The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

SmokedHamJunkie

How much will you use in the mighty in order to get to where you want to be? Two bowls? Is the general consensus that it is smooth even without water?

SmokedHamJunkie,

radiant34

How much will you use in the mighty in order to get to where you want to be? Two bowls? Is the general consensus that it is smooth even without water?
one bowl is perfectly fine for me. What i'll usually do is place a .15 in a bowl and than scoop out oil from the cooling unit and place that on screen. I'll cover my bowl with the screen and vape at 340 to let the oil seep through the herbs- that way when i temp step it to 370 by then the oil and herb infuse together to give me one good juicy hit.

radiant34,

Stinky

And what do you say to them? Lol

I have had to say no. I have a very good relationship with my retailer and wouldn't risk losing their support for anything as I have to reply on them often.

That's insane! 2 year warranty on batteries....is this ONLY in Oz? Is it still through S&B?

I contacted the department of Fair Trading regarding the warranty of the batteries specifically with the Crafty and Mighty units. I was informed in writing that under Australian consumer law the batteries are covered for the full two years of the warranty period. I bought my unit from Australianvaporizers.com.au who IMO are much better than B&S.

biohacker

okay, so the 2 year warranty is through ausvapes I assume? S&B would do nothing for you? Or ausvapes takes it up with S&B. That's quite the warranty...was your mighty $399usd?

Every country should have these consumer laws!

biohacker,

Stinky

okay, so the 2 year warranty is through ausvapes I assume? S&B would do nothing for you? Or ausvapes takes it up with S&B. That's quite the warranty...was your mighty $399usd?

Every country should have these consumer laws!

I bought my unit through Ausvapes. It comes with a two year warranty as standard. If there was ever any any issue with Ausvapes rejecting the warranty claim due to battery issues then I would inform them of their requirements as per Australian consumer law under the Fair Trading Act.

I have never had any issues with Ausvapes though and don't foresee ever having any. They have a "the customer is always right" attitude towards running their business.

I paid $445AU before the dollar crashed with discount and price match. At one point the conversion price with Ausvapes discount was $330USD with postage.

My fourth unit cost me $480AU as Namaste was no longer matching their prices and I could only get the Ausvapes discount. I'd happily pay a lot more to purchase my unit from Ausvapes due to the support they have given me.

Germany has similar laws to protect the consumer.

Mangled Alaskan

The ISO will evaporate away. I don't use the fine screen as I found it created draw resistance and was harder to clean.

I have not only got the fine screen on the bottom, I add an additional coarse screen to cover the bowl prior to mounting the CU.

I thought the draw was ok, and it seems to extend the time before the CU needs to undergo cleaning.

But WHAT is S&B saying their USA batteries warranty is?

I'm looking forward to getting my hand on the Vapefiend adapter! I'm not sure how long it will be. The glass mouthpieces came pretty quick!

Last edited:

Pretty_Clouds

Thought i'd report that the replacement Mighty I received today seems to be holding up better than it's predecessor who's LCD died on day one. Day two tomorrow!

When I use the vape, the taste I get is exactly like how the ABV smells once you remove the cooling unit.

SmokedHamJunkie

Hi, I'm currently sitting in my house waiting for a knock on the front door to inform me that my Mighty has arrived. I'm really excited and hope that it lives up to the hype. I've never fully taken to vaping despite my best efforts to do so, I found the volcano hits to be too airy and dry. Taste was consistently good and vapour was smooth, but it was a bit dry and you have to inhale a lot of air in order to get really baked. I personally had to have two full bowls of strong MJ amongst six or eight bags at 6.5 in order to get the effects that I was looking for. SSV is too variable, you can have really good and bad hits with it. It's inconsistency is frustrating and if you are using a large water pipe like myself then it ends up looking like a science experiment just to get high which isn't always practical. Without water filtration the SSV vapour is very hot and you get a lot of particles through the whip which is never good IMO. I wouldn't use my SSV without my quad perc ice bong. And when I use this I have problems with blow back and have to concentrate fully to get good hits. It just seems so variable and a bit hit or miss. I'm hoping that the Mighty is good enough to prevent me from combusting once and for all. I get very high grade MJ and am looking for a real high feeling, love the taste of vaping but want to get those head banging satisfying effects that so far I have struggled to get.

