Spacenstein

Does anyone have any suggestions on getting an older MFLB? I want the one that doesn't have the improved air path, but wasn't sure how to go about finding where those models were sold..

Spacenstein,

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
Thevince16 said:
Just picked a box up and i love it, but wasnt sure if i was suppose to register the box with the company or what? how does the life time warranty work?

It's not mandatory to register your box, however Magic Flight has asked people to send them an email to let them know your box number and where you purchased it from as they like to track these things. When I first got my box I shot an email to them at: CustomerService@BlissSville.com . I suggest you do the same.

Stu,

VivaSativa

For those of you who used both the older LBs (before the light was added) and the newer ones (after the push ring was added): Is it me or does the herb's smell escape the LB much more than before?
I used to be able to keep a fresh unvaped trench in the LB and you could barely smell it, and now you can immediately smell it when entering the room..
It looks like there's a bigger gap now between the sliding cover and the wood in the area of the copper wire, so it might have to do with that...
The cover itself is a bit different, the part above the trench got a weird texture and tint after a few uses, never had that happen on my LB that I used for a year.. I don't mind it at all though.
I do love the light and push back ring and O-ring, all great additions.
Can't wait for my PA :p

VivaSativa,

elmomuzz

That just happened...
Under load mine measures 1.15 volts. No load 1.82. There isn't a handy way to attach my probes so I haven't measured current.

elmomuzz,

jurgenk

Just ordered a MFLB from vaporizers.ca last night and a MAHA C9000 with 4 2700 AA's today from thomasdistributing.com (I have a bunch of eneloops already so did not need more than 4 batteries). Previously ordered a PD (should be arriving in the next couple of weeks) so I should be well set up in my introduction to vaping. Thanks to MagicFlight and FC members for answering all and sundry questions here as it helped in my buying decision to see the manufacturer being so available and it looks like a very cool product.

jurgenk,

Noonan

I dunno what I just did differently but I'm ripped :cool:

I bought my MFLB on Christmas Eve and have been only using that since (minus a few blunts on NYE- social burning). I have definitely been getting vaked from it but still didn't have a technique.. every time I would hit it I would switch it up, trying new things to find the right technique.

What I just did was:
Heated the MFLB with herb in the trench for 5 seconds. As soon as I saw vapor coming down the tube I hit it but slow enough so that I could watch the vapor coming out of the tube the entire time.. Basically watching it stream thru the tube as I hit it.

After about 5 seconds of that I started coughing immediately... it didn't feel like I heated too long. I didn't feel anything on the back of my throat/tongue, didn't taste any differently.. and the whole process was less then 12 seconds.

It was a bong rip style cough and I was reaching for the garbage can just incase.

I'm high as shit, can't seem to repeat the technique right now. :/

Noonan,

wildnacatl

Update: My Power adapter button sticks and the cap thats threaded into the body with the hole for the button is a little loose.

wildnacatl,

wildnacatl

Spacenstein said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on getting an older MFLB? I want the one that doesn't have the improved air path, but wasn't sure how to go about finding where those models were sold..

What is this improved air path you speak of?

wildnacatl,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
wildnacatl said:
Update: My Power adapter button sticks and the cap thats threaded into the body with the hole for the button is a little loose.

the outer ring around the button will screw in tighter. give that a try it might help. there are tiny gripper things on it you can use to spin it.

JDSupreme,

Spacenstein

wildnacatl said:
What is this improved air path you speak of?

I just meant that I didn't want to purchase one of the newer model LBs... (the one with the pushback rings, vapor seal, etc)

http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Flight-Launch-Box/dp/B0029NRM2U/ref=lh_ni_t_

What do you guys think about this, though? I'd like an older version like this, but.. Will the beta PA fit in it? Would I experience any major function problems? (i.e. older model -> more problematic??) Help me out if ya can!

I'm so OCD about random shit and having the perfect model mflb is one of those things..

Spacenstein,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
Noonan said:
I dunno what I just did differently but I'm ripped :cool:

Don't you love when that happens :D! I seemingly get more and more vaked every time I hit this thing.

Spacenstein said:
What do you guys think about this, though? I'd like an older version like this, but.. Will the beta PA fit in it? Would I experience any major function problems? (i.e. older model -> more problematic??) Help me out if ya can!

Why exactly do you want an older one? I'm sure the newer ones are... newer - for a reason. But you shouldn't have any problems with the PA, batteries, ect... I believe most things have essentially remained the same they just added small features to the newer boxes. Then again I could be completely wrong.

Blackthoven,

vood

max said:
vood said:
It's a must have for anyone with a launch box.
Glad you like it, but I'd have to disagree with your "must have" statement. That's like saying a bong attachment is a must have for a whip vape. It depends on the person. I'm perfectly happy using my LB with batteries. I use it as a portable and have no desire to give up the ease of use I get with bats for any pluses that the adapter provides.
Well, I suppose we can agree to disagree. I really do feel that the ease of control that the power adapter gives you, as well as the fact that you can always use your box now, regardless if your batteries are charged or not, adds the simplicity and control that I love. I'm set indoors, and outdoors. I think that this device should be part of the standard MFLB experience.

