The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

Vaporcussion

I'm starting to doubt that there is a sensor for when you are inhaling. (The Pax had that, I believe) I think Mighty/Crafty just shut off after 2 min regardless. Has anyone been able to stop the shut off by simply drawing hard?

Vaporcussion,

vapviking

Old & In the Way
Yeah mine does this too sometimes. It means your not inhaling hard enough for the Mighty to recognize you're using the device.

You can either inhale harder or, if you don't prefer inhaling harder, just press the power button once in a while. This will reset the auto shut-off timer.
Another easy method of extending the shutoff is to hit either the up or the down temp setting button briefly, to change the setting by even one degree will reset the shutoff timer, with no wear on the on/off switch (which has, in the past been finicky).

I'm starting to doubt that there is a sensor for when you are inhaling. (The Pax had that, I believe) I think Mighty/Crafty just shut off after 2 min regardless. Has anyone been able to stop the shut off by simply drawing hard?
I don't think it ever had a draw sensor, per se. It's speculation, but I think the detection was of a quick drop in temp. caused by your draw.

HushemFlupskluk

I've been dicking around with temp readings in my vapes and it's the Mighty's turn. I ran a probe down the stem, through the cooling unit and into a dosing capsule packed with abv. Set it to 390 and turned it on. For this first graph I decided to let it sit and see how long it took it to stop climbing after the display read 390. It keeps climbing since the probe is in the bowl and the Mighty is reading the heater below. This isn't very real life, mostly a 'let it sit' followed by three hits. The hits start when the curve starts climbing up and drops after that. By hits, I mean using a pump to draw air through the system. Later I'll get better at the air flow estimating what we as humans do. For now, though, I think the pump is a bit strong. The chart may change later when I make this adjustment. Here it is:

5fffwmD.jpg

The following graph is more real life, as I started the simulated draws once it reached 390 like I always do. The bowl increased in temp until stabilizing just a couple of degrees below set, and then would drop when the draw stopped.

e9VHjrW.jpg

The bowl read near 290 when I started the first draw, and the temp quickly climbed to 370 and stabilized until I quit the draw, at which point it dropped to around 350 to rest until the next hit. The next four draws are repeats, but with the high and low temps increasing slightly each hit. On the fifth and final draw I let the pump go for a long time just to see. The Mighty was able to keep up, not even dropping 20 degrees in total.
Good work buddy!

HushemFlupskluk,

analytika

I have a brand new mighty. It doesn't shut off for three minutes I believe, unattended, and never turns off if I am periodically inhaling. (And I don't do milkshake draws). Exactly as S&B claims. I don't believe it's a draw or inhalation sensor, it's detecting rapid reductions in measured heat, which occur in a typical draw, triggering longer reheat cycles. that's seems to reset the timer, at least in the latest rev. Also liking the new boost mode.

Last edited:

MrDot

I have a brand new mighty. It doesn't shut off for three minutes I believe, unattended, and never turns off if I am periodically inhaling. (And I don't do milkshake draws). Exactly as S&B claims. I don't believe it's a draw or inhalation sensor, it's detecting rapid reductions in measured heat, which occur in a typical draw, triggering longer reheat cycles. that's seems to reset the timer, at least in the latest rev. Also liking the new boost mode.

I bought my Mighty 2 weeks ago and confirm all of the above.

Baron23

Yeah, somewhere I read it was a five degree F drop that reset the timer...but I can't swear to that.

Baron23,

Whissmu

today is the arrival of my Mighty RMA :clap:, I am eager to discover my new vape :bang:, I read here -> there have been several changes in the device since I bought it 2 years ago :o!

... while i filling capsules for your arrived :rofl:!!

Whissmu

*sorry FC I can not edit my previous message, merge into one only please*

my mighty arrived !! :clap:

more pleasant surprises :o, they sent me a whole unit, now I have duplicate parts and accessories :o!!

I have received a strorz & bickel service impossible to overcome :rockon: !!

