Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Foster said:
Question-

I have had my magic flight for around 6 months, and there is a tear in the middle of the screen. My question is, will i receive a new model magic flight (ball clasp) or the one that i have now?

Obviously I am grateful for their customer service, so although i would prefer the new model, I am just thankful they have such awesome service, and dont have to buy a new one altogether.
You will get the latest model as a warranty replacement from MF.

:peace:

Stu,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
lwien: If your LB can't reach combustion temperatures with a newly charged battery then either you have a cold-running LB (eligible to be replaced under warranty) or your batteries are crap.

As for the coughing, I'd assume that has to do with the length of the vapour path, which is virtually non-existent when you're hitting it native. Do you use a stem?

Foster: You'll get the newest version.

pakalolo,

lwien

Stu said:
Use an empty PD stem with the LB (might be kinda tough holding them together) and see if makes a difference. Maybe the PD stem cools the vapor more than you think? :shrug:

I have the exact same problem with my LB, so it hardly ever gets any use these days.

Good idea. I'll give that a shot just to see if that's the problem but holding them together while pushing in the batt? I think I may need another hand. Either that or a few more fingers, lol.

lwien,

Gonzo

Slightly Stoopid
I too cough excessively when using my MF. Like someone else said, so much so that I have not used it in months. When I first purchased it I used it everyday but after getting my first log vape it has barely seen action. Every hit is extremely irritating to my lungs and throat now, and this was not the case before.

Gonzo,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
sfld said:
Anyone care to chime in on the imedions?

Sorry, I missed that. You can use them without charging, they just won't last quite as long. Nothing to worry about.

pakalolo,

lwien

pakalolo said:
lwien: If your LB can't reach combustion temperatures with a newly charged battery then either you have a cold-running LB (eligible to be replaced under warranty) or your batteries are crap.

As for the coughing, I'd assume that has to do with the length of the vapour path, which is virtually non-existent when you're hitting it native. Do you use a stem?

Foster: You'll get the newest version.

Oh, maybe a bit of a misunderstanding. I have no doubt that I "could" reach combustion temps with the LB. I was just mentioning that I didn't reach near combustion temps when I cough so as to eliminate answers that I may be vaping at too high of a temp, and yes, I do use the stem.

I think this is different than the vapor being too hot. Could be wrong though. Reason why I say that is twofold. One, is that when I filled my bong with water that was wayyy too hot, and I hit my PD through it, the heat in my lungs was noticeable as heat. I didn't cough, but it felt really hot and uncomfortable in my lungs. Secondly, when I use to combust using my protopipe, it got really hot and when it did, not only did I cough, but I also felt an intense burning in the back of my throat, which I don't get with the LB.

I do hope that it's just heat though and nothing more that may be of concern.

I was really excited when I got the LB but due to the coughing issue, I no longer use it but instead, use the PD exclusively getting bigger hits with much less lung distress but I really wish this wasn't the case 'cause as a portable, it's just so damn convenient.

lwien,

sessnet

Noob Saibot
My 2 ft whip doesn't seem to help much at all with my coughing off the MFLB.

What's interesting is I can take huge hits off blunts and bongs and just smack my lips with no cough, while my friends choke/cough like crazy! However the MFLB has somehow found my Achilles Lung!

sessnet,

Ville23

sydnee said:
Will this bong work with the MF WPA?
For only a few bucks more, ice is always a nice option ;)

The WPA fits any standard 14mm taper or you can also just get an adapter if needed.

Ville23,

al bundy

Vaporist
lwien said:
Why is it that I cough like crazy while hardly seeing any exhaled vapor thru the LB but when I use my PD, I blow out huge clouds without even a hint of wanting to cough?

Coughing is a sign of lungs under distress, so I'm really curious as to why this is happening. One thing to mention. I am not getting anywhere near to combustion with the LB. As a matter of fact, I get closer to combustion temps when using the PD.

Kinda odd. Wonder what's going here. I think I've asked this before, but I don't think I got an answer.

I think it's because the grind is so fine that,especially when you break up the partial vapid weed from the box and put it back in the weed is getting past the screen,
I'm in Fla for the week and brought my LB (and a half oz on the plane from ny no problem)
and I'm already coughing up light brown.
Never did that with my No2,Zap or Extreme Q.

al bundy,

MM..Food

vape enthusiast
Just got a shorty purple heart stem from Ed and I'm loving it! It may just be my new favorite stem. :)

MM..Food,

sydnee

Vaporus Majorus
Ville23 said:
sydnee said:

The WPA fits any standard 14mm taper or you can also just get an adapter if needed.

