Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
First break in cycle finished. How do my numbers look?

1 - 2629 mah
2 - 2599 mah
3 - 2584 mah
4 - 2591 mah

Seem similar to others ive seen if i remember correctly. If i do another break in with the same batts will it get even better?

Mr. Smoke No More,

shortwind

Hi. I've very happily had my mflb now for several weeks. One odd thing happened last night. Since I had dropped the draw stem that came with it and was soaking it in alcohol, I used a regular straw to draw on. I placed in the hole maybe an iota deeper than the plastic stem would go. When I inhaled, I got some pieces of herb in my mouth...this happened several times and I finally moved the straw to just barely the opening and was okay after that. Yet I don't see where the herb could've leaked through the screen....what could have happened here and will it damage my mflb?
Thanks!

shortwind,

george

shortwind said:
Hi. I've very happily had my mflb now for several weeks. One odd thing happened last night. Since I had dropped the draw stem that came with it and was soaking it in alcohol, I used a regular straw to draw on. I placed in the hole maybe an iota deeper than the plastic stem would go. When I inhaled, I got some pieces of herb in my mouth...this happened several times and I finally moved the straw to just barely the opening and was okay after that. Yet I don't see where the herb could've leaked through the screen....what could have happened here and will it damage my mflb?
Thanks!

Was your stem okay after soaking?? It's not made to be soaked in alcohal, it's acrylic and it'll melt or something.

george,

OC513

Dabaholic
Mr. Smoke No More said:
First break in cycle finished. How do my numbers look?

1 - 2629 mah
2 - 2599 mah
3 - 2584 mah
4 - 2591 mah

Seem similar to others ive seen if i remember correctly. If i do another break in with the same batts will it get even better?
Those numbers are right where they should be. I am pretty sure another break in wont help. I believe the excepted norm is that batts can come up about 20% short from manufacturers stated mAh.

OC513,

lwien

The capacity of your batts isn't the amount that you put into them, but the amount that gets discharged after they are fully charged and in this case, at least with Eneloops, you will get at least what the manufacturer states they will hold.........but their capacity does increase after about 5 to 8 charge/discharge cycles.

lwien,

Blackthoven

Shaolin Master
OC513 said:
so I tell him its a vaporizer to help me quit smoking cigs, he asks me to take it out, I remain calm and pull it out bottom side with the saying facing up.....officer takes it, reads the saying on the back and says "Thats pretty cool, good luck quitting" and hands it back to me and waves me into court. My wife could not believe it. I was VERY lucky that day, but it really blew my mind that I could show it to an officer and he had zero idea what it really was.

Haha, after they read that quotation on the back, how could they charge you anyway. It's usually the nicest thing I read everyday :). But yeah, vaporizers are so inconspicuous; even though you'd expect police to know what they are, they don't unless they're typical plug in vaporizers I don't think they would suspect anything.

But you are certainly one lucky person, considering that he wasn't curious enough to turn it over! I'm telling you it's definitely that quote ^.^

Blackthoven,

thedeserttortoise

Wow! You know... I still get really frigging tripped out when I see things that are engineered and just plain designed fucking great! In this department... I count things like the old Proto Pipe, and of course the VG, and Extreme. I mean its really cool because you can tell some stoner fucking cool people had their shit together and came up with something.... that if you lost tomorrow, you would be out getting another the very same day. OK, OK... i guess it show's.... I got my Launch Box today. And you know what's even more cool??? It's even better than any description, video, or ad I've seen.... Simplicity at it's best... engineering from the soul..... COOL! PS> The Kodak battery's worked fine..... Tortoise :)

thedeserttortoise,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
george said:
shortwind said:
Thanks!

Was your stem okay after soaking?? It's not made to be soaked in alcohal, it's acrylic and it'll melt or something.

It won't melt but if left too long it will turn cloudy and become brittle. A few minutes might be okay. A better way to clean it is to use a pipe cleaner soaked in ISO. My guess is that it doesn't collect enough wand honey to harvest, but then I used mine maybe twice and stuck it in a drawer. Native is best in my opinion.

shortwind, if the straw was the same diameter as the draw tube you shouldn't be able to insert it so far, since the LB has a little ramp just inside the draw hole to prevent it. Inserting the tube (or straw) too far will let it make contact with the screen, which could damage either the tube or the screen, or both. The block could be worn down to the point where it fails, of course, and I suppose you could force a straw past it even if it isn't worn. There is definitely a risk of damage. As for getting particles in your mouth, perhaps you dislodged the screen a little. The good news: if you did damage your LB, the warranty covers it.

