The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Michel

Please elaborate on the minivap! :lol:Lol
:lmao:

The more I use this amazing device, the better it gets. Does anyone else find that with a little effort, you can really get lots of clouds and plenty of efficiency (from 356 to 380, it's all smooth and powerful, in my experience so far)?

If I have a "complaint", it's that it can seem a bit "dry". I have a feeling it's my inhalation method, and I have not gotten it down yet. Any suggestions?

You could try to load the bowl tighter with a finer grind and/or vape at higher temps to get a better "hot air to vapor ratio". your temp range seems good to me, so it could be grind or used material. Do you vape cured bud? Personally I prefer really dense vapor with less hot air and a rather short inhalation. More comfortable to the throat and lungs. Just imo, hope this helps.

:peace:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
:lmao:

You could try to load the bowl tighter with a finer grind and/or vape at higher temps to get a better "hot air to vapor ratio". your temp range seems good to me, so it could be grind or used material. Do you vape cured bud? Personally I prefer really dense vapor with less hot air and a rather short inhalation. More comfortable to the throat and lungs. Just imo, hope this helps.

:peace:

Great advice, THANK YOU!!!

The material used is the best I can get in NYC area (very wet, huge smell, potent as hell). I've been curing (and by that do you mean grinding and than leaving on a piece of paper to dry out?), but probably not grinding fine enough (trying to conserve). I'll give this all a shot on the next bowl.

I smoked for 40 years, so clouds do have an affect (even if placebo), but heat and coughing are what I'm trying to get away from. I like to sip, even did that with doobs. I guess I'm finding my way around this beautiful instrument.

Thanks,
Mike

Bravesst,
Reactions: Michel

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
This is the problem. Your material was probably cut early and not cured correctly if you are receiving it wet. Greedy growers do this all the time. You can grind it and dry it out but some additional cure and age would probably be of benefit.

It's funny, wet bud always rolled up and smoked better, joints burned evenly (I'm a fanatic roller). Dry, dusty weed would canoe, burn quickly, I never considered wet to be bad and "not cured". Any advice on how to cure?

And when I say wet, I mean "sticky"... you know you have resins on your fingers when handling it.

Bravesst,
Reactions: Michel

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Any advice on how to cure?
Conversations on cultivation are against the rules of this forum and is off topic for this thread. I get properly cured medicine here in Oregon and trust me, its not the sticky crap I used to get on the east coast as a kid. A proper cure won't be like that. The resinous parts dry as well during a proper cure. How it burns in a joint is irrelevant.

Last edited:

Michel

I like to sip, even did that with doobs.
This could be already a good technique to avoid a "dry" throat. Takes more time to finish a bowl but works very well. When drawing long and directly into your lungs, perhaps try to draw under your tongue or on your teeths. This also can avoid the harsh feeling in the throat.

Just let your bud dry for better and less harsh clouds. More information about this can easily found elsewhere.

Last edited:

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
Conversations on cultivation are against the rules of this forum and is off topic for this thread. I get properly cured medicine here in Oregon and trust me, its not the sticky crap I used to get on the east coast as a kid. A proper cure won't be like that. The resinous parts dry as well during a proper cure. How it burns in a joint is irrelevant.

T-Dub, unfortunately, I'm not in Oregon. I get the best possible material I can get, pay top dollar for it in NYC. It's not something I have a choice about. Calling someone's meds, which have been helping with tremendously with PTSD, "sticky crap", is not necessary. These meds have helped me, not crap.

I'm trying to get my product to perform better in the Mighty, how is that off topic?

Fightra

Is the battery moving inside the mighty when u shake or is it just mine? Hope it won't break lol.
Btw I was wondering if it's possible to get your vaporizer confiscated when you try to send it over border to guarantee even if cleaned well with ISO?

Fightra,

WakeAndVape

VapeLife X
T-Dub, unfortunately, I'm not in Oregon. I get the best possible material I can get, pay top dollar for it in NYC. It's not something I have a choice about. Calling someone's meds, which have been helping with tremendously with PTSD, "sticky crap", is not necessary. These meds have helped me, not crap.

I'm trying to get my product to perform better in the Mighty, how is that off topic?
I'd say let them sit out for a sec (or couple hours), or if you do want to vape it sticky, start at a lower temp...it will lag on the clouds until the bud is dry, once it is, it will produce bigger clouds...but not taste as good
For me it's more of a hassle to grind when it's moist and the material clumps a little
Is the battery moving inside the mighty when u shake or is it just mine? Hope it won't break lol.
Btw I was wondering if it's possible to get your vaporizer confiscated when you try to send it over border to guarantee even if cleaned well with ISO?
It's possible but unlikely that your vape will get confiscated...I'm mailing mine today with no clean...I'll report back and the battery shaking think is normal depending on which model you got

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
I'd say let them sit out for a sec (or couple hours), or if you do want to vape it sticky, start at a lower temp...it will lag on the clouds until the bud is dry, once it is, it will produce bigger clouds...but not taste as good
For me it's more of a hassle to grind when it's moist and the material clumps a little

It's possible but unlikely that your vape will get confiscated...I'm mailing mine today with no clean...I'll report back and the battery shaking think is normal depending on which model you got

Grind first before leaving out (dry faster)? It's a bit of hassle to grind, but buds will grind ok with a bit of effort.

