The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

ChooChooCharlie

No_screens.jpg

Give it a try

caliganja420

Would you guys recommend using a mighty cooling unit on a crafty? Will it crack my crafty since its a bit heavier? I feel like its a little upgrade

caliganja420,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Would you guys recommend using a mighty cooling unit on a crafty? Will it crack my crafty since its a bit heavier? I feel like its a little upgrade
I've used Crafty c/u on a Mighty, and my Muzzmod is made from a Crafty c/u though I use it on Mighty. I assume using Mighty c/u on a Crafty would work fine. I'm not saying that this would be an upgrade; I think the difference would be minimal.
Yes, always be careful not to tighten a c/u if it feels like it is causing pressure on the main unit (regardless of Mighty or Crafty). We know there's a history of cracking in this area of the device and you never know, c/u could be slightly warped or mis-shapen and that could cause problems.

Imo the best 'upgrade' to the Crafty or Mighty experience is the introduction of a water piece.

Jack_72

Hello guys,
Would you help me with one thing :S ...?

I have this glass water bubbler with a 14mm input:
https://de.dhgate.com/product/mouthpiece-stem-water-bubbler-14mm-with-glass/393988277.html

I also already own the 18mm Easy Flow adapter. I am looking for a cheap male 14mm glass piece, which I would put into the Easy Flow black plastic ring. Therefore I would not need to buy a new 14mm Easly Flow thingy for 20 bucks...

Do you have any clue which glass piece I would had to buy? I already tried out those but they are too short and too loose:
https://de.dhgate.com/product/mini-glass-adapter-10mm-female-to-14mm-male/391750742.html

Any suggestions would be super helpful :).

Jack_72,

Kiliam

Ok i have my capsules clean on the outside:
image.jpg

I used a steel brush.
The inside is another history:
image.jpg

I even tried with a dremel. Iso with or without hot water did nothing.
I don't think I left them too long till cleaning.
I think it's about use and going always until 210C.
It's like the oven, my mighty oven is a lot more bad looking than the crafty. The crafty one never surpassed 195C.

dzoinp

Accessory Maker
Ok i have my capsules clean on the outside:
image.jpg

I used a steel brush.
The inside is another history:
image.jpg

I even tried with a dremel. Iso with or without hot water did nothing.
I don't think I left them too long till cleaning.
I think it's about use and going always until 210C.
It's like the oven, my mighty oven is a lot more bad looking than the crafty. The crafty one never surpassed 195C.
I use a liquid pad soaked in heated alcool in the microwave to clean the oven from my crafty and mighty. I put them upside down and I'm running the liquid pad until everything comes out. Then I repeat the process with kitchen paper and look like new.
To clean the capsules inside you can do the same way.
Do not forget to use kitchen towels at the end ..

simplywonderful

Hi guys I noticed that some sites are selling some new model of mighty with reinforced housing ( is this the 2018 model)?, Im wondering if any of you did encountered the chipping of the cu mount and if it happened to you on multiple devices and if it was warrantied. I wish they updated it made it stronger, it broke on my device for about second or third time, leaving the device almost unusable

Just sent one in where the casing at the top was split open. About 18 months old. They sent the same unit back with a new casing and new cooling unit. Was hoping for a new one...all in all they fixed the problem so not complaining:peace: cost me about $15 for shipping
are you sure it was the same unit and not a brand new?
@BigJr48 and @Mr. Me2 tnx for you answers :)

@BigJr48 can you tell me how does basic GPS cases perform smell wise? Can you use it to transport your vape publicly?

Did someone try RYOT PIPER series?
you need ryot packratz M size :)

Instead of a Forum, i.e. where people READ, this place is becoming more and more a Q&A chatroom... :rant::goon:

Not that I'm complaining, I learned much after reading the 500+ pages :myday: of course, after filtering all the off-topic rubbish.

And while sure it's nice to have quick answer to (y)our questions :razz: a suggestion would be NOT to answer questions when the person making the question has clearly made no effort to locate an answer, either by reading the forum and/or using the search function.

OR it it just me?

To keep my post useful: screens size 12,5mm will fit in your dosing caps and prevent debris in your CU

V4M
I agree there should be some important highlighted sticky posts with most useful info like parts, adapters etc. What screens do you use in CU ? or non at all?

Last edited by a moderator:
simplywonderful,
Reactions: Donskills

newVaper420

Vapor Enthusiast
A German friend of mine who is a popular canna activist, reviewer and also well connected to mj industries told me yesterday that he has heard from a reliable source that a new portable device by S&B is in the pipeline!

Now that is exciting.

In other news, I broke my mighty filling aid. I ordered a new one immediately. I also misplaced the capsule container so I got a new one of those as well.

I tell you, the Mighty is an amazing device. I love this thing. Super reliable.

analytika

Instead of a Forum, i.e. where people READ, this place is becoming more and more a Q&A chatroom... :rant::goon:

Not that I'm complaining, I learned much after reading the 500+ pages :myday: of course, after filtering all the off-topic rubbish.

