nivid

Could someone tell me how many volts and amps the power adapter puts out? Can't seem to find much info on this.

nivid,

dr3

I just counted 19 clicks on my PA dial, which means there should be 20 positions on the dial. So basically we can use 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 to describe the power level, so if you are at 90% you are only 2 clicks back from max.

I have noticed my PA has started to whore out my box a little, and in that process become somewhat finicky. Sometimes the PA does not deliver the full amount of power that it is set on and I have to rotate or lever the male end slightly and the light gets to where it should be. The PA also is showing a ring about 1/2 inch down from the nipple (like my batteries). My batteries are fitting looser / spin easier after the PA, but still have solid performance and do not need to be rotated or adjusted to get full power. I also noticed after using my batteries all weekend, the PA does not seem to be causing the dimming issue as much as last week when I was a hermit and did not use batteries at all. I'm not using the pushback ring and have set the PA button to where it needs to be. Anyone else experienced this?

dr3,

jambolaya

@anthony- I am thinking as getting an ion and the pa for my mflb as well.
I am wondering how the hits of the pamflb compare to the ion's bags and whip(if you have used a whip). Also how do they compare in efficiency?

jambolaya,

Snafu

pakalolo said:
Snafu said:
here is my LB busting out hash and doing it better then the other hash style vapes

It's not clear what you're using to form the tray, but you should be aware that Magic-Flight does not recommend doing whatever you're doing:

that is a stainless screen set between the positive and negative so that is will draw power! and doesnt do anything differently then the normal screen that is there! the mention in those links was simply for tinfoil there was no mention of taking a precautionary run or twelve with a screen!

finchrock24 said:
While it is under warranty, you still shouldn't do it. If oil were to get on the screen, there is no proven technique that will unclog the screen, other then replacing it. Sure, you can TRY and clean it and doing a cleaning battery run might help, but there is no way to actively clean the screen other then letting it burn.

I was just advising the use of caution when utilizing this product for an unintended purpose.

maybe we can talk about intended purpose :) but the point i was making was simply using a "secondary" screen to achieve the same effect with out the mess and headache :) i guess common sense isnt so common any more :), but thanks for the heads up! i have been using the flight box for some time! and have a tried and true method on which i do this!

Snafu,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Snafu said:
pakalolo said:
Snafu said:
here is my LB busting out hash and doing it better then the other hash style vapes

It's not clear what you're using to form the tray, but you should be aware that Magic-Flight does not recommend doing whatever you're doing:

that is a stainless screen set between the positive and negative so that is will draw power! and doesnt do anything differently then the normal screen that is there! the mention in those links was simply for tinfoil there was no mention of taking a precautionary run or twelve with a screen!

finchrock24 said:
While it is under warranty, you still shouldn't do it. If oil were to get on the screen, there is no proven technique that will unclog the screen, other then replacing it. Sure, you can TRY and clean it and doing a cleaning battery run might help, but there is no way to actively clean the screen other then letting it burn.

I was just advising the use of caution when utilizing this product for an unintended purpose.

maybe we can talk about intended purpose :) but the point i was making was simply using a "secondary" screen to achieve the same effect with out the mess and headache :) i guess common sense isnt so common any more :), but thanks for the heads up! i have been using the flight box for some time! and have a tried and true method on which i do this!

Its not a caution against using oils/liquids in your LB because of power issues. I know that the LB can vape oil all day long, but the screen is what takes the beating.

What is your tried and truth method to cleaning a clogged screen? I'd love to hear it!

finchrock24,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
finchrock24 said:
the mention in those links was simply for tinfoil there was no mention of taking a precautionary run or twelve with a screen!

