The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Care to explain why? I've fallen for the Mighty pretty hard, and just can't see any portable killing it for me, save for maybe the GH, but probably not. The Mighty is just one awesome portable desktop. I can't believe how much I love this vape!

So why do you think the Zion could be a Mighty killer? I tuned out of that thread as soon as I learned that you can combust. Just another worry that I don't need, and a non-issue with the Mighty!
Better build quality, bigger clouds, swappable batteries, user input, most that have the Zion praise it above all else, low failure rate and the ability to get Temps high enough to do concentrates for starters...

The size is the onlyear downside...but fuck it, performance is key, plus the single battery model looks promising

Mighty killer may be a bit strong until I try it, I'm almost sure it will be on par and it overcomes most of the mightys shortcomings.

GH looks good, but until they wrangle the failure rate, I'll wait.

If I had to buy a vape right now it would be the mighty, but keep your eyes peeled.

The main missed attribute will be the cu

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: biohacker

mas300

I have a mighty and firefly too. Since getting the mighty, the firefly has sat in the closet.completely unused. The mighty is so much easier to use and more consistent.

esoh

Wow, sent in my unit that had major cracked housing and they sent me a $50 estimate for parts and services...

Had no idea they charged for this but I guess I have to pay the piper now...

subway13029

Was the cracked housing the only issue??i still would write back and say this was the 1st version without the upgraded housing and you feel it should be covered under your warranty..

subway13029,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Wow, sent in my unit that had major cracked housing and they sent me a $50 estimate for parts and services...

Had no idea they charged for this but I guess I have to pay the piper now...
Sorry to hear this! Was yours an early version, or one with the reinforced housing? I also believe early version would be warrantied.

Take heart, you may get back more than you're expecting! Repairs are rarely reported here, mostly replacements...

I'm interested in hearing how your situation works out. Also would like to hear from any other folk's who may have had a true 'repair'.

Sounds like you're dealing with S&B America, correct? I've found them to be reasonable. Ask nicely, "wtf?"

Good luck!

vapviking,

esoh

it was a newer 17xxx version

the cracks were pretty major, and i also made the mistake of forgetting to send them the side panel which had completely came off. im going to call them now and ask if i can mail them that panel maybe they'll waive the estimate. wish me luck!

update on my dealing with S&B america, they say due to heavy use (200+ hours) they wont cover the wear and tear under warranty. tbh im not too upset since if i showed you guys an image of what the mighty looked like when i sent it in you might be laughing at how messed up it was. but at the same time though i get the overall sense that they will discriminate against high usage users and will be more likely to ignore the warranty if you put massive hours onto your device like i did.

also, i made the mistake of sending it in too late, after the side panel had completely came off (by dropping it) rather than sending it in earlier when the side panel was kind of disattached and wobbly already. i get the sense that if i sent it in in just a bit better overall shape they would have done the service for free.

Last edited:

shaolinmilk

Better build quality, bigger clouds, swappable batteries, user input, most that have the Zion praise it above all else, low failure rate and the ability to get Temps high enough to do concentrates for starters...

The size is the onlyear downside...but fuck it, performance is key, plus the single battery model looks promising

Mighty killer may be a bit strong until I try it, I'm almost sure it will be on par and it overcomes most of the mightys shortcomings.

GH looks good, but until they wrangle the failure rate, I'll wait.

If I had to buy a vape right now it would be the mighty, but keep your eyes peeled.

The main missed attribute will be the cu
It'll be interesting to see how the Zion stacks up against the Mighty. The Mighty is still number one in my books even after purchasing an EVO. It's definitely a step behind the EVO in most major categories, however considering it's a portable, it's that much more amazing. I read a lot of good stuff about the Zion and quite a few members who have both the Zion and Mighty prefer the Zion, however I'm not sure if it's just bias in the thread or a new toy that they're in love with.

chemicalx

chemicalx
Just got my Mighty today. So glad I did. It is all I'd hoped and more. Been loving this forum for all the tips and tricks. I feel confident I can keep it in good working order as long as the manufacturers did their job.

So the extra Wear and Tear kit and car charger I bought fell out when I pulled the Mighty box out of the packing box and I was too excited to notice. Shot off an email to the Oakland office regarding the missing parts. Found my mistake pretty quickly and wrote a follow-up email. Hit send on the "Disregard" email. Inbox refreshes with a new email from Storz & Bickel with a tracking number for the missing parts. Oops.

justcametomind

If it was intentional why would they make it more unstable by giving it the ability to stand on the stir pin, regardless of its orientation?
If he's right, they designed the Mighty like that in order to make you uncomfortable keeping it upright.
The Mighty is tall&narrow, a fall could be bad => S&B design it so it's not easy to the user to keep it in a wrong position.

