Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
bruce48 said:
I am going to be peeling some 2700s I bought recently.

Any suggestions to make this process smooth?
thank you.

Goo gone and an old t-shirt. DON'T USE papertowels. They make a freakin' mess (learn from my mistake). Just put some good gone on, and run it a lot with the T-shirt. You should be able to do all 4 somewhat quickly.

Elluzion,

The_Algebraist

Is anyone else finding it diificult to remove the adhesive from the Powerex 2700s? Don't have any Goo Gone handy..

The_Algebraist,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
hey JD,,, are you still liking your power adapter? i just ordered one..

medme,

panasonic

How long should we charge the batteries initially? The set of instructions posted by MFLB in the first post says 8-10 hours, but when I stuck my batteries in the supplied Tenergy Quick Charger, it only took an hour or two for the lights to turn green, so I took them out of the charger. Did I fail to charge them fully the first time?

panasonic,

Kaptan

Regarding the stickiness on the powerex batteries - Just use WD40 to get it off. You don't just spray it on and the stickiness comes right off. You have to spray them and then rub them with a towel or cloth and it will come off. Guys, it's not rocket science here.:lol:

There should really be a separate thread just for batteries- Battery selection, Removing stickiness from the batts, charging batts, etc...

Kaptan,

CutePanda

medme said:

If you have seen his video on youtube, you will know that the PA is badass and you can get thick clouds. I have had my magic flight for about 2-3 weeks now and have not been able to achieve the thick clouds with the stock batteries. I know that the powerex's or the PA will give me the thick clouds that I desire. Looks like my PA will be coming during spring break in which case I won't be able to try it till after that.

CutePanda,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
CutePanda said:
medme said:

If you have seen his video on youtube, you will know that the PA is badass and you can get thick clouds. I have had my magic flight for about 2-3 weeks now and have not been able to achieve the thick clouds with the stock batteries. I know that the powerex's or the PA will give me the thick clouds that I desire. Looks like my PA will be coming during spring break in which case I won't be able to try it till after that.

i just ordered a power adapter yesterday,,, and i want it LAST WEEK,, i saw his vids,,wow,,, was just wondering if he still likes it as much now as he first did,,,

medme,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
medme, I also have had my PA for a while now and still love it. Worth every penny. I haven't used a battery since I got it. :p

momofthegoons,

The_Algebraist

To those using the C9000 and 2700s with their LBs, are you finding that you can use the same battery for more than one session?

I'm currently breaking in a set of Powerex 2700s right now and am still using the standard Tenergy chargers and default batteries.

The_Algebraist,

medme

ex-smoker by choice
momofthegoons said:
medme, I also have had my PA for a while now and still love it. Worth every penny. I haven't used a battery since I got it. :p

ok,,,,now i want it 2 weeks ago,,,, how long did it take before you heard something,,, i feel like a kid on christmas morning,,, and they won't let me open my presents,,,

medme,

kabob

derporist
Cobrahearted69 said:
420Birth said:
Got my 2700s and just finished taking all the glue off them. It took maybe 90 mins to do all, 120 at the most while multi-tasking.

Waiting on the BC700 now. Can I charge the powerex 2700s in the Sanyo Ni-MH quick charger I got with my MLFB serial # 228XXX?

Or do I need to break them in first using the better charger (BC700)?

I would just go with charging them in the Sanyo, they should be fine either way.
Is this also true for the Tenergy charger that comes with some MFLB? Can Powerex 2700s be charged in it with no issue?

kabob,
kabob said:
Cobrahearted69 said:
420Birth said:
Got my 2700s and just finished taking all the glue off them. It took maybe 90 mins to do all, 120 at the most while multi-tasking.

Waiting on the BC700 now. Can I charge the powerex 2700s in the Sanyo Ni-MH quick charger I got with my MLFB serial # 228XXX?

Or do I need to break them in first using the better charger (BC700)?

I would just go with charging them in the Sanyo, they should be fine either way.
Is this also true for the Tenergy charger that comes with some MFLB? Can Powerex 2700s be charged in it with no issue?

Yes, Powerex 2700mah ni-mh rechargeable batteries can be charged in the Tenergy Charger that comes with the MFLB.

Cobrahearted69,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
The_Algebraist said:
To those using the C9000 and 2700s with their LBs, are you finding that you can use the same battery for more than one session?

I'm currently breaking in a set of Powerex 2700s right now and am still using the standard Tenergy chargers and default batteries.

