nickzzzx

They're selling the pushback ring for $ 0.80 on blisssville.com
http://www.blisssville.com/product_...d=211&osCsid=f80348bc53a4e9dc309c2e56ac5bb958

"A push back ring for your Launch Box to keep the battery from accidentally making contact and unexpectedly heating your trench. It easily inserts into your existing Launch Box and can be removed with a pair of tweezers if you decide to exchange or remove it.

You will need to push the battery in a bit harder for battery contact! "

This seems like a great innovation for noobs who forget to remove the battery after taking a hit. I wonder how much extra pressure is needed to press the battery in, can anyone with a pushback ring describe the amount of pressure needed to connect the battery?
Thanks!

nickzzzx,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
nickzzzx said:
http://www.blisssville.com/product_...d=211&osCsid=f80348bc53a4e9dc309c2e56ac5bb958

"A push back ring for your Launch Box to keep the battery from accidentally making contact and unexpectedly heating your trench. It easily inserts into your existing Launch Box and can be removed with a pair of tweezers if you decide to exchange or remove it.

This seems like a great innovation for noobs who forget to remove the battery after taking a hit. I wonder how much extra pressure is needed to press the battery in, can anyone with a pushback ring describe the amount of pressure needed to connect the battery?
Thanks!
I wish I could buy a ring for the trench area. Will that be available for purchase as well?

Vicki,

george

Vicki said:
nickzzzx said:

Thanks!
I wish I could buy a ring for the trench area. Will that be available for purchase as well?
Seconded. I want one for the trench too, whenever i keep it in my pocket, buds get stuck in all the corners.

george,

Zippo024

nickzzzx said:
Thanks!
Its not too bad, ive been holding the box in my fist while hitting it, but holding it any other way can get sort of annoying trying to hold the battery in for the duration of the hit. Its really nice for stealth though, because just a slight release of pressure on your fist and the batts disconnected, no fiddling with the battery or anything!

Zippo024,

george

Zippo024 said:
nickzzzx said:
Thanks!
Its not too bad, ive been holding the box in my fist while hitting it, but holding it any other way can get sort of annoying trying to hold the battery in for the duration of the hit. Its really nice for stealth though, because just a slight release of pressure on your fist and the batts disconnected, no fiddling with the battery or anything!
ya your right about the stealth. But can u take it out easily? and put it back

george,

cluffy

Vaker
Cool. Just ordered the push back ring, I lost my brush anyhow... I did once leave the battery in thinking i was going to get it out of my pocket soon and it wouldn't get pushed in but... it got quite warm. I will be good not to have to pull the battery out when passing it or when you're gonna take another hit SOON!! :-P

My screen came away from the side but I was able to push it back into the groove with a pair of fine tipped curved tweezers. I've also done a little tucking in the corners with the same tool and she's looking pretty tight. Check out the stainless steel tweezers at Meritline.com, they're cheap with free shipping from Hong Kong!!! Did I mention that I can still get one or two rips from the LB's ABV in Da Buddha?? :)

I got some sour dee today and only had time for one Buddha wand before work. Popped a bit in the coffee grinder then into the Launch Box and I rode that sucker to work!!!!:p

cluffy,

max

Out to lunch
nickzzzx said:
But unless your order is $75 or more, you pay shipping. So if all you need is the ring, it'll cost $5.75 total. Since this is a new addition to the LB, and not just an optional accessory, I'd like to see them make the ring a little cheaper to get, especially since it could probably be shipped safely in a 1st class envelope. Total cost maybe around $2-2.50 instead of almost $6, if all you're buying is just the ring.

