mlo4sho

Just vaped again last night for attempt #2. I had a much better experience this time, not that the first wasn't any good. I had some sticky dank, much moreso than when I used the MFLB for my first time, so it was tough grinding it up. But, I ground it down a bit finer than last time (as fine as this sticky stuff could get). Took 1 hit (amazingly strong, pure, and just all around awesome taste) and emptied the trench out to crumble the bud up with my fingers. I found after the bud was really broken down (almost powder) the bud was being evenly burned to a nice consistency (no black spots like before, just a dark brown almost "ashy" substance). Needless to say, I LOVE THIS THING.

Just to give you a little insight as to how little it takes: I ground up a .2 (doesn't look like much when you've got this sticky ass dank!) and only ended up smoking a little more than half, as the trench was full. I got 4 nice, tasty hits and one final hit to finish the trench off (not the greastest taste, but still got me bent!). The best part was that I didn't feel the need to take another hit right away. I literally took 1 hit, chilled for a few minutes, took another and then just put the thing down for about a half-hour. I was so impressed at how hard this thing hit me, seriously. I'm the type that when I'm smoking (we smoke blunts) I will take a hit and immediately feel the need to take another right after I exhale. With the MFLB, this went away. I was more than satisfied at the moment and felt no need to take another hit for a while. So I got about 5 good hits out of approximately .15 of bud and was high for the night, when I would usually smoke a whole gram of good bud in one blunt between a friend and I. I can see myself really using a lot less bud with this wonderful product! Thanks so much guys for all your help and info, I'm really starting to get the hang of it and love my new baby! A few pictures for reference. (I apologize for the poor lighting)

Photo0566.jpg

Photo0551.jpg
Photo0552.jpg

mlo4sho,

ynwa

Ive lost my mouthpiece :( . It was there as i was using it, set it down for a game on the xbox, reached for it again and the mouthpiece has fallen out, but i cant find it. Any ideas what to do about replacing it? Just using it native at the minute.

ynwa,

Impressionist

^ Blisssville sells them separately for $.90

Anyway, my launch box screen broke on me. I made the mistake of grinding the herb with my fingers while it was still in the trench. It is no longer attached to the copper rods so I'm guessing it will no longer heat the herb sufficiently anymore. Fortunately, MF is sending me a replacement! Thank you so much for the excellent customer support.

Impressionist,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
starmode said:
I'm just wondering if whether using a four-piece grinder would be wasteful. I can't imagine why Vapeworld would offer to sell one at a reduced price after buying a certain product if the grinder didn't even work for the product.
Sell your 4pc unused and buy a 15.00 electric coffee grinder, you can thank me later.

DeepFried,

GreenLeaf

ynwa said:
Ive lost my mouthpiece :( . It was there as i was using it, set it down for a game on the xbox, reached for it again and the mouthpiece has fallen out, but i cant find it. Any ideas what to do about replacing it? Just using it native at the minute.
Just use the MFLB without the mouthpiece. I don't like the stem mouthpiece so I do not use it at all. Even if I were going to hook the MFLB up to a bong I'd just order a whip from blisssville and use that instead of the stem mouthpiece.

GreenLeaf,

anoncaster

I ordered my MFLB last night late minus the charger. I am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I went and got a 4 eneloop AA's and charger for $20 at Fry's. So I will have 6 total so I hope that will keep me satisfied but I found a source locally where I can get 4 AA's for 11 bucks. Thanks to everyone on here for all the info I am excited to get my new piece.

anoncaster,

RippinRancho

Hey FC crew.. First post here! Alright so I ordered a LB & the first day I used it I thought it was amazing! After only one day of vaping my smokers cough started going away & it felt sooo good. But now I have a problem, my batteries won't charge! I got the black 4 hour USB/wall charger with my kit & when I plug it In the little green light turns on, but I've tried charging my batteries 3 times so far over night in three different sockets & they just won't charge! I'm pretty pissed now cuz I have had to combust the last 2 days & my cough is right back with a vEngence. Can anyone help me!?

RippinRancho,

blakeshotgun

RippinRancho - I have the same charger, got mine monday and have had no issues. You do have to have either 2 or 4 batteries plugged in... ie if the slots are 1234, you have to have 12, 34, or all 4 plugged in.. you can't have a single battery, or 13, or 24. Does that make sense?

blakeshotgun,

RippinRancho

Hmm maybe that's the problem, I've tried charging them in 2 3 & in 1 4. Thanks for the quick reply Blake! Quick question for you.. Is there a light that comEs on when you plug in the batteries? So far the only light I've ever seen on is the green light when it's plugged in

RippinRancho,

Phractal

Hello everyone, I'm new to these forums, this is actually my first post!

I recently bought a Magic Flight Launch Box and am extremely pleased. It's a fantastically engineered device, and the various prototypes and feedback which have helped make it definitely show. So many small features and little things make it perfectly suited to do what it does. Now, the real purpose of my post.

I'm actually interested in making something similar to the LB, but it would be larger, have a whip, possibly a bag and would be plugged into the wall. The only real similarity to the LB would be the heating mechanism, which is the stainless steel screen.
I've used a decent number of pieces and vapes, and many vapes heat by convection, not conduction (in my experience, I might be totally wrong about it). I like the conduction method a lot, I don't know about better or worse than convection, but different and interesting. I have actually been wanting to make my own vape for a while, and I'm trying to come up with a design so I chose to try to use a conduction method like the LB screen.