The 2700's go a long way for me, but I haven't done any "testing" to see. I will have to try it this weekend and let you know. I think they could make it through like 2 medium sized trenches

Elluzion,

kabob

derporist
Cobrahearted69 said:
kabob said:
Cobrahearted69 said:

Yes, Powerex 2700mah ni-mh rechargeable batteries can be charged in the Tenergy Charger that comes with the MFLB.
Thank you for your swift reply, Cobrahearted69.
:)

kabob,

FLskwat

VAPOLITICS!
So after recharging a few times:
the stock batteries (2400) &
these http://www.amazon.fr/Varta-56766-Ba...SBZW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299103725&sr=8-2 (which after researching are powerex and sanyo relabeled)
& some identical 2100 varta
With both the stock charger and the RS-BC900 LA CROSSE (half the price of the C9000 BTW same features...):

2100: 1 half full trench (could still increase only 3 charges each)
2400 (stock batts):1,5 full trench or 3 half full trenches (could still increase only 3 charges each)
2700: 2 full trenches (could still increase only 3 charges each)

I can also feel a different impression of "heat delivery"..To me, the 2700 deliver more heat then the 2400 in the same pressing time & with the same draw...And again 2400 vs 2100...but this must only be an impression as this vape is supposed to reach a designed temp peak around 380F correct?

FLskwat,

Willeh

Ello all. This thread is called the Magic-Flight Box Review, so here is my very thorough subjective review.

I'm going to start with my final opinion, so you can skip my wall of text evidence provided later:

The unit runs a hard bargain at 100$, especially with the VaporGenie costing 50$ and producing a richer vapor. The tokes are very hot and take a long time and can cause coughing fits over almost no vapor. It takes too much too long to finish a bowl making stealth difficult. Batteries are more elusive than lighters making you return to 'home base' more unless you have a car charger or something. It smells strong through your pocket compared to competing stealth options (I find the genie to smell less with the lid on), especially after your first toke or two as it warms the herbals releasing the aromatics. If you go into it with really low expectations you might find a stealth gem, because it is still the best battery powered herbal vaporizer (concentrates don't count) out there right now, better than the vapirs (my friend has one and it's shit) but it's not at all the end all be all.

Often I will take a barely visible toke and hack my lungs up, when I could of comfortably taken an exponentially larger toke out of the Buddha, Extreme, VG and even the PD. You have to draw at least twice as slow as a Purple-Days vaporizer to get visible vapor, and in my opinion the draw speed on the Purple-Days is already tight (encouraging smaller tokes from the smaller load). The fact that you are drawing really slow causes the vapor coming out of the box to be painfully hot to your teeth and tongue if you're sensitive to it. The 'stem' is less than half the length of a purple days stem, and maybe only 2/3rds the diameter. Even with the significantly larger Purple-Days stem, it was still more comfortable through my trusty percolator, and water filtration isn't reasonable with the flight box. The box is very hot and makes me cough off very little tokes, and I'm no virgin lungs. I can milk a bong. The other large downside to this slow drawspeed, is I literally have to stop and sit down to toke this thing. If you're walking a brisk walk- you'll be too short breathed to take a decent toke. If you were just snowboarding down the mountain- you'll need to lie in the snow for maybe 5 minutes to get your heartrate and breath down slow enough to get a toke.

Now to the exhaled cloud. To see anything, and to do things right you'll want to need to powder your stuff and dry it out (I just leave my grinder unscrewed/half covering to keep dust out). The are visible if the lighting is conducive to the situation (Fluorescent lights, outdoors in sunlight) though you won't normally see really anything indoors in a moderatly lit room. The tokes are only roughly 1/2-1/3rd the density of an average Purple-Days hit, Never more than a tiny whisp of vapor. I have tried the pyromons technique thoroughly, and have even got my bowl to combust once. It's very strange how quickly it transitions from thin vapor to combustion, theres simply no in-between with this thing. To put things into perspective further, I'd say a Purple-Days toke is still only 1/4-1/5 the density of a fully packed Buddha bowl being milked through my Percolator, meaning the box tokes are maybe 1/15th the thickness of a Buddha toke. The unit does however convey the taste of the strain quite nicely in the first few tokes, which is what you'll have to go by in some situations.

