The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Bomb33

Lol I use the screen still. The resin you are talking about on the caps comes from moisture. This is my stoner assumption. Like if you have damp bud for instance or if you leave the cap in after turning it off. So you are right in a way with taking out the screen but the capsule lid itself creates moisture as well. Why not try capsules without lids lmao. And someone also suggested half packed creates a sticky cap as well. I find you are all right. Just have to take them out asap and I use my sleeve or shorts lol. I got rings on my work shorts from the cu. I find the gunk gets in around the edge of the screen so by using my shorts or paper towel if you have. Right after you use so it's hot. You will find there is a residue. As my shorts have dozens of oil rings lol. But I think that residue is what we are all seeing on top the caps.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Lol I use the screen still. The resin you are talking about on the caps comes from moisture. This is my stoner assumption. Like if you have damp bud for instance or if you leave the cap in after turning it off. So you are right in a way with taking out the screen but the capsule lid itself creates moisture as well. Why not try capsules without lids lmao. And someone also suggested half packed creates a sticky cap as well. I find you are all right. Just have to take them out asap and I use my sleeve or shorts lol. I got rings on my work shorts from the cu. I find the gunk gets in around the edge of the screen so by using my shorts or paper towel if you have. Right after you use so it's hot. You will find there is a residue. As my shorts have dozens of oil rings lol. But I think that residue is what we are all seeing on top the caps.
Interesting discussion about cleanliness of caps.
My stoner thinking believes that moisture, if water, is evaporated off within the first couple of hits, given the temperatures involved. So "moisture" in the form of condensed resin is what is the topic here. Okay, sticky flower, then maybe stickier residue left behind. I tend to think that, if one is using very high temps and no cooling unit, like with a muzzmod or @Ratchett v3 gizmo, then there should be less residue buildup on the caps than when a c/u is used. (My most unpleasant thoughts are of all the condensate inside the human user, but that's another story...)
Some of this deep knowledge comes from watching "Moonshiners" religiously! They use huge 'cooling units' and 'water tools'. Ha!

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
I'll try to keep this short.

Several hours after making this video two days ago...

...I had just picked up a prescription from a nearby pharmacy. As I was about to enter the apartment complex across the street from the grocery store, which I use as a shortcut home, with my earbuds (music) distracting me from the world, I saw a grape-juice-colored car roll up and stop, out of the corner of my eye. Since I've never seen another car this color, I instantly knew it was my dude (who moved into one of those apartments a few weeks ago, from his parents' house).

Having never been to his place, I followed him around to his garage, which I think is directly below his second-floor apartment. (Don't know for sure, as my chair doesn't do stairs.) After some chit chat, he went up to piss while I waited in (or just outside) his open garage.

With no warning came a gust of wind. It blew the prescription bag containing a month's supply of two forms of a controlled substance (Adderall) off my lap. I chased the prescription bag about 10', then cornered it near my feet.

I bent forward to pick up the prescription bag at my feet. As I leaned forward the chair started moving, as my shirt or vest had nipped the control joystick, which I forgot to turn off before bending down.

This might have been a little scary had I not been leaning forward when I accidentally nudged the joystick. However, I was leaning forward. Consequently, what might have been a mildly scary moment instantly became terrifying; I guess because there was an 8" curb five feet in front of me, which I must have already known stood a good chance at smashing my leg if I was pinned between it and my 400 lb chair.

The quick acceleration (then deceleration) of my chair threw me off into the grass, with my right lower leg caught under the chair.

At this point I'm freaking. Since my dude is still in the bathroom, I'm yelling for help. Someone walking through the apartment complex heard me and ran over to help. As he was able to manually move my chair a little bit to free my leg, I began to realize I may be OK.

I pulled out a bloody foot. It hurt, but it seemed I may have come out of this relatively unharmed.

Still kind of in shock, I power on my Mighty, to share with my dude. We passed it back and forth for five minutes or so before I realized I probably oughta head up to the hospital under construction, where there has been an emergency room for several years; at least so I can be confident my foot is properly cleaned, but also because there was a good possibility I had a serious injury that I just couldn't detect.