I'm kind of a noob, so....does the ice go in those notches?

sydnee,
sydnee said:
Ville23 said:
sydnee said:

Yep! Just fill the tube with as much ice as you would like, and you will enjoy an awesome, cool hit. Enjoy!

Gojirasan52,

ThirdGunman

sydnee said:
Ville23 said:
sydnee said:

Turn the bong almost horizontal when you put the first couple pieces of ice in. It will ensure you don't chip one of the ice pinches. :2c:

ThirdGunman,

ThirdGunman

lwien said:
Why is it that I cough like crazy while hardly seeing any exhaled vapor thru the LB but when I use my PD, I blow out huge clouds without even a hint of wanting to cough?

Coughing is a sign of lungs under distress, so I'm really curious as to why this is happening. One thing to mention. I am not getting anywhere near to combustion with the LB. As a matter of fact, I get closer to combustion temps when using the PD.

Kinda odd. Wonder what's going here. I think I've asked this before, but I don't think I got an answer.

You might try pulling in some non-vapor air. I have found in native mode, as well as with a stem, that puckering the lips and pulling slow while not making a sealed connection with the box cools down the vapor and also produces thicker clouds. It seems to be the whole "sipping the vapor" thing that seems to make the launch box perform at its best. :2c:

ThirdGunman,

HighlyEducatedScholar

Student of Vapor
Ville23 said:
sydnee said:

personally, i don't use ice with a bong if im hitting with vapor. vapor is vapor because of the high heat produced by the vaporizer. the cold temperature of ice would force a higher rate of condensation and result in the vapor becoming condensed in the neck of the bong and smaller hits. lately whenever i have been using my MFLB with my bong and WPA, i use hot water from the sink. try it out sometime ;)

HighlyEducatedScholar,

vapirtoo

Lwien: No matter how you "sip" the LB. the hits are harsh and intense.
Most of us have gotten used to this or have gone the WPA route.
Your observations are making me want a log vape. :2c:

By the way glad to have you back and that everything is OK .
Enjoy the gaming and the holidays. :peace:

vapirtoo,

octo

What does that mean?
I just had a question regarding batteries. I use my MFLB almost every day and love it, but wanted to know if the stock batteries that come with the unit ever weaken over time? Do the 2700 batteries provide a better high than the stock ones? Also how many hits do you all usually take per session?

octo,

Markus

Gonzo said:
I too cough excessively when using my MF. Like someone else said, so much so that I have not used it in months. When I first purchased it I used it everyday but after getting my first log vape it has barely seen action. Every hit is extremely irritating to my lungs and throat now, and this was not the case before.
Hey Gonzo, I don't remember having the irritation that I have now, at the beginning either. I dunno if it's an increase of sensitivity over time or what, but I will say that I still enjoy the hell outta mine. The method I use most is blowing bags, it's easier than controlling breathing to milk my bubbler and I blow massive clouds when I want to. Or, when I am low on herb, I re-breathe the bag a couple times and get uber-baked with max efficiency.
Bubblers are fun, but I use them for my ABV to take the last bit of stoney-of-the-stone out of the herb and blow clouds.

Markus,

pecosthecat

Hi Guys. I am a big fan of the MFLB. I've got 2 of them, one I keep at home and the other I keep at the office for sneaky afternoon or pre-commute vapes.

I am looking into getting this bubbler to use with the launch box: http://www.aqualabtechnologies.com/...adford-glass-clear-disk-diffused-bubbler.html

I don't really like the design of the water pipe adapter. It seems a bit fiddly to me and I don't like having to press the launch box against the adapter when taking a hit. I am thinking about getting a whip to connect the the launch box to a 14mm adapter/slide that would be compatible with the bubbler. By using a whip, one would be able to give the launch box a good shake between tokes without having to disconnect it from the bubbler. My problem is, I don't know where I could order a whip and 14mm slide adapter that the whip could connect to. Any suggestions?

pecosthecat,
I too was getting a sore throat after using my LB many months after I got it. I always used it natively, and I threw out the acrylic stem that came with mine. I didn't really want any more plastic than necessary.

The addition of one of Ed's shorty koa stem has been great, it has decreased my sore throat, and unless it's a beastly hit I don't cough at all.

I'll be moving out soon and will probably pick up a PA, and a proper bong to use my WPA.

+1 for E'd stems.

alakline_boost,
Top Bottom