Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
steven22 said:
I need to clean my LB ... iv used it for 3 months non stop without ever cleaning it... tons of trenches, lost count

it still functions, but under the screen, its really gunky... even through the mouth hole, i see gunk everywhere.

and on the trench, the 2 long sides which form the crease on top... these 2 lines also have some stickyness to it... everytime i shake my herbs, the 2 creases have herb stuck to them cause its sticky.

what should i do?
I've had my LB since February, and mine is similar to yours. I have always just run the battery in an empty trench to clean, but I admit it doesn't get what's under the screen very well.

Vicki,

B.

War Criminal
for the two lines running along the top of the trench, I'm guessing they're covered in black stuff. Put your battery in while the trench is empty and let it heat up. Very carefully, take a knife or scissors or something pointy and very very carefully scrape it off, leaving the battery in the whole time. It will come off easily when the trench is super hot, but if its room temp its stuck like glue.

As for the rest, carefully stick a pokey tool into the "mouth hole" and try to scrape it out. Harvest it, it'll get you high.

Be VERY VERY gently when doing this type of cleaning.

B.,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
max said:
mmenzie said:
...i was given in my kit a 15 min 4 battery charger that will charge in the home or the car and 4 "naked" AA batteries. ... when i take the batteries out of the charger ... the batteries are VERY HOT!!!...
They sent you a 15 min. charger with the vape? I must say I'm surprised if that's the case.
We are surprised to! We never ship 15 minute chargers from the factory. Where did you get the unit bundled that way?

Getting too hot is not good for the batteries -- it tends to ruin them. Obviously, we cannot warranty something we did not make or ship. Was that charger the only one included?

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

collegerower

I had one of the problem black chargers that would not charge correctly. I contacted blissville, and they were GREAT! They sent out my replacement super fast, and it got here way faster than I expected (I live in MA).

The charger they sent is a white one that has their logo printed right on it. It can even do one battery at a time!

Now here is the problem, the first time I charged them with it, the batteries got very hot. When I took them off the charger, they were almost too hot to hold. I am not sure if this is normal for this new kinda charger, or something else.

Anyone have any thoughts?

collegerower,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Anytime the batteries get that hot, damage to them is most likely occurring. Most advanced chargers monitor the temp of the batteries as they charge to not let them get hot enough to start self destructing. Of course the faster a charger pumps current into a battery, the more heat is being created.

Keep an eye on your batteries to make sure nothing starts leaking out of them.

DeepFried,

egghead484

I got my my launchbox two days after i got it (absolutely fantastic) and was first super surprised as to how much smaller it was than i thought. i went up to my room and filled the trench, read the instructions just in case, and got to it. Battery went in, 5 seconds later i was tokin. it smelled faintly for a second then was gone, the battery lasted plenty long and the charger was super fast (about 25 minutes full charge). absolutely fantastic guys, keep it up!

egghead484,

Goodlife101

Living The Good Life
Oh man I need one of these little buddies a.s.a.p. I am putting an order in as soon as I get back from my vacation!!! looks like its the shit and my extreme q is amazing just not on the go :/

Goodlife101,

VivaSativa

I think the dirtweed I got has some sand on it, are there any dangers in vaping sand? Either to the LB or to one's health?

VivaSativa,

whosgottheherb

So my launch box came with some rubber slip on gadgets for the batteries. Can I just slide this over the positive terminal and be safe in my pocket? Nothing will burn?

whosgottheherb,

VapeArts

Lucid Dreamer
whosgottheherb said:
So my launch box came with some rubber slip on gadgets for the batteries. Can I just slide this over the positive terminal and be safe in my pocket? Nothing will burn?
Yes. That's what they're for. I will put one of those on and put the battery in the LB backwards. When I want to use it I just remove the black protective tip and turn the battery around.

Enjoy!

