finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
I have a generic metal 4 piece that I use upside down. It provides great results...I'm sure some regular alcohol swabbing around the outside portion where the unit slides will keep it functioning properly.

finchrock24,

af1zle

Took the plunge, ordered today from puffitup.com, total was 84.15, a great deal, and they have free priority USPS shipping, expecting several bonus gifts, and they have an exceptional ebay store rating. It sounds like a better deal than vapeworld.
So anxious! :D

af1zle,

Q_

I'm surprised that everyone always seems to want thicker, cloudier vapor. The LB is my first vape, MZ on the way, and I find the vapor from the LB to be about right -- if it was much thicker I would have an urge to cough, and if it was thinner it would take longer to vape the quantity I want.

Maybe I'm not in as much of a hurry as some others -- I'm perfectly happy with several thin hits instead of a few thick ones. Or maybe it's because my tolerance is so low right now -- I usually only vape half a trench at a time!

Also, visibility of vapor seems like a bad thing to me if you want stealth and neutral otherwise.

Q_,

stuey

I don't seem to get any vapour at all. Is that normal?

Also when vaping there seems to be two distinct temperatures. The first is me drawing very slowly and it feels like warm air its warm enough to definitely notice it but not so hot that its uncomfortable.

The second is when I draw ever so slightly less than that, after a few seconds it feels like more of an irritant, much much hotter (I am wondering if this is getting near to the point of combustion or if this is the heat I'm aiming for and I'm backing off too soon)

What worries me is that everyone talks about some small amount of vapour and I don't have any.

stuey,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
stuey said:
When we were designing this thing, the question was not "what does the vapor look like?", it was "what does it feel like?". As far as we are concerned, the point of interest is to be able to see nothing and yet have full effects. Mysterious/potent -- that is what is wanted.

If people are looking for viability as their primary need, a desktop unit (or a bong) may make a better choice.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
I guess my answer would be yes if you are looking for a big visible cloud. Lighting can have alot to do with it too. If the lighting is just right, you will be able to see the vapor. It wont be as thick as a desktop unit, but it's definitely there. You wouldn't want it that thick because it would be noticeable and isn't the whole point of this unit, besides portability, stealth? If your ABV is brown, you have successfully vaped your trench.

The slower you draw, the hotter the draw. But unless you are seeing bits of black in your ABV, you are not combusting.

momofthegoons,

bontox

magicflight said:
stuey said:
magicflight said:
Note: once you peel the battery, be sure to use it ONLY for the Box -- do NOT re-purpose peeled batteries into other battery operated devices (might destroy the battery or the device or both!).

-- Magic-Flight
Thats worth knowing!!

You might want to put that in the instructions in BIG LETTERS because I doubt people would even think of that.
Hi,

We have. The most recent version of the directions are posted on our website (link near the top middle of the first page). Actually, just about everything in the instructions page is important -- we only included the information most essential to know in the hope that in having less to read, that it would be more likely to get read. As always, your mileage may vary.

-- Magic-Flight
Howdy magicflight,

Im a vapor virgin, so to speak! Launch Box will pop that cherry in a few moments. Dont knowfuck combustions forums moved me. So, I thought I would share. :)

So, I may have for you two more items worth gentle consideration for inclusion within the Launch Boxs instructional sheet: 1) An explanation of what the battery caps were truly designed for use with. 2) An explanation of the chargers LED status ('off' means no batteries present or no present batteries charged and 'on' means charging). Hunting for information on the latter is how I found this cool forum. As for the aforementioned, my friend who introduced me to this device thought the caps were individual ends for each battery. Thus, he would use them only as a way to hold the battery in place during ignition*. Now that I know their true purpose (stealth-portability) I have fodder to tease him with...appropriately. Thanks!

I purchased the LB a few hours ago and the LED just went out on the charger! It is their maiden voyage as well as mine. You see my buddy and I didnt have any combustibles when I first saw this instrument. I fixed that and picked up a Launch Box of my own for good measure. I will do my best *heh* to post my review later. If the LB performs like I know it will it may be much, much later.

:peace:

*Great idea.

bontox,

stuey

magicflight said:
stuey said:
When we were designing this thing, the question was not "what does the vapor look like?", it was "what does it feel like?". As far as we are concerned, the point of interest is to be able to see nothing and yet have full effects. Mysterious/potent -- that is what is wanted.

If people are looking for viability as their primary need, a desktop unit (or a bong) may make a better choice.

