The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

BioSector

My launch unit in the 2xxx range had blue for sure. The other shade like you said Stu. I have also seen a counterfeit firsthand with the red ones.

Maybe you had a knockoff Stinky? ;)

BioSector,

Stinky

If that's so, then it would be the first that I've heard of such a thing. Are you certain? Do you have pictures of your original unit?

:peace:
I still have the CU somewhere as I got to keep it. I'll dig it up when I can manage it. The small o-ring is red and the large one is blue.

Definitely not a fake. Bought from Ausvapes and immediately returned as it did not have pass through charging. My posts are on here. It was common with the very first units.

I copied my first post on FC about the pass through charging below. I couldn't do it without posting twice in a row. (Modnote: posts merged)

Hi Guys. I am new here. This is a great harm reduction forum and I am going to start contributing rather than lurking.

I bought my Mighty a couple of weeks ago and am experiencing problems now. The unit has been used eight times without a problem but on Thursday night it started turning itself off. The unit was at half charge and suddenly went black and I was unable to turn it back on.

I plugged the unit in and the oven's actual heat display showed in yellow but would not increase in heat in any way. After an hour on charge we left the unit overnight. The next morning it was fine and working properly.

I am concerned that the unit shut itself down prematurely and then was unable to heat for a significant period of time. I chose the Mighty over the Crafty specifically for the ability to be able to use the unit whist plugged in and am just wondering if anyone else is having these problems?

I contacted the retailer australianvaporizers.com.au and will let you guys now what they say.

Last edited by a moderator:
Stinky,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Soaked my mighty 's CU a couple days ago and just scraped the reclaim. Looks like pretty decent stuff , nice color. I guess the taste isn't the best ?

I scrape the oily reclaim with a dental tool out BEFORE soaking the CU. Why permeate it with alcohol? I put the reclaim directly on to an oil pad for later.

While on this subject, I'll add that I've been using a system for cleaning that's very easy. I read about it on this forum, though I have to apologize 'cause I don't remember who it was that posted it. Thanks, whoever you are!

Separate the two halves of the CU and pull off the mouthpiece. Leave screen and o-rings in place. Put all in a ziplock baggie (sandwich size is fine) and add just enough iso alcohol to cover. Squeeze out excess air, seal bag and put it in a glass of very hot tap water for a few minutes. I leave the baggie's top above the waterline. Take out and shake a bit. I hold it by the top of bag, so I'm extra careful to hold the seal closed on the bag. Put back in hot water for a few minutes. Time (and in this case, heat) is your friend in the cleaning business! (I refresh the water because it's had a chance to cool by now.) After two or three heats and shakes, I open the baggie, keeping hands clear of the iso, I stick the S&B brush down in the bag and brush the surfaces just a little. This step cleans that dirty brush, too. I keep a small bowl of soapy water in the adjacent sink, and after letting the alcohol drip off, drop the pieces & brush in the soapy water, grab them and swish around a bit. Then rinse all in lots of clear cool water. Set aside to dry. Check you o-rings and replace any necessary (rare).

I'm getting good enough with this that my hands don't get alcohol or sticky on them, except two fingertips.
Quite civilized. :wave:

mixchu69

Purchased my mighty when it first came out, serial number 1xxx, and has kept up well. No crack fins or housing issues. I always wait for it to cool down before dumping abv. I need to return because temp is not reaching Set temp.

I am in southern ca and purchased straight from S&B. Is their an email for repairs or warranty for people in the US? Thanks.

mixchu69,

MichaelCompton

Purchased my mighty when it first came out, serial number 1xxx, and has kept up well. No crack fins or housing issues. I always wait for it to cool down before dumping abv. I need to return because temp is not reaching Set temp.

I am in southern ca and purchased straight from S&B. Is their an email for repairs or warranty for people in the US? Thanks.
Here you are friend
STORZ & BICKEL AMERICA

1078 60th St.

Oakland, CA 94608

phone: 510-451-1553

service-america@storz-bickel.com

MichaelCompton,
Reactions: mixchu69

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
I scrape the oily reclaim with a dental tool out BEFORE soaking the CU. Why permeate it with alcohol? I put the reclaim directly on to an oil pad for later.

