eddyfrancis

Sorry, only the very bottom is a little burnt which leads to the coughing. I don't get much vapor other than the stuff that burns a little because it's not running hot enough for me to speed up the draw and saturate the heat throughout the whole trench.

eddyfrancis,

CutePanda

For everyone that owns PA, I have a question:

When you turn your PA on full power and look into the draw hole, is your light blinding bright? I was looking at JDSupreme's video on youtube and my light definitely doesn't get that bright with the PA on full power. Maybe I am imaging things because I can turn the herb to black if I wanted to. I have the first beta PA if that helps.

CutePanda,

eddyfrancis

The only thing that gets me a small amount of vapor is drawing slow enough to burn the bottom layer. Something must be wrong here.

Sorry for my frustration. Magic Flight has told me the same thing, that I'm not using it right. The thing is, I have used light bulbs that are more efficient than this. It scorches the weed but I barely get a hit, no matter how slowly I draw or how long I hold the battery. I know something is wrong because I have gotten decent hits by over charging the batteries with the charger. Whether it's the box, the charger, or the batteries, something is definitely wrong and it's not user error.

eddyfrancis,

hudbud

I found a new way to MFLB vape, inspired by two members (excuse me for not finding the links),I think, it's actually 2 techniques combined, that has given me the best mileage I could hope for.

some of you may do this already...
It relies on 2 skills.
1. Using the ability to fully breath through the nose, then change to fully breathing through the mouth.
2. Remembering to shake and crush the trench contents as you go.

Start with a Fresh batt or PA. Hook up power, look for vapor build up in the breathing hole, breath mostly throught the nose, then the mouth, until your breathing fully through the mouth, taking the MFLB away and taking the hit right back into the lungs, shake and tape contents with finger over hole and battery connected, repeat.
By keeping the battery connected, finger over the hole and shake n tap you'll get consistent heating and vaporising. All you got to do is unplug batt' and crush herb when needed. repeat till toasted. (pun intended)
Using this technique was the first time I found myself with too much vapor :o

hudbud,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
CutePanda said:

When you turn your PA on full power and look into the draw hole, is your light blinding bright? I was looking at JDSupreme's video on youtube and my light definitely doesn't get that bright with the PA on full power. Maybe I am imaging things because I can turn the herb to black if I wanted to. I have the first beta PA if that helps.
I also have one of the first beta PA's, as well as an earlier LB. The light in my LB does light up, but I wouldn't call it blinding. I really think it's different with every box. If you are getting good hits, I wouldn't worry about the light. The light is just there to let you know you are getting power; it doesn't affect the performance of the box.

And, eddyfrancis, if your herb is scorching, I feel you are getting enough heat to vape. The thing with the LB is that you don't always see the vapor and that can lead you to think you haven't gotten a hit. Have you tried blowing your hits out into an indirect light? I know this seems trivial, but the mind is a funny thing. Not thinking you're getting a hit can lead to not getting high, especially if you are frustrated.

momofthegoons,

toadyfatz

CutePanda said:

You have most likely already done this but just in case have you tried tightening the end of the PA's battery (not really a battery but you get the picture) head right at the button. I have to do it every few days to keep the hits strong. If mine just slightly unscrews it really dims the light and the hit etc....You can use a paper clip to do it etc....I have an early model PA and LB and if I keep this nice and snug my light is quite bright.

toadyfatz,

Coolglow

Sorry for this noob question, got my MFLB minutes ago :) I understand you put the battery in and a light comes on inside to show there's contact and then you take a drag. Whilst taking the toke, are you supposed to maintain pressure on the battery, stopping the pressure when you have finished the toke?

Last question, does it get hotter the more pressure you apply (light gets brighter?)

Thanks.

Coolglow,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Coolglow said:
Sorry for this noob question, got my MFLB minutes ago :) I understand you put the battery in and a light comes on inside to show there's contact and then you take a drag. Whilst taking the toke, are you supposed to maintain pressure on the battery, stopping the pressure when you have finished the toke?