-- Magic-Flight
Im not trying to get visible vapor for the sake of visible vapor. Its just everyone else talks about slight vapor and I get non and that makes me wonder if mine is running cold or something.

I have no previous experience of vaping so its difficult to know whats normal and whats not.

stuey,

stuey

momofthegoons said:
I guess my answer would be yes if you are looking for a big visible cloud. Lighting can have alot to do with it too. If the lighting is just right, you will be able to see the vapor. It wont be as thick as a desktop unit, but it's definitely there. You wouldn't want it that thick because it would be noticeable and isn't the whole point of this unit, besides portability, stealth? If your ABV is brown, you have successfully vaped your trench.

The slower you draw, the hotter the draw. But unless you are seeing bits of black in your ABV, you are not combusting.
OK thanks, as long as its working properly then I'm fine with it.

The way people were talking combustion seemed a very real threat when using this vape. TBH my feeling is that it could combust but you really would have to leave it standing for 30 seconds without drawing on it at all for that to happen.

I just started to get the idea that mine wasnt quite hot enough, but maybe it is.

stuey,

B.

War Criminal
Hit the box very slowly native or with a short stem and aim the vapor at the tip of your tongue, you'll be able to taste and feel the change when air turns into vapor.

B.,

stuey

B. said:
Hit the box very slowly native or with a short stem and aim the vapor at the tip of your tongue, you'll be able to taste and feel the change when air turns into vapor.
OK thanks I'll give that a go, I have started using it without a stem but have been moving my tongue out of the way.

stuey,

watertiger

Has anyone tried brake cleaner for cleaning the screen? I used isopropyl for cleaning the tube, and it didn't seem to do much to dissolve the residue. I sprayed some brake cleaner in it and it all came right off. Washed it with water and it was good to go.

Is the LB treated with mineral oil? This would definitely get ruined by the brake cleaner.

Is the general consensus to burn residue off the screen?

watertiger,

stuey

OK could someone watch this video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_nvFW4gE5D8

Thats what I was expecting the vapor to look like , but with mine it looks nothing like that. There is the tiniest wisp of vapor coming out when I put the battery in and none when I exhale.

I'm not actually after vapor!! but all the videos I have watched seem to show some.

stuey,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Stuey; I watched that video on youtube. Sometimes, I get little wisps of vapor like that. Not often. But I can get vapor clouds on the exhale.

Are you getting an effect from your Launch Box though? In spite of the fact that you're getting no visible vapor?

Tom

tdavie,

stuey

tdavie said:
Stuey; I watched that video on youtube. Sometimes, I get little wisps of vapor like that. Not often. But I can get vapor clouds on the exhale.

Are you getting an effect from your Launch Box though? In spite of the fact that you're getting no visible vapor?

Tom
I'm definitely getting effect, but I'm not sure if I'm getting full effect.

I have never used a vape before and understand that the highs are different.

Right now there are effects, fairly good, but they are very easily dismissable, they dont seem to be anywhere as intense as smoking.

So I just dont know if this is a good vape high, and I just need to get used to it or if its not getting hot enough.

Last night I got at least 12 hits and it was definitely starting to turn brown but not this dark brown people keep talking about.

I did quite a bit of research on the LB and TBH its not working like I expected it to, perhaps I am not using it correctly. Like I keep saying the lack of vapour dosent bother me (I actually like it in terms of stealth) but when mine dosent seem to be working like the ones in the videos I have seen, I start to wonder if mine is working correctly.

What's frustrating is that I dont know anyone else with one because a quick go on another one would tell me instantly if mine was working OK or not. If mine is working OK then I will persevere. If mine isnt then it wont make any difference what I do!

stuey,

watertiger

stuey said:
tdavie said:

Tom
I'm definitely getting effect, but I'm not sure if I'm getting full effect.

I have never used a vape before and understand that the highs are different.

Right now there are effects, fairly good, but they are very easily dismissable, they dont seem to be anywhere as intense as smoking.
!
I let mine warm up for 3-4 seconds before i start drawing. Then I draw as lightly as possible, steadily getting stronger until about 10 seconds where I'm clearing it. All the while I'm pulling just slow enough to see the vapor stream.

Make sure its ground up small enough and dry enough that it has good surface contact. I get the same effects as smoking, without the throat and lung burn. My lungs have improved significantly in the week I've been using it. I don't wake up feeling cruddy. Absolutely the best thing I've bought in years.

watertiger,

the ob

all good in the hood.
this is a perfect device for its intended purposes. I just took one very stealthy hit and am feeling it. no smoke, no smell. I love this thing. my only wish is that the battery went in a hole that was parallel, like the side that is opposite of the hole that you inhale from.

i understand that it is not designed that way. I still love it.

the ob,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
watertiger said:
Has anyone tried brake cleaner for cleaning the screen? I used isopropyl for cleaning the tube, and it didn't seem to do much to dissolve the residue. I sprayed some brake cleaner in it and it all came right off. Washed it with water and it was good to go.

