The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MinnBobber

looks great @Ratchett , wondering why you wouldn't just bypass attaching this to the cu and making your own printed mount similar to the one that locks on the mighty ?
Ratchett may add on here but he has said that CURRENTLY, he has no 3D printable material that stands up to that heat level/ is appropriate for such a piece.
In the future, that will hopefully change.

Justpassedu

Ratchett may add on here but he has said that CURRENTLY, he has no 3D printable material that stands up to that heat level/ is appropriate for such a piece.
In the future, that will hopefully change.
Ty for the clarification . I kinda thought that .

Justpassedu,

subway13029

Im confused..so u would take apart the cu?? Or just takr the cu off altogther as this looks like it would be inly attachable with cu remove anyways..

subway13029,

Justpassedu

Im confused..so u would take apart the cu?? Or just takr the cu off altogther as this looks like it would be inly attachable with cu remove anyways..

You would take the top half of the cu off and put this on top of it using the bottom half as your locking mechanism as stated : " A silicone sleeve which is designed to fit over the bottom half of the cooling unit. Simply unlock and detach the top half of the Cooling Unit, and slide this on top. No cutting, gluing or modification to your CU is necessary "

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
looks great @Ratchett , wondering why you wouldn't just bypass attaching this to the cu and making your own printed mount similar to the one that locks on the mighty ?
@MinnBobber Beat me to it - indeed my problem right now is printing a material capable of handling the high heat. Sadly silicone isn't strong enough to make threads which would lock into the unit.

You would take the top half of the cu off and put this on top of it using the bottom half as your locking mechanism as stated : " A silicone sleeve which is designed to fit over the bottom half of the cooling unit. Simply unlock and detach the top half of the Cooling Unit, and slide this on top. No cutting, gluing or modification to your CU is necessary "

Yup, take apart the Cooling Unit - my new adapter will replace the top half of the cooling unit

I'll snap a picture of the actual silicone adapter installed on a cooling unit later today.

Justpassedu

@MinnBobber Beat me to it - indeed my problem right now is printing a material capable of handling the high heat. Sadly silicone isn't strong enough to make threads which would lock into the unit.

Yup, take apart the Cooling Unit - my new adapter will replace the top half of the cooling unit

I'll snap a picture of the actual silicone adapter installed on a cooling unit later today.
Hey if you need someone to help test 1 out please lmk , i have a extra cu and been using your universal adapter with it , I was thinking of making a muzzmod with it but id like to try your design 1st.

esoh

pretty close to buying a 2nd mighty unit -

i feel like my first mighty has been a learning experience, if you're a pretty heavy daily user, one portable as your only vaporizer is just not going to cut it. i feel like my battery is easily 10-20% diminished from when it came out of the box 3 months ago because i heavily abuse pass through charging, not letting the battery charge in full cycles, or plugging in the unit while it's still very hot (i see err001's all the time.)

in the long term i could either pay every year for a battery replacement, or just pick up a 2nd mighty now and employ better battery care practices, and hopefully would only have to change the batteries on them every 3+ years or so.

are there other vapes i should be waiting for? or fuck it and just join the double mighty club

Justpassedu

i feel like my first mighty has been a learning experience, if you're a pretty heavy daily user, one portable as your only vaporizer is just not going to cut it. i feel like my battery is easily 10-20% diminished from when it came out of the box 3 months ago because i heavily abuse pass through charging, not letting the battery charge in full cycles, or plugging in the unit while it's still very hot (i see err001's all the time.)

in the long term i could either pay every year for a battery replacement, or just pick up a 2nd mighty now and employ better battery care practices, and hopefully would only have to change the batteries on them every 3+ years or so.

are there other vapes i should be waiting for? or fuck it and just join the double mighty club
There are a ton of other vapes out there but I'd say have a look at the grasshopper . Even if you order now you prob won't get it for a bit possibly the new year . But it blows big clouds and gets you medicated quick for under $200 from reviews so far and it's in the form of a pen with a 5 second heat up time, life time warranty if the company doesn't go under and user replaceable batteries .

grokit

well-worn member
I would say that the only units that can compete with the mighty from a pure power perspective would be the minivap and the upcoming zion. The grasshopper is certainly promising as well, but it's more of a stealth ripper with limited battery life--its battery is exchangeable, but it seems that it needs to be so it's in a different category imo. The zion has exchangeable (universal) batteries, and will be shipping next month.

Last edited:

justcametomind

The minivap could be an alternative. It also has a fat battery and is portable but not pocketable. Otherwise there are many options, like getting a Volcano for home use, and bags ARE portable!

justcametomind,
Reactions: Thcgos

esoh

a nice desktop definitely makes the most sense on a long term scale for me

for comparisons sake, does anyone know the lowest PIU will go on a new Mighty shipping inside the U.S.?

esoh,

Stinky

I buy a new unit outright when my Mightys start to have issues. When the new unit arrives I send the old one back to my retailer and get a full refund. My warranty starts again with the new purchase.

