The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Marky

That's exactly how I purchased my Mighty. I put 34 hours on the Crafty, and really liked the stealth, but for my needs, it doesn't even come close to the holiness of the Mighty! IF I needed something ultra discrete though, the Crafty would be my first choice.

Nice. That's why I chose to keep my crafty and buy the mighty separately. My mighty will be my go to vape and the crafty will be used when I need the stealth. I was debating exchanging my crafty but I can still use it since the mighty is too big for certain situations.

-Mark

Jurkone

Storz & Bickel really should make a one-piece 18mm glass adapter even if it's all from CU material! Actually since that material is so inert, I think i'd actually prefer it over glass due to durability!

That Would be a really nice idea, in my oppinion. With that mouthpiece it's quite impossible to adapt it well to a bubbler or a bong, ans some users like me enjoy hydrating the vapor before inhaling it.

Its true too that the vapor it produces it's so smooth and cold that it's almost not need, but preferences are preferences :)

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
Man, the housing on the new mighty is starting to chip away, I've been treating it well too...
Does anybody know if S&B will repair for broken fins and pieces only? Last time I had err004 too

WakeAndVape,
Reactions: biohacker

lapsda00

Man, the housing on the new mighty is starting to chip away, I've been treating it well too...
Does anybody know if S&B will repair for broken fins and pieces only? Last time I had err004 too

oh no bad news. I think that SB says that till the unit is 100% function - if the vapor is delivered through the CU without any leakage they won´t replace the unit. But i am not sure :/

diddymao

aint no party like a diddy party
sent my two mightys
sent my two mightys back due to cracked fins on the first of august, got my replacement models a week later, s and b did me proud

skyvaper

@WakeAndVape you mean the new re enforced tank housing still chips!? I did not expect this seeing as it looks very sturdy. I wonder what the final fix will be? Im glad it does not compromise performance.

Maybe someone has touched on this but how is the vibration on the newer models? Mine is very hit or miss.

Not the biggest deal in the world but does the sticker on the latest model scratch up over time?

Vibration issues along with two missing fins and two cracked ones Im still not ready to part with my Mighty especially if Im simply getting a slightly heavier unit. Still love this thing!

skyvaper,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
@lapsda00 and @diddymao good looking, I will call them today.

@WakeAndVape you mean the new re enforced tank housing still chips!? I did not expect this seeing as it looks very sturdy. I wonder what the final fix will be? Im glad it does not compromise performance.

Maybe someone has touched on this but how is the vibration on the newer models? Mine is very hit or miss.

Not the biggest deal in the world but does the sticker on the latest model scratch up over time?

Vibration issues along with two missing fins and two cracked ones Im still not ready to part with my Mighty especially if Im simply getting a slightly heavier unit. Still love this thing!

They TOLD me they would send me the latest housing, but they gave me the original housing. So no its not the thicker one.
Thank god I got the crafty as a backup though!

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Guy's next week I'd of had my Mighty for 3 months, not a crack or anything on it. Minor bit of stress on the top fin, I'm talking MINOR like you can see that I push the CU on, but appears like everything is there.

I don't mean to point fingers, but maybe the issue is with the user? People who have had to send in countless Mighty's for problems/chips that is. My housing is not the new housing either, so I'd think it would be more susceptible. I've used it mostly everyday since I've had it, sometimes multiple times.

It's a great vape :) wish more people had success with the longevity of their units.

diddymao

strange, i got two brand new latest model units with the two min timer and reinforced tops? did you send it to germany or one of their north american repair shops?

diddymao,

biohacker

Guy's next week I'd of had my Mighty for 3 months, not a crack or anything on it. Minor bit of stress on the top fin, I'm talking MINOR like you can see that I push the CU on, but appears like everything is there.

I don't mean to point fingers, but maybe the issue is with the user? People who have had to send in countless Mighty's for problems/chips that is. My housing is not the new housing either, so I'd think it would be more susceptible. I've used it mostly everyday since I've had it, sometimes multiple times.

It's a great vape :) wish more people had success with the longevity of their units.

EXACTLY! I bought both my Mighty's on 4/20 and USE them well. I've been trail running with them in a cargo pocket, and i'm not super gentle with them, and they are both just like I bought them save for the scratches on the sticker. One of them has a cracked rib at the top, but I assume it's my own fault for not being gentler with them.

strange, i got two brand new latest model units with the two min timer and reinforced tops? did you send it to germany or one of their north american repair shops?

Good question! S&B needs some consistency!

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X

Well I use mine out the house alot, it travels in pockets and bags and gets heavy use. No drops. I've tried to isolate the behavior that causes the breaks....but with no success, my crafty is actually holding up (no broken fins)

But I'm sure it's 100% user caused, the fins aren't breaking themselves. The disappointment comes in at the point that this vape was $400+ and cand handle casual use without breaking

Meanwhile I paid $175 for the pax, it has survived numerous falls and a trip through the washing machine. I wish the units were more sturdy.

