The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
So, you're saying the new version has a boost function on it? I wonder if S&B know that?

Yup! It is mentioned in the manual. I didn't even think to try this on the Mighty because the screen/buttons are really, well, I think it is just as easy as double click the button. Does help with one handed operation I guess.

Slagzord,
Reactions: curubelo

hassan

Connoisseur
When you guys take a drag on the Mighty, how much does the temperature fall?

My standard temperature is 195 and then I boost to 210 when I want to finish it off.

When I draw at 195-198 (where it maxes out before dropping to 194 and cycling), a long draw will drop the temperature to 188/189.

Is this fairly normal?

I might be losing my mind, but I feel like the performance is dropping off already - only had it a month or so.

I just feel the clouds aren't as thick for as long, and it also seems to take a whole lot more draws of thinner vapour to achieve complete extraction.

Also, today when I was using it plugged in at 210 (max) for a while, I got an ERR01 error which is apparently a hot battery.

How many draws would you say one should get at higher temperatures? I'm worried my battery is deteriorating already, despite the fact that I use it plugged in a lot.

How many full bowls do you guys get out of a single charge and at what temperatures?

Thanks guys!

hassan,

CIWYW

My standard temperature is 195 and then I boost to 210 when I want to finish it off.

When I draw at 195-198 (where it maxes out before dropping to 194 and cycling), a long draw will drop the temperature to 188/189.

Is this fairly normal?

I might be losing my mind, but I feel like the performance is dropping off already - only had it a month or so.

I just feel the clouds aren't as thick for as long, and it also seems to take a whole lot more draws of thinner vapour to achieve complete extraction.

Also, today when I was using it plugged in at 210 (max) for a while, I got an ERR01 error which is apparently a hot battery.

How many draws would you say one should get at higher temperatures? I'm worried my battery is deteriorating already, despite the fact that I use it plugged in a lot.

How many full bowls do you guys get out of a single charge and at what temperatures?

Thanks guys!

I don't know for sure, but I think that my Mighty only drops 2-3 celcius when I take a huge draw via my waterpipe. Basically it's the same as if I'm not drawing, because the temperature that you set the Mighty on is not the temperate it keeps it on the whole time. Lets say I use 210 degrees. It will actually keeps the device between 208 - 212 (sometimes it goes to 207 when I take a draw)

CIWYW,

gunmetalshark

Glass Addict

Is this fairly normal?

Thanks guys!

Temp. drop seems normal, i am just using mime and getting similar readings..

Rest of the problems do occur if the cooling chamber gets too dirty, did u try cleaning it yet ?
I realize every time after cleaning how big an impact that is :)

gunmetalshark,

hassan

Connoisseur
Temp. drop seems normal, i am just using mime and getting similar readings..

Rest of the problems do occur if the cooling chamber gets too dirty, did u try cleaning it yet ?
I realize every time after cleaning how big an impact that is :)

I just realized that on the new version, the clip with the logo just pops right off, so I'll buy ISO today and submerge it whole.

hassan,
Reactions: grokit

Jack_72

Short update,

I wrote S&B about the leak within the cooling unit and if a RMA really would be necessary and they replied that I indeed should send in the whole unit (of course without all the accessoires).
I will send it in next monday and hope that I will receive my Mighty before friday :/.

Anyways, only positive thing is that again I will get some new accessoires.

Jack_72,

hassan

Connoisseur
Short update,

I wrote S&B about the leak within the cooling unit and if a RMA really would be necessary and they replied that I indeed should send in the whole unit (of course without all the accessoires).
I will send it in next monday and hope that I will receive my Mighty before friday :/.

Anyways, only positive thing is that again I will get some new accessoires.

So you have to send the CU as well? If that's the case, is that safe?

hassan,

Jack_72

Wow, really? Seemed to me that the positive thing is that they are sending you a new vape under warranty without hassle....no?
I am not being ungrateful, english ist just not my mother tongue ;). In fact, I did speak in high terms about the S&B customer service in the email and the were actually thankful "for the nice words about our RMA services".

What I was trying to say: The Mighty, which I have to send in now, is already a replacement device and only 3 weeks old! So yeah, it DOES suck for me to send it in again after that _super short time_ and yeah, the only good thing is the double accessoires I will receive for that.

I really am praising the S&B customer service (and this is ofc not the fist post) but I am not going to applaud for replacing a device which was already broken during shipment, sorry :/. This means just that they are following local laws ;).

edit: No, I can keep the CU (which leaks air) but with all the sealing rings etc @hassan .

Last edited:

Baron23

I am not being ungrateful, english ist just not my mother tongue ;). In fact, I did speak in high terms about the S&B customer service in the email and the were actually thankful "for the nice words about our RMA services".

What I was trying to say: The Mighty, which I have to send in now, is already a replacement device and only 3 weeks old! So yeah, it DOES suck for me to send it in again after that _super short time_ and yeah, the only good thing is the double accessoires I will receive for that.

I really am praising the S&B customer service (and this is ofc not the fist post) but I am not going to applaud for replacing a device which was already broken during shipment, sorry :/. This means just that they are following local laws ;).

edit: No, I can keep the CU (which leaks air) but with all the sealing rings etc @hassan .
hahaha....English is my native tongue and I still screw it up all of the time. So, this device was a replacement for the original that was busted up during shipment? And then it failed. That is a drag but I feel confident that S&B will make you right and you will love your Mighty.