Last question, does it get hotter the more pressure you apply (light gets brighter?)

Thanks.
Yes, keep battery on.

No, not pressure sensitive. Check out vaporpedia (on menu at the top of the page) for lots of tips for a new user.

Enjoy :)

WatTyler,

Coolglow

WatTyler said:
Coolglow said:

Thanks.
Yes, keep battery on.

No, not pressure sensitive. Check out vaporpedia (on menu at the top of the page) for lots of tips for a new user.

Enjoy :)

Thanks for the quick reply. Am reading through Vaporpedia now. It seems I have a Box with a battery push back ring. I find I have to put quite a lot of pressure to make contact so I may remove it. Loving the Box though. :)

Coolglow,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Coolglow said:

Thanks.

Check this out....

MFLB Keys to Perfect Vaporization

JDSupreme,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Yeah there is a bit of learning curve but once you master the LB you should love it!! Vaporpedia has all the info to get you in the know.

I had them before the push back rings came out and my newer version, I've pulled the rings out. If I have a friend trying it I'd probably put it in so they don't burn but I personally prefer without the ring.

Lo,

bklynvettes

just got my pa in the mail today an hour ago. super stoked to put it to good use. so far so good, although i thought the light would be brighter on max power. but ill give my impression later with more use. also, i think the battery is a bit pressure sensitive, not in the sense your thinking of, but still in a way. i find when my batteries are running less then 50% if u put more pressure the light gets brighter. idk if it affects heat, althogh i would guess it would.

bklynvettes,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
JDSupreme said:
Coolglow said:

Thanks.

Check this out....

"Nothing worse than losing your load in your pocket" :) amen

Thanks for the video! It was a pleasure to watch. JD is the shit :peace:

Elluzion,

Coolglow

JDSupreme said:
Coolglow said:

Thanks.

Check this out....

Ah thanks for that link, I'm using that method now. Just finished a trench and this is really nice. I get just as high off one trench as I do with an SSV bowl but I'd say it tastes a little bit nicer than my SSV.

Coolglow,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
Although this forum has gone a bit off topic, I would like to submit a Magic-Flight Launch Box review. Hopefully, it doesnt get too lost amongst the battery questions. Seriously, just read the vaporpedia entry prior to posting. I spent a few hours one day, read it all, and learned ALOT.

Ill start off by saying, I completely quit smoking cannabis a few months ago due to throat and lung issues. Prior to purchasing the MFLB, it was difficult for me to be around cannabis smokers while playing disc golf, or hiking, or whatever; as my SSV cannot make those types of journeys very well. The temptation to smoke was constantly there. I am proud to report that the MFLB has completely solved this problem. I no longer have any sort of desire to smoke cannabis, as I always have my MFLB by my side while away from home.

Ease of Use:
Incredible! Grind the herb, load the bowl, put the battery in for about 3 seconds, and pull. I was taking monstrous hits from the MFLB almost immediately.

Quality:
Brilliant! I believe this thing to be a marvel of engineering due to its simplicity of design. No moving parts, no crucial electronics, just a coil that is heated by a battery. The screen itself is also incredible for two reasons: The holes are too small to let any ground cannabis into; and since the screen itself is the heating element, no condensation is produced, meaning that virtually nothing will get stuck in the screen. And if something does happen to get burned onto the screen, there is a method for taking care of this in the vaporpedia entry. The only issues I could see one having is damaging the screen or breaking the Plexiglas, which are both covered by warranty.

Stock Batteries:
Very good. Magic-Flight ships 2400 mAH LSD batteries with the MFLB because they have a longer shelf life before needing to be recharged. These batteries will last a little more than one bowl. However, for users like me who use the MFLB on almost a regular basis, the shelf life is not an issue. So, I purchased four MAHA Powerex 2700 mAH batteries. I can get about two full bowls off one of these. Highly recommend.