It also says that a reason for not doing this is that it could affect the electrical properties with possible harm to the LB. While the warranty will cover you, I'm with flinchrock24 in that you should avoid abusing it. It's your LB though, and you are covered, so do what you will. I wouldn't but that's just me.

nivid said:
No... No, it's not. I need to know how much the adapter puts out from the battery looking part. ( The part that goes into the LB )

There's a dial. You turn it, the output varies. The power supply can put out 16 watts, which is four more than the LB design load. Possibly the dial at max is something less than the maximum output. I assume that's what you are really asking.

pakalolo,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
delta 9 said:
Blackthoven i posted a while back that i found the lb airflow was restrictive and hurt my chest , i have made a draw stem with a small hole on the side of it , so it draws fresh air too, i have found this too work very well . it also makes it easier to use as all you do is draw at a normal speed and you get a good hit of vapor . i was going to modify the lb but tryed the stem first as was not sure about doing anything to the box. i am glad i have tryed this and getting the best effect i have ever had from box .push in batt wait 2 sec and you just toke on it like a spliff. the stem is see thru and bent at about 130 degrees the small hole is about an inch away from lb and you can see the vapor goin back to it and mixing with the fresh air.

I see! Sounds like I should give it a try :D - is it possible that you could post some pictures? ^.^

Blackthoven,

nivid

pakalolo said:
There's a dial. You turn it, the output varies. The power supply can put out 16 watts, which is four more than the LB design load. Possibly the dial at max is something less than the maximum output. I assume that's what you are really asking.
Ah....
Is it still 12 volts when it goes into the LB is what I'm asking.

nivid,
Just recently got my magic flight at a local head shop and wow i am so impressed. Thing is great and i love it :D. Are the PA protos still bein sold?

Thevince16,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
finchrock24 said:
Be careful with that technique...if any of your BHO runs through that top screen and onto the MFLB screen your unit is pretty much toast.

BHO is very pure if properly done and will not damage the screen at all. BHO leaves behind nothing but a small discoloration that disappears after a few trenches are vaped. There is nothing left behind to even try to clean with the brush.

DeepFried,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
dr3 said:
I just counted 19 clicks on my PA dial, which means there should be 20 positions on the dial. So basically we can use 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60, 65, 70, 75, 80, 85, 90, 95 and 100 to describe the power level, so if you are at 90% you are only 2 clicks back from max.

I have noticed my PA has started to whore out my box a little, and in that process become somewhat finicky. Sometimes the PA does not deliver the full amount of power that it is set on and I have to rotate or lever the male end slightly and the light gets to where it should be. The PA also is showing a ring about 1/2 inch down from the nipple (like my batteries). My batteries are fitting looser / spin easier after the PA, but still have solid performance and do not need to be rotated or adjusted to get full power. I also noticed after using my batteries all weekend, the PA does not seem to be causing the dimming issue as much as last week when I was a hermit and did not use batteries at all. I'm not using the pushback ring and have set the PA button to where it needs to be. Anyone else experienced this?

My dial doesn't "click" it just rolls.

I have experienced a few times where the light wasn't as bright as it should be, but i cant seem to find a reason...

I roll at 90% :)

JDSupreme,

B.

War Criminal
finchrock24 said:
Be careful with that technique...if any of your BHO runs through that top screen and onto the MFLB screen your unit is pretty much toast.

Not true. Ive run dozens of dabs thru my lb with absolultey no ill effect. My dabs go right pn the screen, and basicallly disappear after i hit them. My screen has a bit of discoloration, but performance has not changed one bit.

Edit: deepfried,just saw your post, that is my experience too.
Also, while bho is cool, im not sure how qwiso would fare. Anyone ever tried bubble hash in the lb?

B.,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Interesting...when magic flight urges not to use oils/extracts I guess they don't know what they are talking about!!!

finchrock24,

Vaporgin.

Mt.BakerVaper
finchrock24 said:
Interesting...when magic flight urges not to use oils/extracts I guess they don't know what they are talking about!!!

I'm sure they do. I highly doubt these urges are not backed by extensive testing and research done by mf.

Vaporgin.,

dr3

JDSupreme said:
My dial doesn't "click" it just rolls.

I have experienced a few times where the light wasn't as bright as it should be, but i cant seem to find a reason...

I roll at 90% :)

Interesting, mine has little notches in the wheel. I've been starting a fresh trench at 80 and working towards max as it gets dark.