I have to spend time with him to see it calmly and discover new features :sherlock:!

image.jpg

image.jpg

CheebaChiefer

I received the same outcome when recently returning a Crafty. They provided a complete brand new retail box/kit & the Crafty was the new extended 20% capacity battery model. You also gain a cu as they ask you not to return that part. My one and only interaction w/ S&B and it was flawless if not a rapid process.

vapviking

Old & In the Way
I received the same outcome when recently returning a Crafty. They provided a complete brand new retail box/kit & the Crafty was the new extended 20% capacity battery model. You also gain a cu as they ask you not to return that part. My one and only interaction w/ S&B and it was flawless if not a rapid process.
My early Crafty was replaced 3 times, then when #4 failed I upgraded to a Mighty for the difference in retail price (I think it was US $90?). Each time a complete set arrived. I wound up with loads of extra stuff! I'm using the charge adapters for lots of my usb devices these days!
I love S&B service performance - even though they did make me pay $60 on #3 RMA, supposedly for going over the allowed number of charge cycles. That seemed unfair, since it did not have excessive hours on it and my habits were the same for all of the Crafty's. Still, I'm a very happy guy with this company.

passenger

is this thing on?
Yes, stellar service, i totally agree.
By the way, my new Mighty can do 12 capsules with a complete Battery load @ 185°C. Seems standard?

passenger,

mixchu69

Damn. Purchased an early mighty when it retailed $469 and batteries only give about 4-5 sessions now. I asked for a battery replacement, expecting a $100+ battery upgrade. They actually replied batteries are not compatible and need to pay $249 for a new unit by returning mine.

I love my mighty but I can pay $280 for a new one at vapeworld. Mighty is my favorite portable, but I've been recently getting screwed by this industry ( purchased 2 pax pods that were tainted) and feel that I should pay that $100 for batteries since I paid full retail close to $500 with tax. Shouldn't they support early adopters?

What do u guys think? I'm thinking purchasing a new mighty from vapeworld or change it up to a solo 2 because I feel S&B screwed me.

MinnBobber

Damn. Purchased an early mighty when it retailed $469...

Being an early adapter has it's ups and downs. The downs include missing out on a later price reduction and/or upgrades in later versions.

Just be glad you didn't buy an early miniVAP at $900. I think I bought when it took a huge drop to $590?? It's lower now but I'm thankful I bought when I did.

Just be thankful the new Mighty price is awesome price and you're getting an awesome vape.

MinnBobber,
Reactions: mixchu69

analytika

Damn. Purchased an early mighty when it retailed $469 and batteries only give about 4-5 sessions now. I asked for a battery replacement, expecting a $100+ battery upgrade. They actually replied batteries are not compatible and need to pay $249 for a new unit by returning mine.

I love my mighty but I can pay $280 for a new one at vapeworld. Mighty is my favorite portable, but I've been recently getting screwed by this industry ( purchased 2 pax pods that were tainted) and feel that I should pay that $100 for batteries since I paid full retail close to $500 with tax. Shouldn't they support early adopters?

What do u guys think? I'm thinking purchasing a new mighty from vapeworld or change it up to a solo 2 because I feel S&B screwed me.
Considering so many reports of sweet treatment of less early adopters, I think you're getting a raw deal.

Whissmu

I have barely been able to spend the load with which I arrive at my house from S & B and I have detected an abnormality in my mighty ,,, if at 181C I press twice on the on button it jumps to 191C (my settings) when it vibrates I raise the temperature to 191C and pulse again twice the on bonton jumps 201C and if try lower the temperature does not lower more than 192C turn off and on and if it allows you to lower the temperature below 192C! is something that does not !

someone can report something about it?

Whissmu,

MonkeyTime

Considering so many reports of sweet treatment of less early adopters, I think you're getting a raw deal.

I'm leaning heavily your way also.

@mixchu69 Can I ask, was this the US S&B or EU?

The US seems to be more inconsistent, or at least that was my old impression. I've had nothing but stellar CS from the US office, well beyond what I was due. I'm sorry to hear you're not getting the same satisfaction. I'm also surprised they didn't offer you an upgrade....

mixchu69

It is U.S. the Oakland office.