max,

OC513

Dabaholic
max said:
nickzzzx said:
But unless your order is $75 or more, you pay shipping. So if all you need is the ring, it'll cost $5.75 total. Since this is a new addition to the LB, and not just an optional accessory, I'd like to see them make the ring a little cheaper to get, especially since it could probably be shipped safely in a 1st class envelope. Total cost maybe around $2-2.50 instead of almost $6, if all you're buying is just the ring.
Max I emailed with Blisssville the other day about the rubber bands to hold the box closed. I lost mine and asked if I could buy some. They were kind enough to put them on the site now so people can order them. In their email they specifically said "We usually ship USPS Priority Mail which is $4.95; but if your order is light (under 12 ounces), then we are willing to ship your order First Class Mail for $2. If this is what you prefer, then write "$2 First Class Shipping" in the Comments section of your order and we will make the adjustment on our end." So I would imagine they will do the same for the pushback ring if people ask.

OC513,

max

Out to lunch
OC513 said:
Max I emailed with Blisssville the other day about the rubber bands to hold the box closed. I lost mine and asked if I could buy some. They were kind enough to put them on the site now so people can order them. In their email they specifically said "We usually ship USPS Priority Mail which is $4.95; but if your order is light (under 12 ounces), then we are willing to ship your order First Class Mail for $2. If this is what you prefer, then write "$2 First Class Shipping" in the Comments section of your order and we will make the adjustment on our end." So I would imagine they will do the same for the pushback ring if people ask.
Good deal. Thanks. They should add that info on their shipping and returns page.

max,

stuey

They seem like honest people. Hence they recognise that $5 shipping on a 50c item is excessive.

I dont know if Blissville is run by MF or if Blissville is a truly separate entity. If it is MF would most likely pick a retailer that shared the MF business ideology.. which is.. yes we do want to make money but we dont want to screw people over in the process.

stuey,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
Man, I need one of those pushback rings. I had to put the LB in my pocket in a hurry the other day and didn't have time to remove the battery completely. I forgot all about it until a few minutes later, my pocket started getting really hot. I managed to reach in and pull the battery but it was an awkward moment. Later I found that I'd completely toasted a load, although I didn't see obvious combustion.

I just got back from traveling with the little gem, and if possible, I am even more impressed. I hit it in places I'd never dreamed of. It's dangerous because you get tempted to see how far you can go. I stood under a surveillance camera in an airport with both an airport security agent and a cop within 10 meters and hit the box... because I knew I could.

I offer the following as my own experience only and I accept no responsibility for anyone who attempts what I am about to describe (or have described already). If you can benefit from my experience, good on ya, if you get busted, it's not my fault. Anyway, for the record...

I took my LB through security on a domestic flight in Canada. It was unloaded and brushed clean. First I put everything except the brush and the LB in the bag that came with the LB. I tucked the brush into my digital camera case (lens cleaning you see). Then I put everything except the LB into one pocket of my laptop bag. The LB itself I put separately in another pocket. There was no herb with the laptop.

It didn't draw the slightest attention. I had the most wonderful trip home. First time I've truly been Eight Miles High. :ko:

pakalolo,

george

pakalolo said:
Man, I need one of those pushback rings. I had to put the LB in my pocket in a hurry the other day and didn't have time to remove the battery completely. I forgot all about it until a few minutes later, my pocket started getting really hot. I managed to reach in and pull the battery but it was an awkward moment. Later I found that I'd completely toasted a load, although I didn't see obvious combustion.

I just got back from traveling with the little gem, and if possible, I am even more impressed. I hit it in places I'd never dreamed of. It's dangerous because you get tempted to see how far you can go. I stood under a surveillance camera in an airport with both an airport security agent and a cop within 10 meters and hit the box... because I knew I could.

I offer the following as my own experience only and I accept no responsibility for anyone who attempts what I am about to describe (or have described already). If you can benefit from my experience, good on ya, if you get busted, it's not my fault. Anyway, for the record...

I took my LB through security on a domestic flight in Canada. It was unloaded and brushed clean. First I put everything except the brush and the LB in the bag that came with the LB. I tucked the brush into my digital camera case (lens cleaning you see). Then I put everything except the LB into one pocket of my laptop bag. The LB itself I put separately in another pocket. There was no herb with the laptop.