Cheers

So, maybe I don't have the newly redesigned Mighty but mine could be a 2015 model. I didn't realize that S&B just made these changes, and I don't think Vapefiend was lying about what they told me. I just thought that these newly redesigned units had been out before I bought mine.
The new design Mighty was probably already out, S&B just gave you the old model, instead of the new. They have to rid left over inventory.

edit: No, I can keep the CU (which leaks air) but . . ." .

How do you know the CU leaks air?

I just received my brand new mighty :).
I did not know yet that they improved the vibration feedback which is not so strong anymore but more smooth and silent, just like a smartphone.

I don't like the new design of their package though. The all blue one was very special and nice to look at, this white one seems just regular. But what really matters is on the inside ;).

Yeah, I'll second that. I thought my Mighty had malfunctioned, so I turn to the pipe (until replacement arrive). My first draw was like licking an ashtray-disgusting! I had taken Might's relatively clean vape for granted. Never again!

Last edited by a moderator:
Brotherbuz,

pallfy

I was about the send my mighty in for a loose ac connector, but I see now the charger cable has a tear in it. I will need to buy a new charger and close that rma with s&b too. I never bothered investigating further when I found it wasnt charging right, I just thought straight to do an RMA. Atleast I didnt send it in yet. :shrug:

pallfy,
[QUOTE="valleysquirrel, post: 802049, member: Don't you guys ever worry that by the end of the warranty the mighty will still have you needing to send it in all the time?[/QUOTE]

This thing is so good that most of us don't worry about warranties. We think about good health, clean draws and a product that delivers 90% of the time!

Last edited:
Brotherbuz,

Stevies

@Jack_72 that is impressive feat of endurance.. filling a handful in the each morning feels daunting enough

I find scraping them clean to be the biggest hassle..

Filling them i just scoop it straight out of the grinder. I used to be =( cuz I scrap metal on metal when I scoop out of my grinder but whatever it saves time which is =)

I don't like Mighty for waterpipe.. prefer my pax maybe cuz its straight conduction and lets me draw the shit out of it.

Stevies,

lvb

I am grateful to have found this thread and site for several reasons. I found you after searching "massive cough fits and vaping". I read through the thread on that subject and felt so good, everyone is so kind with communication. Especially with sarcasm, it's so beautiful! Judging from the communication and the measurement system, this in not a site dominated by americans. Wow, I feel like I have found my people! yay! OK! So, I just took my last bong hit, and I got my Mighty out of storage (coughing issue). And am re-starting! I have the Mighty due to several problems with the Crafty. SB is such a wonderful company, I think they sent me 3 or 4 units within a day before telling me that I could try another product if I wanted. I chose the Mighty and have had no problems other than the common ones that seem to be answered here. I just wanted to say hi.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I am grateful to have found this thread and site for several reasons. I found you after searching "massive cough fits and vaping". I read through the thread on that subject and felt so good, everyone is so kind with communication. Especially with sarcasm, it's so beautiful! Judging from the communication and the measurement system, this in not a site dominated by americans. Wow, I feel like I have found my people! yay! OK! So, I just took my last bong hit, and I got my Mighty out of storage (coughing issue). And am re-starting! I have the Mighty due to several problems with the Crafty. SB is such a wonderful company, I think they sent me 3 or 4 units within a day before telling me that I could try another product if I wanted. I chose the Mighty and have had no problems other than the common ones that seem to be answered here. I just wanted to say hi.
Welcome! even from us 'americans'. We thank our wonderful mods and good set of forum rules for the civil nature of this whole place. You're right it is a wonderful and special thing and actually is a world community. Happy combustion fucking!

supremedepoulet

I have the same « problem » with my mighty, it's making me cough like hell. Now, i start my session @160° C and after a period of adaptation it’s better.

supremedepoulet,
Reactions: lvb

lvb

Welcome! even from us 'americans'. We thank our wonderful mods and good set of forum rules for the civil nature of this whole place. You're right it is a wonderful and special thing and actually is a world community. Happy combustion fucking!
Thank you! I'm american too! just that it is sooooooooo obvious that this site is not dominated by the likes of "us", I was just trying to be silly - lol.

snoopyfan

had to stop using my original CU, a little over a month old because the capsules were getting some sticky on it from the CU, went to the backup CU i ordered, just trying to figure out the best way to clean it and get all the good stuff out first. found a micro silicone spatula on amazon, might order it.

ktmstick

had to stop using my original CU, a little over a month old because the capsules were getting some sticky on it from the CU, went to the backup CU i ordered, just trying to figure out the best way to clean it and get all the good stuff out first. found a micro silicone spatula on amazon, might order it.

Disassemble and put in a glass jar of iso, and put the jar in a bowl of really hot water - away from direct heat source - i boil a pan of water and then take it through to my vape room. 15 mins in the warm iso with a few shakes then rinse with dish soap then rinse with water. Like new!

I have 4 mighty cu, 2 crafty cu, 2 grasshopper mouth pieces and whole load of capsules I can clean the lot in under half an hour.

phried

Current Mighty and Solo/Air II owners, will I be disappointed if I purchase an Air II? Or is it a worthy addition to my collection? I already have a ton of 18650 batteries I would like to utilize, and due to the recent demise of my Mighty (3 months until warranty expires!) and with my Crafty still not back from S&B, I have been considering getting a removable battery device such as the Air II and the upcoming Boundless Tera. Usage would be for constant microdosing at home, and as a backup unit to my S&B portables. I've been itching to get an Air II for some time now, but I'm still not quite sure since my Mighty/Plenty/EQ4+DDM are keeping me satisfied. I could always go with another Mighty, but the thought doesn't excite me. And you know, VAS.

Last edited:
phried,
Top Bottom