vapercussion

He didn't need to "assure me" that this wasn't produced for LB use, that's all. It came off as condescending.
Moving on...

vapercussion,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
That reminds me. Max, a while back you said:

The iolite can also be more stealthy in some situations.
That immediately got me curious about what situations those might be, but I wasn't able to post at the time. Share?

pakalolo,

cluffy

Vaker
Got the push-back ring today, it makes life a lot easier. Also adds the the stealth, just pull out of your pocket with one hand, no more pulling out the battery. WAY TO GO MAGIC FLIGHT!!!!!! I still keep the cap on for when I won't be using it for a while, good to put it in 'safe mode'....:o

cluffy,

superdawg

I find that after vaping many trenches of herb, that I have little pieces of herb in the stem.

Am I grinding my herb up too fine? Or is this typical? btw.. I use a coffee grinder to grind the herb to an "almost" powder.

superdawg,

vapirtoo

I just looked at my stem real close with my peepers on.
No plant matter at all; only resin in small globs. I grind
with the small grinder provided in the kit. It never gets
so fine to even approach powder. You may be over doing
it, but the hits have to be intense. :brow: .

vapirtoo,

Raf007

Retailer
@Pakalolo

It might be stealthier coz you are not putting your hand in front of you mouth every min or so. I too, think that the Iolite sometimes looks less suspicious, especially if you use the LB stem.

With the Iolite people think it s a phone or something, with the LB if they look they might wonder. And in a close room the LB smells more than the Iolite (dixit 4 of my coworkers)... that's if you choose to exhale of course.

For ex i sometimes feel more comfy at a terasse caf when I draw on the Iolite than on the LB

But honestly it's a 50-50 because of the hissing sound, the heating procss of the Iolite, the unability to therefore hide it quick, the fix temps and the lack of taste.

To tell you the truth since I got my LB last friday my Iolite hasn't see the light.... :)
so I got to say I LOVE my LB.

But I think I will still use my Iolite, for ex in a dark room like at the theatre the LB process is al little hassle.

Little Q:

Can someone PLZ put a pic of tha pushback ring coz the LB I got don't have it and the shipping cost are too much for France I guess and I m pretty sure I can find something similar in some shop.
Thx !

Raf007,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Raf007 said:
Little Q:

Can someone PLZ put a pic of tha pushback ring coz the LB I got don't have it and the shipping cost are too much for France I guess and I m pretty sure I can find something similar in some shop.
Thx !
lbpushback.jpg

JDSupreme,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx JD !
But hard to see what it is exaclty. Could u or someone take a pic of the ring out of the box or a pic where one can see how it goes plz. ;)

Raf007,

max

Out to lunch
OC513 said:
I think you took Max wrong.....no need to tell him to relax. He is one of the most helpful and knowledgable members out here. :2c:
See my post above about the Apple batts....they are NOT peeled but have a silver label.
Thanks OC, but life and forums have thickened my skin. Whether I'm relaxed or not these days has nothing to do with what I read on a forum.

vapercussion, I didn't mean to sound condescending, but I found it surprising that anyone would think that batteries would be sold with no covering. They only come that way from MF because they're intended to be used with the LB. Anyone else selling AA rechargeables is going to leave them covered so they can be used in more typical applications.

pakalolo said:
The iolite can also be more stealthy in some situations.
As Raf007 said, it's mainly the position of the vape when you're hitting it that's different. Unless you have a tubing extension on the LB, you're normally holding it right up to your mouth as you would a pipe. You can 'one hand' it, which is more stealthy, but with a piece of tubing the iolite can be held down low, out of sight if you're riding in a car, or put into a drink cup with the tubing serving as a straw. Of course the hissing can be an issue, but if you're outside, with typical traffic noise, etc,. and espeically if you're on the move, just walking down the street, an iolite in a drink cup is definitely more stealthy than an LB. There's also no need for opening the unit up to stir the contents, or mess with a temp adjustment as in making and breaking battery contact with the LB.

max,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Thanks max and Raf007. I've never used an iolite so I was having trouble imagining how it could be stealthier given what I've read about the noise. I see your point now though.

pakalolo,

Raf007

Retailer
More than welcome Pakalolo ! (living in dah rainbow state ? )

Thx JD, But what with the screw we can see on the pic in the sponge ?

It got me confused, I had imagine a ring of some sort, but that's apparently not the case.

Now I really wish I could see that piece out of the LB so we can see if it's easy to DIY.

Raf007,

BillieBudd

I'll let JD give the definitive answer but what I see in the center of the ring is not a screw slot but the copper contact that makes the connection...

BillieBudd,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
BillieBudd said:
I'll let JD give the definitive answer but what I see in the center of the ring is not a screw slot but the copper contact that makes the connection...
Correct. Its a contact post for the batt. When the batt is in all the way the ring prevents it from making contact. A little extra push compressing the ring and the batt makes contact. I have no idea what the previous ones look like inside and for the record I haven't pulled it out and examined it but its pretty simple. Less shit to break. Thats what makes the LB so great is its lack on complex parts. Im not sure if its attached to anything but im not going to pull it out to see either. And I also wouldn't go leaving the batt in with the LB in your pocket or anything. It really doesn't take much pressure.

JDSupreme,

Phractal

The MFLB continues to amaze people! I took it with me when I went to visit some friends for the weekend, after using it a few times one of my friends ordered his own MFLB right then and there from amazon.com using his droid.

Phractal,

Raf007

Retailer
Thx guys, but I m still confused at how it fits exactly, :brow:

Hope that someone who bought the pushback ring as an 80c extra will put a pic .

