Gunky

The LB by itself is like a VW bug. Small, pretty efficient, easy to park. Doesn't go all that fast but it's fun and can make for thrilling rides under the right circs. The LB with PA is a souped up VW bug in somebody's garage. They have removed the original engine and put in some hot-rodded thing that really hauls ass...

The PD is like a Toyota Corolla.

Gunky,

danklover

Heehee... nice car analogy. Though i must admit... i haven't tried the PD and to say it's like a Corolla doesn't particularly entice :p

danklover,

Gunky

danklover said:
Heehee... nice car analogy. Though i must admit... i haven't tried the PD and to say it's like a Corolla doesn't particularly entice :p

Hey Corollas are good. Good fuel efficiency, auto transmission and power steering, very easy to drive. Seldom breaks down, almost never really except the wall wart cord. Decent performance, super reliable.

Gunky,

danklover

Gunky said:
danklover said:

Hey Corollas are good. Good fuel efficiency, auto transmission and power steering, very easy to drive. Seldom breaks down, almost never really except the wall wart cord. Decent performance, super reliable.

Corollas are solid, no doubt, just not exciting.

danklover,

Wolface

I don't really have a favourite vape. Of the 4 I have in rotation, they would all score pretty equally for me, just in different ways. It truly is an apples and oranges kind of comparison. No best vape, just a best vape for who and in what situation.

Wolface,

Gunky

Yeah, they're all pretty good. I don't mean to paint the log vapes as dull or bad or whatever. I think they are really the baseline vape and very suitable for most people, esp if it's one or two users. Everyone should have one, IMO. :cool:

Let a thousand devices issue vapor!

Gunky,

Gunky

Getting back to MFLB, I noticed I was ad-libbing a bit with how to load it, how to crumble mid-trench and so on. Somebody said something about pouring a load onto a creased piece of paper (hereafter referred to as a paper spill) and I have begun using this to dump a trench out, finger crumble and then tip and pour contents neatly back in LB. I was loading it by pinching some herb from a bowl with thumb and forefinger. This is ok for one person I guess but there is the sense of one person handling food to be consumed by a guest with fingers... ew! I have started using that little triangle of plastic which came with a space case grinder to dredge up herb from a shallow tray and then dump into LB.

edit: Now that I think about it maybe the answer to finger crumbling is just to get it ground up finer to begin with? Will try my little space case two-piece scout for this job.

Gunky,

Wolface

I vape it till it's brown (4 or 5 hits) then dump out on solid surface and crush with the bottom of the battery. Don't handle it with your fingers as trichromes will be deposited on them. Scrape up, re-load and re-vape till done.

Wolface,

rtwoite

I used to dump out my vapor bros whip with a dental pick and either finger crush or use a lighter or the flat part of a ginormous perm. marker, or non-mirror side of the mirror that came with the dental pick. As long as it wasn't already too brown, getting it just crispy enough to recrush gave me the best hits.

rtwoite,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
darkrom said:
lwien said:
Wolface said:
Yes, It's true, 1 PD stem in PD=good buzz but 1 PD stem in MFLB=better buzz.

Assuming temp is the same, why would it provide a better buzz?

Judging from the looks of my ABV in the PD which is a VERY dark brown, just a shade or two below black, I'm trying to wrap my head around why one would get a better buzz from the LB.

You wouldn't. A lot of people just have a crazy loyalty to MFLB and you can see why. I think it's still worth reminding people that there is no ONE best vape. I think my MFLB is my most important vape since it allows me to vape in situations where I would normally be forced to combust. But if I were to take that same trench and put it in my Da Buddha I'm sure I personally could get much much higher than I'd be able to using the MFLB. It's hard for many people to accept that their favorite vape isn't the best at everything.

That's actually not true in my case. I know for a fact I get a harder buzz from my MFLB than I get from my Vapor Warez.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
I know for a fact I get a harder buzz from my MFLB than I get from my Vapor Warez.

Ok, but like I asked previously, why? You can go to as high of a temp as you want with the Warez and, I would think, being that it is a whip based vape, you could get a bigger hit. So.........why, other than temp, could one vape give you a harder buzz than another?

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
lwien said:
Vicki said:
I know for a fact I get a harder buzz from my MFLB than I get from my Vapor Warez.

Ok, but like I asked previously, why? You can go to as high of a temp as you want with the Warez and, I would think, being that it is a whip based vape, you could get a bigger hit. So.........why, other than temp, could one vape give you a harder buzz than another?

