JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Gunky said:
spentskeeper said:
i use mflb for portable use and PD for everything else and now I might like a PA but is there an advantage to PAMFLB over PD. i really want another toy.

Your situation is pretty much what I was doing. After I got the PA, I began using the LB more at home. If I am thinking of an extended session which might have been 3 or 4 or whatever bowls with the PD, the LB/PA comes more into the picture now. With the increased and abundantly available heat supplied by the PA, you can efficiently utilize the same amount of material rather more quickly than with a log, I think. There is also some intangible, inexplicable aspect, and I think I remember others commenting on it: the LB is somehow stonier! I'm not throwing out my log vapes (on the contrary I decided to do the grand tour and own all three brands). They are elegant, neat and clean (ie very little spillage), never scorch or burn, always taste good... But sometimes logs are too slow and staid and you need to cut loose with a whip or mflb/pa.

I totally agree. The LB gets me more vaked than the Zap.

and I agree on the spillage too....im getting better at trying to remember my half vaped LB is sitting on my knee when I get up off the couch :) but I have lost a couple loads due to clumsiness

The only thing I dont agree on is taste. Taste in the LB rules all IMO

JDSupreme,

Earths Essence

"I totally agree. The LB gets me more vaked than the Zap."- Says JDSupreme

--I have to agree with you on that! Maybe you don't get as good of clouds with the MFLB, but you get an overall balanced high, unlike the PD, in my honest opinion.

Earths Essence,

ty14

Tyler
I noticed how on jd's power adapter video he mentions he took his push back ring out... Do you have to do this for the power adapter? Cuz i don't wanna take mine out and risk combustion because of my buddies holding it in too long..

ty14,

lwien

Earths Essence said:
--I have to agree with you on that! Maybe you don't get as good of clouds with the MFLB, but you get an overall balanced high, unlike the PD, in my honest opinion.

Two questions.

What do you mean, "more balanced" ?

and

Why do you think it's more balanced?

lwien,

george

ty14 said:
I noticed how on jd's power adapter video he mentions he took his push back ring out... Do you have to do this for the power adapter? Cuz i don't wanna take mine out and risk combustion because of my buddies holding it in too long..

No you don't need to remove it.

Anyways, you never have to take it out like you do with a battery. Theres a small push-button on the end of the "battery" part of the power adapter. You click and hold it to power up the launch box.

george,

ty14

Tyler
george said:
ty14 said:

No you don't need to remove it.

Anyways, you never have to take it out like you do with a battery. Theres a small push-button on the end of the "battery" part of the power adapter. You click and hold it to power up the launch box.

There's a button on the end of the battery that you have to hold to make the battery work? Does the battery on the power adapter go bad? I know thats a newb question but i know nothing about batteries... I've had my launch box for 3 months now and i'm ready to get the fullest potential out of it :D

ty14,

lwien

Wolface said:
Yes, It's true, 1 PD stem in PD=good buzz but 1 PD stem in MFLB=better buzz.

Assuming temp is the same, why would it provide a better buzz?

Judging from the looks of my ABV in the PD which is a VERY dark brown, just a shade or two below black, I'm trying to wrap my head around why one would get a better buzz from the LB.

lwien,

Wolface

Close, but not quite. PD is great for taking herb to brown=clean, daytime buzz, but I prefer MFLB for nightcaps. black= heavier buzz.

Wolface,

pkim87

lwien said:
Earths Essence said:

Two questions.

What do you mean, "more balanced" ?

and

Why do you think it's more balanced?

I think he means that you get more of an equal amount of body and head high because (quote me if I'm wrong) the higher temperatures that are capable with the PAMFLB, as opposed to the fixed temperature on the PD, can release more CBNs which give the body high.

pkim87,

lwien

But if I went to any temp higher than what I'm currently getting with the PD, I'm thinkin' I would be going into combustion. Any higher and my ABV would be black.

lwien,

spentskeeper

I'm hoping the PAMFLB taste great at PD temps. I've has some great tasting hits with batteries but not consistantly. I'm looking for great tasting low temp hots, maybe even lower then PD on occasion. Very curious to see what MFLB is like without batteries. My PA is coming soon enough.

spentskeeper,

Wolface

Log vapes seem to vary a little in temperature according to wood density ect, thus are the threads about 13.5 volt adapters a variable power supplys.

Wolface,

danklover

Just received my MFLB from vapeworld and i'm lovin it! Will give a better review when I have more experience, but in the meantime, I have a quick question:

It came with a Tenergy Quick Charger (model: 01142 or TN142). According to the mflb vaporpedia page, certain models of Tenergy chargers are NOT recommended, but doesn't specify which. Anyone have any experience with this? Any happy users of a Tenergy charger?
Using the stock batteries, for now.

Happy vaping...
And big thanks for all the wisdom here :)

danklover,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
ty14 said:

ya it was unnecessary. that 1st vid was a true out of box impression. I was excited/flustered and not thinking clearly.....quickly followed by PAMFLB bliss :)

I got another video in the works. I have some wicked video editing software I need to put to use. Transitions, music, that old chestnut :p

I have 2 really funny ideas. I might have to pioneer some LB comedy videos

JDSupreme,

Wolface

Don't get me wrong, I love my PD, I think every true vaporist should have a log vape of some kind kickin around. They are very efficent just like the MFLB. I just got some of the Powerex 2700s. A little tighter fit in my older box, but plenty of power for sure!

Wolface,

ty14

Tyler
JDSupreme said:
ty14 said:

ya it was unnecessary. that 1st vid was a true out of box impression. I was excited/flustered and not thinking clearly.....quickly followed by PAMFLB bliss :)

I got another video in the works. I have some wicked video editing software I need to put to use. Transitions, music, that old chestnut :p

I have 2 really funny ideas. I might have to pioneer some LB comedy videos

I'm really looking forward to seeing a new video on it.. I'm prolly going to have my girlfriend get me the adapter for my birthday.. With my putting my girlfriends information and giving them my serial number on the box will they put the box under my name or does it even matter? Cuz if it ever breaks i don't want it to be in an "ex" girlfriends name (if that ever happens) but u get what i'm saying i hope?

ty14,

thedeserttortoise

Oh wow... just got my first log. I bought the Myrtlezap from Rick. Been vaking since about 3 pm with it...about 6 hours. The biggest plus over my Launch Box is the consistent flavor. Every hit off my LB is a bit different. The nice part is I now have both.... and I must confess, I never go anywhere without my LB...but with the Extreme and my new Zap at home... I doubt the LB will get much use other than on the road. Just different critter's...... must be why I have two dogs!

thedeserttortoise,

darkrom

Great Scott!
lwien said:
Wolface said:
Yes, It's true, 1 PD stem in PD=good buzz but 1 PD stem in MFLB=better buzz.

Assuming temp is the same, why would it provide a better buzz?

Judging from the looks of my ABV in the PD which is a VERY dark brown, just a shade or two below black, I'm trying to wrap my head around why one would get a better buzz from the LB.

You wouldn't. A lot of people just have a crazy loyalty to MFLB and you can see why. I think it's still worth reminding people that there is no ONE best vape. I think my MFLB is my most important vape since it allows me to vape in situations where I would normally be forced to combust. But if I were to take that same trench and put it in my Da Buddha I'm sure I personally could get much much higher than I'd be able to using the MFLB. It's hard for many people to accept that their favorite vape isn't the best at everything.

darkrom,
Top Bottom