MFLBetown

@Tstat

Yea u cut a small hole on the corner of a ziplock bag, put in mouthpiece, seal with electrical tape. Then when u put the battery in blow through the back holes of the MFLB...can build big clouds with this

MFLBetown,

Steve1525

Yea I was thinking the same thing. Is it possible to make a bag attachment? Something with like a tiny motor that has a built in temp gauge and slows it draw when there's not much power or speeds it up when there's too much power so you never burn the herb would be pretty sweet. I Would think it's possible to build a temp meter that self adjust it's speed to maximize efficiency while not burning you herb. Magic flight just keeps making this box better all the time!! I'm so happy I got a 2 pc. Space case grinder too. It really let's the box shine a lot more! I love the box how it is but now coming out with the PA made it like the ultimate vape that fits all my needs. Thanks!!

Steve1525,

clayton

MAN how much longer do i need to wait for them to charge my card for the PA!!!!

/rant

clayton,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
VivaSativa said:
For those of you who used both the older LBs (before the light was added) and the newer ones (after the push ring was added): Is it me or does the herb's smell escape the LB much more than before?
I used to be able to keep a fresh unvaped trench in the LB and you could barely smell it, and now you can immediately smell it when entering the room..
It looks like there's a bigger gap now between the sliding cover and the wood in the area of the copper wire, so it might have to do with that...
The cover itself is a bit different, the part above the trench got a weird texture and tint after a few uses, never had that happen on my LB that I used for a year.. I don't mind it at all though.
I do love the light and push back ring and O-ring, all great additions.
Can't wait for my PA :p

I got my MFLB a few weeks ago and noticed the depth of the airpath "groove" was allowing some particles to escape the trench and become lodged between the wood and the cover when I shake between hits. I thought this was a design flaw and considered trying to fill the gap with some type of material. This may be why you are smelling the herb more than before, as there is not an airtight seal between the box and the lid.

After looking at pics of older LB's, it appears the airpath was shorter and did not reach the end of the box. It looks like the company has changed the length of the groove by routing/sanding it deeper and extending it from the trench to the back edge of the box. My guess is this allows more fresh air to enter while drawing, and may make controlling draw rate easier.

I've never tried an older model, so can't speak to the effect the new airpath has on performance. I have gotten used to some flakes getting out of the trench when shaking, and now just push the lid aside to tap them back where they belong. As for the smell, I find keeping the box in the cloth pouch helps, and maybe finding an airtight tin for storage when loaded would improve the stealth factor.

Or you could buy crappy herb, and then you wouldn't have an issue with "the FUNK"... :brow:

DaveWaves,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
clayton said:
MAN how much longer do i need to wait for them to charge my card for the PA!!!!

/rant

I believe in an earlier post made by Magicflight that they stated it can be up to three weeks due to the large amount of orders. They charge your card when they send it out.

actually just got an email concerning my order. It states the PA will ship within 10-14 days of placing order. So I am guessing your card will get charged within 2 weeks or placing your order.

DevoTheStrange,

fstim

anyone have a suggestion for cleaning the magic flight whip attachment? I know it's silicone so, I wasn't sure if there is a special way or not.

fstim,

Daddyvapes

fstim said:
anyone have a suggestion for cleaning the magic flight whip attachment? I know it's silicone so, I wasn't sure if there is a special way or not.

I use a Q-Tip and adjust the amount of "fuzz" accordingly..

Daddyvapes,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
fstim said:

I've haven't cleaned mine yet, actually lost it the other day and have been going "native" lately. It had a nice accumulation going, so I was looking forward to "cleaning day"... :(

I read this on Vaporpedia:

"It is okay to use ISO to clean the draw tube accessory, as long as you do not leave it in the ISO for too long (minutes are fine; hours not are good). One good method is to use a regular pipe cleaner soaked in ISO to clean the acrylic draw tube, and then allow it to dry."

:peace:

DaveWaves,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
wildnacatl said:
Spacenstein said:
Does anyone have any suggestions on getting an older MFLB? I want the one that doesn't have the improved air path, but wasn't sure how to go about finding where those models were sold..

What is this improved air path you speak of?

Found this on VP:

"Where is the air intake?
The shallow groove on the top face, connecting the bowl area with the negative terminal ring is the air inlet hole. It's not optional, it is necessary for the functionality of the unit (and certain air patterns, etc)."

DaveWaves,

poprocks2

I have browsed these forums a few times and decided to finally sign up for an account.

I've been using my Vapor Genie for a year and a half and decided to upgrade to the MFLB last month. The thing is amazing! I have a feeling my poor Vapor Genie may begin collecting some dust... :p

poprocks2,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
poprocks2 said:
I have browsed these forums a few times and decided to finally sign up for an account.

I've been using my Vapor Genie for a year and a half and decided to upgrade to the MFLB last month. The thing is amazing! I have a feeling my poor Vapor Genie may begin collecting some dust... :p

Welcome, poprocks2! I was a troll for awhile myself until last week, and have found this to be a very informative site, with a great bunch of people.