SmokedHamJunkie,
Reactions: biohacker

esoh

Back to complaining about S&B practices for a moment - just broke my third wall adapter in the 3 months i've had the device, wtf are they making these things out of???

Stinky

Back to complaining about S&B practices for a moment - just broke my third wall adapter in the 3 months i've had the device, wtf are they making these things out of???
They use a new smaller charger now as the old ones were prone to breaking. The cords would go in them.

I have two chargers and a car charger just in case.

biohacker

When did they change the adapters? I have two Mighty's in the 12XXX serial range from April and both haven't skipped a bit. I don't treat them delicately or anything either.

biohacker,

badlt

2 bowls do it for me. Heavy user. This is my first vape but it was so smooth that I have not combusted since it arrived 2 months ago. Ordered the waterpipe attachment from Vapefiend which hopefully turn it into a mini CloudEvo.

badlt,

SmokedHamJunkie

Also does anyone have any idea about how you can tell if it's a new model?

I found it amazing btw and even totally bearable at 200 when finishing the bowl.

So I have now had four bowls and all I can think is wow!!! I've extensively used the Volcano and the SSV, the Mighty completely blows both of them away in terms of effects, ease of use, but most importantly the smoothness of the vapour. The cooling unit actually works really well IMO. I'd also read that it was too big, but I can hold it one handed easily and it doesn't feel too heavy at all. I've actually been waiting for a product like this for years. From the first Blue Meanie I bought when 16 (which was an absolute joke btw), to the MIGHTY!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
SmokedHamJunkie,

mitchgo61

I go where the thrills are
Also does anyone have any idea about how you can tell if it's a new model?
!!!

Serial number. You can send it to S&B in email and they will let you know the lineage of your unit. (For example mine is 12xxx...I was told it's from 2015, but not the newest version....newer than the first version, but not quite the latest either...)

mitchgo61,

Stinky

When did they change the adapters? I have two Mighty's in the 12XXX serial range from April and both haven't skipped a bit. I don't treat them delicately or anything either.
I started reading about them around June.

Stinky,

LouFeinberg

I think the OG muzzmod wins
*I THINK (even if you don't)
*just realized the muzzmod is universal...so it superwins

Hey, do we need a separate muzzmod thread? Anyway...

I think there are some misconceptions about how much it costs to build, how hard it is, etc. I found it affordable and doable, even though I'm a past-middle aged guy without a tool in sight other than one of those 4-piece screwdrivers and a utility knife that I use for opening Amazon boxes.

So I had to buy everything. Guess where I bought it. As a hint, here are the links.

The cool thing about this is that the edges were as smooth as glass. Haha! No torch necessary.

Maybe worth ordering 2 of these just in case you epoxy the first one to your hand or something. If so, add $3.88. Shipping is the same either way. Also, since I have Amazon Prime, this was the only item with shipping costs. YMMV​

That’s a total of $29.93 for parts from Amazon.

Plus of course the extra Cooling Unit for $19.90. Just under $50 all-in.

For a vape that cost approximately USD$2 million to buy, that's pretty good -- especially considering that it makes the vaping experience 2 million times better.

Note what is NOT on my shopping list: a torch, a dremel, a workbench, or a garage.

Putting it together was also a breeze. I made a lot of mistakes - a LOT of them - and it was still 28 minutes all in. Trust me, it will take MUCH LESS time for you, because you won't make the stupid mistakes I did.

Here's the breakdown. I actually took notes.

• 10:17 Unwrap hacksaw and clamp.
  • 10:18 Start cutting CU.
  • 10:20 Done! Nice and easy, even with a cheap hacksaw on a picnic table. No workbench, no vise, just barehanding.
  • 10:21 Hey! Where the hell did I put that sandpaper? Oh yeah, I remember. Top drawer in the bedroom. (Don’t ask.)
  • 10:23 Back to work with sandpaper.
  • 10:25 Sanded to my satisfaction. Open epoxy package, start mixing.
Note that Elmo’s instructions suggested a bamboo skewer for application. Elmo is clearly comfortable around things like barbecues and FIRE (obviously). I have no skewers, but I DID have one of those wooden stirrer things from the grocery store coffee counter.​

10:26 My first major mistake: I'm trying to connect the adapter to the CU sliver, but every time I try to get the two piece into the clamp, they slip out and I had epoxy all over myself. What was I doing wrong?

