The Mighty/Mighty+ by Storz & Bickel

MinnBobber

Now that you've identified a repeatable problem, how are you approaching the solution?
I think it's time for him to step up to the biker chain wallet. No more lost Mighty ;)
m_58e15dded14d7b762708f5a6.jpg

I just went out to make a purchase then roll around the neighborhood a little for some fresh air and blue skies. When I got home, I noticed there was not a portable vape in the large pocket on my right thigh. Not cool; I didn't even use the Mighty while I was out. But while I was out, I did cover at least half a mile of sidewalks; probably more like 3/4 of a mile.

Once I realized my Mighty was missing, I thought about where I may have used my chair's tilt feature, while hurrying back toward everywhere I had just been at 6 miles an hour. When I say tilt, I don't mean recline. I mean my whole body rotates. Which puts the top of my pocket below the bottom of my pocket.

Even though I tend to keep my chair pretty well tilted while cruising, I could only remember one spot where I had tilted the chair significantly, maybe a quarter of a mile from home, so I headed there. When I got there, Mighty was right there beside the path/sidewalk, which thankfully doesn't get used much.

I'm very lucky to still have my brand new Mighty.
man Im so happy that you found it !

Anybody got any tips for mighty portable case? I bought the camera case which one member recommended here (the one who likes to ride vehicle at farm with the companion of the mighty ), its quite big and deep for portable holds filling aid and all the other tools in second compartment :D but maybe I found different model.

Aimless Ryan

Came to read about grinders; fucked combustion
Nice ending, Ryan. Sometimes good things happen to good people.

Must have dropped upon soft ground and not cement. No splits, chips?

Now that you've identified a repeatable problem, how are you approaching the solution? Fanny pack worn at front, or sling bag, something with zipper and strap? And, do you feel naughty vaping in your chair out of the house? :) Inquiring minds want to know.
Thanks. Yeah, I think it fell onto grass. Seems to be in good shape. I think I'll use it now to find out.

Since I always wear REI Sahara convertible pants (shorts), today's routine should be safe in the future as long as I remember to secure the Velcro part on the pocket toting the Mighty. I'm surprised I didn't already do that. It's probably because I've been forced to take gabapentin again, which makes me stupid.

Aimless Ryan

And, do you feel naughty vaping in your chair out of the house? :) Inquiring minds want to know.
I must have missed that part.

I don't know yet if I feel naughty. I don't know if it looks the same as the other kind of vaping (even though I've spent a lot of time hanging out at that kind of vape shop/lounge and have used that kind of vape a couple times). But my memory suggests it looks quite different.

It feels weird because I have used the Mighty near the stoplight outside my condo complex, where I can easily be seen by people stopping at red lights. I back off some distance from the stoplight, but I still always feel a little awkward. Doesn't help that my peripheral vision is crap (from optic neuritis in my left eye).

At this point I don't feel any real need to use it in public, but I'm sure there will come a time when it will be just what I need. And when that time comes, hopefully it will be right there in my right thigh pocket.

EDIT: I suspect I may be incapable of feeling naughty about harmless things like vaping. When you're lucky not to get seriously injured or killed every time you move, you stop worrying about meaningless things like being seen taking medicine. I'd love to see a cop fuck with me about it. Especially considering they all know I'm the guy who exercises on the bridge and tries really hard to become less crippled, and some of them know what they did to me already.

Last edited:

vapviking

Old & In the Way
At this point I don't feel any real need to use it in public, but I'm sure there will come a time when it will be just what I need. And when that time comes, hopefully it will be right there in my right thigh pocket.

EDIT: I suspect I may be incapable of feeling naughty about harmless things like vaping. When you're lucky not to get seriously injured or killed every time you move, you stop worrying about meaningless things like being seen taking medicine. I'd love to see a cop fuck with me about it. Especially considering they all know I'm the guy who exercises on the bridge and tries really hard to become less crippled, and some of them know what they did to me already.
I believe it was put to song quite well,

"Fuck The Police!"
...well most of them, anyway.

Or am I in the wrong thread for that?

ChooChooCharlie

@Aimless Ryan - Good to hear you don't currently need to medicate while out of the house. No need to poke the hornet's nest. Especially without good peripheral vision. I miss walks in the woods back East, find a quiet spot to enjoy the Mighty's cool and relaxing session style. Best enjoyed without the glances of other eyeballs, especially the eyes of smokey the bear. But, I'm certainly glad and thankful that the bears are protecting sheep like me from the wolves. Kinda like booze -- can't live with it, can't live without it.

Do any CU cleaning yet? Hope your hands can deal with it. Having spare CUs to swap is handy.

Aimless Ryan

Do any CU cleaning yet? Hope your hands can deal with it. Having spare CUs to swap is handy.

No. But I'm glad you asked. Because I was kind of curious how you take it apart. I figured out the thing on the top of the CU, but I couldn't figure out how to get the CU apart. So I loaded it, then watched Vape Critic do it, and he took off the mouthpiece first.