And while sure it's nice to have quick answer to (y)our questions :razz: a suggestion would be NOT to answer questions when the person making the question has clearly made no effort to locate an answer, either by reading the forum and/or using the search function.

OR it it just me?

To keep my post useful: screens size 12,5mm will fit in your dosing caps and prevent debris in your CU

V4M
XenForo does a lot of things well. In fact it's probably the highest expression of what those of us in core developer communities focused on forums in the last 90s and early aughts were striving to achieve.

But what many of us realized. five or ten years ago, is that the approach is kinda of a dead end, at scale, for aggregating and curating accessible quality content.

I know the moderators and active community participants try very hard. But it's the nature of the beast for popular discussions to devolve into 500+ pages with rising peak quality, but declining average quality, readability and utility.

Last edited:

simplywonderful

A German friend of mine who is a popular canna activist, reviewer and also well connected to mj industries told me yesterday that he has heard from a reliable source that a new portable device by S&B is in the pipeline!
did he mentioned any specific details? :D

simplywonderful,
Reactions: BigJr48

Kiliam

@BigJr48 - airflow isn't changed. I read about removing the CU screen in this thread, tried it, and had great success. No more sticky residue goo on the top of capsule lids. Before removing the screen, I would be constantly changing out CU's to avoid resin drips on capsules. One of the reasons I acquired so many CUs. Now my capsules always stay nice, never even have to clean them.

It did not work that well for me.
Monday night I cleaned my CU and had all my capsules clean (outside at least). Yesterday was holiday here so I vaped like on a weekend day. This is my CU today:

image.jpg

image.jpg

Maybe 30 capsules, or some more a bit.
And you can already see a rim of oil around the capsule top.

Vapor4me

Monday night I cleaned my CU and had all my capsules clean (outside at least). Yesterday was holiday here so I vaped like on a weekend day. This is my CU today:

image.jpg

Outch! This hurts my eyes....

A couple of suggestions:
- Try not grinding that fine
- Inhale long and continuously, as if you were sipping some fine elixir.
- Use a screen inside your caps (I use one on top and one at the bottom) and use the lid to close them
- Use a fine layer of hemp fibre on top of your dosing capsule before you close it, to serve as a filter. You can reuse the fibre.
- Get a couple extra CUs and rotate, keep them clean. Dirt sticks to dirt

For cleaning the caps, have you tried an ultrasonic cleaner? PWB?

V4M

crownroyaldaddy

I feel like putting a screen in every cap sounds super tedious. I guess if youre going to reuse them it makes some sense. I cant see myself reusing the caps personally.

Im nearly through my first set of 40 and i like the concenience for the road with easy reloads. But i wasnt expecting them to leak and gum up the top screen like they have.

Going to order another set of 40 as well as another cooling unit and see how a screenless CU does.

crownroyaldaddy,
Reactions: BigJr48

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Ya know . . . I haven't contributed to this thread in a long, long time but, something needs to be said here. Folks having these dirty issues with S&B products need to keep some things in mind because I have never had a problem and here is why:

First: You MUST have medicine that has not been cut early and HAS been CURED PROPERLY. I know a lot of you think that stinky/gooey weed is what you want, but it isn't. Greedy dealers cut early and short cure to charge you more for water weight. This adds gooooooo to your vape and rips off your $$$. Properly cut and cured medicine, or at least dry medicine, is much more friendly for your vape.

Second: Don't huff that thing like its an Olympic sport. With vaping its best to start the draw slowly, xfering heat to the load until it starts to give, then gently increase your inhale through the rest of your hit. Huffing, especially at high temps, creates crud.

Third: Don't take your temp too high. If your ABV looks like oil soaked creosote stop and think about what you are doing and why. The purpose of vaping is not to create tars and other byproducts of combustion, however, get close and you can start down that road. Lower temps are cleaner and so are the effects . . . YMMV.

Fourth: Do not grind too fine. A shred is best.

Fifth: Clean is no accident. Keep your toolz in order . . . never compromise safety.

If you you use properly cured/dry medicine, with suitable technique and temps, you will be surprised at how clean things will stay in your S&B products.

Its not as much about capsules and screens as it is about proper medicine, usage, and maintenance.

Last edited:

wombat24

zealot - church of the blessed dynayap
greetings all! just thought I’d share my thoughts of the Mighty after one week’s ownership. Have been combusting for 30 years, used a vape once about 8 years ago (VapirNO2?) and I remember I preferred to smoke the AVB. Anyways after not thinking about it again I recently came across an article online that piqued my interest so I went on to eBay, typed “vaporiser” OK what to choose? I didn’t want to go too low or too high so I settled on the Hebe Titan 2 @ $35 – what’s the worse thing that could happen? (apart from burning or poisoning myself?) So, I decided I’d better check out the reviews. Down that rabbit hole I went soon discovering a world of vaporisers I did not know existed. It soon became apparent that no.1 in this game is S&B and soon began coveting the Crafty (it seemed to do the same job as the Mighty but had better size/shape) but I thought the cost prohibitive and started to think about a boundless CF or Starry Xmax instead. The more I read the more it seemed that the Mighty was the idiot proof option that I needed. An unexpected windfall was all the prompting I needed to dive in and get one.