Bravesst,

ean

Mine also does the same, I guess it is the first editions of the mighty with this problem. If it is too much of an annoyance to you, S&B will happily take your unit and give you the most updated version. I have had no issues with it so far after about a month or 2 of use, so I have not sent mine in yet.

Fightra

Why would they replace a working unit? I hope I get a reason to replace it within 2 years tho haha..

Fightra,

HellsWindStaff

Dharma Initiate

T-Dub is an old head, I don't think he was referring to your specific meds as crap (there is some very top shelf weed in NYC......for a hefty $), just that he lived on the east coast at one point in time and his weed that is medically grown out west is cured properly, compared to the stuff he used to smoke.

Also he's just saying its off topic and against forum rules to ask against cultivation technique's which, curing would be if you were growing. If you just need to dry your bud out a bit, leave the jar open :)

vapeppau

I haven't been down here in a while, but would just like to chime in with my views after using my mighty everyday for the last 2 months and suffice to say its working just as well as when I got it. Been heating up the same speed and I still haven't found the need to use the pass through charging even when chilling with 2 other heavy vaping friends. Ive been diligently following someone's advise here on FC to charge up the battery after it cools down after use and I think it does help the battery coz I used to drain my craftys battery all the way then charge it up completely and its battery's are pretty shot. However the mights battery does slow down as you drain the battery, the last two markedly slower. If only we could have removable batteries, and a bit speeded up heater I think it would be my primary chill and pass around type mainly coz that cooling chamber really works, especially for occasional vaping friends. I myself can't wait for the GH to supplement my mighty ( should provide the mighty a nice longevity boost :D) where hoppy is doing the one hitting that I mostly need and that fast charge up should allow sneeky rips. I wouldn't mind the heat of the vapour, its the trade off I guess.

All in all very happy with this beast, and when ever people balk at its price, I remind them you can't place a price on fucking combustion ;)

radiant34

im in nyc here too. can confirm nothing really too great around here. i usually get a gram for 10 but it's eh mids stuff. the good stuff around here is $60 an eigth and thats if u know someone

radiant34,

Bravesst

Full Steam Ahead
Manufacturer
T-Dub is an old head, I don't think he was referring to your specific meds as crap (there is some very top shelf weed in NYC......for a hefty $), just that he lived on the east coast at one point in time and his weed that is medically grown out west is cured properly, compared to the stuff he used to smoke.

Also he's just saying its off topic and against forum rules to ask against cultivation technique's which, curing would be if you were growing. If you just need to dry your bud out a bit, leave the jar open :)
Thanks for clearing that up, After some research, i realize my bud is cured pretty well. I'm getting the most high end stuff I can. Basically good stuff goes for 3 to 4 per z. I got a few great connections, buying a couple of z's at a time.

FUnny, I'm an 'old head' as well. Started smoking on the streets of Brooklyn in 1974.

radiant34

Thanks for clearing that up, After some research, i realize my bud is cured pretty well. I'm getting the most high end stuff I can. Basically good stuff goes for 3 to 4 per z. I got a few great connections, buying a couple of z's at a time.

FUnny, I'm an 'old head' as well. Started smoking on the streets of Brooklyn in 1974.

Where from Brooklyn? I'm in bay ridge heh

radiant34,

shredder

Too bad he needs an apologist! But no one broke any rule, let's move on.

im in nyc here too. can confirm nothing really too great around here. i usually get a gram for 10 but it's eh mids stuff. the good stuff around here is $60 an eigth and thats if u know someone

Like Horace Greeley said, " go west young man"

shredder,
Reactions: Bravesst

kahlilhc

Vaped Crusader/Serial Vapist
Would anyone be able to give me the specs of the mighty charger? Managed to forget mine on an out of town trip:doh:, got some back up though. TIA

kahlilhc,

Stinky

Would anyone be able to give me the specs of the mighty charger? Managed to forget mine on an out of town trip:doh:, got some back up though. TIA

Input: 100-240Vac, 1.0-0.5A, 50-60hz
Output: 12V-3.0A

Is what my 230 Volt Aussie unit says.

Stinky,
Reactions: kahlilhc
Top Bottom