cluffy

Vaker
Wolface said:
I don't think there is such a thing as too fine for the LB screen.
I'm with you, coffee grinder all the way. I love the stuff that collects in the corners of the grinder, it's like cotton cannabis!!!!!

cluffy,

wolf torn

cluffy said:
Wolface said:
I don't think there is such a thing as too fine for the LB screen.
I'm with you, coffee grinder all the way. I love the stuff that collects in the corners of the grinder, it's like cotton cannabis!!!!!
Thats too funny

That cotton cannabis smokes SOOOOO good in the LB :D:D:D

wolf torn,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx guys for all the pics !! and for the swiftness ! :)
Now I get it, and will look for a DIY piece this weekend.

But then what's the head of copper that we see in the first pic of JD ? Does it comes with the ring, or is that particular to the new launch box ? I guess it's particular to the the new model coz I don't see this in my Box and it's not on the other pics. Correct if I'm wrong plz :)

Raf007,

stuey

Raf007 said:
Thx guys for all the pics !! and for the swiftness ! :)
Now I get it, and will look for a DIY piece this weekend.

But then what's the head of copper that we see in the first pic of JD ? Does it comes with the ring, or is that particular to the new launch box ? I guess it's particular to the the new model coz I don't see this in my Box and it's not on the other pics. Correct if I'm wrong plz :)
Its the copper thats already in there

stuey,

sundaddy

Raf007 said:
Your eyes are experiencing an optical illusion. What looks in the picture to be a screw, is not. The part you're perceiving to be a slot in a regular screw head, is actually the + contact wire, same as in all boxes. The round part, you're thinking is the head of a screw is the wood behind the contact. The push-back ring is basically a black foam rubber washer. You are seeing through the cutout.

sundaddy,

vaip

Alright Vapeheads :)

My MFLB arrived this morning (got it on the strength of this thread...what a marathon read btw!)
I fuggin love it already! Nothing can prepare you for how ickle this thing really is, even after seeing oodles of pics and vids of it.

I have been using a steinel digi air gun and small glass bong for the last 6 years or so exclusively, so that is my only point of refence regarding vaping....but this thing might put the gun/bong combo into retirement. Seriously. It works REALLY well- taste is as good/better than the aforementioned and it's stealth is awesome, outdoors or in.

My initial tests have been with herbs from grinding, which isn't really fine enough. I've been browning my plant matter slightly.... My preference is to keep the vaping light, giving a dark green ABV. (nice for sleepytime edibles)

Luvvit though :D
Love and respect to you MF :peace:

vaip,

sundaddy

Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to get the ABV to whatever level of brown that you want. Plus the box will mellow a little bit, they seem to run extremely hot at first.

sundaddy,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
sundaddy said:
Once you get the hang of it, you'll be able to get the ABV to whatever level of brown that you want. Plus the box will mellow a little bit, they seem to run extremely hot at first.
Totally. The first day or 2 I got the occasional burnt hit. I think once a light layer of vape resin gets on the screen it seems to not run as hot

JDSupreme,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
sundaddy said:
Plus the box will mellow a little bit, they seem to run extremely hot at first.
I would have to agree. My box is running a tad hot, and I actually combusted once! I was able to dump the trench so that the screen was still ok, though.

Vicki,

chewyrails

A few people in this thread have mentioned the urge to see how far they can push it in terms of stealthy public use. I love the stealthiness, too, but I don't think it's a good idea to push the limits. I am not trying to tell anyone what to do. I'm just suggesting that it's not a good idea. Part of the LBs stealth is that it has a low profile in that people just don't know what it is - they don't know what they're seeing when they see it. My opinion is that it should stay that way, as much as is reasonably possible. Of course the methods of using the box (the visual of one holding it to his or her mouth) will become more commonly known as the box becomes more commonly known, but that's no reason to make it as recognizable as possible.

One LB has already been confiscated by police in one city. That small portion of North America's police force knows what to look for. We don't want that to spread. It's not good for us. Trying to use a LB on a plane is not a good idea. It is unneccesarily risky. The potential repercussions far outweigh the gain; the repercussions of being caught with it go beyond the individual. A larger (and larger and larger...) portion of security forces knowing what the LB is and how it's used can potentially affect many people in a very negative way.

:peace:
CR

chewyrails,

superdawg

So, I like to grind my herb in a coffee grinder until its a fine almost powdery consistency. This seems to work well in the LB as far as "getting good hits" goes. It does blacken fast though....

My question is.. I usually get about a quarter ounce of herb at one time. Would it be okay to grind all this up at the same time? It shouldn't lose any potency if stored like this for a while, right?

superdawg,
hi superdawg prolly gud idea tu grind about couple grams fill trench of lb then rest will prolly fill plastic 35mm film container or go baby food glass dunno keep in fridge or freezer fill trench then grind mor when needed i guess if u go thru a 1/4 oz in week may b ok tu grind all @ once. i like tu grind once a week about its nice tu hav few grams ground & ready for lb or elbow pak 4 EQ

hemp;)goofy8cheerio,

Furiouslyfapping

superdawg said:
So, I like to grind my herb in a coffee grinder until its a fine almost powdery consistency. This seems to work well in the LB as far as "getting good hits" goes. It does blacken fast though....