While on this subject, I'll add that I've been using a system for cleaning that's very easy. I read about it on this forum, though I have to apologize 'cause I don't remember who it was that posted it. Thanks, whoever you are!

Separate the two halves of the CU and pull off the mouthpiece. Leave screen and o-rings in place. Put all in a ziplock baggie (sandwich size is fine) and add just enough iso alcohol to cover. Squeeze out excess air, seal bag and put it in a glass of very hot tap water for a few minutes. I leave the baggie's top above the waterline. Take out and shake a bit. I hold it by the top of bag, so I'm extra careful to hold the seal closed on the bag. Put back in hot water for a few minutes. Time (and in this case, heat) is your friend in the cleaning business! (I refresh the water because it's had a chance to cool by now.) After two or three heats and shakes, I open the baggie, keeping hands clear of the iso, I stick the S&B brush down in the bag and brush the surfaces just a little. This step cleans that dirty brush, too. I keep a small bowl of soapy water in the adjacent sink, and after letting the alcohol drip off, drop the pieces & brush in the soapy water, grab them and swish around a bit. Then rinse all in lots of clear cool water. Set aside to dry. Check you o-rings and replace any necessary (rare).

I'm getting good enough with this that my hands don't get alcohol or sticky on them, except two fingertips.
Quite civilized. :wave:

I don't think I was OP, but this is essentially what I do, I do take the screen out the CU though. Other than that, it's basically the same process (Use a tupperware instead of a bag), and 100% agree that heat is your friend in the cleaning business! Great stuff and couldn't recommend it more

Edit: In regards to the one with a Red O-Ring and nonpass through....sounds fake. I know you say it's not, but I think the fact it has a Red Oring when they weren't shipped off with that (I just dug around the first 10/15 pages...nothing..I do see blue though) coupled with the fact that it was missing the pass through charging. Regardless its not a big deal as AusVapes was nice enough to honor the warranty, maybe they got some early on from a different retailer? Idk. I do echo Stu in never hearing of a Red O Ring on these.

Edit 2: Saw other people speaking about these early production red o rings...so color me surprised! Can redact the above.

Last edited:
HellsWindStaff,
Reactions: vapviking

vapviking

Old & In the Way

Good information from MichaelCompton.

If you want S&B to pay the shipping to get it to them, then email or call but this might add considerable time, as in days.
Or, spend the five bucks or so and just priority mail it to them with a note and a copy of your purchase receipt. You only need send the bottom part, not cooling unit. They may not even call or email you - correct that - the first email you get may be "S&B has mailed you a package..."
If your use has been that light, it's unlikely they would not honor the warranty. Your replacement will be in most all ways better than the early one you're returning. Good luck!

BioSector

I still have the CU somewhere as I got to keep it. I'll dig it up when I can manage it. The small o-ring is red and the large one is blue.

Ahh... The red oring on the knockoffs I am remembering was around the oven, don't know about the ones in the CU. I have 8 CU's at home, next cleaning day I'll have to see if any of mine CU's have odd colors.

Greatly appreciated.

You should check out this page though, there are certain rules to follow. :)

http://www.storz-bickel.com/shop_us/en/repair-info/

BioSector,
Reactions: mixchu69

StonerBob

well after a few years since vaping with my Silver Surfer that has since been sold.

I decided to buy a vape again and wanted something portable. After reading reviews and hype for a few days I went with the mighty. Ordered it from the Storz & Bickel America site.

After about one week the black paint on the metal plate on the rear of the unit started wearing off with normal use. I was pretty frustrated with that, since it makes the 95% black vape about 25% silver.

Then about a month after owning it, I saw a small piece of plastic fall off as I removed the cooling unit. It was coming from near the bowl area on the base of the unit. Every day or two another small piece of plastic would fall off from that same area. Almost as if the plastic itself was brittle and/or the wrong type of material to be used in that spot. About 8 pieces ended up breaking off and the latest was last night. Its unusable now since air leaks in from the area that is suppose to be sealed between the bowl and top cooling unit.

So I figured it was time to contact them and sent them an email today asking for replacement.

At this point, I don't think I would recommend this $400 mighty vape to anyone

rUtv9C6.jpg

ILUeomQ.jpg

Last edited:

Mr. Me2

well after a few years since vaping with my Silver Surfer that has since been sold.