10:30 D'oh! It would have been unbelievably easy to avoid this mess if I had taken a couple of minutes to read Elmo's original instructions again. Once I cleaned myself off and took a look, OF COURSE he said to put it in the clamp and THEN epoxy. I'm an idiot.

• 10:35 Took a minute to figure out how to work the clamp. This may seem obvious to you, but I am an idiot with no tools and no experience with clamps. But still no biggie.
  • 10:36 Set the 2 pieces in the clamp, mixed some more epoxy.
  • 10:38 Finished. I took a full two minutes to apply the epoxy because I know it’ll look better if it’s neat – but most people, it’ll take barely a minute.
  • 10:40 Cleaned off new epoxy from myself AGAIN. Threw away wrappers for hacksaw, clamp, etc.
  • 10:45 Everything done. Cleaning 100% complete. And now I waited.

And there ya go. 28 minutes, start to finish, nearly a full third of which is consumed by nothing other than me being an idiot.

I think I can do the next one in maybe half the time, and I’ll only need to spend half as much (just the adapter and the CU).

Since I started early-ish in the day, I maybe could have fired it up that night, but, lacking confidence in the outcome, waited until Sunday morning. Even with all my mistakes, it turned out PERFECT.

To get this vaguely back on topic, YES, for ME, the muzzmod made the Mighty TWO MILLION times better.

Others have said it, and I agree that the Mighty is the first vape to make all this practical. I actually hated my previous attempts, the Solo in particular. Too hot, too dry, left my voice so scorched even on the lowest temps that STRANGERS were asking me if I was okay. I also had to smoke way too many of the little bowls to feel anything.

I know that most (almost all?) more experienced weeders will find the stock Mighty to be such an improvement over their previous combusting/vaping that they won't feel moved to do this, or they might find the silicon adapter to do just fine. I really did want glass, though....anyway....

Mighty + muzzmod = cool, tasty, and me VERY quickly medicated. As a manic depressive schizophrenic, the emphasis is on "medicated"...but i have no doubt that every recreational user will also find the stock Mighty to be a vast improvement over their previous experiences, and will find the muzzmod to be a VASTER improvement.

AND affordable and painless. Just follow the directions, keep most of the epoxy off yourself, and it's a breeze.

IN CONCLUSION....

If you're thinking about the Mighty: don't hesitate any more. Do it.

If you're wondering about the muzzmod: DO IT.

Elmo, I really have to thank you, man. What a huge difference this has made for me. No kidding, I'm naming my next boy Elmo. If it's a girl, I'm naming her muzzmod.

Vaped? Why no, my friend. I'm IN MUZZMODE.

Mangled Alaskan

Hey, do we need a separate muzzmod thread? Anyway...

I think there are some misconceptions about how much it costs to build, how hard it is, etc. I found it affordable and doable, even though I'm a past-middle aged guy without a tool in sight other than one of those 4-piece screwdrivers and a utility knife that I use for opening Amazon boxes.

So I had to buy everything. Guess where I bought it. As a hint, here are the links.

The cool thing about this is that the edges were as smooth as glass. Haha! No torch necessary.

Maybe worth ordering 2 of these just in case you epoxy the first one to your hand or something. If so, add $3.88. Shipping is the same either way. Also, since I have Amazon Prime, this was the only item with shipping costs. YMMV​

That’s a total of $29.93 for parts from Amazon.

Plus of course the extra Cooling Unit for $19.90. Just under $50 all-in.

For a vape that cost approximately USD$2 million to buy, that's pretty good -- especially considering that it makes the vaping experience 2 million times better.

Note what is NOT on my shopping list: a torch, a dremel, a workbench, or a garage.

Putting it together was also a breeze. I made a lot of mistakes - a LOT of them - and it was still 28 minutes all in. Trust me, it will take MUCH LESS time for you, because you won't make the stupid mistakes I did.

Here's the breakdown. I actually took notes.