I sent it to Oakland...at that time though they told me they were unaware of the reinforced housing. There is definitely a break in their communication chain somewhere

diddymao

Good question! S&B needs some consistency!

yeah, im hearing that some people are getting replacements, others repairs, and some are getting charged.

I was fairly adamant that i wanted the new version, might have helped that i sent it to germany as well, they even paid for the courier to collect it

Last edited by a moderator:

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate
Check out vatra.com my LHS has a plush case/sleeve that I use to carry it in. Won't fit in a pocket, but easily carryable and provides a bit of safety.

I tend to use mine at home, but when I take it out I always use that case. Also I tend to let it cool prior to loading another, not fully, but 10 minutes or so at least.

Mainoffender

Sending to S and
yeah, im hearing that some people are getting replacements, others repairs, and some are getting charged.

I was fairly adamant that i wanted the new version, might have helped that i sent it to germany as well, they even paid for the courier to collect it

Sending to S and B Germany is probably why. Buying direct from S and B also helps. My story has no ending yet but here goes. Bought a Mighty locally and right away it was defective. Seems to have a mind of it's own and battery life is horrible (used to last 6 sessions, now down to 4). It sometimes works perfectly but never for long. It even shuts down when warming up to temp sometimes. Anyways the store I bought from was willing to exchange for another Mighty but needed confirmation from S and B they'd get credit when returning mine. I emailed S and B and 2 days later get a reply asking me to "take longer pulls". So I send another email with even more details and 2 days later I get copied on an email from S and B Germany to S and B America confirming that techs there say the Mighty needs replacing and to contact me to arrange an exchange. Finally getting somewhere right? Wrong! 4 days later still haven't been contacted. The store I bought from emailed to say they had spoken to S and B and they need to talk to me? Huh? So I call and after going through everything again I'm told they aren't convinced there's anything wrong with it and can I send a video? Not real comfortable doing that and by now I'm pissed anyways. So I bring up the problems with early production models (mine is one) and they insist there's never been any issues? No issues with fins, firmware, 1 minute cutoffs, nothing. Why they can't admit they're continually trying to improve their product is beyond me? I've read on other forums they're buried with Crafty/Mighty returns which might explain the slow email responses. The Vape Critic has a YouTube video speaking to the problems with S and B customer service since the Mighty/Crafty release. Having read most of this thread it seems some of the earlier versions are fine. Mine actually works beautifully sometimes but that's not very often. Waiting to get my Haze back from service and once I do I'll return my Mighty for service (Canadians don't qualify for return shipping labels by the way). It'll then be a backup to my Haze. If you want to know about how real customer service should work read the last few pages of that thread.

Mainoffender,

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
Got my replacement mighty back today the third in under a year lol , this time it was the power button and casing cracked around top fins, got it back with the reinforced fins and 2 min timer etc direct from germany, well happy again and so is the wife as its her fav :):leaf: took about 10 days in total so pretty good and they sent ups to pick up so no postage :tup:

diddymao

Got my replacement mighty back today the third in under a year lol , this time it was the power button and casing cracked around top fins, got it back with the reinforced fins and 2 min timer etc direct from germany, well happy again and so is the wife as its her fav :):leaf: took about 10 days in total so pretty good and they sent ups to pick up so no postage :tup:
are you in the uk? sounds similar to what happened with me

Marky

SB shipped my mighty overnight mail with saturday delivery. Looks like Saturday delivery is normal practice for them now although their site states they don't deliver on Saturdays. I'm glad I will be getting it tomorrow :)

I hope mine won't have this housing issue some are having....

-Mark

RastaVapa

HomeGrownLogs UK log maker
Manufacturer
are you in the uk? sounds similar to what happened with me

Yeah first time was because I somehow threw it across the room and they only charged me 50 for a replacement then :tup:

SB shipped my mighty overnight mail with saturday delivery. Looks like Saturday delivery is normal practice for them now although their site states they don't deliver on Saturdays. I'm glad I will be getting it tomorrow :)

I hope mine won't have this housing issue some are having....

-Mark

I was a bit pissed about the flimsy housing as the last two both cracked within a month even before I ruined the last but this more beefed up top fins and extra supports make this the last problem I had with it sorted really , well happy with it , it also seems to have changed software as it now runs a few degrees hotter and recovers quicker after a draw plus it over shoots at first up to about five degrees I just had it at 415 for a moment just now ..... :leaf:

diddymao

ditto, the improvements they have made to the newer model has turbo charged it, i seem to be getting bigger hits, but that could just be my inner fan boy

Marky

Yea my crafty jumps up 5° more and it heats up while I'm taking a draw so it stays at the set temp or even above it while your inhaling. I love it and I'm glad the mighty is the same.

-Mark

Top Bottom