I decided to buy a vape again and wanted something portable. After reading reviews and hype for a few days I went with the mighty. Ordered it from the Storz & Bickel America site.

After about one week the black paint on the metal plate on the rear of the unit started wearing off with normal use. I was pretty frustrated with that, since it makes the 95% black vape about 25% silver.

Then about a month after owning it, I saw a small piece of plastic fall off as I removed the cooling unit. It was coming from near the bowl area on the base of the unit. Every day or two another small piece of plastic would fall off from that same area. Almost as if the plastic itself was the wrong type of material to be used in that spot. About 8 pieces ended up breaking off and the latest was last night. Its unusable now since air leaks in from the area that is suppose to be sealed between the bowl and top cooling unit.

So I figured it was time to contact them and sent them an email today asking for replacement.

rUtv9C6.jpg

ILUeomQ.jpg
Sorry to hear about your experience. About when did you buy this one and how many hours did you put on it? I hope S&B send you a replacement fast and without issues.

Mr. Me2,

StonerBob

Sorry to hear about your experience. About when did you buy this one and how many hours did you put on it? I hope S&B send you a replacement fast and without issues.

I bought it less than two months ago, the first week of August.

I use it about three or four times per day. Hours... I'd guess maybe 40-60 hours over the past two months since owning it, that's about 4 10minute vapes per day. sounds about right... I do herb right into the bowl and also concentrates using the liquid pad

I hope you clean that bad boy before you send it in..that is one dirty mighty..looks like some concentrate use in there or just some serious reclaim..have u cleaned the cooling unit?

Yes I will definitely clean it before sending it in. I just need to go pick up some ISO alcohol

I do use it for concentrates mostly, but it does leave behind that residue of crap that seeped through the liquid pad after a few days use.

When I bought it I purchased an additional cooling unit, knowing it was gonna get messy. I've scraped residue off the inside of the cooling unit and re-vaped it before.

Also, that is what pissed me off about the black paint coming off that metal plate. It makes the vape looks like shit. At least the residue can be cleaned

Last edited by a moderator:
StonerBob,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Also, that is what pissed me off about the black paint coming off that metal plate. It makes the vape looks like shit. At least the residue can be cleaned

I don't get it. Shouldn't there be a black sticker in that spot (with logo, bar code, SN) rather than black "paint"? Did the sticker just peel off? Because mine isn't paint, and the sticker with the SN isn't going anywhere easily.

mitchgo61,

badlt

I bought it less than two months ago, the first week of August.

I use it about three or four times per day. Hours... I'd guess maybe 40-60 hours over the past two months since owning it, that's about 4 10minute vapes per day. sounds about right... I do herb right into the bowl and also concentrates using the liquid pad

Yes I will definitely clean it before sending it in. I just need to go pick up some ISO alcohol

I do use it for concentrates mostly, but it does leave behind that residue of crap that seeped through the liquid pad after a few days use.

When I bought it I purchased an additional cooling unit, knowing it was gonna get messy. I've scraped residue off the inside of the cooling unit and re-vaped it before.

I bought my mighty the 1st week of August also and has been my only device since. I am a retired, morning till night cannabis user. My mighty (19xxx) looks brand new. Not one mark besides the serial number plate with normal care. Yours was probably made after a long lunch break at the local pub.

Justpassedu

Then about a month after owning it, I saw a small piece of plastic fall off as I removed the cooling unit. It was coming from near the bowl area on the base of the unit. Every day or two another small piece of plastic would fall off from that same area. Almost as if the plastic itself was brittle and/or the wrong type of material to be used in that spot. About 8 pieces ended up breaking off and the latest was last night. Its unusable now since air leaks in from the area that is suppose to be sealed between the bowl and top cooling unit.

rUtv9C6.jpg

ILUeomQ.jpg
Ouch , looks like your vape has been to Hell and back. I never let mine get that dirty but than again i dont use mine as much as you do. I see my sticker in the back gets scratched a bit in some places like yours but not anywhere near the degree of what yours has gotten to. I am wishing you luck , i am sure S&B will take care of you as its still under warranty , they will prob just replace the housing i am thinking. A little tip to help you clean that oven up , go buy a magic eraser , cut a small piece and use it in the oven.