It didn't draw the slightest attention. I had the most wonderful trip home. First time I've truly been Eight Miles High. :ko:
So did u use it on the plane?

george,

vapirtoo

hey has anyone ever has a non-covered battery heat up in their pocket?
Loose change will complete the circuit and whooo hot seat! :rolleyes: .
dimes and pennies seem to be the most conductive.
Quarters are for high rollers. :lol: .
use those rubber nipples. safe sex and all that. :brow: .

vapirtoo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
herbgirl said:
It was funny when i ordered it my husband sniffed and said "batteries? i hope you just didn't buy a piece of shit - oh well, it's your birthday money"
relax honey, i did the research :rolleyes:

we took it camping for it's maiden voyage and now HE's the one who can't stop praising it. :lol:

I just can't say enough good things about this vape and the company behind it.:D
That was good for a laugh.. thanks.

DeepFried,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Well the energizer batts that came with the 15min charger have the worst layer of sticky shit when you peel them and I have'nt got one clean enough to try yet. I gotta attack them with some Goo Gone later. The 15min charger is gonna end up in my truck since it has an car adapter, and i'll leave the MF charger at home. But I did grab a pack of 2100mah Rayovac Platinum batts @ Walmart that peeled 98% clean and seem to work VERY well (<$10 for 4 batts).

Should I glue the ring on top of the positive end on the peeled batts or are they ok completely naked? (stored in a case or with the battery condom, please practice safe battery play haha)

Also I pick up a generic 6 piece make up brush set for $1.89 that rules too haha it was a total LB accessory trip to wally world yesterday

And I just fill the LB with keif for the first time.....omg

JDSupreme,

herbgirl

cannabis aromatherapist
JDSupreme said:
Well the energizer batts that came with the 15min charger have the worst layer of sticky shit when you peel them and I have'nt got one clean enough to try yet. I gotta attack them with some Goo Gone later. The 15min charger is gonna end up in my truck since it has an car adapter, and i'll leave the MF charger at home. But I did grab a pack of 2100mah Rayovac Platinum batts @ Walmart that peeled 98% clean and seem to work VERY well (<$10 for 4 batts).

Should I glue the ring on top of the positive end on the peeled batts or are they ok completely naked? (stored in a case or with the battery condom, please practice safe battery play haha)

Also I pick up a generic 6 piece make up brush set for $1.89 that rules too haha it was a total LB accessory trip to wally world yesterday

And I just fill the LB with keif for the first time.....omg
goo gone worked for me on those energizer batteries, but be prepared to do some hard rubbing.

the 15 minute charger is nice for car camping.

some of my batts are nekkid, others have the paper rings still on. I don't think it matters for this application, but they are easier to short out w/o the paper ring.

as hubby and i found out the other night, a trench topped with a pinch of kif hits FOREVER! It's a beautiful thing.

herbgirl,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
george: Indeed I did. Using it on the plane was really not risky at all since I had a window seat and could simply pretend to look out the window a bit. That wasn't strictly necessary; nobody has a clue what is happening even when you look them straight in the eye while you hit it. I'm sure that this won't last, though. There was a Medical Marijuana Expo here recently and the result was a couple of articles in the paper about vaporizers. Fortunately, nothing yet about our favorite little stealth buddy ;)

JDSupreme: Some people report success getting rid of that goo with just ISO. I haven't tried that, but someone here suggested WD-40 and that worked nicely for me. Didn't take much rubbing at all.

pakalolo,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Iso didn't work, tried goo gone...eh...think it works on everything EXCEPT these batts. im gonna use the other 2 energizers that aren't peeled in my digital camera. The Rayovac Platinums peel great, work awesome, are easy to obtain, and inexpensive so im set. If one shorts out cause of no ring oh well.

Iso and a tiny rolled paper towel did the stem great.