It'll be interesting to see how the Zion stacks up against the Mighty. The Mighty is still number one in my books even after purchasing an EVO. It's definitely a step behind the EVO in most major categories, however considering it's a portable, it's that much more amazing. I read a lot of good stuff about the Zion and quite a few members who have both the Zion and Mighty prefer the Zion, however I'm not sure if it's just bias in the thread or a new toy that they're in love with.
Even the Crafty is better. I agree with you. The evo is a nice toy but there are many better and less expensive choices. Or minivap on the same price range, with added portability.
I'd have better spent that money on a Herbalaire or Volcano! Or both!

Last edited by a moderator:
justcametomind,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Just got my Mighty today. So glad I did. It is all I'd hoped and more. Been loving this forum for all the tips and tricks. I feel confident I can keep it in good working order as long as the manufacturers did their job.

So the extra Wear and Tear kit and car charger I bought fell out when I pulled the Mighty box out of the packing box and I was too excited to notice. Shot off an email to the Oakland office regarding the missing parts. Found my mistake pretty quickly and wrote a follow-up email. Hit send on the "Disregard" email. Inbox refreshes with a new email from Storz & Bickel with a tracking number for the missing parts. Oops.

I think dealing with stoner mistakes is built into the purchase price!
Welcome.
Enjoy.

it was a newer 17xxx version

the cracks were pretty major, and i also made the mistake of forgetting to send them the side panel which had completely came off. im going to call them now and ask if i can mail them that panel maybe they'll waive the estimate. wish me luck!

update on my dealing with S&B america, they say due to heavy use (200+ hours) they wont cover the wear and tear under warranty. tbh im not too upset since if i showed you guys an image of what the mighty looked like when i sent it in you might be laughing at how messed up it was. but at the same time though i get the overall sense that they will discriminate against high usage users and will be more likely to ignore the warranty if you put massive hours onto your device like i did.

also, i made the mistake of sending it in too late, after the side panel had completely came off (by dropping it) rather than sending it in earlier when the side panel was kind of disattached and wobbly already. i get the sense that if i sent it in in just a bit better overall shape they would have done the service for free.

So, they apparently do have some tracker for hours of use built in to the Mighty.
200+ is an impressive number, Bravo !?!?

If it's a housing you need, why would they bring up the number of overall hours of use? That seems to disregard the two year term of the warranty UNLESS the nebulous policy they're quoting you is mainly directed at battery use hours.

I still think you should stay optimistic about exactly what may come back to you for the fifty bucks!
Let us know...

EDIT; Just remembered the note some folks have gotten when Mighty comes back from the hospital. Says this is really your original piece, but with a new serial number???? No box full of accessories, etc., though the piece itself seems to actually be a new one...

Last edited:
vapviking,
Reactions: chemicalx

esoh

So, they apparently do have some tracker for hours of use built in to the Mighty.
200+ is an impressive number, Bravo !?!?

If it's a housing you need, why would they bring up the number of overall hours of use? That seems to disregard the two year term of the warranty UNLESS the nebulous policy they're quoting you is mainly directed at battery use hours.

I still think you should stay optimistic about exactly what may come back to you for the fifty bucks!
Let us know...

EDIT; Just remembered the note some folks have gotten when Mighty comes back from the hospital. Says this is really your original piece, but with a new serial number???? No box full of accessories, etc., though the piece itself seems to actually be a new one...

i definitely feel discriminated against, if i submitted the unit with the same damages but only 30 hours used i get the feeling they would honor the warranty and repair the housing for free.

BUT i am still definitely keeping my fingers crossed that they just slip me a brand new unit/batteries, that would make me very happy.

esoh,

Slow Draw McGraw

Company Rep
Well fellow Mighty family, I am retiring my Mighty from travel. It will only be used at home. It did the infamous 'won't turn on until plugged in with the power adapter' to be 'rebooted.' I assure you its charged fully, but not sure why this keeps happening. As soon as I plug it in and then unplug it, operates fine. Today I took it with me only to be stuck with no Vape. Don't want to send it in because the new ones(from stories here) don't run as hot.

skyvaper

Don't want to send it in because the new ones(from stories here) don't run as hot.

Ive had both versions and from my experience the only change is how it gets up temp and then maintains it. The older version would "struggle" to maintain my set temp after three bars were depleted. I dont miss waiting on my mighty to get back to temp at all. If there is a slight battery sacrifice which I have not even noticed on my unit then I feel its worth it. FWIW when my temp is set to max it will consistently go to 413°f or 414°f. My old mighty maxed out at 412°f. I consider the newer mighty "hotter." :2c:

biohacker

Okay, now to answer your actual question.