My first idea is basically a wooded box hollowed out with space for a steel screen, and whatever circuitry would be needed. There would probably be a lid on the top, similar to the LB, and the screen would probably be right under the lid also similar to the LB, I haven't fully decided on a size yet.
The screen would be supported by something similar to the LB, a copper coated steel wire, and this would be hooked up to an AC/DC transformer and other circuitry, and an on/off button or even an analog dial which could be used to control the temperature. I'm an electrical engineer, so I have plenty of experience of hands-on work with circuits and things like this, so I'm fairly confident I could do this.

My question is, does anyone have any other details on the LB, such as mesh type (woven?) and mesh diameter/wire thickness, or even better, a supplier?
Any information on the copper coated steel wire would also be appreciated.
Also, if you could give me some technical specs of the LB, such as resistance of the steel wire/mesh, or the currents/voltages it operates at that would be very helpful.

Any other comments or ideas would be great.

Disclaimer: So, I'm actually lit right now after using the LB for the last 4 hours (off one bowl, I find taking a hit every 10-15 minutes for a few hours gets you to a nice level and makes your stuff last). So this whole post might be the result of a random impulse, but please, humor me.

Mod note: This is the LB thread. We're not going to have a bunch of posts here on how to make an LB clone.

Phractal,

vapirtoo

Ive had my LB for two months, it is my primary vape . Ive had no
problems. The herb must be dry and finely ground for the best effect.
Good looking bud:brow:

vapirtoo,

majorpayne66

Colorado MMJ Patient
RippinRancho said:
Hey FC crew.. First post here! Alright so I ordered a LB & the first day I used it I thought it was amazing! After only one day of vaping my smokers cough started going away & it felt sooo good. But now I have a problem, my batteries won't charge! I got the black 4 hour USB/wall charger with my kit & when I plug it In the little green light turns on, but I've tried charging my batteries 3 times so far over night in three different sockets & they just won't charge! I'm pretty pissed now cuz I have had to combust the last 2 days & my cough is right back with a vEngence. Can anyone help me!?
I had the same problem with the same charger. Worked first day and would not charge after that. I sent everything back to Puffitup.com and they replaced it 2 weeks later with a new kit with 2 hr charger and some extra shwag for the problems.

majorpayne66,

wolf torn

Love this thing :D

Now I need more batteries....

someone give me a suggestion for some good ones

and we are suppose to run them dry before we charge them again right?

wolf torn,

blakeshotgun

RippinRancho said:
Hmm maybe that's the problem, I've tried charging them in 2 3 & in 1 4. Thanks for the quick reply Blake! Quick question for you.. Is there a light that comEs on when you plug in the batteries? So far the only light I've ever seen on is the green light when it's plugged in
On mine there are three lights - red green red, the red ones only on if the pair of batteries above it are charging.

blakeshotgun,

max

Out to lunch
lowfront said:
Love this thing :D

Now I need more batteries....

someone give me a suggestion for some good ones

and we are suppose to run them dry before we charge them again right?
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/ MAHA or Sanyo are good brands. You can go for 2700mAh (or higher), or the low dischage type that won't lose much charge while sitting around unused - MAHA Imedion or Sanyo Eneloop.

It's better to fully discharge before recharging but not essential. You can get an affordable charger that can discharge your batteries for you, then charge them.
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

max,

AreaFour20

Just ordered my new little Launch Box! I had to make an adjustment in the shipping and called the BlissSville phone number and was immediately helped. They are very nice people and I couldn't be happier!
Thanks for all your reviews on this little vape. It helped me make the decision to purchase one.
:peace:

AreaFour20,

spooky

Wow, I can't believe how popular the lunchbox appears to be.

Am I the only one who considers this to be a 100% horrible product?

Mine just sits gathering dust. Biggest waste of money ever.

(just thought this thread could use a little more balance :) I hate to see people throw their money away)

spooky,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
max said:
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/ MAHA or Sanyo are good brands. You can go for 2700mAh (or higher), or the low dischage type that won't lose much charge while sitting around unused - MAHA Imedion or Sanyo Eneloop.

It's better to fully discharge before recharging but not essential. You can get an affordable charger that can discharge your batteries for you, then charge them.
http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7
I bought four packages (4 batteries per package) of the AA Ansmann Max e+, Accu-Battery, 2500 mAh. (one year standby) Got them from Thomas Distributing too. I actually like them better then the Sanyo's that came with the LB. They peel very easily, and seem to keep their power longer too. What's your opinion of these batteries, max? :)

I decided to go ahead and get a better charger than the one that came with the LB too. So, I ordered the one you listed here, with some extra battery cases. :)

Vicki,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
spooky said:

(just thought this thread could use a little more balance :) I hate to see people throw their money away)
Wow, I'm not sure I've ever heard someone be so harsh judging the Launch Box. :(

Vicki,

max

Out to lunch
Vicki said:
AA Ansmann Max e+
I've never tried Ansmann Vicki, but I took a look and they're the highest capacity low discharge battery you can get, at 2500. The next best is 2150.

"The brand new maxE plus cell now comes up with 2500mAh and therefore features an almost 20% increased utilization time of your applications."

I was planning to get some low discharge bats and may just try these out. They're only about a buck fifty more than MAHA or Sanyo.

I've been using that C204FA MAHA charger for years, and I've been very satisfied with it.

spooky said:
(just thought this thread could use a little more balance I hate to see people throw their money away)
A gram of negativity doesn't do much to balance a ton of positive response. IMO you're either using it incorrectly or you have unrealistic expectations.

max,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
spooky said:

Care to support your statement in any way? Why do you think it's horrible and a waste of money? Have I wasted my money every day since March 8?

Tom

tdavie,
Top Bottom