JDSupreme,

Noisy Gnome

Vapester
Well I ordered my second vape, the MFLB about 1 month ago from VapeWorld and have been using it for about 2 weeks now!

The packaging was nice when I recieved it with a professional presentation. I wasn't very happy with the velvet case as there were little black hairs covering everything it was near. Even all over the screen and inside the stem!:/

Another thing I noticed is that the little section of screen that is facing you when you hit it has corners which stick out and it doesnt seem there is a way to get them to stick in...the screen seems a bit to short perhaps? Anywho I'm not sure it's negatively affecting it's use but little particles of herb do tend to get caught up in there.:(

Also there is a little chunk/chip of wood just inside the suck hole which hinders my view of the indicator light a bit. I dont think the operation has been affected but it may be causing a need for a harder draw (it sort of obstructs the vapor path). Scared to go in with tweezers and haul it outta there for fear a bigger chunk would come out than what it looks like from what I can see and I just don't want to damage this thing.

Also the clear cover seemed to have a bit of greasy substance on it wich has been very hard to get off completely..I think some may be in the wood, so sometime particles stick to the lid...

I see there is now a new model with a sort of ring to help this..and it's totally my luck that I would order just before these came out!:mad: The battery rubber seems like a good idea too!

Like other users I have found there is a bit of a learning curve. I have trouble getting through an entire trench without being left with so blackness to the AVB (which I dont like obvioiusly) It would seems one needs to be extra patient in order to not burn? Either that or maybe you're supposed to refresh the trench earlier than you'd expect and end up with AVB that still has potency to it?

Either way the initial draws are yummy tasting but become less tasty fairly quickly. The more hits you take it seems the easier it is to burn it. By draw 4 I really have to watch my counting and make sure to take the battery out in time becuase by then it is less easy to tell by what I'm inhaling.

It IS stealthy but I don't see how people have been taking hits in front of others or near others without them noticing it...it still looks like your smoking a pipe-ish thing when you are doing it. Kudos to those that have I just don't see how I could do that without being noticed (short stem would help maybe). Also, the unit does have an odour sometimes when not in use and that works against the stealth. I actually got quite a strong whiff one time in my office and have learned to be very careful where I decide to allow it to travel in my pocket.

It is fairly easy to hit while driving and it's nice to just whip it out in the windiest conditions and have a hit. I've enjoyed several times going for a "walk" while at work and coming back slightly happier than before. That IS a nice thing about it...once that trench is loaded it is easy to just haul it out on a whim and have a nice pull from it.:cool:

I just have the two batteries for this unit but they have been working good. So far I have tended to try and use the same battery for too long..thinking a trench might be cashed until shoving a new battery in there and WHAM!...not so cashed...:o

The charger it came with sucks IMO..it will only do 2 at once which is useless for something that only uses one battery. Havent even had a chance to charge anything with it cause I have never let both batteris die yet!

I've saved all the AVB from the MFLB so far and am going to run it through my 'Cano eventually to see just what there is left in the herbs (if any)

Bottom line is that overall I'm happy..I'm still learning the nuances...and hope to perfect the art of hitting it in such a way that I can finish off full trenches with NO blackening of herbs.

Hmm all this writing has made my mind wander to that little wooden box in my car's console that is just crying out to go for a walk...I'm coming Darlin'!!:brow:

Noisy Gnome,

JDSupreme

Head of Pot
Noisy Gnome said:
It IS stealthy but I don't see how people have been taking hits in front of others or near others without them noticing it...it still looks like your smoking a pipe-ish thing when you are doing it. Kudos to those that have I just don't see how I could do that without being noticed (short stem would help maybe). Also, the unit does have an odour sometimes when not in use and that works against the stealth. I actually got quite a strong whiff one time in my office and have learned to be very careful where I decide to allow it to travel in my pocket.
Try cupping the whole LB and using the base of your palm to push batt in (right handed) very discreet!