My question is.. I usually get about a quarter ounce of herb at one time. Would it be okay to grind all this up at the same time? It shouldn't lose any potency if stored like this for a while, right?
I think it should be fine but honestly a quarter ounce man? That would take me months to run through the LB alone (even though I vape up to 5 times a day sometimes.) Personally I think having the weed ground up and sitting for a while is better for it - from what I understand it gives the herb more time to natural turn THC-A into THC. For example, I lost one of the LB's containers full of weed about 3 months ago, I just found it the other day and man - I have never been higher off two hits. It was crazy good weed to begin with but the stuff I have currently is of the same quality and just doesn't do it quite the same as the stuff that sat for a while in my car did.

Give it a shot, after keeping my weed in my hot car at work for a couple of days I notice that it gets a little browner instead of bright green but it vapes so much better afterward. Just my :2c:.

Furiouslyfapping,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Raf007: I live on Maui two months of the year and the rest of the time in Canada, near Toronto. I will not be talking my LB through security and customs on my next trip to Maui.

If I get busted in Canada with a loaded LB, I will almost certainly be reprimanded and have my stuff confiscated. I will probably not be charged, but if I am, it will be a summary offence (a misdemeanor in US terms; I'll get a summons to appear) and since I have no record, even a guilty plea would probably result in an absolute discharge (no record).

If I get busted crossing the border, regardless of anything else that happens I will probably be barred from visiting the US again. I'm not sure that ban applies if you go to court and win, but I don't want to find out.

chewyrails: I can't speak for anyone else but I, for one, am not trying to see how daring I can be. I'm a devout coward. I would not do anything that I wasn't 100% confident would not get me in trouble.

I appreciate your concern about blowing the LB's cover, but frankly I don't believe it will ever reach the point where every cop (or even many cops) will be suspicious every time someone holds a hand up to her mouth for a few seconds. Cops will gradually become aware that the LB is out there but too many people cough, yawn, use inhalers, pick their noses, or just rest their chin in their hands for those actions to become suspicious activities. Just because a police force becomes aware of what an LB is for does not imply that they will be vigilant for people actively using one.

As for airplanes, once you get the LB through security I don't understand why that environment is any riskier than any other public place. If all anyone sees is your hand and not the LB, and you don't allow any exhaust, nobody will be suspicious no matter how well known the LB becomes. Putting your hand up to your mouth is just way too common and natural.

Unless you break out into giggle fits. Those might give you away.

pakalolo,

buck824

sundaddy said:
I have had my box for about six months or so, and have quite a build up of "honey" under the screen, and my LB seems to be running hotter lately, does it make sense that the build up is causing that? I"m still using the same batteries I bought when I got the LB.

I contacted Blissville about cleaning, but what they suggested has not worked. Does anyone else have this with their box, and how have you cleaned it out?

buck824,

vapirtoo

Fellow MFLBers, chewyrails has a point that we all should consider. But we in America
always push the limit so getting busted and having the LB as public enemy one is just
another bump in America's quite bumpy history. Airplanes and terrorists should mean no
stupidness in the air. I mean, damn, getting pinched could sideline the whole flight.:uhoh: .

Hey we have a great product that very few know about. Lets keep it that way. Now having said
that I must confess that all of my personal get high friends have purchased a LB after using mine,
Let our tribe increase. :ninja: .

Oh about herb and letting it sit. The LB seems to like drier herbs. Sometimes I vape herb in a wall
unit for a brief moment then regrind it and use it in the LB. Great results! :brow: . You know
practice, practice, practice. :lol: . Pre-vaped exotic herb is oderless in the LB. :cool: .

vapirtoo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
It only takes a minute to slip into a public restroom, and vap in a stall. (handicap stalls work best) That way no one has to see, but you can still vap when you need it. :)

Vicki,

Furiouslyfapping

Vicki said:
It only takes a minute to slip into a public restroom, and vap in a stall. (handicap stalls work best) That way no one has to see, but you can still vap when you need it. :)
This is true, but take smaller hits than usual (wait 5 seconds to inhale, inhale for 5-10 seconds, then hold it in for 20.) This way nobody will be able to smell it, I've found that people smell it really easily if you take a 20 second hit or so and can't absorb it all into your lungs. If you don't see vapor, but taste it, you're doing it right.

Furiouslyfapping,

Furiouslyfapping

buck824 said:
sundaddy said:
I have had my box for about six months or so, and have quite a build up of "honey" under the screen, and my LB seems to be running hotter lately, does it make sense that the build up is causing that? I"m still using the same batteries I bought when I got the LB.

I contacted Blissville about cleaning, but what they suggested has not worked. Does anyone else have this with their box, and how have you cleaned it out?
If it's on the bottom of the box (the wood, not touching the screen) I personally wouldn't worry about it. I've noticed a little bit of resin collecting in there and it hasn't harmed me. To clean my lb I take one eye-dropper full of 91% isopropyl alcohol and then disperse 3 or so drops and wait for them to evaporate while a battery is in with the acrylic top off. This cleans my lb just fine, that and my super fine brushes I got at Michaels for 99 cents.

Furiouslyfapping,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx Sundaddy, this makes sense. Can't wait to go shopping for a diy pushback ring :)

@Pakalolo, two months a year is not bad at all ! Wish I could do the same.

Abt that stealth issue, it's something we can keep safe for only so long coz one day vaping will become well known and eventually the police will know a lot about it. But as mentioned above putting a hand in front of your face is so common that I think we are pretty much safe as long as there is nothing obvious.

Raf007,
Top Bottom