The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

spartangreen

How much is the fee to upgrade to a Mighty for you? I want to get rid of it because I used it side by side next to a Mighty and it pretty much couldn't even hang, in my personal opinion. The vapor production on the Mighty is not only superior in quantity of vapor produced per bowl, but also in the quality of vapor. I found that the bigger cooling unit on the Mighty makes a noticeable difference, as does the extra battery and more powerful 30W heater (even though it's only 3 watts stronger than the crafty).

biohacker

Like... not a Plenty instead of a Mighty since I already have a Mighty? It just seems stupid to get anything besides a Mighty since I have a Cloud EVO now too. Two Mightys and a Cloud EVO or a Mighty, a Plenty, and a EVO? Hmm....

Sold my Plenty X2 ! That bowl is too big for my needs.... the Mighty is superior IMO due to it's ability to get slightly hotter (210 vs the plenty 204 IIRC) bowl that it 1/2 the size of the plenty, cordless, cooling unit, more ergonomic, etc. So plenty X2 turned into mighty x2! Keep in mind I have two of each vape not only for backup purposes, but because my wife vapes too.

i was going to upgrade to mighty for a small fee but you getting rid of crafty has thrown me off

was it just because you still have the mighty or?

What's thrown you off? My experience mirrors the both of yours. It's just not for me. It's still an awesome vape, and the best portable out there IMO at the moment. My GH could come back DOA (again), or break in a couple of days or weeks and then i'm out a stealthy portable. The Crafty does fit that need very, very well, with the best vapour out there for a portable. Just some of it's cons greatly outweigh the pros for me.

My experience with the Mighty is the opposite.... best vape ever!

vapviking

Old & In the Way
@biohacker hey dude, I have had the Mighty since June and really love it. Nothing beats it, really. But I have to send it out now, and got a label, so I ordered a Crafty and received it just yesterday. I noticed after reading through these forums, you also have a Mighty and a Crafty. The crafty almost seems like a disappointment at first but I do understand the differences and I'm slowly beginning to appreciate them. However, I have the option to send it back and get it exchanged for something else, and the Mighty seems the only good option but wouldn't it be better to have a Mighty and Crafty than just a Mighty? Lol. Just something I'm going through and thought I'd ask for advice.

Would you send the crafty back and pay the difference for a Mighty or would you keep the Crafty? Have you grown to like it more as you've had more time with it? Any input is highly appreciated!
If I were gonna have two, it would be two Mighty's, and I've had both.
I think all the best reasons have been enumerated, here's yet another.
The final argument, that of battery longevity/cost, is won hands down by Mighty.
Bearing in mind that we have zero reports of anyone's Mighty or Crafty lasting 600 hours, while we do have reports of batteries needing replacement at least once at 135 hrs. (one of my Crafty's; I got a 'break' at $50, and the price has gone up), and
Using an arbitrary lifetime as example:
Crafty's one battery may last, say 150 hours. Replacement cost, $70 US and likely postage for non warranty service.
Mighty's two batteries would go for twice as long, or 300 hours and cost $90 US to replace, plus postage.

If your piece lasts 600 hours, Crafty's costs will be 600/80= 7.5 times replaced @ $70= $525.00.
Mighty costs will be 600/300= 2 times replaced @ $90= $180.00. And postage would be half as many trips for the Mighty over this time period.

From what I can gather here, I'm a medium-to-heavy user and I log about 40 hours a month (that was my avg. over three Crafty in 8 months). So, in my example, I would spend a shitpot of money either way and that would be bonkers, but the illustration is interesting.

verdampersweats

If you get two do a mod where you hit both with a Y adapter for two Easyflows, But i would be wary because the tech is there for something much better.

Example of Crafty & Mighty side by side the LED takes up a bit extra over USB, Roughly the size of the lithium ion battery is seems. So if a wire runs to the lithium? Could they not feasibly or some else feasibly use the exact same layout and put in a third battery (Better quality) and use the smartphone app?

I would also like a temp increase by 5c for cold weather so say a 35w heater and make the charger 40w and have true passthrough for when the three batterys die. Then it should function as a 215c plenty.

verdampersweats,

con2010

buy a clone 107.

Mod note: Link to counterfeit product removed.