So, what’s it like? Most of you would/should know Kubrick’s 2001: a space odyssey and in particular the opening “dawn of man” scene, well the black obelisk and the Mighty are one and the same! It was an awakening of cosmic proportions! The flavours, the tactile experience, the hit, everything was true!

I’m using the capsules exclusively and having fun experimenting with load size, packing technique, temperature surfing etc. A question, in group sessions, is it ok to do back to back caps or even back to back to back caps, does it risk overheating the unit? I some times find a full cap can be too much so I’m going to adopt Vaporcussion’s method and have ordered some Firefly concentrate pads as spacers.

One unexpected benefit is that since vaping my cigarette consumption has reduced by more than 50% straight away! I think I’ve found the missing link to finally rid myself of that evil stuff. yay.

I also recently delved into the world of coffee blending and roasting and the similarities are amazing; - the importance of a good grinder, matching the grind with the extraction method, the roasting of botanicals. I’m sure people have made tea from AVB but has anyone ever vaped coffee while it’s roasting hmmmm? Well I’ll leave that to the coffee/vape thread.

Catch ya down the track

vapviking

Old & In the Way
greetings all! just thought I’d share my thoughts of the Mighty after one week’s ownership. Have been combusting for 30 years, used a vape once about 8 years ago (VapirNO2?) and I remember I preferred to smoke the AVB. Anyways after not thinking about it again I recently came across an article online that piqued my interest so I went on to eBay, typed “vaporiser” OK what to choose? I didn’t want to go too low or too high so I settled on the Hebe Titan 2 @ $35 – what’s the worse thing that could happen? (apart from burning or poisoning myself?) So, I decided I’d better check out the reviews. Down that rabbit hole I went soon discovering a world of vaporisers I did not know existed. It soon became apparent that no.1 in this game is S&B and soon began coveting the Crafty (it seemed to do the same job as the Mighty but had better size/shape) but I thought the cost prohibitive and started to think about a boundless CF or Starry Xmax instead. The more I read the more it seemed that the Mighty was the idiot proof option that I needed. An unexpected windfall was all the prompting I needed to dive in and get one.

So, what’s it like? Most of you would/should know Kubrick’s 2001: a space odyssey and in particular the opening “dawn of man” scene, well the black obelisk and the Mighty are one and the same! It was an awakening of cosmic proportions! The flavours, the tactile experience, the hit, everything was true!

I’m using the capsules exclusively and having fun experimenting with load size, packing technique, temperature surfing etc. A question, in group sessions, is it ok to do back to back caps or even back to back to back caps, does it risk overheating the unit? I some times find a full cap can be too much so I’m going to adopt Vaporcussion’s method and have ordered some Firefly concentrate pads as spacers.

One unexpected benefit is that since vaping my cigarette consumption has reduced by more than 50% straight away! I think I’ve found the missing link to finally rid myself of that evil stuff. yay.

I also recently delved into the world of coffee blending and roasting and the similarities are amazing; - the importance of a good grinder, matching the grind with the extraction method, the roasting of botanicals. I’m sure people have made tea from AVB but has anyone ever vaped coffee while it’s roasting hmmmm? Well I’ll leave that to the coffee/vape thread.

Catch ya down the track
Welcome, @wombat24 and best of luck to you on the path to fucking combustion. You made a great choice in the Mighty. Once I got into vaping herb, though it took a little while, the taste of any combusted smoke, including tobacco, started to become more and more unpleasant. I believe this made it a little easier for me when I did decide to stop cigarette smoking.

The Mighty (at least my 3 yr old Mighty), if pushed too far, will overheat and shut down. Won't restart until cooled down some. So, back to back to back caps, in theory, should not hurt it. But pushing it to its' limit may not be good for it on a regular basis. I do know that using a Crafty in that way can certainly kill it. It has a thermal fuse that, once tripped, renders the Crafty useless until that fuse is replaced. I have not heard of this issue in Mighty, overall it is a far more robust piece.

woppa

image.jpg

image.jpg

That's not normal. That can't be normal right??

When I am done with my cap, I have no mess. The caps are not sticky, and I just need to blow on the CU and oven. No sticky residue anywhere except maybe inside the CU. I've reused the caps probably 10x already and they look like brand new. No cleaning necessary.

Surf Monkey

I hope you’re right. I’m on my second Mighty. Nothing comes close to beating it. I want to see what S&B can do with all these years of experience.

Top Bottom