Now that you are the proud owner of a MFLB you can donate your VG to a less-fortunate soul who has not joined us in the Vaporist Century. Or keep it as a backup in case you lose or break your LB. :o

I checked out the VG when I first started looking at vapes. It is portable and I'm sure (judging by the many positive reviews I've read) that it works great. For me the idea of battery power (no more butane lighters, burnt fingers, etc.) was the clincher in choosing the LB over the VG. Now that I own one I can see why Magic Flight has such a loyal group of supporters.

I'm sure it's all personal preference, but for my money, the LB was a great purchase.

:2c:

DaveWaves,

chucku

Charles Urbane
DW

The only way to get butane in your lungs is to intentionally inhale it. When using the VG or Iolite as instructed it is impossible to inhale butane. By that time butane is completely converted to heat+CO2+water. The VG works incredibly well and if not careful can overwhelm you with huge lung busting hits. For me the deciding factors in getting the LB was ease of use/added safety when driving and it is much easier to empty and reload.

chucku,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
chucku said:
DW

The only way to get butane in your lungs is to intentionally inhale it. When using the VG or Iolite as instructed it is impossible to inhale butane. By that time butane is completely converted to heat+CO2+water. The VG works incredibly well and if not careful can overwhelm you with huge lung busting hits. For me the deciding factors in getting the LB was ease of use/added safety when driving and it is much easier to empty and reload.

Having not used the VG myself, I had to visualize the design of the VG to realize that you are not actually inhaling the butane stream. That's why I went back and edited my post, to remove the "butane in my lungs" reference. I like the stealth of the MFLB, and it seems easier to use overall.

DaveWaves,

frogbmth

My thoughts on the whole butane / battery thing is this. There are minute risks with both. There may be some impure butane, or it may not burn correctly, but then batteries can give out lithium. We walk down the street and inhale huge lungfulls of very toxic car exhaust, breathing while cooking results in significant quantities of carcinogenic material entering the lungs. Non stick and aluminium pans are toxic too. in perspective what we inhale from burnt butane or batteries is of such insignificant concern it's not worth worrying about.

frogbmth,

sfld

obviously the screen is going to become discolored after many uses

am i the only one who doesn't bother cleaning it? lol im not really worried about looks more so then i am about me getting VAKED

sfld,

lwien

frogbmth said:
My thoughts on the whole butane / battery thing is this. There are minute risks with both. There may be some impure butane, or it may not burn correctly, but then batteries can give out lithium. We walk down the street and inhale huge lungfulls of very toxic car exhaust, breathing while cooking results in significant quantities of carcinogenic material entering the lungs. Non stick and aluminium pans are toxic too. in perspective what we inhale from burnt butane or batteries is of such insignificant concern it's not worth worrying about.

See, I never could understand this argument of "we breath in crap all day so this is insignificant", when in reality, it is all cumulative, so for those that have real concerns, it is totally understandable why they wouldn't want to add anything, regardless how small it may be, into an already bad situation.

I'm not referring to the LB here, but more to the argument in general.

lwien,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
frogbmth said:

I've always had my suspicions that these carcinogenic materials are causing non-smokers to get lung cancer. That being said, I certainly don't want to add to the ones I cannot control, and these things will always worry me to some extent. :)

Vicki,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
frogbmth said:

After almost 35 years of smoking various tobacco products and placing a whole lot of other unhealthy stuff in my body, I'm not going to pretend to be on a health kick here. I intake many unhealthy substances (often intentionally) on a daily basis, so I'm sure butane and lithium are not that significant at this point.

But anything I can do to reduce my consumption has to help, as lwein and Vicki have pointed out. I am now completely smoke-free (my New Year's resolution), and only use my lighter for candles (I know, more toxic stuff :cool: ). Having acquired both portable and home-based vapes and begun progressing along the learning curve of each, I feel better and enjoy my herbs more. Whatever road one chooses to stop smoking, is the right road as far as I'm concerned.

And now, as a testament to the effectiveness of vaporization, I've gotta say that pizza rolls are the ultimate snack when one is nicely vaked after a hard day at work...aww man, more bad stuff! :lol:

DaveWaves,

lwien

Gotta question for MF. If someone purchases a new LaunchBox on Ebay, is the warranty still valid?

lwien,

DaveWaves

Vapor Noob
lwien said:
Gotta question for MF. If someone purchases a new LaunchBox on Ebay, is the warranty still valid?

I bought mine on Amazon, should I be asking a similar question?

DaveWaves,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
DaveWaves said:
lwien said:
DaveWaves said:
I am now completely smoke-free........

Congratulations. I know how difficult that can be.......ESPECIALLY cigs. :clap: :tup:

Guess I should clarify, I didn't mean cigarettes...I quit those years ago! :D

So did I, but it's still ok to pat yourself on the back every so often. :D

I'm fairly sure I read, in this thread, that Magic Flight does cover warranty service on LB's purchased on ebay and Amazon, but I'm not positive.

Vicki,

lwien

Vicki said:
DaveWaves said:
lwien said:
Congratulations. I know how difficult that can be.......ESPECIALLY cigs. :clap: :tup:

Guess I should clarify, I didn't mean cigarettes...I quit those years ago! :D

So did I, but it's still ok to pat yourself on the back every so often. :D

Yup. Congratulations are STILL in order. I quit a long time ago also and I know how hard that can be.

lwien,
Top Bottom