Is the LB treated with mineral oil? This would definitely get ruined by the brake cleaner.

Is the general consensus to burn residue off the screen?
are you joking?, if not I hope you start researching cancer treatments for when all those nasty fucking chemicals in the brake cleaner start eating you from the inside out. To make things worse you then washed a sensitive electronic based device with water?

To anyone reading this: please use common sense and don't use anything poisonous to clean any vape.

DeepFried,

hanfhead

is high
DeepFried said:
To anyone reading this: please use common sense and don't use anything poisonous to clean any vape.
I remember reading (probably in this thread) from Magicflight; to clean it, leave it unpacked and the plastic lid opened and insert a battery until it starts to smoke. Remove the battery and then brush the screen off with the included brush.

hanfhead,

stuey

I had a lot more success last night.

Firstly the really really hot air that I thought was smoke, I now believe is vapor. I tried aiming for hits at this temperature. They were a lot more intense and I got some (not huge amounts) but some vapor on exhale .... it looked like the vapor i have seen people exhaling on videos.

What I am finding is this. I insert the battery and wait 4 or 5 seconds. Then I draw and after another 4 or 5 seconds the "hot vapor" begins. FRom the descriptions people have been giving I though that vapor came off as you began drawing (having inserted the battery and waited 4-5 seconds), but mine is taking another 4-5 seconds on top of that.

Is that something others are experiencing?

THe second thing is how lightly I ma drawing. very light is an understatment. Its so light its actually quite difficult to do for any length of time. I am finding that pulsing the draw works better because I can draw a little harder than I could if I did it as a continuous stream.

Any thoughts?

stuey,

stark1

Lonesome Planet
With each draw Stuey, your learning curve should approach exponential rapidly. :/

stark1,

OC513

Dabaholic
stuey said:
I had a lot more success last night.

Firstly the really really hot air that I thought was smoke, I now believe is vapor. I tried aiming for hits at this temperature. They were a lot more intense and I got some (not huge amounts) but some vapor on exhale .... it looked like the vapor i have seen people exhaling on videos.

What I am finding is this. I insert the battery and wait 4 or 5 seconds. Then I draw and after another 4 or 5 seconds the "hot vapor" begins. FRom the descriptions people have been giving I though that vapor came off as you began drawing (having inserted the battery and waited 4-5 seconds), but mine is taking another 4-5 seconds on top of that.

Is that something others are experiencing?

THe second thing is how lightly I ma drawing. very light is an understatment. Its so light its actually quite difficult to do for any length of time. I am finding that pulsing the draw works better because I can draw a little harder than I could if I did it as a continuous stream.

Any thoughts?
Stuey,
after inserting the battery,if you look down the hole you draw from you will see the light, if you stare at it you will actually see when the vapor starts forming and swirling down the hole towards you, then start your draw. This way you will have very little air in your inhale, it will be mostly delicious vapor. Also I find that if you do a kind of "on/off" draw you can take really big hits.......kind of suck lightly for a count of 5. then stop inhaling for a 2 count, then back to a 5 sec draw I can blow pretty big clouds. It seems to give the vapor a chance to build up for that 2 seconds you are not drawing.

OC513,

Panzerkampf

I love this thing, but I have a problem with one of my batteries, there's white stuff thats on it(I think it might be the battery leaking), I cleaned it off, and used it again but the white stuff reappears, so not wanting to kill myself Ive stopped using the battery. My question is am I overreacting? as anyone else ever had white s**t on their battery?

Panzerkampf,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Panzerkampf said:
I love this thing, but I have a problem with one of my batteries, there's white stuff thats on it(I think it might be the battery leaking), I cleaned it off, and used it again but the white stuff reappears, so not wanting to kill myself Ive stopped using the battery. My question is am I overreacting? as anyone else ever had white s**t on their battery?
Hi,

Any emission from the battery definitely indicates that the battery is faulty. Yours will be the very first we have heard of reacting this way -- it is absolutely elegible for warranty replacement. Please contact us privately (via email) describing when/where you bought the Box, the observed behavior/history, and your postal address and we will get this fixed.

-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,
Top Bottom