Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
magicflight said:
lwien said:
Vicki said:
I know for a fact I get a harder buzz from my MFLB than I get from my Vapor Warez.

Ok, but like I asked previously, why? You can go to as high of a temp as you want with the Warez and, I would think, being that it is a whip based vape, you could get a bigger hit. So.........why, other than temp, could one vape give you a harder buzz than another?

Hi,

The basic reason has to do with optimized overall airflow and vapor path, as well as near perfect user interface characteristics. The design of the Box has a number of very subtle physical and psychological characteristics to ensure maximum actual vapor delivery. The real efficiency of a vaporizer device is not defined by how well it can in theory make vapor, it is measured in terms of how much of that actual vapor it makes biologically available. Temperature, although a very important aspect, is not the only criterion of quality.

Near as our research can determine, other vaporizer companies have focused all of their design effort on the heating system. Once that has been accomplished, very little effort is put into calculating the motion and migration of that vapor once it leaves the heating chamber. Probably this is because it is hard (very very hard!) to calculate and predict airflow patterns to begin with, especially in small spaces with wide temperature differentials, and determining metrics of condensation is, if anything, even much more so. Furthermore, for true optimal bio-availability, it is necessary that the design engineer have a realistic understanding and accounting for the human psychology of how the vapor progresses through the mouth, travels through the oropharynx, nasopharynx, the larynx, the trachea, and the progressively subdividing system of bronchi and bronchioles until it finally reaches the alveoli where the adsorption of active ingredients takes place.

Given the (extreme) level of technicality involved in all of this, and the fact that it generally requires a combined understanding of graduate level physics, physiology, and psychology, it is not so surprising that these higher and more exotic/abstract levels of optimization have been heretofore omit -- let alone have any presence in the popular awareness (hence the apparent reasonableness of your question). Fortunately, our lead designer does happen to have this level of knowledge, and since we are all true geeks, we tend to go for this sort of thing. We have found that when implemented, such optimizations DO make a difference, as user experience is able to attest. We figure that the overall magnitude of these second, third, and forth order effects is about 30%. The effort involved to get that additional yield, however, is at least 30X over that of the heating system design, and tends to require someone to have taken about 20 or so years of advanced schooling.

Our team at Magic-Flight might be a bunch of "stoners", but we are high class stoners! We take pride in what we do, and we aim to be the best.

-- Magic-Flight

Thank you for the explanation! :)

Vicki,

Gunky

So we send Magic Flight dimensions of our epiglottis and MF develop a custom box to optimize swirl patterns in the vapor, right?

Gunky,

rtwoite

spentskeeper said:
I'm sitting at my mailbox waiting for my PA and contemplating Magic Flights answer to a really good question by Lwien but all I really want to know is will my PA be here today. I do have another question though. Why can you get a very cool hit from the LB even though heating element is so close to your throat?

Just a guess but I would say it has to due with the very low mass of the screen and small load size.

rtwoite,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
rtwoite said:
spentskeeper said:
I'm sitting at my mailbox waiting for my PA and contemplating Magic Flights answer to a really good question by Lwien but all I really want to know is will my PA be here today. I do have another question though. Why can you get a very cool hit from the LB even though heating element is so close to your throat?

Just a guess but I would say it has to due with the very low mass of the screen and small load size.

Thats why if you use the stem, the vapor is cooler and if you hit it native, its hotter.

With the PA I can feel the heat of the vapor (like hitting it native) even with the stem.

The short stem that comes with the whip is the medium between the two.

JDSupreme,

Earths Essence

lwien said:
Earths Essence said:
--I have to agree with you on that! Maybe you don't get as good of clouds with the MFLB, but you get an overall balanced high, unlike the PD, in my honest opinion.

Two questions.

What do you mean, "more balanced" ?

and

Why do you think it's more balanced?

More balanced ratio of THC/CBD/CBN. Myself, and the majority of people who have used my Purple Days (With Jameco cord and top grade cannabis) have commented that the PD is missing something, and the high isn't very satisfying overall. But, with using my DBV or LSV, AND MFLB, many have commented on how full, balanced, satisfying (whatever you want to call it) the high was.

The PD's simplicity and efficiency was what attracted me to this vape, and I was just so stoked on the idea of its efficiency that I overlooked the fact that the high was less than "full" to me. But then I began to realize that its actually worth it to spend only TWICE the amount of herb, if that, to have a full cannabis high, with a great balance of THC/CBD/CBN. I mean, we're saving herb no matter what with vaporization, and I do feel that efficiency is a key factor in a vaporizer, but it shouldn't be the main factor, as I think I was focusing too much on efficiency for a while.

So, as opposed to having, let's say, three stems out of the PD, pack .1 in the MFLB, LSV, DBV, or whatever vape you have. See what high you like more. For some the PD is ideal, for others, including myself, they will constantly crave a full cannabis high, like it was meant to be. As with the PD, it's basically a half high, with the wait to breakthrough into the actual "high", which never actually comes, but a horrible clouded head does. That's just how I feel. The PD really is great for a simple vape.

Earths Essence,

Earths Essence

lwien said:
But if I went to any temp higher than what I'm currently getting with the PD, I'm hinkin' I would be going into combustion. Any higher and my ABV would be black.