Edited because I came up with a theory about the particles after all

pakalolo,
Hey guys new to the board been searching but haven't found a way to search within a single thread. I'm interested to know how you guys hit your kief in the launch box? I'm no stranger to it just wondering if someone has a great method. It seems to create more vapor under the screen but I am curious to know if I should let that get dense before I take a rip?

I know its probably been discussed often but I'd like to get high and not read through 300 pages.

This is however a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone. The best way to vape on the go.

GrooveVapor,

Mr. Smoke No More

Can't stop the head rush!
New batteries and chager make a world of difference!! Highly recommended. My light is so bright and the vapour delivered while drawing is much more consistent. Draw ever so slightly faster, which is great. Cant wait to go snowboarding on the weekend now.

Mr. Smoke No More,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
dsal1 said:
Here in colorado there are places called Batteries Plus that carry the 2700's. 15.00 for a pack of 4 with case.

Hit the local Batt+ tonight and sure enough there was a stack of 2700's. They also had a C9000 for $69. No thx I need the batts now. I can wait to order charger online. The salesman there was the opposite of helpful. I taught him a few things haha

JDSupreme,

Hammerzeit

Guys, get a vacuum sealing machine and store your herb that way. I just ground a bud into powder with my fingers - like dust sized grains here. Way finer then the electric and aluminum grinders I use, it would be perfect for LB use! I'll try to take a picture tommorow - rly baped atm

It seems to be making a difference in the VG (LB is at home :( ).

Hammerzeit,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
pakalolo said:
trystlb said:
I'm writing this to show others that these batteries are pretty good. I bought an enercell 15 min charger from radio shack. It came with for enercell aa's. I haven't had any problems with the batteries being weak if I discharge them before I recharge them. The charger is pretty cool because it tells you when each individual battery is done.charging. Also no over heating problems whatsoever.

This is not the best option but it works for me because I rarely.have batteries charged beforehand.

Just my 2 cents.

The Vaporpedia entry simply says Radio Shack chargers are not recommended. I thought I'd included the reason why, but I didn't. For the record:

magicflight said:
I tend to be suspicious of Radio Shack chargers--they usually build them with circuits that explicitly exclude them from being used in fast mode with anything other then their own RS batteries (which are far from the best). This tends to make them fairly useless since the RS chargers are therefore incompatible (by design) with everything else--including the batteries we ship.

Glad they're working for you.

Interesting.... not having any problem with eneloops, or powerex's or any other nimh in my 5+ year old expensive radio shack charger. I have dozens of nimh batteries in virtually everyting in our house for years. I have a couple of checp quick chargers but always like this one as it charges C's and D's for my mag lights. I have a c9000 sitting on the door step waiting at home. Be interesting to see what kind of improvement 5+ years of charger design has brought.

Sean

ru_frothi,

slurpeejerky711

GrooveVapor said:
Hey guys new to the board been searching but haven't found a way to search within a single thread. I'm interested to know how you guys hit your kief in the launch box? I'm no stranger to it just wondering if someone has a great method. It seems to create more vapor under the screen but I am curious to know if I should let that get dense before I take a rip?

I know its probably been discussed often but I'd like to get high and not read through 300 pages.

This is however a wonderful product and I highly recommend it to anyone. The best way to vape on the go.

i would say do a thin layer of even spread keif covering the bottom completely, just not thickly

as far as hitting 2 approaches

the 1st hit will be most hot one considering your using a fresh battery, so heat it but do not leave for more than a few seconds and then draw hard quickly and then resume with a soft constant inhale to milk it

my friend loves doing keif shots, he said he got really high off of it but i didnt get anything more than just a really tasty hit, it just didnt hit me as hard fyi

slurpeejerky711,

B.

War Criminal
JDSupreme said:
dsal1 said:
Here in colorado there are places called Batteries Plus that carry the 2700's. 15.00 for a pack of 4 with case.

Hit the local Batt+ tonight and sure enough there was a stack of 2700's. They also had a C9000 for $69. No thx I need the batts now. I can wait to order charger online. The salesman there was the opposite of helpful. I taught him a few things haha

i was also at a batteriesplus, i couldn't find any LSD aa's so i asked the manager if they had any, he didn't know what they were. i explained that they hold their charge longer, 70% or whatever after a year, but he didn't believe me, he insisted that was impossible, no aa battery could be good after a year. motherfucker, all you sell is batteries,how could you not know this?

grabbed some new 2700s anyway. my old 2700s need some reconditioning, i needs a fancy charger.

