Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
magicflight said:
At this point, the totality of our leverage depends on our making a primary choice within the next 24 hours. As I mentioned previously, the life of a manufacturing manager can get exciting! The people here on FC are among the most knowledgeable vapor users in the world -- a clear blessing for everyone's benefit. I am very glad to have your votes in this hour of decision.
As I've mentioned to you in the past, I feel the vast majority of users benefit more from low self discharge cells (than from higher capacity rapid self discharge cells). Personally, I don't use any of my 2700/2800 mAH cells anymore, just the 2000/2200 mAH LSD cells.

My last message on the subject went over the specifics (e.g., after two days the higher capacity cells had less capacity left, and every day after that got worse), so I won't repeat them here.

Keep up the good work.

Haywood

Haywood,

obelisk

Idiot (no relation to the Savants)
How about the Ansmann 2500 mah LSD batteries? These, if the company/product is as advertised, could be a good option- they are LSD with a high enough capacity rating. Dunno what the quality of the batts are when compared to the maha or sanyo stuff. I have them and use them regularly, seem to be fine. They peel real easy too, which might be a decision making factor ;)

here is a link: http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

edit:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=34957321&changemode=1

http://www.batteryreview.co.uk/battery_reviews/ansmann_2500_aa.htm

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=257311

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=258325

obelisk,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
obelisk said:
How about the Ansmann 2500 mah LSD batteries? These, if the company/product is as advertised, could be a good option- they are LSD with a high enough capacity rating. Dunno what the quality of the batts are when compared to the maha or sanyo stuff. I have them and use them regularly, seem to be fine. They peel real easy too, which might be a decision making factor ;)

here is a link: http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=a98rm8a91donrsllit8gi3gna7

edit:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1036&message=34957321&changemode=1

http://www.batteryreview.co.uk/battery_reviews/ansmann_2500_aa.htm

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=257311

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=258325
You've bought this particular brand before, and you know they peel easy? That is a big plus for me because I have severe RA in my hands, which makes doing even simple things difficult. I'm not even sure I could peel a battery, especially if it were being stubborn. (not wanting to come off)

I want to order 4 more batteries tomorrow, unless someone says these aren't good. I not only need them to be peel easy, but also be good quality. :)

Vicki,

obelisk

Vicki said:
You've bought this particular brand before, and you know they peel easy?

I not only need them to be peel easy, but also be good quality.
they peel real easy, yes. re quality, they seem fine to me, i've had no cause for complaint, but i don't know how they rate when compared to brands like eneloop and powerex.

just edited to say by real easy i mean no fuss, no glue, just peel and you're all set.

obelisk,

bigknots

Just joined the forums, just ordered a LB from vapenow. VERY STOKED! :D Also have a few questions, does anybody have any experience with vaping spice blends (such as K2) using the LB? I'll be doing so when I get my unit but I was just wondering if anyone else has done so? I'll post my own (future) experiences later if anyone's interested toooo.

bigknots,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
bigknots said:
Just joined the forums, just ordered a LB from vapenow. VERY STOKED! :D Also have a few questions, does anybody have any experience with vaping spice blends (such as K2) using the LB? I'll be doing so when I get my unit but I was just wondering if anyone else has done so? I'll post my own (future) experiences later if anyone's interested toooo.
Thats my area of specialty since I have not/will not be able to consume cannabis for about 4 more months. I haven't used bud in 2 months.. GASP. :| I use the JWH-018 compounds which are added to various herbal blends. These blends do in fact work very well with the launchbox but the technique does vary a little bit from vaping actual cannabis.

With my launchbox at least, I have to suck in quite rapidly with cannabis because the box runs pretty warm and I want to avoid burning or releasing much smell. With the jwh stuff (spice, k2, darwin, etc), you're defiantly going to want to suck slower as to get the herb vaping at higher temperatures. The blends at the higher temperature will extract the compound effectively and deliver a nice punch in the face high. :ko:

Play around with it for a bit, you'll get the jist of it. Any additional questions, feel free to shoot a question directed to me or even check out the Darwins Head Stash thread in general vape discussion.

HighSti,

realcoolguy

HighSti said:
bigknots said:
Thats my area of specialty since I have not/will not be able to consume cannabis for about 4 more months. I haven't used bud in 2 months.. GASP. :| I use the JWH-018 compounds which are added to various herbal blends. These blends do in fact work very well with the launchbox but the technique does vary a little bit from vaping actual cannabis.

With my launchbox at least, I have to suck in quite rapidly with cannabis because the box runs pretty warm and I want to avoid burning or releasing much smell. With the jwh stuff (spice, k2, darwin, etc), you're defiantly going to want to suck slower as to get the herb vaping at higher temperatures. The blends at the higher temperature will extract the compound effectively and deliver a nice punch in the face high. :ko:

Play around with it for a bit, you'll get the jist of it. Any additional questions, feel free to shoot a question directed to me or even check out the Darwins Head Stash thread in general vape discussion.
Does the Launch Box fit in your jean's fifth pocket?
I'm getting it anyway, once I get the cash. But I wanted to know just so I can plan my setup.
Thanks.

realcoolguy,

MagicMists

You mean the little pocket for coins? Yes, at least it does in my jeans. I can fit the LB and at least one battery next to it. I can even fit it in there with the battery inserted (backwards so it doesn't start heating the unit). I haven't been carrying it around that way but I'm going to start. Thanks for asking the question!