Raf007,

OC513

Dabaholic
Raf007 said:
Thx guys, but I m still confused at how it fits exactly, :brow:

Hope that someone who bought the pushback ring as an 80c extra will put a pic .
I ordered 2 the other day....as soon as they show up I will post pics of it outside the box.

OC513,

machavelli

Justin
I've been meaning to register here on FC for awhile and finally got around to it.

The battery push back ring is just a firm foam piece and can be removed with tweezers if you don't wish to use it any longer. It fits snug and will go right back in, just set it on top of a battery and push it in.

Here are a few pics so you can kind of see what it looks like outside of the box. Please note this isn't an original push back ring from MF. I made this out of some rubber that I found laying around the house because two people who I am close to are unable to move one of their hands. Both are medical marijuana patients here in Michigan and I was looking for a way for them to truly experience the MFLB and how amazing it is compared to smoking. It's not perfectly circular or smooth but hey it works all the same once inside the box.

Just make sure to use something heat resistant. I tried a makeshift foam one and the wire inside got too hot making it useless after its shape was burned into the foam. Hopefully this helps and if anyone has anymore questions I'll do my best to answer them.

machavelli,

OC513

Dabaholic
Well lucky me....got my mail and my Blisssville package was here. Love this pushback ring! Easy one handed operation without ever having to worry about leaving the battery in.....excellent when sharing with noobs.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

OC513,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
Well! I just had an AWESOME weekend with my LB and it's popularity with me has gone up a few notches.

My Wife, Baby and I did some stuff out and about this weekend and that gave me the chance to try out this unit while in public and I was quite impressed.

First stop was our annual carnival on Saturday...I had intended on leaving the grounds for a "break" but spotted a picnicky area off to one side...it was full of poeple but we found a seat at a picnic table and hung out for a few minutes. I was able to hit the box a bunch of times while sitting there totally surrounded by other people, some not more than 6 feet away and at one point and old couple came and sat on the other side of the very same picnic table that I was sitting at and didnt notice a thing--->completely undetected.

Next day and Second stop was our local Zoo. I hauled out the LB and hit it while looking at the Nubian Goat enclosure with people walking all around --> again, completely undetected. I continued to hit it a few more times both as I was walking and while I was at specific encosures looking at animals.

After the Zoo we headed to another yearly festival which was absolutely packed. While walking around the crowds looking at the exhibits for various different countries I was able to pull out my freshly loaded LB and hit it easly as I navigated through the sea of poeple. I also hit it while standing in a line waiting to get some butter chicken...mmmmmMmmm

None of the above could be accomplished by me before the LB came into my posession...crazy!

Only negative I see to this is that I am going to get too brave just trying to see just where I could hit it and get away with it lol (until I get caught) Gotta remeber to not get too comfortable and to make sure and be aware of my '6!

JDSupreme said:
Try cupping the whole LB and using the base of your palm to push batt in (right handed) very discreet!
Gonna give this a try as I have been using my left hand primarily (its what im used to with a lighter/pipe setup)

JDSupreme said:
Flip and tumble after EVERY hit! First hit make sure all of the goodies are out of the bottom trench and flipped around good inside. It can be tough especially with with sticky goods but if ya have to (at least after the first hit) use the brush to get up the stubborn stuff in the bottom. Seems the only time I got burnt stuff was when the same material was on the bottom for more than one hit.
I flip and tumble like crazy...and smack the box with the battery too. I think I just have to consider a trench to be done earlier than I usually would and end up with AVB with a bit of potency to it. So far its hard to turn all green bits to brown without making black bits. I grind fairly finely but I'll try and make sure its extra powdery and see if that helps.

pakalolo said:
Noisy Gnome: That "chunk of wood just inside the suck hole" is there to protect you from inserting a stem too far and damaging the screen. I don't think you could remove it even if you tried. As for it causing a harder draw, that's difficult for me to imagine. In my experience, the hardest thing to teach a new user is not to draw too hard. If anything, that hole could use a little more blockage.
I can see the ledge of wood serving as a "stop" for the stem, but the peice of wood I was describing is in addition to this ledge and is just hangin by a sliver and is definitely not supposed to be there. Its like a little sliver left behind from when the drilling was done perhaps?

cluffy said:
I can get one or two big old hits from the LB's ABV with Da Buddha. I just got back from camping with the LB and it's awesome for when there are kids around, as long as they're occupied they have no clue what's going on.
Yea thats awesome, I see where this unit comes in handy as I get the chance to use it in different situations as I was able to this weekend.

Noisy Gnome,

wolf torn

must say the launch box has changed my life more then anything

I can hit this thing anywhere, I can take a small rip that uses NO bud and still get high.

I'll hit a trench all day conservation max, no smell, very functional high with low use, perfection!

wolf torn,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
Thanks for all the great pics of the pushback ring. I medicate in the garage and after lookin at the pics, I opened a hardware drawer and made myself a pushback ring in about a minute. Two small neoprene washers :brow: Works great

majorpayne66,

GreenLeaf

superdawg said:
I find that after vaping many trenches of herb, that I have little pieces of herb in the stem.

Am I grinding my herb up too fine? Or is this typical? btw.. I use a coffee grinder to grind the herb to an "almost" powder.
It sounds like you are grinding it way too fine.

Just grind it so it's fine like small crumbs. Maybe you're inhaling too hard?

This does not happen to me but I don't even use the stem.

GreenLeaf,
Top Bottom