Last edited by a moderator:
con2010,

bigmouth

However, I have the option to send it back and get it exchanged for something else, and the Mighty seems the only good option but wouldn't it be better to have a Mighty and Crafty than just a Mighty? Lol. Just something I'm going through and thought I'd ask for advice.
I have both. If I could only have one, I'd choose the Mighty no question. But the Crafty is great as a backup when I forget to charge the Mighty. Also, while the Mighty is pretty portable, too, there are times when I'm going through a bag search at a concert or TSA checkpoint at the airport that I'm glad the Crafty has a smaller profile.

esoh

is there a best type of concentrate for vaporizing in a sandwhich in the mighty? ie shatter vs. crumble vs. rosin etc?

esoh,
Sold my Plenty X2 ! That bowl is too big for my needs.... the Mighty is superior IMO due to it's ability to get slightly hotter (210 vs the plenty 204 IIRC) bowl that it 1/2 the size of the plenty, cordless, cooling unit, more ergonomic, etc. So plenty X2 turned into mighty x2! Keep in mind I have two of each vape not only for backup purposes, but because my wife vapes too.

What's thrown you off? My experience mirrors the both of yours. It's just not for me. It's still an awesome vape, and the best portable out there IMO at the moment. My GH could come back DOA (again), or break in a couple of days or weeks and then i'm out a stealthy portable. The Crafty does fit that need very, very well, with the best vapour out there for a portable. Just some of it's cons greatly outweigh the pros for me.

My experience with the Mighty is the opposite.... best vape ever!
its the part where you have a grasshopper replacing it thats thrown me off making me wonder if i should go mighty and grasshopper and just keep my mighty at home

startedflowermatingnimere,

biohacker

The GH will replace my sold Crafty. I'm hoping it doesn't backfire on me! I still take the Mighty out of the house though and will continue to do so even when the GH arrives. Honestly, you're looking at a very long time to receive the GH IMHO. I would just keep your Crafty for stealth unless you hate the battery as much as I did, and have one Mighty as well. You probably don't need TWO Mighty's like me, so one of each will serve your purpose, and the pickup a GH when they are actually released. You can always sell your Crafty then.

biohacker,
Reactions: bigmouth

bigmouth

pickup a GH when they are actually released. You can always sell your Crafty then.
I'm tempted to do just that. I love my Crafty, but I think a Mighty+Grasshopper would fit my needs as well or better. The Mighty is sufficiently portable that I can take it outside. And in the situations where I need something more stealthy (e.g., concerts, sporting events, etc.) the GH seems like an even better fit than the Crafty.

Last edited:

AJS

Calm Consistency
The GH will replace my sold Crafty. I'm hoping it doesn't backfire on me! I still take the Mighty out of the house though and will continue to do so even when the GH arrives. Honestly, you're looking at a very long time to receive the GH IMHO. I would just keep your Crafty for stealth unless you hate the battery as much as I did, and have one Mighty as well. You probably don't need TWO Mighty's like me, so one of each will serve your purpose, and the pickup a GH when they are actually released. You can always sell your Crafty then.
Find it funny you dislike the Crafty's battery life but still went with the GH! haha. I get it, swappable batteries, still a funny thing to hear tho!

How's the Arizer Solo/Air compare to the Mighty/Crafty? It seems the battery life would be similar to the Crafty (about 45 minutes, 4-5 sessions), but the power/airflow/cooling MUST lack?
I love my Air...but sometimes...sometimes...you just want to be punched in the face by a vape while in public around hundreds of people. .....maybe it's just me. I need to get a Mighty.
Too bad I'm poor.
I need a Grasshopper...Too bad I'm poor.

Really though...I want a Mighty baaaaaad. This thing looks like an absolute TANK. I feel like if I held one, I'd be scared walking around cuz I'd feel like I'm about to pull out the cord that it's plugged in to. One day....One day when I'm not making $100/week.

AJS,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I feel like if I held one, I'd be scared walking around cuz I'd feel like I'm about to pull out the cord that it's plugged in to. One day....One day when I'm not making $100/week.
Mighty is battery powered, and can also function plugged in when batteries are depleted.
Looks like you already have a few vapes, and so many on your wish list you may never get to the Mighty...that would be a shame!

vapviking,

AJS

Calm Consistency
Mighty is battery powered, and can also function plugged in when batteries are depleted.
haha! Meant it as a joke because of all the POOWEEERR. I'd feel like I was holding a desktop!
I might slide the Mighty up on my list...as more information comes out, I'm always adding and removing from the list, haha!
T'would be a shame!

