The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I started using salt for my glass pieces. And I did notice a difference their cleanliness. I’m guessing a mild abrasive.
Salt is super helpful. Also someone on this thread recommended rinsing with cold water, which is genius....it really helps rinse off residual resin.

I put all the disassembled CU pieces in a plastic bottle with a tablespoon of salt. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes. Shake it vigorously. Rinse all pieces in very cold water. Voila....no scraping, no fuss. Works great. :2c:

Jack_72

Warm or even hot iso is way more effective so my advice is to put a cup of iso in the microwave. Watch out though, don't let it get too hot (if that's even possible I don't know). Usually a couple of seconds are enough! Get the cup out, put all the things you want to clean into it, stir around and wash everything under water in the end. Perfect and clean in just 2 minutes!

This is so far the best and fastest technique to me :). Save the brown iso and let it for evaporate for strong cannabis oil.

I started an RMA with S&B because of the broken housing on my otherwise fully working mighty, they offered me a new unit for 298.- €. Iirc a new housing was around 70€, or was the batterie replacement around 70€? Apparently they can’t service an used mighty and simply swap them out against a new one
Thats a pity I always thought you could generally get a brand new device in exchange for your used one for 80 bucks...

grogazola

Noticed some discolouration near my bowl whilst deep cleaning it today.

https://imgur.com/a/iRldkOx

I tried wiping it with isopropyl but it came back. Worried it may be because isoproyl now ironically! Seems to have gotten marginally better with a microfibre cloth.

Anyone seen their plastic slightly white near the bowl like that pic? Is it permanent?

Last edited:

Jack_72

Anyone else have plastic that is slightly white near the bowl like that pic? Is it permanent?
Yea it's permanent and totally normal you can't prevent your mighty from getting brown. Its probably caused by the heat I mean your frying pan for example also becomes brown from time to time lol.

Edit: sorry I misread, the white residue is indeed caused by the isopropanol and permanent since the surface seems rough. You gotta be careful and moderate with the iso on the case. Cooling units seem to be more resistant to iso?

Last edited:

grogazola

Yea it's permanent and totally normal you can't prevent your mighty from getting brown. Its probably caused by the heat I mean your frying pan for example also becomes brown from time to time lol.

Edit: sorry I misread, the white residue is indeed caused by the isopropanol and permanent since the surface seems rough. You gotta be careful and moderate with the iso on the case. Cooling units seem to be more resistant to iso?

Weird! I never really use isopropyl on this part. Except today.

I was hoping it was just resin, but it’s definitely white. It definitely looks better after a microfibre wipe down.

Appreciate your insight @Jack_72!

Anyone else have the same white around their bowls??

Vape_Or_Die420

Salt is super helpful. Also someone on this thread recommended rinsing with cold water, which is genius....it really helps rinse off residual resin.

I put all the disassembled CU pieces in a plastic bottle with a tablespoon of salt. Let it sit for 30-60 minutes. Shake it vigorously. Rinse all pieces in very cold water. Voila....no scraping, no fuss. Works great. :2c:
I think that would have probably been my suggestion on the cold water rinse.

I advise any of you hot water rinsers to give this method a shot. It works great with this plastic material. Use very cold water to rinse.

Just give it a shot, let the great debate begin!

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Thanks for the heads up @grogazola, I will be careful with iso on the main body from now on, especially as I use 100% iso, not the watered-down stuff.:tup:
It seems there are a few manufacturers that use less than ideal materials for this very reason...bugger for OCD sufferers (I am not one of those luckily):myday:

Edit, @Vape_Or_Die420 my ultrasonic cleaner only heats water, looks like new after with no manual input.:2c:

Vape_Or_Die420

Weird! I never really use isopropyl on this part. Except today.

I was hoping it was just resin, but it’s definitely white. It definitely looks better after a microfibre wipe down.

Appreciate your insight @Jack_72!

Anyone else have the same white around their bowls??
I would say give it another short soak in iso, use a toothbrush on it and rinse with COLD water.

Vape_Or_Die420,
Reactions: grogazola

grogazola

I would say give it another short soak in iso, use a toothbrush on it and rinse with COLD water.

Thanks! I just gave it a swab with cold water, upside down.

I’ll be honest, it looks better after wiping it/picking at it with a microfibre.

Definitely looks better! Does anyone else have any whiteness around theirs??

Edit - could be from wiping the ceramic part of the bowl (white part) with isopropryl...?

grogazola,
Reactions: BigJr48

grogazola

i have only seen white residue on my cu after improper rinsing.