As far as the brightness issue it seems to be far less problematic since I used a battery. Not sure but my thought is maybe the terminal that touches the side of the PA is not be making good contact. Not sure -- I can only assume that if the light is not as bright as possible when dialed to max that the box itself is not getting full power.

dr3,

Snafu

finchrock24 said:
What is your tried and truth method to cleaning a clogged screen? I'd love to hear it!

a small stainless steel screen is how i clean the clogged screen! point is not to get it dirty! if you are to much of a stoner not to make a mess then this method isnt for you!

and it wasnt oil i was burning it was crumbly hash :) with a nice melt to it!

here is the method of using the screen so i can make it simply and easy for everyone to understand!

i take a screen (stainless with a fine mesh is what i prefer to use) i bend slightly in the middle (using a small metal poker or pencil eraser so that it looks similar to a bowl), then i pull the sides out slightly to make the screen more oval then circle.

now that you have your screen shaped you lay it across the ditch making sure to have the screen touching both parts of the highest peaks of the ditch (so you can finish the circuit and get the hash to melt :) if you arent clumsy you wont have any mess on your LB screen. the first time i did mess up and made a slight mess but it came clean! i cleaned the screen then hit it with a tad of iso and ran a fresh battery through it for a bit and i have no issues!

but again if you are a clumsy stoner and cant be bothered to pay attention to what you are doing then maybe this isnt for you!

B. said:
Edit: deepfried,just saw your post, that is my experience too.
Also, while bho is cool, im not sure how qwiso would fare. Anyone ever tried bubble hash in the lb?

yes the video i posted was bubble hash! not oil not any thing else but pure bubble hash :)

Vaporgin. said:
finchrock24 said:

I'm sure they do. I highly doubt these urges are not backed by extensive testing and research done by mf.

well when you find out let me know (as it seems that you havent done your homework!)! and if it aint broke dont fix it! Does magic flight even check in on this any more?

hash is not a resistor or a power block so what reason other then ruining the main screen would the warming be there? as i am taking proper precautions to protect the screen and using a different screen in place so that way any build up will remain on the stainless screen and not the ditch screen in the LB.

Snafu,

Gobrian

Just ordered my MFLB from Vape World through VapeChris. He hooked me up with a very nice discount!
Ships tomorrow with free 2-3 day priority shipping! Can't wait to receive it! Thanks again if you see this Chris!

Gobrian,

hanfhead

is high
ili said:
Come on guys, I can't be the only one that manages to have the bulb covered in resin... Am using white widow and a very potent one indeed. Very resinous even when dry, I get vaked with one trench and I manage 8-10 good hits before turning it mostly dark brown... I usually grind it very much between my fingers after a couple of hits when most of the resin has left the surface and doesn't stick much.

Nope same here. I was actually going to ask if anyone had that happen. I thought it had burned out from the power adapter the first time I noticed it. Also I have a ton of resin that collects underneath. I can not put it in my pocket or on its side or the resin runs through the screen and makes the herb stick and burn. I have had to do a battery/brush cleaning cycle after almost every load.

hanfhead,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Well the "bubble" hash I get from the dispensary sure doesn't isn't crumbly...its more of a 'goo' form. I certainly wouldn't put that in the LB...but if its crumbly like kief then the LB is perfect for it.

finchrock24,

Snafu

i have never ever seen goo bubble hash unless it wasnt made proper! usually it is pressed and dark brown or black or crumbled similar to keif i guess after drying. the only goo i have ever seen was BHO or ISO, i too am a proud medical patient and frequent dispensary visitor!

Snafu,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Snafu said:
i have never ever seen goo bubble hash unless it wasnt made proper! usually it is pressed and dark brown or black or crumbled similar to keif i guess after drying. the only goo i have ever seen was BHO or ISO, i too am a proud medical patient and frequent dispensary visitor!

Hey man, I'm not trying to start a fight...maybe they got the label wrong at the dispensary, I don't know...but I'm just telling you what I saw. Have you tried QWISO in the LB using your screen?

I'm just relaying the information MF passes on to the customers about oils/liquids.

finchrock24,
Top Bottom