VapeArts,

steven22

Im curious... how did you guys come up with the name " magic flight launch box".. I understand the box part.

steven22,

steven22

B. said:
for the two lines running along the top of the trench, I'm guessing they're covered in black stuff. Put your battery in while the trench is empty and let it heat up. Very carefully, take a knife or scissors or something pointy and very very carefully scrape it off, leaving the battery in the whole time. It will come off easily when the trench is super hot, but if its room temp its stuck like glue.

As for the rest, carefully stick a pokey tool into the "mouth hole" and try to scrape it out. Harvest it, it'll get you high.

ill give that a shot

but i thought there might be step that involves using iso to remove the resin.

not recommended?

steven22,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
steven22 said:
B. said:

ill give that a shot

but i thought there might be step that involves using iso to remove the resin.

not recommended?
I am afraid to even try scraping it for fear I'll damage the screen. Does Magic Flight have any recommendations how to solve this problem?

Vicki,

darkrom

Great Scott!
Do not use iso on the mouthpiece. I asked this question recently and I guess it will destroy it. Just scraping the metal rails clean makes the whole thing taste fresh again. Then just use a pin to clean the mouthpiece.

darkrom,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
darkrom said:
Do not use iso on the mouthpiece. I asked this question recently and I guess it will destroy it. Just scraping the metal rails clean makes the whole thing taste fresh again. Then just use a pin to clean the mouthpiece.
I have no problem cleaning the mouthpiece. I just use a dry cotton swab to carefully absorb any goo, and I never use iso. I am having a hard time figuring out how to get the goo clean from under the screen itself. I hope Magic Flight has a good suggestion for this problem. :)

Vicki,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
VivaSativa said:
I think the dirtweed I got has some sand on it, are there any dangers in vaping sand? Either to the LB or to one's health?
Hi,

Sand is inert -- should be no problem either way.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
steven22 said:
Im curious... how did you guys come up with the name " magic flight launch box".. I understand the box part.
Fairly simple, really: the notion of "flying high" without an airplane is just like magic! The Box gets you there, so that is the "launch" part. The idea for the name just occurred to us one day and immediately on hearing it, we knew that it was perfect.

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Vicki said:
steven22 said:
B. said:
for the two lines running along the top of the trench, I'm guessing they're covered in black stuff. Put your battery in while the trench is empty and let it heat up.
... i thought there might be step that involves using iso to remove the resin.
I am afraid to even try scraping it for fear I'll damage the screen. Does Magic Flight have any recommendations how to solve this problem?
Hi,

Heat does help to soften the residue along the bars. Soaking the brush in ISO and then brushing clear while hot is also an option (make sure to keep the brush bristles at least damp ISO while doing this). As for the inside under the screen, scraping is really the only option.

Bear in mind that cleaning the bowl area is cosmetic only. None of these areas affect the operation of the Box. Like with most grinders, there is an initial buildup in some areas which eventually stabilizes, and then it becomes just 'part of the operation' -- material is neither lost nor gained. We generally recommend that people leave it be and concentrate on maintaining the aesthetics of the exterior wood.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

Zot

Vaping Phool
Vicki said:
I am having a hard time figuring out how to get the goo clean from under the screen itself. I hope Magic Flight has a good suggestion for this problem. :)
Hi Vicki -

I use a wooden toothpick inserted very carefully through the mouthpiece, and scrape the bottom and sides that I can reach. Then (with the battery out and nothing in the LB), I vigorously tap the LB to get the loosened material out the mouth hole. Save those bits in your ABV container for later baking or green dragon prep. :ko: By holding the trench opening up to a strong light source, you can see how clean the underside is. It may be my imagination, (and probably is); but I feel like I get better hits after cleaning it like this.

I do this about every 2-3 weeks. Good luck!

Zot,

ltmilo

I dont understand this breathing through the nose method. How are you sucking any vapor out if you aren't using your mouth?

ltmilo,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Thanks for the quick reply, Magic Flight, unbeatable customer service to be sure. :D

Thanks for your suggestion as well, Zot. :)

I'm probably going to leave it alone, and just keep an eye on it. If it becomes an issue, I'll email Magic Flight privately.

I still love my Launch Box, and still can't live without it. :p

Vicki,
Top Bottom