I gave it a deep clean yesterday. A bunch of isopropyl swabs on the ceramic and aluminum, I held it upside down, maybe some isopropyl dripped down?

I really appreciate everyone’s input!!!

On another note, it’s frustrating to see so many people with issues in this thread from a couple pages back.

it started again..... after 2 years.
this is a replacement of the original one which had the same issue. (also lasted 2 years)

Hi sorry to see your vape is also self destructing exactly like mine and I babyed my unit.

Had the same issue with my first Mighty after about 2,5 years.

+1

3rd Mighty, already new Model. Just out of warranty and chipping again...

It’s a shame this device has so many issues with the plastic near the bowl. I guess I’ll really limit my usage of this isopropyl - despite it being safe to use on peek.

Sorry to rehash all of your messages from a couple weeks ago, but I really appreciate you sharing this information!

blackstone

I gave it a deep clean yesterday. A bunch of isopropyl swabs on the ceramic and aluminum, I held it upside down, maybe some isopropyl dripped down?

I really appreciate everyone’s input!!!

On another note, it’s frustrating to see so many people with issues in this thread from a couple pages back.

It’s a shame this device has so many issues with the plastic near the bowl. I guess I’ll really limit my usage of this isopropyl - despite it being safe to use on peek.

Sorry to rehash all of your messages from a couple weeks ago, but I really appreciate you sharing this information!

If you get even a hairline crack, or more, anywhere before your warranty ends, hand it back and possibly mention anything else such as, it's battery is also getting sluggish and the airflow is a bit less (because they might be a little bit like that by then.)
You'll likely get a new Mighty for around 80 bucks, but the warranty does not refresh on that unit.
Or they will gladly replace your outer casing for free!
Works out pretty good that way IME.
Enjoy, and set a reminder for the end of your warranty period!

grogazola

If you get even a hairline crack, or more, anywhere before your warranty ends, hand it back and possibly mention anything else such as, it's battery is also getting sluggish and the airflow is a bit less (because they might be a little bit like that by then.)
You'll likely get a new Mighty for around 80 bucks, but the warranty does not refresh on that unit.
Or they will gladly replace your outer casing for free!
Works out pretty good that way IME.
Enjoy, and set a reminder for the end of your warranty period!

True! I feel like someone mentioned a few pages back that they only offer 20% discounts nowadays? Would be awesome to get one for $80!

Also, along with shipping to the States from Canada, it might just be easier (when the time comes) to sell it for $150 and buy a new one for $300 with a new warranty - instead of paying ~$50 for shipping and ~$80 for a new model without warranty.

@blackstone how have they been with you? did they offer you the $80 new unit? that’s the dream lol

@blackstone - do you see any signs of white (or scuffs) around your bowl? you’ve had your device for a while??

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I think that would have probably been my suggestion on the cold water rinse.

I advise any of you hot water rinsers to give this method a shot. It works great with this plastic material. Use very cold water to rinse.

Just give it a shot, let the great debate begin!
No debate here. It works! Provided you....

1. iso soak for at least 30 minutes and preferably 60.
2. use a generous amount of salt
3. shake that container like your life depends on it
4. rinse the pieces thoroughly in cold water

Works for me. Before I started using salt and cold water rinses I had to do scraping. The salt really helps remove the stickiest crap.

blackstone

I think that person's warranty had actually elapsed the way I read it? If we're talking about the same post!
My experience was exactly what I posted, I think @tdriver had the exact same 4 years or more this way he said.
I sold my second unit after the period with some cosmetic cracking.
My RMA I paid shipping but they started sending shipping labels where I am since.

At around 23 months I used a jewellers loupe to inspect for cracking in good light or outdoor sun and found some.

It will be great if they crack! the formula with their newest vapes or switch to something else, but the service life I got was good value.
I used to spend 100 bucks a year on papers and thousands on tobacco before that, no more real need to visit 24 hour shops now either for same!

I had some alright ideas for a frame or shell to make a Mighty work good without the casing,
if I thought it would be a huge seller I might have got into making a few! But I think the demand for it would be hard to judge as time goes on.
Less chance now because I've sold it. Still not sure what vape to get with the money if anything, maybe another new Mighty sometime or if a plus comes!?
Crafty+ is doin fine for me meanwhile, we might get a suprise from some maker somewhere!

Never got the white marks much but I'd keep iso to a minimum. I used it up there occasionally, but mine cracked a but in the end too!

Selling and re-buying is always an option, although I am thinking private selling is possibly not going to be guaranteed 100% safe all the time either?!
So take care, but you should be fine!