B.,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
My power adapter is out for delivery today - My excitement cannot be contained lol!

Regarding batts/chargers. I found my old batteries that I had given up on using were brought back to life with a refresh cycle in the C9000 charger. The smart charger to me was a great investment.

Lo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Lo said:
My power adapter is out for delivery today - My excitement cannot be contained lol!

Regarding batts/chargers. I found my old batteries that I had given up on using were brought back to life with a refresh cycle in the C9000 charger. The smart charger to me was a great investment.

Ive been tracking it and its said the same thing since the 15th (processed and left San Diego).....although a lot of times when I track it, it wont show up online until after the package gets here so hopefully it comes today. I WANT IT SOOOO BAD!!! But the fresh set of 2700's help sooo much.

B. said:
i was also at a batteriesplus, i couldn't find any LSD aa's so i asked the manager if they had any, he didn't know what they were. i explained that they hold their charge longer, 70% or whatever after a year, but he didn't believe me, he insisted that was impossible, no aa battery could be good after a year. motherfucker, all you sell is batteries,how could you not know this?
grabbed some new 2700s anyway. my old 2700s need some reconditioning, i needs a fancy charger.

Basically the same thing that happened to me. I wish their charger prices were better or id have picked one up. I have to make that my next priority.

JDSupreme,

chloe

JDSupreme said:
Lo said:

Ive been tracking it and its said the same thing since the 15th (processed and left San Diego).....although a lot of times when I track it, it wont show up online until after the package gets here so hopefully it comes today. I WANT IT SOOOO BAD!!! But the fresh set of 2700's help sooo much.

oh you're lucky...my credit card hasn't been charged yet...I did order early...hopefully there were no hiccups...my mailing addy is in Canada tho

*fingers crossed* i get billed soon :)

chloe,

shortwind

Hi Pakalolo:
Thanks for the feedback. Last night when I used my mflb I did the "native" method and it went well....no bits of herb inhaled. I have really bad persistent asthma, so using the tube was to maybe cool the vapor off a bit...but doing it native didn't adversely affect my lungs. Vaporization has made it possible for me to use "herbal" medicine...and, ironically, this last year of vaporizing (mainly with Iolite) has been a good one for my lungs. Maybe there's some kind of anti-inflammatory component to the herb?
Cheers!

shortwind,

Elluzion

Vapeosaurus Rex
shortwind said:
Hi Pakalolo:
Thanks for the feedback. Last night when I used my mflb I did the "native" method and it went well....no bits of herb inhaled. I have really bad persistent asthma, so using the tube was to maybe cool the vapor off a bit...but doing it native didn't adversely affect my lungs. Vaporization has made it possible for me to use "herbal" medicine...and, ironically, this last year of vaporizing (mainly with Iolite) has been a good one for my lungs. Maybe there's some kind of anti-inflammatory component to the herb?
Cheers!

I wouldn't be surprised. Mary J is the cure to everything. no joke. most useful, beneficial plant, in my opinion.

Too bad its illegal, it would have made an INCREDIBLE paper alternative... can you imagine wiping your ass with hemp toilet paper? :ko:

Elluzion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
B. said:

Any NiMH battery sold pre-charged is LSD, just think about it for a second. Clearly that manager didn't. There's no way a battery store doesn't carry pre-charged batteries.

shortwind said:
Hi Pakalolo:
Cheers!

Glad everything is fine with your LB. Yes, there are anti-inflammatory components. See:

http://www.vaporpedia.com/wiki/Vaporizing_Effects_by_Temperature

pakalolo,

Nycdeisel

shortwind said:
Hi Pakalolo:
Cheers!

Yes, Cannabis(assuming that is the herb you are talking about) does have anti-inflammatory properties, but it also is a broncho-dilator and vaso-dilator, meaning it opens up your airways and blood vessels. It also lowers BP. heres nice chart http://forum.grasscity.com/medical-marijuana/373071-properties-cannabinoids-[pic].html
I once had bronchitis and I was even vapor bonging with hot water when I had it, it really did help.

Nycdeisel,

Zot

Vaping Phool
So I see that some of the power adapters are listed as being out for delivery! I'd love to know exactly when these folks ordered. I put my order in on 12/9, and haven't yet seen a charge on my cc.

When did everyone else order, and what's your status? Curious minds, and all that. :D

Zot,
Top Bottom