Turns out I broke my right big toe. Also, there was a considerable amount of thick skin peeling off my toes. They super glued this skin back into place.

This accident wouldn't have happened if I had opioid pain relief. This accident wouldn't have happened if I didn't have to resort to taking gabapentin poison instead of oxycodone. Gabapentin makes you stupid. And complacent. And weak. Which is exactly why my accident two nights ago could have easily been the beginning of the end. Still may be, but hopefully not.

Last edited:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Hey, it's my 500th post! (my apologies to readers)

My favorite vape accessories are the S&B capsules. Summer of 2016 I started talking with @Ratchett about a capsule filling tray. He needed to outsource the manufacturing task due to materials used. It's available for sale now. Any capsule enthusiast would enjoy filling 8 capsules at a time. Morning sounds like a good time to me. Pro re nata.

Uniform filling. Fast. Easy. Neat. Fun!

https://delta3dstudios.com/storz-bickel-dosing-capsule-loading-tray/

But, @Ratchett , you didn't use my name for the tray: the Doser Dozer :cry:

@WakeAndVape : Tell him you'll make one of your fantastic videos of the tray in use, and maybe he will send you a freebie? How about it, @Ratchett , wouldn't it be nice to see it in action, especially with the droll commentary?!

And, Mighty capsule users, get rid of the CU screen. No more sticky capsules with no screen.
I owe @Ratchett some reviews I'm just now getting around to...that loading tray does look like the shit, I remember the brainstorming here on the concept.

I have actually found the charger for my mighty and used it yesterday for the first time in months...still good.

expect something soonish.

Montell

I am curious how tight i should pack the mighty? By tight i dont mean where it effect airflow by the screen because I typically use the flat end of that orange poker at the bottom of the mighty to push it down, but i am curious if it stuff it in and push it down hard and tight is their any drawbacks, is that a mistake?

Vitolo

Vaporist
I am curious how tight i should pack the mighty? By tight i dont mean where it effect airflow by the screen because I typically use the flat end of that orange poker at the bottom of the mighty to push it down, but i am curious if it stuff it in and push it down hard and tight is their any drawbacks, is that a mistake?
Convection vaporization depends on hot air being able to flow freely between particles of herbal material.
Don't push it down hard.
Leave room for convection to take place.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

@Vaporcussion , sorry, I wasn't specific enough while extolling the virtues of capsules with no CU screen. Had been into @Bomb33 's habit of swabbing CU inlet area after every session when still hot. I use Fran Wilson Nail Tees -- the pointy end cleans that resin collecting indented ring where the screen sits. When I tried @shredder 's idea of removing the CU screen, the swabbing was SO much easier and effective. Been going for weeks without any sticky capsule lids. Nice trying something different with a vape without really altering anything. Quite reversible if not pleased.

I agree with Vito about not packing too tightly. But I hope readers don't misinterpret that as meaning a partial load. Bad idea IME. Capsules should be filled. Filled, lightly tamped, not packed.

Wish someone would come up with some kind of tray for filling these capsules to the brim easily and consistently, without finger packing and/or grinder dumpster diving.

Vaporcussion

@Vaporcussion , sorry, I wasn't specific enough while extolling the virtues of capsules with no CU screen. Had been into @Bomb33 's habit of swabbing CU inlet area after every session when still hot. I use Fran Wilson Nail Tees -- the pointy end cleans that resin collecting indented ring where the screen sits. When I tried @shredder 's idea of removing the CU screen, the swabbing was SO much easier and effective.

You're right, I was swiping when I still used the screen, then took it out and stopped swiping altogether. I'll get back to that! Thanks

Playa Vaper

Hey guys, I recently purchased the mighty which is my 2nd or should I say my 1st vape really.
However, the other day I noticed on the filler aid that there were 2 curved lined grooves underneath.
Can any one shed some light on what that is for or what part it's meant to play?