EDIT - This person did well!:
Had the same issue with my first Mighty after about 2,5 years. Got an updated 2019 modell for 60 Euros as a return unit back then.
Located in Germany apparently, maybe that helps!

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Noticed some discolouration near my bowl whilst deep cleaning it today.

https://imgur.com/a/iRldkOx

I tried wiping it with isopropyl but it came back. Worried it may be because isoproyl now ironically! Seems to have gotten marginally better with a microfibre cloth.

Anyone seen their plastic slightly white near the bowl like that pic? Is it permanent?
I haven't seen any white on Mighty in four years. I often swab around both inside the bowl and also its' surroundings with iso alcohol, often the 99%. I don't think this hurts at all.
In your photo I'm having trouble seeing the difference between white areas and light-reflections?
I think that most often 'plastics' may turn white if abraded (scraped or rubbed) or if stressed by tension/torque.
It is hard to guess how either if those might be causing white on the edge of the perimeter like that appears to be.

If still under warranty, track this carefully and submit a claim before expiration. Good photos and a wtf?!? may get you satisfaction. ;)

Other than that, my compliments, 'cause your Mighty's bowl is almost new-looking!

grogazola

I haven't seen any white on Mighty in four years. I often swab around both inside the bowl and also its' surroundings with iso alcohol, often the 99%. I don't think this hurts at all.
In your photo I'm having trouble seeing the difference between white areas and light-reflections?
I think that most often 'plastics' may turn white if abraded (scraped or rubbed) or if stressed by tension/torque.
It is hard to guess how either if those might be causing white on the edge of the perimeter like that appears to be.

I think you nailed it! I took some new pictures after a cold water swab (thanks @Vape_Or_Die420) and it looks better.

In fact, the white is basically gone. There are a couple of slight scuffs due to torque/tension. Weirdly enough, I had a picture after my first cleaning (when the unit was three weeks old) and these same couple of scuffs are on it.

It was definitely a mixture of reflection + some residue from my deep cleaning. I really appreciate your detailed reply @vapviking - there’s nothing wrong with my unit, and isopropyl is fine on this part. I suppose plastics benefit from a cold water swab (upside down!) after using isopropyl.

https://imgur.com/a/B8tsxZ6
Top pic from today, bottom from a month ago, unit is two months old; very slight scuff remaining on either side due to torque/tension.

I wonder if just placing the CU on top of the device without locking/turning it (so that the CU is perpendicular to the unit) relieves this stress or prevents further stress...

Chemdog

I also used iso&salt (back in combustion days..) seems the same as store bought cleaners like randys..

now I just use iso 91 for trash and
99% or ever clear if I want to keep reclaim

Chemdog,
Reactions: BigJr48
hey everyone, i have enjoyed reading the forum. I just got my 1st mighty monday 2/24/2020. I am extremely impressed. I dont want to burn anymore,vape is where its at. I am noticing by breathing is improving and my high feels so much cleaner and more pure if you can understand what i mean. i have been acting like this thing is my baby, ive been cleaning after every 5 sessions or so, i burn probably 5 bowls a day so cleaning is now becoming a chore. how long should i wait to clean to stay on the nice taste and pure side. looking forward to reading more of the forum.

Polarbearboy

Tokin' Away Since 1968
hey everyone, i have enjoyed reading the forum. I just got my 1st mighty monday 2/24/2020. I am extremely impressed. I dont want to burn anymore,vape is where its at. I am noticing by breathing is improving and my high feels so much cleaner and more pure if you can understand what i mean. i have been acting like this thing is my baby, ive been cleaning after every 5 sessions or so, i burn probably 5 bowls a day so cleaning is now becoming a chore. how long should i wait to clean to stay on the nice taste and pure side. looking forward to reading more of the forum.

I bought a couple of extra cooling units. They aren't that expensive. I just change cooling units until two or more need to be cleaned. I'm not sure if its because I always use dosing capsules, but I don't clean until a bit of residue starts to drip down through the bottom screen. Other than that, I occasionally wipe out the bowl and around the cu screen with a little alcohol swab.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Hey, welcome to the forums and hopefully to totally fucked combustion.
If you've done 5 bowls a day since 2/24, you shouldn't have needed to clean to cooling unit yet, unless your flower is super resinous or you're doing concentrates in Mighty.
If you use the capsules exclusively, the chamber will keep clean look far longer. If you do this, remove the c/u screen or it gets oily faster.
Tip; try to not combust at all for a week or two. This will set the hook, and after that combusting will taste so crappy that you really won't want to go back!
The effects of vape are qualitatively different from the effects of combustion smoke.
Enjoy.

Top Bottom