Justpassedu,
Reactions: StonerBob

Stinky

I don't think I was OP, but this is essentially what I do, I do take the screen out the CU though. Other than that, it's basically the same process (Use a tupperware instead of a bag), and 100% agree that heat is your friend in the cleaning business! Great stuff and couldn't recommend it more

Edit: In regards to the one with a Red O-Ring and nonpass through....sounds fake. I know you say it's not, but I think the fact it has a Red Oring when they weren't shipped off with that (I just dug around the first 10/15 pages...nothing..I do see blue though) coupled with the fact that it was missing the pass through charging. Regardless its not a big deal as AusVapes was nice enough to honor the warranty, maybe they got some early on from a different retailer? Idk. I do echo Stu in never hearing of a Red O Ring on these.

Edit 2: Saw other people speaking about these early production red o rings...so color me surprised! Can redact the above.

Fake Mightys were not out in December of last year. It took China a few months to get a hold of the unit to make copies.

@StonerBob

The early units had a clear sticker over the warranty label and it didn't scratch off. Bickel & Storz replaced that with the new labels that scratch off and make the units look cheap. I contacted them as I was concerned about the warranty number coming off. They told me not to worry as you could still see it when you held it up to the light.

A former Reddit user tried to get his unit warrantied over this and they said no so he went ballistic.

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
@Stinky learn something new everyday, always thought they had pass through as well.

I've admittedly not been using mine much lately as I've been out of town and pretty busy, but it's still in tact and kicking :)

@StonerBob what were you doing with yours....how are you carrying it around...no reason it should look that beat up IMO. As someone said looks like lots of concentrate use, maybe the higher heats used during that are dong it? That is undoubtedly one of the worst looking Mighty's I've ever seen lol

Stinky

@Stinky learn something new everyday, always thought they had pass through as well.

I've admittedly not been using mine much lately as I've been out of town and pretty busy, but it's still in tact and kicking :)

@StonerBob what were you doing with yours....how are you carrying it around...no reason it should look that beat up IMO. As someone said looks like lots of concentrate use, maybe the higher heats used during that are dong it? That is undoubtedly one of the worst looking Mighty's I've ever seen lol
They do have pass through charging. A few of the very early units didn't.

I used to have problems with the casing cracking. The prolonged exposure to heat was making the plastic around the oven soft which would then chip.

I found that by carefully taking the cooling unit off immediately after use it allowed the plastic to cool down a lot faster and I don't have these issues anymore.

It also makes it a lot easier to clean the top screen as you don't get any oily build up.

I agree that StonerBob's unit is the worst I have seen with the reinforced housing. So much for it fixing the problem.

Stinky,

majher

So yesterday I received the vapefiend adapter and tried it on my mighty. Out of the box it was pretty knicked up but the worst part when I screwed it on the right half of the mighty casing popped apart. I sent my mighty in for repairs today. I still don't understand how it caused this.

majher,

esoh

Does the internal Mighty software keep track of hours like the Crafty does?

I'm worried that if/when I send my 5 month old unit in for new housing they will see my ridiculous (seriously, even for FC standards) hours clocked on it and reject the warranty based on that.

obviously i doubt this happening but it had me thinking.

esoh,

Justpassedu

They do have pass through charging. A few of the very early units didn't.

I used to have problems with the casing cracking. The prolonged exposure to heat was making the plastic around the oven soft which would then chip.

I found that by carefully taking the cooling unit off immediately after use it allowed the plastic to cool down a lot faster and I don't have these issues anymore.

It also makes it a lot easier to clean the top screen as you don't get any oily build up.

I agree that StonerBob's unit is the worst I have seen with the reinforced housing. So much for it fixing the problem.
I noticed the mighty compared to other vapes I own takes quite a bit of time to cool down when turned off. Sometimes I don't finish my entire session and save some hits for later so what I do to cool down my cu is turn it off a bit early and I take a few pulls with it off to cool it down quicker. I'd say I usually get 3-5 nice hits once shit down although I also do this when I shut it off after a full session but it def helps to cool it down quicker .

Top Bottom