The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

passenger

is this thing on?
Could the capsules be used to make the mighty a proper “on demand” vaporizer?
I think about filling a capsule, heat the device up, three puffs, then popping out the capsule (for a later use) while it’s still hot to avoid the prolonged cooking. Anything wrong with the idea?

passenger,

Jack_72

I think about filling a capsule, heat the device up, three puffs, then popping out the capsule (for a later use) while it’s still hot to avoid the prolonged cooking. Anything wrong with the idea?
No, nothing wrong but the capsule of course is super hot while putting it out.
And you dont have much flavour anymore after your first round.

kuzko

Thanks for the tips guys! I tried it out last night with friends and family and it was a hit. I’m more of a convection person but the Mighty really surprised me. I actually ended up stepping down the temp to 333 I was getting such thick vapor on the low preset. I stepped it up a bit at the end of each session. The Mighty is a beast.

Jack_72

Oh man end of December but I couldn't hold myself anymore and just bought the 40 capsules at once filling set for 50 bucks... I really hope I am able with this set to put more herbs in it like S&B does in their promo video though (just .15g) :/.

But cleaning and filling my 8 capsules every couple of days is so annoying! Because of that I already ended up using my last mighty without any capsule anymore ... I will just rely on S&Bs design capabilities for now.

Slagzord

Don't fuckle with shuckle
I'm with you on that @Jack_72 ! The thing looks great, and I really like all the little extras that come with it. I'd love to see it in comparison to the Delta3D capsule filling tray...

Slagzord,
Reactions: Jack_72

blackstone

I was already considering the grinder, another magazine and 40 caps. It's not much more for that kit with a scale so i might go for it in the new year.

It's nice to see an increase in activity on the S&B Youtube channel in the last few months.
And to see a 'Watch Video' tab on new additions like the filler kit.

They won’t sell me the plunger separately :(

Hate those geographical exclusions!
Did they sound like they were aware of availability in EU and an exclusion in their zone?
It could be a matter of time.

I tried what you mentioned but the short gap between each puff is probably enough to cook some of that life and taste out for the later uses.

As an experiment to maximize the concept using a capsule, I turned the Mighty upside down and twisted it open to lift the heater part away.

You should have an upside down CU in one hand with the capsule lightly seated in the CU inlet, and the heater in your other hand.
I put the temperature up full and I dropped the heater on, held it there without twisting it shut, and I "heat soaked" for 2 or 3 seconds just to be sure.
Before you're finished the draw you can lift the heater away to cool the load with some air at the end.
Presto you're only really heating the load while drawing.

Just be careful with the hot capsule and familiarize yourself with holding the CU upside down and lifting the heater away without knocking the capsule onto your bare skin!

You could also try putting enough material for 3 puffs in each capsule and using like normal, maybe raising your start temp.
If you want to hold the small loads steady inside there are ways for that.
Enjoy!

Thanks for the tips guys! I tried it out last night with friends and family and it was a hit. I’m more of a convection person but the Mighty really surprised me. I actually ended up stepping down the temp to 333 I was getting such thick vapor on the low preset. I stepped it up a bit at the end of each session. The Mighty is a beast.
I was already considering the grinder, another magazine and 40 caps. It's not much more for that kit with a scale so i might go for it in the new year.

It's nice to see an increase in activity on the S&B Youtube channel in the last few months.

Did they sound like they were aware of availability in EU and an exclusion in their zone?

I tried what you mentioned but the short gap between each puff is probably enough to cook some of that life and taste out for the later uses.

As an experiment to maximize the concept using a capsule, I turned the Mighty upside down and twisted it open to lift the heater part away.

You should have an upside down CU in one hand with the capsule lightly seated in the CU inlet, and the heater in your other hand.
I put the temperature up full and I dropped the heater on, held it there without twisting it shut, and I "heat soaked" for 2 or 3 seconds just to be sure.
Before you're finished the draw you can lift the heater away to cool the load with some air at the end.

Just be careful with the hot capsule and familiarize yourself with holding the CU upside down and lifting the heater away without knocking the capsule onto your bare skin!

You could also try putting enough material for 3 puffs in each capsule and using like normal, maybe raising your start temp.
Enjoy!

Enjoy!
It is a fucking beast yes...

It is a fucking beast yes...

Do you still think it's a beast after cleaning it 3 times within a 4gram usage?