Now to my final, and most major complaint- This thing is still not quite as stealth as some claim. It takes maybe 5-7 minutes to finish your .1-.15g bowl if you focus all your attention on just sitting and toking. With me a full trench wont always get me where I want to be, and are more suitable for the morning or at my night job. I usually medicate .2 in a normal session to reach what I call my 'plateau' before I start getting 'heavier', 'lazier' effects. It smells quite strong when fully packed with good herbs in your pocket, and after you take the first toke it warms the bowl and makes it even more aromatic. In other words- it's not convienient to try and slip a toke in at a 'opportune ninja moment' often because it takes 30 seconds to take the toke, and it'll smell for a couple feet around you and your pocket if you have good herbals in the box. Often I need to stop mid bowl to re-grind my herbs in my hand as it tends to 'cake' together if its powdered. You'd need to be in a pretty empty movie theatre to use one in a situation like that. I work in a restaurant and after dinner rush is over it's nice to sneak out for a 'smoke' and take one nice big hit of DaBuddha wand hash out of my cigarette bat. Sneakier, and quicker than using the flight box with less smell in my pocket, and even less suspicious. In about 5 seconds I can get twice as high as the whole trench, though bubbling oil is certainly not vaping. I've stopped using my flightbox as I feel the boss lady will walk out while I'm fiddling with it.

I've had my MFLB for two months now and it's seeing very little use, and will probably be sold unless more powerful batteries seriously make me look at this in a new light (in which case stock batteries should be upgraded). I have no use in the power adapter, as I simply have better units to plug into walls and cars. I only got this thing for travel and stealth, expecting a solid replacement for my vaporgenie as I have heard many do. I wanted something I could take snowboarding with me (The nearest mountain is a 3 hour drive) so I could vape herbs on the mountain and on the go, and not just in the car with my Genie. Overall, I miss the vaporgenie. It produced thicker, more potent hits and lighters are available at every gas station as opposed to the elusive peeled NiMH battery. I mostly just wanted to take the lighter out of the equation, for a windproof solution to stop blazing in the car, which this does sort of manage. It takes a step not taken by vaporizers before in terms of quickness to heat, quietness, and size though this does not translate to the speed of finishing the bowl. Over all though, because the vaporizing process is not instant my preferred method of stealth toking will still be wand hash in a cigarette bat. One solid hit and I'm more stoned than that full trench would have gotten me.

MONEY TALK REMOVED BECAUSE IT STIRRED THE POT

Willeh,

The_Algebraist

FLskwat said:
So after recharging a few times:
the stock batteries (2400) &
these http://www.amazon.fr/Varta-56766-Ba...SBZW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1299103725&sr=8-2 (which after researching are powerex and sanyo relabeled)
& some identical 2100 varta
With both the stock charger and the RS-BC900 LA CROSSE (half the price of the C9000 BTW same features...):

2100: 1 half full trench (could still increase only 3 charges each)
2400 (stock batts):1,5 full trench or 3 half full trenches (could still increase only 3 charges each)
2700: 2 full trenches (could still increase only 3 charges each)

I can also feel a different impression of "heat delivery"..To me, the 2700 deliver more heat then the 2400 in the same pressing time & with the same draw...And again 2400 vs 2100...but this must only be an impression as this vape is supposed to reach a designed temp peak around 380F correct?

Nice. Once the C9000 finishes up with the 2700s I'll refresh the stock 2400s and charge them back up. It'll be good to have a couple of reliable batteries in my pocket while out and about for extended periods of time.

The_Algebraist,

lwien

Willeh said:
....here is my very thorough subjective review.

Trying to justify the cost of a product solely based on the cost of it's parts is a totally faulty exercise. One has to also factor in the time it takes to manufacture and what that cost is in man-hours, R&D efforts prior to any manufacturing taking place, on-going R&D efforts during the manufacturing process along with all the operating costs, like cost of equipment, insurance, rent, taxes, etc, etc, etc. It's rather simplistic to attempt to justify what a product should cost without taking these things into consideration, and we haven't even touched on pricing a product based upon what the market will bear, which is a basic business principle.

Regarding your negative review along with all of the positive reviews, it just goes to prove that there is no best vape for everyone, and while one may find any vape unsatisfactory, there will be others who feel quite differently and because of this, whenever researching a product that one is considering purchasing, it is wise not to take any one review as gospel, but rather look at as many reviews as possible.

In the case of the LB, the positive reviews far outweigh the negative reviews............by a VERY wide margin.
This is not to invalidate your review, Willeh, but just to put it into perspective.

lwien,
Top Bottom