• 10:17 Unwrap hacksaw and clamp.
  • 10:18 Start cutting CU.
  • 10:20 Done! Nice and easy, even with a cheap hacksaw on a picnic table. No workbench, no vise, just barehanding.
  • 10:21 Hey! Where the hell did I put that sandpaper? Oh yeah, I remember. Top drawer in the bedroom. (Don’t ask.)
  • 10:23 Back to work with sandpaper.
  • 10:25 Sanded to my satisfaction. Open epoxy package, start mixing.
Note that Elmo’s instructions suggested a bamboo skewer for application. Elmo is clearly comfortable around things like barbecues and FIRE (obviously). I have no skewers, but I DID have one of those wooden stirrer things from the grocery store coffee counter.​

10:26 My first major mistake: I'm trying to connect the adapter to the CU sliver, but every time I try to get the two piece into the clamp, they slip out and I had epoxy all over myself. What was I doing wrong?

10:30 D'oh! It would have been unbelievably easy to avoid this mess if I had taken a couple of minutes to read Elmo's original instructions again. Once I cleaned myself off and took a look, OF COURSE he said to put it in the clamp and THEN epoxy. I'm an idiot.

• 10:35 Took a minute to figure out how to work the clamp. This may seem obvious to you, but I am an idiot with no tools and no experience with clamps. But still no biggie.
  • 10:36 Set the 2 pieces in the clamp, mixed some more epoxy.
  • 10:38 Finished. I took a full two minutes to apply the epoxy because I know it’ll look better if it’s neat – but most people, it’ll take barely a minute.
  • 10:40 Cleaned off new epoxy from myself AGAIN. Threw away wrappers for hacksaw, clamp, etc.
  • 10:45 Everything done. Cleaning 100% complete. And now I waited.
And there ya go. 28 minutes, start to finish, nearly a full third of which is consumed by nothing other than me being an idiot.

I think I can do the next one in maybe half the time, and I’ll only need to spend half as much (just the adapter and the CU).

Since I started early-ish in the day, I maybe could have fired it up that night, but, lacking confidence in the outcome, waited until Sunday morning. Even with all my mistakes, it turned out PERFECT.

To get this vaguely back on topic, YES, for ME, the muzzmod made the Mighty TWO MILLION times better.

Others have said it, and I agree that the Mighty is the first vape to make all this practical. I actually hated my previous attempts, the Solo in particular. Too hot, too dry, left my voice so scorched even on the lowest temps that STRANGERS were asking me if I was okay. I also had to smoke way too many of the little bowls to feel anything.

I know that most (almost all?) more experienced weeders will find the stock Mighty to be such an improvement over their previous combusting/vaping that they won't feel moved to do this, or they might find the silicon adapter to do just fine. I really did want glass, though....anyway....

Mighty + muzzmod = cool, tasty, and me VERY quickly medicated. As a manic depressive schizophrenic, the emphasis is on "medicated"...but i have no doubt that every recreational user will also find the stock Mighty to be a vast improvement over their previous experiences, and will find the muzzmod to be a VASTER improvement.

AND affordable and painless. Just follow the directions, keep most of the epoxy off yourself, and it's a breeze.

IN CONCLUSION....

If you're thinking about the Mighty: don't hesitate any more. Do it.

If you're wondering about the muzzmod: DO IT.

Elmo, I really have to thank you, man. What a huge difference this has made for me. No kidding, I'm naming my next boy Elmo. If it's a girl, I'm naming her muzzmod.

Vaped? Why no, my friend. I'm IN MUZZMODE.

I'm familiar with Amazon Prime, I placed a lot of orders whie I was in the hospital and they say I've placed 46 orders in the past six months.

I appreciate those links and your commentary. I need a vise or something because I only have my left hand now.

When I "upgraded" to the Mighty I was left with two Crafty CU's, and have an extra Mighty CU because I bought a wear and tear kit. And I'm thinking of getting more glass.

Mangled Alaskan,

Delta3DStudios

Accessory Maker
Hey all!

Back with a quick preview of what I'm working on

I1NTwVz.png

A silicone sleeve which is designed to fit over the bottom half of the cooling unit. Simply unlock and detach the top half of the Cooling Unit, and slide this on top. No cutting, gluing or modification to your CU is necessary

Still tweaking the insides dimensions, but I'm hoping to conduct some testing later this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom