natural farmer

Actually it's a hint of resin, like a discoloration of some sort. It's on the bottom, it's on the draw hole, on the wires around the bulb and on the bulb. I am pulling some really big rips with very slow pulse hitting and maybe the vapor accumulated in the box between hits forms this resinous condensation. It does not go off with cleaning cycles but only with reduced-size ear buds soaked in ISO.... I thought it was normal until now... I guess if you take only slow continuous this kind of condensation doesn't form but I like big hits! :rolleyes:

natural farmer,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
JDSupreme said:
that's quite odd I've vaped tons of trenches (1000+) and the light has never been discolored in the least bit. the resin all stays on the bottom

and i certainly wouldn't even think about sticking something in there to clean it!!! you're just asking to pop the screen

That is very odd indeed! I haven't experienced that, my light is still bright and beautiful :). I don't see how resin would make its way down there anyway, unless you have extremely fine herb.

I also second JD's statement about the cleansing, the screen is very delicate! If you are going to stick something under the screen you better have surgeon hands :D

Blackthoven,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
chucku said:
Try a cleaning cycle or 2. Empty trench with cover open with fresh battery or pa set to 11 for a minute.

That can't hurt but I don't think it will do much for the light.

If you use the LB correctly then I can't see how the light collects resin. If, however, vapour is allowed to remain inside the chamber after heating stops then there is an opportunity for it to condense, but it would settle on the coolest surfaces first. For example, if the light is getting dirty then I'd expect the cover to be collecting some resin as well.

Something here isn't making sense to me.

ETA While I was preparing my response ili added more information. I now believe that my theory is correct; the LB cools down enough between pulses to allow some condensation.

pakalolo,

natural farmer

Come on guys, I can't be the only one that manages to have the bulb covered in resin... Am using white widow and a very potent one indeed. Very resinous even when dry, I get vaked with one trench and I manage 8-10 good hits before turning it mostly dark brown... I usually grind it very much between my fingers after a couple of hits when most of the resin has left the surface and doesn't stick much.

natural farmer,

upriver

combustion-free
I've also never had a problem with the LED becoming dirty. Are you sure its not just dim batteries? I guess what you put in the LB makes a difference, but I use it daily on average and have noticed no buildup anywhere, not even on the screen in the 6 month I've had it.

upriver,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
I have a quick question :).

Because I find the LB hurts my lungs :( - I decided to try the MFLB through a 2L pop bottle filled with hot water :). So I just tried that and for one thing I'm having a difficult time writing this message :p, but anyway, I was wondering if I was supposed to submerge the stem of the MFLB into the water, like a bong.

I didn't end up doing that, but I did feel as though it was not as cough-inducing as usual. Maybe the steam coming from the water had something to do with that, but then afterwards I thought that maybe I was doing it wrong!

Any input would be appreciated, especially if you've got any other methods of making the vapor more tolerable. I find that it physically hurts my lungs, they feel like dried up prunes or something!

Blackthoven,

natural farmer

upriver said:
I've also never had a problem with the LED becoming dirty. Are you sure its not just dim batteries? I guess what you put in the LB makes a difference, but I use it daily on average and have noticed no buildup anywhere, not even on the screen in the 6 month I've had it.

I am using Powerex 2700's with a Maha WizOne and I can see the resin on the bulb with a flashlight on top of th trench and me looking in the hole...but no pic from in there sadly. I have uploaded another one though that shows the resin on the draw hole.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57144240@N03/5316744043/in/set-72157625730652796/

natural farmer,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
ili said:
...shows the resin on the draw hole.

It sure does. From the looks of that, you are leaving a lot of good stuff behind with your technique. The LB is not suited to recovering that, so it's wasted. If I were you, I'd change my technique, but then if I were you, I wouldn't be after the big hit either. Too wasteful in my opinion, and that pic shows why.

pakalolo,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
ili said:
upriver said:

I am using Powerex 2700's with a Maha WizOne and I can see the resin on the bulb with a flashlight on top of th trench and me looking in the hole...but no pic from in there sadly. I have uploaded another one though that shows the resin on the draw hole.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/57144240@N03/5316744043/in/set-72157625730652796/

I have the same type of build up on one of my LBs...it was the LB I used without the stem. The one I use with the stem does have the resin coloration by the draw hole, but there isn't any significant amount of material there.

Do you use the stem?

finchrock24,

natural farmer

Already trying to have a hotter but steady draw using the Pyromon's technic. This way you don't let vapor in the chamber for too long! :lol:

natural farmer,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Then I think that is why you have the extra build up around the stem hole. The resin that normally would get trapped in the stem is probably getting caught on the box because there is no stem for it to cool on. My stemless LB looks 'messy' like the one you have, however the one with the stem is only slightly discolored and much 'cleaner'.

finchrock24,

RazorRust

Placed an order for PA. cant wait to try it out! Been following the thread for a while, its what made me buy the launch box in the first place. best purchase ive ever made! i use it daily!

RazorRust,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Oh I forgot about a little discovery I made last night. I had always pondered about hooking my LB up to my 18mm 12" water tool but I never came up with a good way for a GonG connection...until now! The picture should sum it up well. It is the LB whip connected to the mini whip of the Extreme Q. Then I just put the elbow in my down stem and thats it! GonG for LB!

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0059.jpg

finchrock24,

liteweight

After using the MFLB almost daily for 5 or 6 months, my batteries that came with the original kit are losing their kick, so I bought a BC-700 and 4 2700 Powerex batteries from Amazon. I also placed an order for the PA since it appears to do even better than the Powerex's.