Edit:
What's the average load size for the Mighty? I load about a .1 in the AAir and so I don't ever feel like I'm running through herb...especially because that lasts for a solid 10 minutes of straight hitting...
I'm a conservative kind of guy.

AJS,

shredder

haha! Meant it as a joke because of all the POOWEEERR. I'd feel like I was holding a desktop!
I might slide the Mighty up on my list...as more information comes out, I'm always adding and removing from the list, haha!
T'would be a shame!

Edit:
What's the average load size for the Mighty? I load about a .1 in the AAir and so I don't ever feel like I'm running through herb...especially because that lasts for a solid 10 minutes of straight hitting...
I'm a conservative kind of guy.

A full load would be about .2 grams but you can use less. While I'm completely in the mighty corner, I think you will get much higher using a mighty over an air with each having the same herb and sized load. If fact load for load, the mighty will beat most any vape
in this regard and in my not so humble opinion.

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
is there a best type of concentrate for vaporizing in a sandwhich in the mighty? ie shatter vs. crumble vs. rosin etc?
No they all perform the same. Crumble, shatter and rosin all boil down to puddles.

Traditional hash and keif work as well...hash old just tastes slightly better.

To chime in on the two mightys vs a mighty and a crafty, I HAD both and it worked beautifully.

I naturally didn't like the crafty as much as the mighty, but as someone who frequently vapes in public the versatility of the crafty size was appreciated, because the small form factor and mighty like hits.

If I were heavily using at home primarily maybe a two mighty combo would work better.

But the crafty battery's life works perfect for the hour the mighty works to charge...with a powerbank that has a 2A charger, the crafty ain't so bad.

Now if it were a choice for either a mighty or crafty...mighty all day.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I don't know the max capacity offhand, and don't have a scale that fine.
There are a couple of easy techniques for doing very small loads.
Time/hits depends on temp. Rip at high temp or slow flavorful crawl. This thing can do either.
Folks say the Mighty has much less draw resistance and somewhat better flavor than Air & Solo, but I don't have first hand comparison for you.

vapviking,

uhranium

I am recently on my 2012 solo since my mighty is in repair. You have to pull so many draws to get where you would be within a few hits with the mighty. Also my solo glass broke like the second day...

uhranium,

Boxman

All this talk of batteries failing and people buying two Mighty's has me wishing so hard that the bext mighty comes with swappable batteries like the Haze/GH. And BTW, just my two cents but if I wanted something to backup my Mighty and/or give me the option of more portability, I'd get the Haze rather than the Crafty.

Lip465

woooo
So I'm on the edge of ordering a Mighty, once I sell my other aromatherapy devices I should have enough for one. I have a Cloud already but to have another portable vape would be very nice

Lip465,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
So I'm on the edge of ordering a Mighty, once I sell my other aromatherapy devices I should have enough for one. I have a Cloud already but to have another portable vape would be very nice
I know this is the mighty thread, but I would put my money on the Zion for 2016...I damn near want to get rid of my mighty to fund one. But don't get me wrong, I love the mighty too.

biohacker

Care to explain why? I've fallen for the Mighty pretty hard, and just can't see any portable killing it for me, save for maybe the GH, but probably not. The Mighty is just one awesome portable desktop. I can't believe how much I love this vape!

So why do you think the Zion could be a Mighty killer? I tuned out of that thread as soon as I learned that you can combust. Just another worry that I don't need, and a non-issue with the Mighty!

LouFeinberg

Can anyone here with a Muzzmod please compare using a small water tool to just the stock CU dry (no water tool). Last night I was testing out hits at varying temperatures dry with the CU, and still cannot get over how effectively it cools so well!

So with the muzzmod, taking the CU out of the equation, i'm wondering if the water conditioned hits could in fact be harsher than dry CU hits?

Muzzmod gets the nod.