I haven't finished the loaded bowl yet. Does the mouthpiece need to come off first? I am a little afraid to take off the mouthpiece, due to my stupid hands and weakness. I worry about breaking something.

EDIT: I just did a mini session near the bridge in this video. Feels much more comfortable here since there is no reason for anyone to stop their car, and because I can blend into the scenery. However, my load was pretty much done before I started. So I'm going to go back home and load another bowl. Might grab my tripod, too.

Last edited:

ChooChooCharlie

The cleaning vids are good to watch. Of course, look at the S&B manual.

Nice to know what to expect, how the parts fit together.

Your fear of breaking something - eh, screw it, pretty tough plastic. I've broken a few bits off mouthpieces, they have six tiny springy tabs. If you rotate the mouthpiece half way around, seems I can get a better grip to pull it up and out, and better angle to replace it. My impatience and tremors impede my success, but even the mouthpieces with a missing tooth work fine.

Good to understand how the two pieces fit, how that oval tab is part of the lower half, how that sliding hologramish piece locks into that oval tab. Always nice to understand the architecture before trying to force things. S&B tells you to remove the sliding hologramish piece, and this is the most vulnerable to damage. I've snapped off plastic bits from these. Now I slide it back to unlock the oval post, but don't remove it completely. When you reassemble the two halves, make sure the sliding piece is slid back to allow oval post to emerge.

Don't get hung up trying to remove and replace the 0-rings. Not worth the effort, IMO. The medium o-ring around the base of the oval post can be troublesome. It needs to be positioned low on the post, to avoid it being clipped/snipped by the locking hologram.

I recommend the vape cleaning equivalent of sous vide, but please be careful. Depending on your own self-eval of dexterity and general words of heads-up caution with isopropyl alcohol and heat, you may be safer with the q-tip scraping method shown in the youtube vids and manual? Safety first. And, the CU scraping reclaimers out there will hunt me down for suggesting iso.

You are getting fancy with the picture-in-picture video editing. I can barely string a cogent sentence together. Keep strong, and keep a sense of humor if possible. :)

hey !
How long could I soak the caps in iso ? would it somehow change the properties of aluminum? or start rustiing or releasing some toxic stuff? Its there in a jar for about day or two, hope I did not f up, all the cups are there. :D

blablablabla,

Vitolo

Vaporist
hey !
How long could I soak the caps in iso ? would it somehow change the properties of aluminum? or start rustiing or releasing some toxic stuff? Its there in a jar for about day or two, hope I did not f up, all the cups are there. :D
Rinse it all off with dish soap with warm water then rinse well with plain water, and hold firmly (DO NOT LET GO) the moist pieces, and dry them at the nozzle of a shop vac.

Rinse it all off with dish soap with warm water then rinse well with plain water, and hold firmly (DO NOT LET GO) the moist pieces, and dry them at the nozzle of a shop vac.
good tip, thank you will do it another time, do you think that iso might changed the properties of aluminum? or somehow damaged it, released toxic stuff?

blablablabla,
No.
Aluminum is one metal that shows it's damage easily, through pitting or discoloration.
It is my opinion that your aluminum is safe.
Great, just rinsed and its drying already :) they dont seems discolored or damaged :) thx for the tip, did you tried both methods iso/soap? which one do you think its better

Used2use

Sometimes to stupid to become a fool
Do it the way that feels natural to you.
In this video I do it in the air and once on the table for support.

it is much easier if you let the CU screwed in on the mighty, just push back the hologram lock and pull the CU top of the whole mighty - much better leverage and grip ;)
the mouthpiece doesnt need much cleaning, i barely take it off

Vitolo

Vaporist
you tried both methods iso/soap? which one do you think its better
See video at http://fuckcombustion.com/threads/silver-surfer-vaporizer.2/page-99#post-4484
I use both ... for everything
Iso, then dish soap and water , followed by a vacuum.
(except in any area that would be endangered by water contact... for example in the actual oven of the Solo I would use an Iso q-tip.
In the oven of the mighty and even lighter Iso q-tip (IF NEEDED- I have not seen need or reason for this)

MinnBobber

@Aimless Ryan ,
did you see in your video the two cop cars that went by?? Just kidding.

Note that taking apart the CU the first time, that big blue gasket really sticks/holds the unit together.
It gets easier on subsequent attempts. Rock it sideways, back and forth, to slowly work it out.
Also, taking a cue from the VapCap and its tiny gaskets, I lube my Mighty O-rings with a little natural coconut oil--tiny smear.
IMO, just breaking it into two pieces, like in the @Vitolo vid, is all that's ever needed.

I also think you do not need to get into ISO alcohol cleanings as that's nasty liquid to work with. Dawn dish soap has great. ISO with unsteady hands is not a good combo...
oil/grease cutting ability that gets out the cannabis vape oils, without the worry.

As long as you are not trying to reclaim the CU oils, you should be able to work out a technique that works.
Let us know how it goes.

Top Bottom