I have found this is the best way for me to deal with the problems.

esoh

i live in the USA and all the recent talk is that all S&B will do for me is try to charge me 100 dollars to change the battery

am i wrong in thinking that? worth giving S&B customer service a shot if all i have to complain about is my battery being weaker and a big of cracked housing?

esoh,

ikˈsentrik

Odd since 92'
i live in the USA and all the recent talk is that all S&B will do for me is try to charge me 100 dollars to change the battery

am i wrong in thinking that? worth giving S&B customer service a shot if all i have to complain about is my battery being weaker and a big of cracked housing?
I don't know about you guys but it's very disheartening to be told im going to have to shell out $100 roughly every 3 months after spending $430.00 for the device!!

We all came to vaporization for one reason or another. My main reason was cost savings.... this screams the opposite of savings as all of it will go to batteries.

Still a fantastic vape and I love my mighty a lot... but knowing your batteries are a possible ticking time bomb makes me scared to use it :ugh: :tinfoil:

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Great! Fuckin @Stinky is bragging again...damn Australians...lol

I buy a new unit outright when my Mightys start to have issues. When the new unit arrives I send the old one back to my retailer and get a full refund. My warranty starts again with the new purchase.

I have found this is the best way for me to deal with the problems.

Every body else pissing in the punch on the mighty, discouraging others not to buy...stop it!
Sure S&B treats customers differently and have a semi shady customer service team, it's super expensive and the battery might be horrible...
...but it's SO damn good!

VapeLife

So I got my Mighty on Monday and have used it multiple times since with different herb.
I'm not getting that much vapor out of it. At least not visibly like everyone else. I've started very low and end as high as I can go and the vapor is minimal, if non-existent, after a few clouds early on.

I've tried loading different amounts, stirring, and also using the liquid pad, but it hasn't seemed to change too much. I can taste the herb, but I feel like I get more vapor from my original Pax which most people seem to agree that the Mighty blows out of the water.

I'm getting buzzed to moderately high, but I'm drawing like 20 times and I'm not really ripped.

Is it my herb or my mighty or my technique? I don't feel like there's any real malfunction with the device, so it has me confused :hmm:

subway13029

Are you grinding your herb?? Have you tried different types of herb or just same strain? I have had strains not produce vapor and thought my vapes were broke..make sure its dry and you grind well..

subway13029,
Reactions: h3rbalist

esoh

I don't know about you guys but it's very disheartening to be told im going to have to shell out $100 roughly every 3 months after spending $430.00 for the device!!

We all came to vaporization for one reason or another. My main reason was cost savings.... this screams the opposite of savings as all of it will go to batteries.

Still a fantastic vape and I love my mighty a lot... but knowing your batteries are a possible ticking time bomb makes me scared to use it :ugh: :tinfoil:

it is disheartening, my battery is definitely weaker after 3 months, but that's largely due to my usage patterns and general abusing of the battery (abusing pass-thru charging, not charging full cycles) so i'm hoping if i split my daily usage between two portables, both of their batteries will last much longer. that's my hope at least.

Great! Fuckin @Stinky is bragging again...damn Australians...lol

Every body else pissing in the punch on the mighty, discouraging others not to buy...stop it!
Sure S&B treats customers differently and have a semi shady customer service team, it's super expensive and the battery might be horrible...
...but it's SO damn good!

hopefully by 2020 we can recommend high quality vapes to friends of ours without having to convince them to fork over an arm and a leg for it.

So I got my Mighty on Monday and have used it multiple times since with different herb.
I'm not getting that much vapor out of it. At least not visibly like everyone else. I've started very low and end as high as I can go and the vapor is minimal, if non-existent, after a few clouds early on.

I've tried loading different amounts, stirring, and also using the liquid pad, but it hasn't seemed to change too much. I can taste the herb, but I feel like I get more vapor from my original Pax which most people seem to agree that the Mighty blows out of the water.

I'm getting buzzed to moderately high, but I'm drawing like 20 times and I'm not really ripped.

Is it my herb or my mighty or my technique? I don't feel like there's any real malfunction with the device, so it has me confused :hmm:

i experienced this on my day 1, the problem was my cooling unit wasn't 100% secured, when i sealed it up completely by securing the little black tab that pushes into holographic logo, it ripped like a beast.

biohacker

so i'm hoping if i split my daily usage between two portables, both of their batteries will last much longer. that's my hope at least.

I think this is the exact reason that both of my Mighty's are performing since 4/20 without any hits in performance. No need to charge while warm either, and I ONLY ever used the pass-through when the charge was 100% FULL, in order for it not to charge at the same time as use which is very hard on the battery.

Simple battery conservation practices will go a LONG way. @OF is the EXPERT on the forum I believe, but typically references are to batteryuniversity.com OTOH, I pay no attention to battery conservation with my macbook, and after 3 years it's still going strong! Others I know have their batteries puke after a year. Who knows!

Mr. Me2

I started following the MiVape and Prima threads. You may want to take a look at those. And I drank the Kool Aid a long time ago about the Grasshopper. No matter what you decide, if you like convection and want something other than a session Vape, I think you should add that to your collection

Mr. Me2,
Top Bottom