Keep in mind, I didn't really even think I needed this thing when I first read about it being worked on. I decided to give it a try since a high end charger costs almost as much. The power dial is what sells it for me, I really cannot see going without that now. I use it mid-vape and can dial in exactly how I want to draw without worrying about the battery tapering off. Now I am going to set this up with my bong, if I can find a glass 14mm attachment that would fit the MFLB whip (which I will soon purchase).

I think a $160 price point for a package is a fantastic idea. I might even purchase a zebrawood package if they are available later this year.

vood,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
definitely better tasting final trench hits on lower temps. I can vape it at 100. it tastes too harsh (its not burnt, or even black on 100)

JDSupreme,

vood

I love vaping at 100. It is practically like hitting a pipe the vapor builds so quickly. It is harsh after a couple hits, but if you turn the dial back down it really does smooth the taste out.

I will admit though, I have had a couple combustion sparks since I got the PA and having it at 100. Gotta breathe in pretty fast considering the sip technique I learned with the batteries.

vood,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
vood said:
I love vaping at 100. It is practically like hitting a pipe the vapor builds so quickly. It is harsh after a couple hits, but if you turn the dial back down it really does smooth the taste out.

I will admit though, I have had a couple combustion sparks since I got the PA and having it at 100. Gotta breathe in pretty fast considering the sip technique I learned with the batteries.

We can call it the "power sipping" technique :)

JDSupreme,

LaunchBox420

Quinton
So little problem with my launch box...My stem doesnt fit the hole anymore!!
The hole has been stretched from the stem being pushed against it. So my question is...Is there anything i can put on my stem tip to make a more snug fit? anything that wont cause harm preferably :p

LaunchBox420,

SmokingElectricity

I been using my LB more and more these past 3 weeks. mostly due to the fact that i haven't been home. but now when i get home, i still been reaching for the LB over my DBV and MZ. i think the PA is the next logical step to add to the collection.

SmokingElectricity,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
LaunchBox420 said:
So little problem with my launch box...My stem doesnt fit the hole anymore!!
The hole has been stretched from the stem being pushed against it. So my question is...Is there anything i can put on my stem tip to make a more snug fit? anything that wont cause harm preferably :p

mine is the same way. stem fits but is drooopy

JDSupreme,

MFLBetown

Hello FC Forum!
I figured my first post should be a review of this wonderful device. I have been following the forum since about post #150 but never got around to making an account. I've had the flight box since around september, bought it from puffitup (which was a very good choice, cheap and freebies!). Before the flight box, I never owned a vaporizer or even used one for that matter. I remember walking into a smoke shop around July and seeing a wooden box with a temp gauge on it. Intrigued I asked the owner what that was and from there on til September, I researched about all types of vapes and what exactly vaping was. After reading the entire fc forum, I decided that the MFLB was what I needed. It was the best investment I ever made, besides college.lol.

Everyone boasts about portability, design, readiness(heat up time) and all that Jazz. Don't get me wrong, those are what makes the flight box a truly unique device. However since I've been using it, the most important factor that makes me coming back is the amount of money I save. I live in an area where weed is frowned upon, expensive, and not nearly as good as dispensary bud. Every now and then, some dank comes around but it's 20/g! Before the Flight Box I would go through about two oz's a monthI have cut that to an oz every two months and I can get high pretty much everyday! I save soooo much money with this device. For example, about 30 min ago I found an unfinished joint under my seat (cop got behind me), I ripped it apart and got blasted off half a joint! If I was to smoke that, there is no way I would be this high.

Now to the actual box. It has held up good for the most part. First week I got it, I combusted and it left a black area on the screen..not too bad. I did drop the box on concrete and now the plexi-glass?? Door swings left to right with a strong breeze (rubber band fixed that issue ?) This thing in my eyes is a great piece of engineering and love it like it was my kid. I use it at work in the stalls, in my house, movies, anywhere! IK some have mentioned there is a smell, but I have not encountered this. I bought some powerex 2700 batts (4) but they all died on me ? However I bought 4 energizer batteries from Walmart..dont know model, however they are still holding strong and were very easy to peel (no glue mess). This thing is a great novelty piece btw..I have stoner buddies who jizzed when they saw/used the MFLB lol.

Overall this is a great investment. I can't compare to other vapes, but to be honest, I have no urge to try another one out. I have hooked this thing up to bubblers, bongs, and bags, it all does the job extremely well. I'm planning on buying a PA soon, but just found out I have a kid on the way so I gotta save a little. Anyone thinking about buying this, my advise to you is do it. It's backed with a great warranty, customer care, and this forum to help you in your MFLB endevors. Hope I did a good job staying on track, lol. (btw the pics I post, If I figure out how to may have some weed in them. Don't laugh, not all of us are blessed with the privalige of meeting the real Mary Jane, I'm stuck with her twin sister)..k nevermind idk how to upload pics from my computer.

MFLBetown,

MFLBetown

Oh yea i have a little tip since its cold. I take cotton gloves and stuff my MFLB in the palm and cut a tip in the index for the mouthpiece and use the muscle below my thumb to hold the battery under the glove. Once u got it figured it out, it make for some super stealth. Btw if ur walking around and it looks weird to u, wear a jacket with long sleeves and clentch bost fists to make it less obvious..idk if someone posted this already but ya..quick tip

MFLBetown,
Top Bottom