I think you misconstrued my question ;)

I was curious what the muzzmod through water was like VS. SonG w/CU through water. My assumption would be that the muzzmod is much harsher due to lack of CU. But i'm still curious until I get my muzzmod made.

I saw you sold your Crafty...is the Crafty seriously that underpowered compared to the Mighty? If it's just the battery life, well that's one thing (about 45 mins, correct?), but if it actually doesn't produce as fully as the Mighty then that would be an absolute no bueno for me, because if I'm spending over 300 on a portable, it's gunna be one of the best and I wouldn't wanna settle for a step under, if that make sense.

It's not like that, it's not seriously "underpowered" compared to the Crafty, it just doesn't hold its temp as well, and heats up way slower. For my needs, that single battery, short battery life and long charge time make it a no bueno for me, especially considering the price. Now, if I absolutely required a stealthy portable, I perhaps would be willing to accept these shortcomings. However, at this point (it's not summer here) I don't really have that stealthy need, and with a GH a week away from my hands, my desire to own a Crafty at this point is non-existent. I'm giving the GH one solid try, and if it breaks down again i'll RMA it, sell it on eBay, and then possibly MAYBE reconsider the Crafty (again).

If the Mighty dropped to the 275s range or so I would pick it up instantly, especially if the size was a tad bit smaller....how's the Mighty in the pocket? Pretty large and obvious? I have an AAir, so that's a huge step up, haha. Is anyone allowed to disclose of any discount deals they may have gotten through puffitup or another friendly vapor seller? Just curious as to what I may be able to get this bad boy for.

Used to have an Arizer Air, and happy I don't anymore. No comparison, you'd be better off with the Crafty IMO, and PM puffitup and you will be happy that you did!

If he's right, they designed the Mighty like that in order to make you uncomfortable keeping it upright.
The Mighty is tall&narrow, a fall could be bad => S&B design it so it's not easy to the user to keep it in a wrong position.

I just don't understand how it's really that much bigger, if it had the same base as the Crafty, it would be just as solid. It's what a couple of inches taller? I don't think the damage would be that much more significant compared to the Crafty falling over, but whatever.... who cares in the end, obviously I don't care as much as I thought since I haven't contacted the company and ask myself.

Even the Crafty is better. I agree with you. The evo is a nice toy but there are many better and less expensive choices. Or minivap on the same price range, with added portability.
I'd have better spent that money on a Herbalaire or Volcano! Or both!

Forsure, don't regret selling my Clouds and EVO, and after purchasing a Herbalaire Elite, I much prefer it over the EVO. It's a tough one between the hA and Mighty for me, I think I love both equally, just for different purposes. EVO is vastly overrated and overhyped IMHO.

Well fellow Mighty family, I am retiring my Mighty from travel. It will only be used at home. It did the infamous 'won't turn on until plugged in with the power adapter' to be 'rebooted.' I assure you its charged fully, but not sure why this keeps happening. As soon as I plug it in and then unplug it, operates fine. Today I took it with me only to be stuck with no Vape. Don't want to send it in because the new ones(from stories here) don't run as hot.

That's an odd phenomenon! Never read about that issue before, although one of my Mighty's did have an odd glitch one time that never happened again (had to do what you did)...hopefully it doesn't happen again! I have both an OG and brand new Mighty, and my experience definitely does not reflect the stories you've read here. It gets plenty hot.

Ive had both versions and from my experience the only change is how it gets up temp and then maintains it. The older version would "struggle" to maintain my set temp after three bars were depleted. I dont miss waiting on my mighty to get back to temp at all. If there is a slight battery sacrifice which I have not even noticed on my unit then I feel its worth it. FWIW when my temp is set to max it will consistently go to 413°f or 414°f. My old mighty maxed out at 412°f. I consider the newer mighty "hotter." :2c:

This is precisely my experience as well. Much prefer my new Mighty! The wife gets the old one due to the 1min shutoff timer because she always starts yapping and forgets to vape!