Last edited by a moderator:
Brotherbuz,

Pimpslapper

I haven't had to clean my crafty ince yet after twenty capsules.not sure why you would have to clean tbe mighty so often

Pimpslapper,

blackstone

i'm also wondering is it taste or airflow they're trying to improve.
Or just that sticky ring on the top of the capsule?

I clean it every week or two and enjoy it immensely on some cotton in a Volcano, so yes, still a beast!

Is there a portable vape that has overcome this "cleaning problem" and still remains tolerable at full temperature? And which would be more deserving of the beast title?

blackstone,
Reactions: vapen00b

Jack_72

I dunno, so far I’ve run 5 bowls through it and it seems fine. I’ll let you guys know when I feel the need to clean it.
Usually you notice when the straw of the CU doesn't move properly anymore or when it becomes sticky.
To me this is the exact right moment to clean my mighty.
The capsules already need to be cleaned after 2 - 3 times of usage which really annoys me as I am using 2 capsules daily (in the evening). This is the reason why I bought the 40 capsules along with the filling set.

Jack_72,

hassan

Connoisseur
I have yet to clean the cooling unit or the Mighty as a whole.

Not sure if it's necessary given the different schools of thought, but I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how best to go about it?

Thanks!

hassan,
After using my Might for about 14 months (several times a day) it quit. Right before it malfunctioned, I noticed the following:
  • turning off and on at random
  • not heating up pass 280 F
  • and finally, not heating at all-a blinking battery symbol.

I was so desperate, I turn to a glass pipe. It taste and smelled like an ashtray-disgusting!!
At this point, I would happily buy another Mighty.

Brotherbuz,

hassan

Connoisseur
After using my Might for about 14 months (several times a day) it quit. Right before it malfunctioned, I noticed the following:

I was so desperate, I turn to a glass pipe. It taste and smelled like an ashtray-disgusting!!

It has a two year warranty?

blackstone

I have yet to clean the cooling unit or the Mighty as a whole.........
..........I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions as to how best to go about it?

Thanks!

Here is @vapviking s method he posted 2 weeks ago, sounds good! :

ISO alcohol for cleaning is no problem, with the only exception being the 'hologram' label might come unglued if soaked for, like, hours.
For cleaning, use 99% iso. Separate the two halves of the cooling unit by sliding locking tab to unlock, then pushing down on the center post (if they seem 'glued' together by resin, let them warm up on a warm Mighty and try again). Put them in a baggie with enough iso to cover them. Suspend the baggie in a glass or bowl of very hot tap water for 10 to 20 minutes, occasionally pulling the baggie out to give a little shake. Pull the pieces out (I use forceps to keep hands clean) and give them a thorough rinse with cool water then let them dry. Re-assemble, being careful that the little blue o-ring that surrounds the lock post is all the way down, so it doesn't get pinched when you slide the lock over the post.
Prior to the cleaning, some folks like to scrape out the available re-claim, for a variety of creative uses.

You could also use a bowl and a brush instead like in the manual, or a jar or two.
I've always thought about trying it in a regular dishwasher, should be great.

Another way to clean it without iso is to warm the parts well (I use a Volcano hot air stream) and just poke some clean cotton pads around with a wood skewer or dowel.
I freshen it all up with an iso wipe at the end and sometimes follow with dish soap and warm water, but some might prefer to skip the iso wipe and/or soap.
I'm approaching two years using only one cooling unit, original O-rings, no broken CU parts yet!

Enjoy your Mighty this holiday, and have at least one full capsule! I'm having one pretty soon.:whoa::zzz:

tdriver

these symptoms look like a bad battery...... have you tried with the charger connected ?

tdriver,

kuzko

Usually you notice when the straw of the CU doesn't move properly anymore or when it becomes sticky.
To me this is the exact right moment to clean my mighty.
The capsules already need to be cleaned after 2 - 3 times of usage which really annoys me as I am using 2 capsules daily (in the evening). This is the reason why I bought the 40 capsules along with the filling set.
Ah, I see. I don’t use the capsules so I don’t have that problem at the moment.

kuzko,
Reactions: Jack_72

Kiliam

Hi all
I want to buy the mighty. After reading a lot of this topic and watching a lot of reviews i am settled on the mighty. I already ha a vulcano for some years now but i barely used it, but i am smoking for more than half my life now and i should stop!.
I was wondering if any of you know any coupon codes for storz bickle site. I want to receive the latest one so i want to avoid buying from other stores.
I also need a vape for my wife for very light use when she is not with me. Any suggestion?
Thank you

Kiliam,
Reactions: Receptor
Top Bottom