Different types of vaporizers? Vapor Warez passes air over the herb. The MFLB sits close to the heating element. I don't know why, but I know it is true for me.

Vicki,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Vicki said:
lwien said:
Vicki said:

Different types of vaporizers? Vapor Warez passes air over the herb. The MFLB sits close to the heating element. I don't know why, but I know it is true for me.

uhhhh because its MAGIC!!! :) dont try to understand it just enjoy the show!

The only way to go on a Magic Flight is w/ a Magic Flight Launch Box :p

JDSupreme,

Wolface

It's hard to belive something the size of a matchbox could pack so much power, but it does!

Wolface,

Gunky

The screen sort of rests on two thick stainless wires. On one shoulder of the trench the screen seems to be pulling away from the thick wire. Is that bad?

Gunky,

Snafu

yeah your screen pulls away from the two copper wires and your box wont work! the screen and those posts are how the circuit is completed so it might be worth an email to the folks over at blissville :)

Snafu,

rtwoite

This thing is smaller than I thought. :) Easy to see why it has such a cult following. Ok. I'm about to test drive the MFLB.... drumroll please... :brow:

rtwoite,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
rtwoite said:
This thing is smaller than I thought. :) Easy to see why it has such a cult following. Ok. I'm about to test drive the MFLB.... drumroll please... :brow:

I have both of your other 2 vapes in my "Graveyard Drawer". You're in for a treat :)

JDSupreme,

vapedout

My PA just got here. I am about to give it a go. One question I have seen others that have the PA say that they have beta # whatever. Where is that located on the PA?

vapedout,

rtwoite

I put in just enough to cover the fingernail on my pinky, crushed it up pretty fine. I'm pretty toasty and there's still more to go. Granted, I have a loooow tolerance but this seems pretty efficient to me. Hard to believe, really. two thumbs up. :ko: :cool:

rtwoite,

vapedout

After having used the PA for a couple of hours I am impressed. Thick vape clouds like JDSupreme vids everytime. An excellent addition to my box. I think the batteries are about to start to collect some dust.

vapedout,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
lwien said:
Vicki said:

Hi,

The basic reason has to do with optimized overall airflow and vapor path, as well as near perfect user interface characteristics. The design of the Box has a number of very subtle physical and psychological characteristics to ensure maximum actual vapor delivery. The real efficiency of a vaporizer device is not defined by how well it can in theory make vapor, it is measured in terms of how much of that actual vapor it makes biologically available. Temperature, although a very important aspect, is not the only criterion of quality.

Near as our research can determine, other vaporizer companies have focused all of their design effort on the heating system. Once that has been accomplished, very little effort is put into calculating the motion and migration of that vapor once it leaves the heating chamber. Probably this is because it is hard (very very hard!) to calculate and predict airflow patterns to begin with, especially in small spaces with wide temperature differentials, and determining metrics of condensation is, if anything, even much more so. Furthermore, for true optimal bio-availability, it is necessary that the design engineer have a realistic understanding and accounting for the human psychology of how the vapor progresses through the mouth, travels through the oropharynx, nasopharynx, the larynx, the trachea, and the progressively subdividing system of bronchi and bronchioles until it finally reaches the alveoli where the adsorption of active ingredients takes place.

Given the (extreme) level of technicality involved in all of this, and the fact that it generally requires a combined understanding of graduate level physics, physiology, and psychology, it is not so surprising that these higher and more exotic/abstract levels of optimization have been heretofore omit -- let alone have any presence in the popular awareness (hence the apparent reasonableness of your question). Fortunately, our lead designer does happen to have this level of knowledge, and since we are all true geeks, we tend to go for this sort of thing. We have found that when implemented, such optimizations DO make a difference, as user experience is able to attest. We figure that the overall magnitude of these second, third, and forth order effects is about 30%. The effort involved to get that additional yield, however, is at least 30X over that of the heating system design, and tends to require someone to have taken about 20 or so years of advanced schooling.

Our team at Magic-Flight might be a bunch of "stoners", but we are high class stoners! We take pride in what we do, and we aim to be the best.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

chucku

Charles Urbane
Our team at Magic-Flight might be a bunch of "stoners", but we are high class stoners! We take pride in what we do, and we aim to be the best.

Word.

chucku,

spentskeeper

I'm sitting at my mailbox waiting for my PA and contemplating Magic Flights answer to a really good question by Lwien but all I really want to know is will my PA be here today. I do have another question though. Why can you get a very cool hit from the LB even though heating element is so close to your throat?

spentskeeper,
Top Bottom