The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

shredder

Thanks a bunch sir ! Did you do a burn off or go straight to packing and vaping ?

I got right down to bidness, lol. Never noticed any plastic smells that some have. I read so much here before hand, there was a short learning curve.

I would recommend using a spare screen to cover the bowl. It keeps the cooling unit cleaner. And it helps to keep partial loads in place. During the day full loads can be a bit much, so I run a lot of partial loads.

Hope this helps, and enjoy.

wax

I got right down to bidness, lol. Never noticed any plastic smells that some have. I read so much here before hand, there was a short learning curve.

I would recommend using a spare screen to cover the bowl. It keeps the cooling unit cleaner. And it helps to keep partial loads in place. During the day full loads can be a bit much, so I run a lot of partial loads.

Hope this helps, and enjoy.
A spare screen on the top of the bowl pr bottom ?and I plan 2!!

wax,

shredder

A spare screen on the top of the bowl pr bottom ?and I plan 2!!

I use a spare screen on the bowl's top. Some use the oil pad as well. The bottom screen is a fine mesh, and seems to work well. I've just cleaned the bottom screen once in a month of use. I'd be Leary of two bottom screens limiting air flow.

As I see it the main benefit to an another screen on top is to keep the cooling unit clean. I clean the cooling unit after approx twenty bowls or so.

shredder

Very nice! Your hands move a lot faster than mine, lol. I use a small ceramic bowl, and the included brush and q-tips to clean the unit. Your method looks easier though. I use Kleen extract instead of iso, I think it might be safer for reclaims.

shredder,
Reactions: VegNVape

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Very nice! Your hands move a lot faster than mine, lol. I use a small ceramic bowl, and the included brush and q-tips to clean the unit. Your method looks easier though. I use Kleen extract instead of iso, I think it might be safer for reclaims.
I had it sped up a little, my hands don't move that fast either...lol, I've never heard of keen extract, I'll do my research though...iI'm always looking to make the concentrates healthier

shredder

I had it sped up a little, my hands don't move that fast either...lol, I've never heard of keen extract, I'll do my research though...iI'm always looking to make the concentrates healthier

I'm having trouble posting a link, but there is a thread in the concentrate section of FC on Kleen extract. It's basically 100% or 200 proof ethyl alcohol. It's about $94 for a gallon to me delivered. Expensive, but better to work with than iso, and a bit safer IMHO.

biohacker

@OF is the battery expert but I believe he resides mostly in the solo and air threads. Regardless I believe most of his know how (or at least some) comes from batteryuniversity.com.

biohacker,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
how often do you have to clean it?
I made that video 2 days ago and it needs cleaning again..
15s5150.jpg

...so with my rate of use, every 2-3 days
but I try to iso swab the bowl nightly for maintenance (that's the top screen and it's a few plant particles, but mostly 'goo') :science:
@shredder that is expensive, but then again...so was the mighty and I got that and the crafty...plus I suppose the gallon will last a while, so it's drinkable as well?

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Really, there are no wrong ways to vape the Mighty, but, like @shredder stated above, if you put a screen over the load (or the oil pad over the load), it really keeps the cooling unit cleaner as the screen in the cooling unit is not that fine nor easily cleanable and particles get into the mouthpiece. This screen is easy to clean.
2014-11-23123139.jpg

shredder

I made that video 2 days ago and it needs cleaning again..
15s5150.jpg

...so with my rate of use, every 2-3 days
but I try to iso swab the bowl nightly for maintenance (that's the top screen and it's a few plant particles, but mostly 'goo') :science:
@shredder that is expensive, but then again...so was the mighty and I got that and the crafty...plus I suppose the gallon will last a while, so it's drinkable as well?

For me 20 bowls would be every 3-4 days. (5-6 bowls per day) But my cooling unit has never been very bad, just a little gooey.

I would not drink Kleen extract. I'm afraid lab quality alcohol could damage your stomach, and not taste good anyway. I guess you could make a reclaim tincture and drink it if you diluted it enough, but I wouldn't.

MinnBobber

I would appreciate any tips to keep the mighty battery going strong as long as possible

I don't own a Mighty but heavily researched Li-Ion battery care.
Experts agree on several parameters for max battery life:

1. Li-Ion batteries do not like extended storage at full charge. Should not be an issue if you vape regulrly.
2. They don't like to be fully discharged
3. They don't like high temps
4. They don't like to be charged and discharged at the same time, especially in high discharge use like a vape. So even if S & B says it is ok, it will not wreck your battery BUT is not conducive to long battery life. See #3 as charging and discharging simultaneously raises battery temp !!

biohacker

Can't be different than the crafty, but after every bowl I dump it out hot then give a quick hard blow of air to the screen and it stays free of debris! The inside of the cooling unit on the other hand....

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@macbill the cooling unit screen is super easy to clean and even with the screen over the load mine still has to be cleaned often
@shredder I vape about 15 to 20 bowls A DAY! (I am ashamed now) it's been about 5 or 6 today so far, I think I should start keeping a record for fun now. But I definitely wouldn't drink it (and don't drink alcohol at all) but generally something you can ingest in any method should be safer all around, that's why I asked (of course with ISO is not the case)
I also charge at night, and usually drain it completely be mid day, charge again and am good for the rest of the day, charge at night and repeat

Last edited:

shredder

I don't own a Mighty but heavily researched Li-Ion battery care.
Experts agree on several parameters for max battery life:

1. Li-Ion batteries do not like extended storage at full charge. Should not be an issue if you vape regulrly.
2. They don't like to be fully discharged
3. They don't like high temps
4. They don't like to be charged and discharged at the same time, especially in high discharge use like a vape. So even if S & B says it is ok, it will not wreck your battery BUT is not conducive to long battery life. See #3 as charging and discharging simultaneously raises battery temp !!

Thanks for stepping in, much appreciated.

The mighty has 6 bars for a battery strength indicator. I usually charge mine at night when it has 2-3 bars left. I don't think its ever been lower than 2 bars, should i run it down to one bar on occasion?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Perhaps you're using better, more resinous product. Or maybe I grind mine too fine. Before I used the overlay screen, my Mighty seemed to clog up frequently. I found cleaning the fixed screen hard: hard for me. I'm very clumsy, I'm sure it's much easier for nimble-fingered-folk. Hey, it's all good. "Do whatever is easiest", is my motto.

shredder

Can't be different than the crafty, but after every bowl I dump it out hot then give a quick hard blow of air to the screen and it stays free of debris! The inside of the cooling unit on the other hand....

Be careful when using the brush on a hot bowl, they will smoke on a hot bowl.
I hit mine 2-3 times after I shut it down to milk the last of it and it helps cool off the bowl. And like I said those brushes do smoke, not sure if it's oil residue or brush hairs, but best to wait just a little before brushing out a hot bowl.

Top Bottom