Not sure if this means anything to anyone regarding my love for the Mighty. I just received the Herbalizer, and although it's an awesome vape, it's just not for me and is on the chopping block. The Mighty on the other hand, is untouchable!

biohacker,

AJS

Calm Consistency
@biohacker
What a great response to everyone!
That's a good point on the crafty heatup time, temp holding, and battery life. Definitely enough to help me stray away (especially heatup/holding heat).
Surprised you still find it that much better compared to the Air. My air can't pummel me like a desktop can, but it's better than any form of combustion and I still blow huge clouds with it if I want. Maybe that's the changer though ... The medication level. It's odd ... Not sure how something can perform so well, get my herbs vaped perfectly and give me 15+ rips, yet you can tell your medicated state just isn't as high ...maybe that's why the favor goes to S&B. Idk why it would medicate me more tho ... Vapor purity due to consistent temperatures and heat transfer or somethin somethin? No clue.
Thanks for taking the time to respond to people, hope ur GH situation gets worked out so you have some new toys next to your double Mightys haha.

biohacker

Thanks for your kind words, it is appreciated. I just cannot stand the airflow of the AA, and the hot glass pieces and juggling a few of them on the go isn't my thing. Once you get your Mighty, i'm pretty sure your AA will go on the chopping block!

Looking forward to the GH, but I also have a MiniVAP and Goboof Alfa arriving next week! :rockon:

But at the moment, Mighty is filling any portability needs very, very well! Love ripping it through a bong in a one-snap-hit fashion! Mostly only use it around the house anyway..

AJS

Calm Consistency
Ah. The Airflow problem and the juggling of stems, that's normally what I hear. haha.
I think I've just spent enough time with it to make taking stems out and putting em in a breeze even in public. What really attracts me is the ability to pre-pack two stems which should hold me over for whatever I'm going out for.
Since you use your Mighty "around the house" mostly, and I use my Air almost exclusively outside or for public (walking around campus, nature trails, etc), I think that's why our vapes fill our niche pretty well. You obviously have one of the absolute strongest portables on the market, so being able to load in the privacy of your own home and vape there is perfect for you. I needed something easier to go out and about with, so pre-packing two stems is just too great for me.
There's no doubt the Mighty is a more powerful and more potent vape than the Air...but 'outside' being my only place I vape with a portable, I'm not sure Mighty is the best choice unfortunately to its size. We'll see tho! Hopefully I'll be able to hold one sometime so I can see and feel how it looks.
The MiniVap looks nuts...Haven't read much on the Alfa though.
So many toys you got your way! How can you even wait haha.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@AJS I have the air and like it alot.
It is my out the house vape at the moment because it's too cold for my vapman and torch.

I agree with you on its portability ...superb
And because its not in legal in my state...I like being able to pull the stem out and stow it leaving the base with no odor. Vs the mighty that fucking stinks ALOT!

The mighty gets you more medicated than the air imo because the way the mighty makes you draw...open airflow, you can pull as hard as you want... the heater has more holes and the cooling unit diffuses your hard pulls so that your not getting airy hits. It also seems like the vapor gets deeper into your lungs at higher volumes.

Having no desktop, portable versatility is a must.

The mighty does not travel the best, but it's okay.

@biohacker regarding your comment on the base of the mighty and it's stability...

I would like it to be flat but I think the crafty is a little sturdier than the mighty.

I say that because the mightys weakest point are those four plastic rods that hold the batteries to the heating unit...if they go...it's over. And they are not that hard to deteriorate.

The crafty is a bit lighter and the battery is connected to the heating unit ALOT BETTER.

makes me wonder why they chose to separate them on the mighty.

WakeAndVape,

biohacker

So many toys you got your way! How can you even wait haha.

I've been at this vape game for a decade now, so i've been through most vapes and back again, owning multiple EQ's, Solo's, Clouds, Plenty's and most of the higher end expensive ones. So just my experience, but i'm now down to only the hA elite X 2, Mighty X 2, and GH X 1 (wish it was X 2!)..... not sure if i'll be keeping the MV or Alfa, but definitely going to give them a test drive!

@WakeAndVape BEST explanation of why the Mighty doesn't stand like the Crafty! Thank you for that!

AJS

Calm Consistency
Hmmmm.
Might need to hold off on the Mighty until I get my own place and or a better job so i don't feel guilty about the purchase hahaha.

AJS,

biohacker

You'll never feel guilty about it bro! I've had the E-nano X 2, LSV X 2, Air X 3, and tried the GH for the short time it sort of worked --- and, I still say the Mighty kicks the shit out of all of them IMO!

If it wasn't for my hA Elite, the Mighty would be my desktop daily driver, and still is much of the time.

uhranium

So I send my mighty in but I did not receive any invoice. I got told I will get a mail when the unit is shipped but 8 days have gone so far. Very odd.

uhranium,

subway13029

I had same issue when I sent my mighty in..you will get shipping notice in day or so or you might just receive your mighty back..or replacement..in my experience it's good that you haven't heard anything cuz they are prolly just replacing and sending you new one otherwise you'll get email saying how much to fix it..in my experience..

Top Bottom