Thanks in advance.

Universal love

Playa Vaper,

matthend

Hey guys, I recently purchased the mighty which is my 2nd or should I say my 1st vape really.
However, the other day I noticed on the filler aid that there were 2 curved lined grooves underneath.
Can any one shed some light on what that is for or what part it's meant to play?

Thanks in advance.

Universal love

Are you referring to the tabs that allow it to twist onto the Mighty in place of the CU? There are those and the ones below that are what connect it to the bottom of the filling tool.

Playa Vaper

Are you referring to the tabs that allow it to twist onto the Mighty in place of the CU? There are those and the ones below that are what connect it to the bottom of the filling tool.

Thank you for getting back on this one matthend. ;)

Though this is what I'm actually referring to please see image in profile picture.

Many thanks.
:)

Playa Vaper,

MGG

Woah check out this claim on the mighty mouthpiece!

6b71534ace.jpg

biohacker

Not sure if you've seen my recent posts in the Crafty thread, but S&B has improved the battery power on the Crafty by 20%. This is only out of Germany, and has not yet landed in America. There is the potential that they'll use these batteries in the newer Mighty's as well, which would make battery life incredible. Just some hype to consider for down the road, nothing concrete, but I don't think that there will be a Mighty 2.0 anytime soon, just improvements. My brand new Mighty lands next week, and i'm looking forward to using it exclusively with the capsules, which I did not fall in love with on my first go around with them last year, but I don't think I was loading enough in them.

ChooChooCharlie

@Playa Vaper - Your pic shows the two opposing arcs on the bottom orange piece of the filling aid. As @matthend said, they are the way the filling aid fits together.

The two opposing black arcs on the top of the Mighty were copied -- this way the filling aid can "screw" onto either the Mighty for filling, or it can "screw" on to the orange bottom piece for storage.

Playa Vaper

@Playa Vaper - Your pic shows the two opposing arcs on the bottom orange piece of the filling aid. As @matthend said, they are the way the filling aid fits together.

The two opposing black arcs on the top of the Mighty were copied -- this way the filling aid can "screw" onto either the Mighty for filling, or it can "screw" on to the orange bottom piece for storage.
Thank you choochoo.
Much appreciated.
I'm now trying to concentrate and focus, if you get my meaning, but it's hard as I'm in the UK and new to this. Any ideas?

Thanks again.

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
My first Mighty is two years old today. I guess it's officially out of warranty.

It hasn't given me a moment's trouble.....it has performed flawlessly under heavy use. If it died tomorrow, I'd have gotten my money's worth out of it.

Not that I'd be happy about it....:p

biohacker

My first Mighty is two years old today. I guess it's officially out of warranty.

That depends, did you buy it with a credit card? Many have "extended warranty protection" for an additional year. A bit of paperwork and time, but also extends the Mighty to 3 years!

biohacker,
Reactions: Teedub

Baron23

Yep. Probably do have that given I used AmEx. Still thinking it won't be necessary. :)
I too am very happy with my Mighty. Rock solid performer so far. I have not used a portable yet, including some of the new ones, that I prefer to the Mighty (with the exception that I view the Mighty as an in-home portable vs pocketable for travel....its kind of big)

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
I too am very happy with my Mighty. Rock solid performer so far. I have not used a portable yet, including some of the new ones, that I prefer to the Mighty (with the exception that I view the Mighty as an in-home portable vs pocketable for travel....its kind of big)
My wife asked me why I default to using the Mighty so much....my only answer was "um....because it's so damned easy!" :lol:

Baron23

@mitchgo61 - it is easy. No technique, very good build quality IMO, versatile (especially with the dosing capsules and liquid pads), and it just generate vapor without having to give it much thought at all.

My only real desires for it is; 1) faster heat up time (< 30 seconds) and; 2) higher max temp (be nice if they could get it above 420 F or so for concentrate sandwiches but it does seem to work well at 410)

Top Bottom