The three things I was trying to balance in choosing the Mighty in the first place:

Low temperature without sacrificing impact
Ease of draw
Overall ease of use

If those three sound like I was trying to overcome issues with the Arizer Solo, you're right. LOL I know that lots of people love theirs, but it was too hot for me, I had to suck too hard, and generally had to spend too much time screwing around with it, for damn near no results. Fuck combustion? No, fuck THIS. I actually gave up cannabis altogether, which was a pain, because no medication has ever worked for me this well, but I was done combusting, and the rest was too annoying to deal with.

Ah, then the Mighty. :love:

Okay, now to answer your actual question.

My first inclination was to just stick with the stock CU. Smooth, and yes, cool. Easy to draw, easy to use, everything about it was easy, and it worked. If this is all you ever do with your Mighty, you'll be in love.

There's no doubt however that toys and moisture can make for better loving. :brow:

To me, the Muzzmod is cooler than the CU. The water does add some minor amount of resistance to the draw though, no getting around that....but I went with the nice and simple D020-D, and only add enough WARM water to cover the bubble making hole thingies. (I believe that's the technical term.)

btw, maybe one of you physics nerds can tell me how WARM water makes for smoother vapor than COLD water....but stg it does.

I should also mention that my interim step was a whip, but I found that the additional cooling was offset by the fact that I wasn't getting as much impact from my effort -- it required longer, harder draws that weren't cooler enough to compensate. Feh.

So, yes, a negligible increase in resistance (although I still breathe in not much harder than regular breathing;certainly nothing bong-esque), but sooo smooth yet still hard-hitting that there's absolutely no way I'd consider going back to dry, toyless, loving.

And no way that I'd consider leaving the Mighty for anything else I'm hearing about yet. It's too easy, too pleasant, too potent, too everything-good, for me to waste time and flower on a bunch of experimenting to replace something that I honestly believe that, for now, is irreplaceable: The Muzzmodded Mighty.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I've enjoyed Mighty dry and with water. With muzzmod or with c/u then thru water. Both ways dry.
I feel that water does smooth the hits in almost all situations. When my muzzmod failed (i.e. started leaking when the glue joint failed, I'm not going back there), I went to c/u and water thru a whip and still like that the best. My 'water tool" is made from a mason jar and a nice downstem with a shower head, plus some glass adapters and med. grade silicone tubing. This is my preferred method when home.

Even so, I find temp. settings are as big a factor as any other in smoothness. I was drawn to the idea of max temp. /big rips, but wife and I both coughed a lot, so going back to a range of 175c to about 185c, with some boost to finish it, has been our habit. Still get unquestionable effect. With better flavor!

There are many ways to do it, all need to find what works best for them.

Warm water can add (in theory) more moisture to the vape. Dryness, more than heat is what you're want to mitigate.

AJS

Calm Consistency
Care to explain why? I've fallen for the Mighty pretty hard, and just can't see any portable killing it for me, save for maybe the GH, but probably not. The Mighty is just one awesome portable desktop. I can't believe how much I love this vape!

So why do you think the Zion could be a Mighty killer? I tuned out of that thread as soon as I learned that you can combust. Just another worry that I don't need, and a non-issue with the Mighty!
It's basically a portable log! haha. Full convection is very appealing to many, plus the wood, plus many have followed that forum for a long time now. Heard the battery life was amazing too? I would combust the mflb about once every 6 months...nothing to really be concerned about imho.

I saw your reaction to the GH 10 or so pages back on the GH forum...appealing reaction considering how much you vouch for your Mighty haha. It seems as if the GH is more convenient and easy to use, whereas the Mighty is just a guaranteed BEAST...even if it's a forced session, haha.

I saw you sold your Crafty...is the Crafty seriously that underpowered compared to the Mighty? If it's just the battery life, well that's one thing (about 45 mins, correct?), but if it actually doesn't produce as fully as the Mighty then that would be an absolute no bueno for me, because if I'm spending over 300 on a portable, it's gunna be one of the best and I wouldn't wanna settle for a step under, if that make sense.

If the Mighty dropped to the 275s range or so I would pick it up instantly, especially if the size was a tad bit smaller....how's the Mighty in the pocket? Pretty large and obvious? I have an AAir, so that's a huge step up, haha. Is anyone allowed to disclose of any discount deals they may have gotten through puffitup or another friendly vapor seller? Just curious as to what I may be able to get this bad boy for.

AJS,
Top Bottom