning it with isopropyl alcohol and a wipe. It can be done pretty fast.

So in resume, I would say that if the vapor quality it’s really important for you, you need to try them out. They are solid, easy to use, efficient, easy to clean, can be carried easily, charge relatively fast (crafty in 2h) and offer a high quality, tasty and cold vaporizing sessions. Maybe the only thing that annoys a little is that it will stop after a minute of use, what it’s good to save the battery, but it’s a bit bothering if you want to start using it and stop thinking about it. Any way, it will buzz to indicate it’s stopping, and it will do it again to show that the temperature set has been reached. So it’s not a big problem.

¡Nice Work, Sotrz & Bickel!
¡Thanks for reading! :D:D

Last edited:

fatbiker

Now i'm late to the party but anyways:

1. Yes the unit stinks like hell, because if not clean, it is filled with ABV and all the gooiest stuff.
2. The base unit smells way less, especially if you give it a short brush from time to time.

I'd like to ask a few questions regarding your fist point. Yes, I have been reading that the unit can have a smell to it. Are you able to reduce or mitigate the smell if you keep it relatively clean? What is the best way to reduce the odor it emits? This is a concern for me because I'd like to be stealthy with it.

fatbiker,

shredder

I'd like to ask a few questions regarding your fist point. Yes, I have been reading that the unit can have a smell to it. Are you able to reduce or mitigate the smell if you keep it relatively clean? What is the best way to reduce the odor it emits? This is a concern for me because I'd like to be stealthy with it.

We went over this a couple pages back. There is a small pack you can buy that hides odors.

I think if you can hide the smell from weed, the vape itself will be no problem. Unloaded my mighty has a slight abv smell, that most would not identify as weed.

While vaping my wife tells me it has a slight smell. Hope this helps.

fatbiker

So in resume, I would say that if the vapor quality it’s really important for you, you need to try them out. They are solid, easy to use, efficient, easy to clean, can be carried easily, charge relatively fast (crafty in 2h, Mighty in about 4) and offer a high quality, tasty and cold vaporizing sessions.​

You are claiming it takes 4 hours to charge the Mighty? Can any of you Mighty users confirm/deny this stated charge time? I was under the impression it took 2-3 hours to charge....not 4.

fatbiker,

shredder

You are claiming it takes 4 hours to charge the Mighty? Can any of you Mighty users confirm/deny this stated charge time? I was under the impression it took 2-3 hours to charge....not 4.

My mighty takes about an hour to go from 2 bars to a full charge (6 bars). The mighty uses a wall charger, I believe the crafty uses an USB type charger.

Top Bottom