Vapor Taste / Richness:
Damn good! Although, I have only used a few vaporizers in the past (eBay POS, Volcano, VG, Vapezilla, SSV, and MFLB), the MFLB comes in second in my opinion to the SSV (The SSV is kinda hard to beat on this front, and bag systems dont taste near as good to me). However, this is obviously subjective. But, with the MFLB the flavor is incredible for a device priced at $100. And, once you get your pulling technique down, you can get pretty thick, rich hits out of it.

Company:
Seemingly awesome. I have not yet dealt with Magic-Flight, but from what I have heard and read, they seem very pleasant. The company quote about love says it all. Not to mention, Magic-Flight offers a 100% lifetime warranty for the MFLB.

So, I know a lot of this information is already posted in this forum, but I still wanted to give a good review after using the MFLB for a few weeks. And, I'm sure I must have missed something; I will probably add to this at some point. Thanks to everyone for posting such great information about the MFLB. I have learned so much from this forum and from vaporpedia.

On a final note, if anyone is looking for an incredible portable vaporizer, get the MFLB! Hell, I even used it in a theater a bit ago. The people in front of me had no idea. Awesome!

Nuphile,

wot

I just used the acrylic stem for the first time, after being educated by JDSupreme's Keys to Perfect Vaporization. I think I'm finally taking proper hits! Either that, or my more-than-usual active day may have helped by 'cleaning' out my system. I never felt like I was using the Box correctly in native mode -- the really nice hits I'm now getting with stem seemingly supports that.

What do you prefer: Native and/or stem?

wot,

al bundy

Vaporist
i use the stem from the whip a little shorter than the original stem.
great video. Magic flight should link it on there home page.!!!

al bundy,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
wot said:
I just used the acrylic stem for the first time, after being educated by JDSupreme's Keys to Perfect Vaporization. I think I'm finally taking proper hits! Either that, or my more-than-usual active day may have helped by 'cleaning' out my system. I never felt like I was using the Box correctly in native mode -- the really nice hits I'm now getting with stem seemingly supports that.

What do you prefer: Native and/or stem?

I only do native. You can apply JDSupreme's tips to native mode, I've been doing something similar for ages.

pakalolo,

CutePanda

toadyfatz said:
CutePanda said:

You have most likely already done this but just in case have you tried tightening the end of the PA's battery (not really a battery but you get the picture) head right at the button. I have to do it every few days to keep the hits strong. If mine just slightly unscrews it really dims the light and the hit etc....You can use a paper clip to do it etc....I have an early model PA and LB and if I keep this nice and snug my light is quite bright.

Thanks for the heads up Toady. It made my light brighter and I now the PA is putting out the power I want it to. Won't mind having to tighten it every once in awhile. I just used the tip of a bic-like pen to tighten it.

CutePanda,

PeaceLuvPot

daddygreenjeans said:
What are "we" all using to attach the LB's to a bong?
I assume a short 1/4" piece of tubing as said above and what else?
How we attach to the bong part?
Ideas?

I always feel like a pusher of 7th floor products at this site. I truly don't work for them. I own a DBV, and love it (just got a MFLB, have not posted about it yet), and I have some custom glass and accessories for my DBV.

Anyway, if you guys want a GonG attachment for you bong to attach the tubing to, check these out.

11-3-2010-random_1_of_37_.jpg

I have one ( a 14.4) as I also bought their water filter (which is a mini bubbler, and I like it a lot better than my bong for vaping, and it works awesomely. I will post pics of my setup soon for anyone interested. Anyway, these things cost $10.99. Just check the DBV website. SSV site prob has them as well.

Peace.

PeaceLuvPot,

eddyfrancis

I have never seen so much hype only to be completely let down. A light bulb vape has the same horrible burnt taste, but at least it actually gets me high. I feel like I have completely wasted my money. I would love to see if mine is defective, but they tell me I need to learn how to use it because "All MF Launch Boxes have been thermally tested to reach the same temperature range." Well that is strange considering throughout this thread I have seen several reports of some launch boxes running hotter or cooler than others. I really wish I could just get this thing replaced without all the hassle of obviously being some sort of MFLB noob.

eddyfrancis,
Top Bottom