Like other users I have found there is a bit of a learning curve. I have trouble getting through an entire trench without being left with so blackness to the AVB (which I dont like obvioiusly) It would seems one needs to be extra patient in order to not burn? Either that or maybe you're supposed to refresh the trench earlier than you'd expect and end up with AVB that still has potency to it?
Flip and tumble after EVERY hit! First hit make sure all of the goodies are out of the bottom trench and flipped around good inside. It can be tough especially with with sticky goods but if ya have to (at least after the first hit) use the brush to get up the stubborn stuff in the bottom. Seems the only time I got burnt stuff was when the same material was on the bottom for more than one hit.

The charger it came with sucks IMO..it will only do 2 at once which is useless for something that only uses one battery. Havent even had a chance to charge anything with it cause I have never let both batteris die yet!
It is what it is. There are plenty of charger options tho :)

JDSupreme,

ltmilo

Noisy Gnome said:
yeah really! I don't understand how you guys use it right next to others. It still smells to me. Do I just have really stinky weed? Or am I being paranoid? Or is it just not as stealthy as people say? Cause I think right after I use it, I can't let people come into my room without them smelling it, even if I blow out the window. Maybe I'm paranoid?

Second question: near the end of a battery I'll suck in hot air but when I exhale there is no visible vapor. If there isn't any visible vapor, am I still getting thc?

ltmilo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
JDSupreme said:
Should I glue the ring on top of the positive end on the peeled batts or are they ok completely naked?
don't do that unless you want a battery explosion!... those are the vent holes under that cover, if you get glue in them and they get plugged look out. just go naked.

DeepFried,

pakalolo

Toolbag v1.1 (candidate)
Staff member
I've hit it with my wife (experienced user) sitting across the table looking straight at me and she didn't know until I told her.

For this kind of stealth, you have to hit the LB without any stem. It's then pretty easy to conceal in one hand. In the situation with my wife, however, I happened to use both hands. To her it looked like I was just resting my chin on my hands while she was talking.

Itmilo, I'm betting you go for the big cloud. Big cloud lovers will never achieve stealth. That's because some of a big cloud will escape and then there probably will be both a visible cloud and an odor. If, however, you take shorter hits with lighter vapor, nothing escapes hence there can't be a smell. Remember, exhaled vapor is not just wasteful, it's not stealthy. It can be seen and smelled. You therefore have to be careful not to take in more than you can absorb. The goal is zero vapor on exhale.

The riskiest time when trying to maintain stealth is the 20-30 seconds right after a hit. This has happened to me a couple of times: someone said something to me that required a response. It can be hard to avoid opening your mouth and having a tell-tale cloud escape. So far I've avoided answering until I was fairly sure nothing was left.

Noisy Gnome: That "chunk of wood just inside the suck hole" is there to protect you from inserting a stem too far and damaging the screen. I don't think you could remove it even if you tried. As for it causing a harder draw, that's difficult for me to imagine. In my experience, the hardest thing to teach a new user is not to draw too hard. If anything, that hole could use a little more blockage.

The fact your load is heated unevenly is most likely caused by not shaking enough after every hit, as JDSupreme suggested. It could also be from not grinding finely enough. After a couple of hits, open the cover and crumble up your load some more. Remember, vaping is all about exposing more area to the heat. Keep experimenting, you'll find your sweet spot.

pakalolo,

ltmilo

pakalolo said:
Itmilo, I'm betting you go for the big cloud. Big cloud lovers will never achieve stealth. That's because some of a big cloud will escape and then there probably will be both a visible cloud and an odor. If, however, you take shorter hits with lighter vapor, nothing escapes hence there can't be a smell. Remember, exhaled vapor is not just wasteful, it's not stealthy. It can be seen and smelled. You therefore have to be careful not to take in more than you can absorb. The goal is zero vapor on exhale..
woah i guess i should have researched what i was doing haha. thanks man

ltmilo,
Top Bottom