Edit: I agree. I think EU laws favor the consumer more frequently

mixchu69,

Jack_72

It is U.S. the Oakland office.

Edit: I agree. I think EU laws favor the consumer more frequently
I am not saying that the US distribution is not customer friendly cause I do not know them but the German head office seems to even do better than just following national / EU laws. In my case they exchanged my broken Dec '16 unit by a new one although it was mainly broken by my own fault (dropped it on the ground and fell into water once eacj) and the warranty already had expired.

Thumbs up for S&B, you really get what you pay for, maybe even more than that :) !

simplywonderful

@MrDot ,
I generally just set it to 195c about 400f and forget it
sometimes i like to play with the temps :I :love: 167c 333f
Pre heat? It's up to you see if you like it
I also use the capsules for a cleaner bowl
The mighty has been a reliable unit for me for 2+ years
never any trouble. I don't use it as much as I use to but I feel it is one of the best.

@Whissmu , they do take care of you really well
I've returned a few Crafties(which is a killer) when working
hi Any rma with the mighty? :)
you said it is one of the best, what are others in your opinion?
My early Crafty was replaced 3 times, then when #4 failed I upgraded to a Mighty for the difference in retail price (I think it was US $90?). Each time a complete set arrived. I wound up with loads of extra stuff! I'm using the charge adapters for lots of my usb devices these days!
I love S&B service performance - even though they did make me pay $60 on #3 RMA, supposedly for going over the allowed number of charge cycles. That seemed unfair, since it did not have excessive hours on it and my habits were the same for all of the Crafty's. Still, I'm a very happy guy with this company.
That was rude of them, I mean how did they knew? my charger broke and it was turning the charging on and off, so I believe it must added huge amounts of charge cycles.

Does somebody please know if the quality of plastic housing was improved in newer model ? It says 20% more battery but Im more worried about the chipping of plastic around the area of chamber

mdaydzzy

Hi everyone. Bought a mighty a couple weeks ago and I have been loving it. Only other vaporiser I've used was a da vinchi ascent which doesn't have anything on this machine. Problem is, yesterday I had error 002 and today I've had 002 and then 004. I've tested it since and let it run up to 200c and it seems to be OK however I haven't used it yet.

Reading the manual it says I should contact S&B as the unit is faulty however I'm not sure if others have had these errors and the device be fine since?

I don't really want to go through the process of sending it to them after I just got it or the retailer for a replacement as I worried now I'm going to have a lot of issues with the mighty.

mdaydzzy,

simplywonderful

Hi everyone. Bought a mighty a couple weeks ago and I have been loving it. Only other vaporiser I've used was a da vinchi ascent which doesn't have anything on this machine. Problem is, yesterday I had error 002 and today I've had 002 and then 004. I've tested it since and let it run up to 200c and it seems to be OK however I haven't used it yet.

Reading the manual it says I should contact S&B as the unit is faulty however I'm not sure if others have had these errors and the device be fine since?

I don't really want to go through the process of sending it to them after I just got it or the retailer for a replacement as I worried now I'm going to have a lot of issues with the mighty.

Maybe you got a lemon, was your box whitish color or blue + orange? contact your retailer. Its the best move, maybe you wont even need to send it

I checked out this new M and oh my it is beautiful. Correct me If Im wrong but it seems to me that, haptic feedback/vibration is located more towards the upper parts of the unit and it is much more subtle vibration. The whole part around the chamber was improved to stainless steel from aluminum which was used before(now it looks like a fuckin mirror shining in its all majesty. :D the locking mechanism of the housing seems to be improved, the mouthpiece clicks... heatuptimes seems the same. The auto turn off seems to be highly improved in its draw sensitivity. Package advertises 20% + battery +1up one capsule, hopefully the sturdiness of the plastic housing is improved. The seal around the chamber seems little bit different. I all did in vape critics voice in my head :D

I wonder if somebody would make portable vape with same heating element as that one used in herbalizer :D

Top Bottom