I plan on seeing what I can get out of my ABV stash which has been getting greener as my battery capacity has been declining. I want the cannabinoids for pain relief which vaporize at higher temps.

I've been a lurker here for about a month. It took me that long to read the entire 307-page thread.

The only thing that scares me is that some of you partake of this herb while hunting. Do firearms and weed really mix well? Nothing personal, never tried it, I just don't want to be in the woods if you're around!

liteweight,

Trakteur

Can any MAHA C-9000 owner explain the difference between break-in mode and refresh & analyze mode? I don't think I understand the difference between both, and in which situation should I use either of them.

EDIT: While I think of it, let me add something !

I just finished a break-in cycle for the 4 batteries that I already had before buying the C-9000 (default batteries that come with the MFLB). Aren't they 2000 mah? The charger showed an average of 2300 mah.

Trakteur,

Anthony

Anthony
Got my MFLB-PA (Power Adapter) in on the 31st (Made New Years much better for my Girlfriend and I ;))

First off I will say that I am 100% impressed and this adapter is worth the money and it truly hits better then when I had batteries new out of the packaging. My girlfriend and I both have Magic-Flights (I got her one for her b-day few months ago) and she loves hers and after using the power adapter she is certain she wants one haha.

I will say that before using this adapter the magic flight was perfect EXCEPT having to use batteries, which was things like dead batteries, batteries dying over time, learning curve.

Good news: This adapter fixes ALL the issues and makes the MFLB perfect.

I also own a Zephyr Ion and I think that will get less use and this is so easy to set up and use and discreet.

-A+ it Makes the MFLB perfect
-The "click" feedback on the adapter is perfect and easy to use and doesn't feel cheap at all.
-The cord seems durable and thick with no signs of a "weak" spot
-MagicFlight needs to add "feet" to the adapter (I added my own)
-MagicFlight needs to add an indicator or label on the "spinning wheel" to show what way is positive and negative.
*Maybe possible woodwork on the adapter's wood to match the Magic Flight Launch Box?

Business Decision Advice
*Lastly This is my 2 cents, but Magic Flight will make a TON of money if they choose to sell a combo deal consisting of:
Everything that normally comes with the Magic Flight Launch Box and the adapter for $149.99
I think that at that price point you would essentially own the vape market as your selling the best portable vape combined with one of the better home vapes at a price that most other "1 trick pony" vapes couldn't even reach. This is my opinion, but I think it would do very well.

Now for the pictures:
CRJgB.jpg

Hqho0.jpg

02RYY.jpg

VXdhU.jpg

wQodG.jpg

YgfRB.jpg

CT8df.jpg

uHzuP.jpg

Rsr0i.jpg

7P5Hn.jpg

OtjeG.jpg

Anyone have questions about it? Just ask and Ill answer best I can.

Anthony,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
Be careful with that technique...if any of your BHO runs through that top screen and onto the MFLB screen your unit is pretty much toast.

finchrock24,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Anthony said:

Did you add the rubber feet or is that how the PA is shipping now?

pakalolo,

Anthony

Anthony
pakalolo said:
Anthony said:

Did you add the rubber feet or is that how the PA is shipping now?

I said, "-MagicFlight needs to add "feet" to the adapter (I added my own)"

Anthony,

Snafu

finchrock24 said:
Be careful with that technique...if any of your BHO runs through that top screen and onto the MFLB screen your unit is pretty much toast.
not really you just burn it off with heat and use the brush and a cleaning with the way the directions recommend!

yeah its a pain in the ass to do it but that is why i use a screen and that wasnt BHO it was just hash :)

Snafu,

delta 9

Blackthoven i posted a while back that i found the lb airflow was restrictive and hurt my chest , i have made a draw stem with a small hole on the side of it , so it draws fresh air too, i have found this too work very well . it also makes it easier to use as all you do is draw at a normal speed and you get a good hit of vapor . i was going to modify the lb but tryed the stem first as was not sure about doing anything to the box. i am glad i have tryed this and getting the best effect i have ever had from box .push in batt wait 2 sec and you just toke on it like a spliff. the stem is see thru and bent at about 130 degrees the small hole is about an inch away from lb and you can see the vapor goin back to it and mixing with the fresh air.

delta 9,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Anthony said:
I said, "-MagicFlight needs to add "feet" to the adapter (I added my own)"

Oops. I missed that part.

Snafu said:
here is my LB busting out hash and doing it better then the other hash style vapes

It's not clear what you're using to form the tray, but you should be aware that Magic-Flight does not recommend doing whatever you're doing:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...so_I_can_use_it_for_oils.2C_powders.2C_etc.3F
http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...nsert_that_allowed_hash_to_be_used_in_a_LB.3F

finchrock24 said:

Not necessarily. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi..._the_screen_is_clogged.2C_what_should_I_do.3F

Also, if the screen does get clogged, there's still the famous Magic-Flight warranty:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Magi...f_I_break_the_Box_through_my_own_stupidity.3F

pakalolo,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
While it is under warranty, you still shouldn't do it. If oil were to get on the screen, there is no proven technique that will unclog the screen, other then replacing it. Sure, you can TRY and clean it and doing a cleaning battery run might help, but there is no way to actively clean the screen other then letting it burn.

I was just advising the use of caution when utilizing this product for an unintended purpose.

finchrock24,
Top Bottom