Consider yourself lucky. You have a great PD there, my friend. That's the first I've ever heard that before. Most descriptions I've heard of PD/MZ-ABV say its greenish-brownish, like mine and two other PD owners I know.

Wouldn't you like to have some vapor on the lower end AND the higher end of the temperature spectrum?
You see, I like to have lower temps in the morning, and temps later in the day, or night. The PD eliminates any ability for temperature control.

Earths Essence,

Wolface

Some log vape owners are using 13.5 volt adapters or variable voltage power supplys to juice up the heat a bit. A can koozie works too.

Wolface,

shortwind

Hi. I have been happily using my MFLB now for a couple months. The only issue I have is that I have small weak hands and my thumb gets very tired/sore quickly pressing the battery (I have the newer model with the pushback ring). Any solutions aside from taking the rubber ring out (I don't want to accidentally combust as I have severe asthma). Not quite ready yet to get the power adapter, though I am considering upgrading to the 2700 batteries in a month or so (I got my MFLB from Vapor World and have about 5 batteries on hand). Would the 2700 batteries decrease the amount of time I am pressing the battery down?
Thanks!

shortwind,

shortwind

This is an addendum to my just posted post. What I meant to write, is if I no longer had the rubber pushback ring, I'm afraid I would accidentally leave the battery in after each push (especially if I was quite vaped :) ! )
Again, thanks!

shortwind,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
shortwind said:
Hi. I have been happily using my MFLB now for a couple months. The only issue I have is that I have small weak hands and my thumb gets very tired/sore quickly pressing the battery (I have the newer model with the pushback ring). Any solutions aside from taking the rubber ring out (I don't want to accidentally combust as I have severe asthma). Not quite ready yet to get the power adapter, though I am considering upgrading to the 2700 batteries in a month or so (I got my MFLB from Vapor World and have about 5 batteries on hand). Would the 2700 batteries decrease the amount of time I am pressing the battery down?
Thanks!

all batts act the same on the pushback ring. your best best may be to take it out and just be careful not to leave it in after each hit. or try pushing it with your palm instead of fingers

the 2700's can be a quicker hit I guess but you still have to hold it in for a bit...

JDSupreme,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
Wow!!!! This PA doesn't fuck around!

Set it on high and combusted my first trench.. LOL

It packs one hell of a punch! Definitely a MUST BUY!!!

CombustionJunction,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
shortwind said:
Thanks!

I have RA really bad in my hands, and I had to remove the rubber ring in my Launch Box. There was just no way I could use it with the ring. I have never accidentally left the battery in the box, though.

Vicki,

Gunky

One great thing about the PA is the on/off button is a tiny pushbutton, low force to depress it. If you have joint pain or whatever it might work out nicely. It is also good if you have some sort of reactive airway disease because you can dial in the right temp.

Gunky,

chloe

I'm curious...do some of these answers get put on the wiki or anything? Quite a few of MF posts I would love to read over from time to time esp. the ones where they mind fuck you like that...

i knew i got better and more efficient hits from the box vs the warez...and its nice to get a scientific explanation...

:peace:

chloe,
I just got the La Crosse BC-700, and am wondering if I should have just got the more expensive Maha C-9000. Can someone tell me if the batteries charge better with the Maha C-9000, therefore giving you bigger hits. Thanks.

vapor racer,

lwien

vapor racer said:
I just got the La Crosse BC-700, and am wondering if I should have just got the more expensive Maha C-9000. Can someone tell me if the batteries charge better with the Maha C-9000, therefore giving you bigger hits. Thanks.

I have a BC-700. Great charger.

Here's a great comparison read comparing the BC-900 versus the C-9000.

http://www.amazon.com/Crosse-Techno...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

The only difference between the BC900 and the BC700 is the BC900 can charge up to a 1000mah versus the 700 at, you guessed it, 700mah.
1000mah will charge your batteries faster, but at 700, it's a bit easier on them.

One charger will not provide you bigger hits than the other.

lwien,
Thanks so much Iwien. I was worried that the C-9000 put a little extra juice in the batteries. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

vapor racer,

lwien

vapor racer said:
Thanks so much Iwien. I was worried that the C-9000 put a little extra juice in the batteries. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

Actually, unless you leave the batts in a C9000 in for an additional 2 hour top off charge after it says done, the BC700 will give a more complete charge when the display says done. Difference is small. About 5%.

lwien,

clayton

My PA is awesome but what isn't awesome is my low stash :(

Anyone every try vaping their ABV on the highest setting?

clayton,

B.

War Criminal
With abv I'd start a little lower than full power since it will be much drier than normal bud, and much easier to combust. :2c:

B.,

rtwoite

I bought some extra duracell batteries and charger. They are rated 2450 liMH, but seem a little warmer than the stock batteries. Is that ok?

rtwoite,

CombustionJunction

What's Your Function?
ty14 said:
is it easy to combust with the power adapter?
Yes! If you're not careful, it will happen. You definitely need to unlearn what you think you know about the MFLB, and re-learn to use it with the PA. Don't wait around till you see vapor, just start hitting it right away. And no micro-hitting. Also, you really don't need to be all the way on high. It's kinda overkill. But that's the beauty of the PA. If you burn a trench, just take it down a notch and you'll be fine. Even at half power, the PA works better than any battery. My advice when you get it is to start off low and work your way up until you find your sweet spot.

CombustionJunction,
Top Bottom