MagicMists,

ceitus

Hi all, my lb arrived this morning and I'm trying it out now. After my first trench I noticed the sides of the ' shoulders ' are getting some stain like scorch marks. I assume this is normal and I'm not damaging the screen ?

Kinda like on this pic ( notice the sides )

magicflightlaunchbox_MED.JPG

ceitus,

MagicMists

ceitus said:
Hi all, my lb arrived this morning and I'm trying it out now. After my first trench I noticed the sides of the ' shoulders ' are getting some stain like scorch marks. I assume this is normal and I'm not damaging the screen ?

Kinda like on this pic ( notice the sides )
Based on my experience that looks normal to me.

MagicMists,

DevoTheStrange

Ia! Ia! Vapor Fthagn!
realcoolguy said:
I'm getting it anyway, once I get the cash. But I wanted to know just so I can plan my setup.
Thanks.
I think it would depend on the cut of the jeans... with the brand I wear the MFLB, double battery case, and the mouth piece fit in my coin/5th pocket. however I own a few pairs where only the LB fits and nothing else.

DevoTheStrange,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
obelisk said:
Vicki said:
You've bought this particular brand before, and you know they peel easy?

I not only need them to be peel easy, but also be good quality.
they peel real easy, yes. re quality, they seem fine to me, i've had no cause for complaint, but i don't know how they rate when compared to brands like eneloop and powerex.

just edited to say by real easy i mean no fuss, no glue, just peel and you're all set.
Very nice, thanks so much for all the info! :)

I just finished placing my order at Thomas, and I decided to get 2-4 packs, 8 total batteries. I should be set for batteries for a while. I might need a charger that holds more batteries, though. :D

Vicki,

realcoolguy

DevoTheStrange, MagicMists

I wear Levi's 501's and I like them tight to accentuate my nice round ass.
It sounds like I wont have any problem fitting my LB in that tight little pocket.

Thanks dudes.

realcoolguy,

VapeWorld

vapor.com (formerly VapeWorld.com)
Retailer
Hey guys just to let you know we get a new shipment of launch boxes from Magic-Flight every other week. If we have or had older models we were never told by the manufacturer their was a change. Our newest shipment came in a week ago so we would have to only have the newest launch boxes available, if you get yours and you have an older model we will get it fixed for you.

Also if any of you are attending INTCHE in Daly City this weekend, Vape World will be there with some Magic guests to help us sell only the newest model Launch Boxes. :)

VapeWorld,

tut

Magicflight

when is the power adapter going to come out? if you cant give specific date at least give a general
thanks

tut,

chloe

realcoolguy said:

It sounds like I wont have any problem fitting my LB in that tight little pocket.

Thanks dudes.
:lol:
that is awesome! first battery talk and now after its pretty clear which batteries are good, its now moved on to jeans...i love it!

i don't see that word used to often "accentuate" and esp in that context..thanks for a great laugh

for the record i have 1 pair of women's pants that i wear :D (it was made of hemp and I'm skinny and it fit..what can i say? :cool:) and the pockets are tight (as well as the crotch area :uhoh: )...but the box still fits in those pockets just fine..never had a problem yet with this unit in any pocket so far

chloe,

finchrock24

Proud MMJ Patient
My unit seems to make a small zap or crackle noise on occasion when my battery is inserted. Also, sometimes my LED light doesn't come on right away and I have to twist the battery a bit to get it to light up and start heating up. I usually hear the noise when I have to twist the battery. Should I email Magic Flight and see whats up with my unit?

finchrock24,

obelisk

VapeChris said:
Hey guys just to let you know we get a new shipment of launch boxes from Magic-Flight every other week. If we have or had older models we were never told by the manufacturer their was a change. Our newest shipment came in a week ago so we would have to only have the newest launch boxes available, if you get yours and you have an older model we will get it fixed for you.

Also if any of you are attending INTCHE in Daly City this weekend, Vape World will be there with some Magic guests to help us sell only the newest model Launch Boxes. :)
What's the difference between the old and new models?

obelisk,

alucard

VapeChris said:

I got mine a little over a week ago. How would I know if it were the old model?

alucard,

realcoolguy

chloe said:
realcoolguy said:

Thanks dudes.
:lol:
that is awesome! first battery talk and now after its pretty clear which batteries are good, its now moved on to jeans...i love it!

i don't see that word used to often "accentuate" and esp in that context..thanks for a great laugh

for the record i have 1 pair of women's pants that i wear :D (it was made of hemp and I'm skinny and it fit..what can i say? :cool:) and the pockets are tight (as well as the crotch area :uhoh: )...but the box still fits in those pockets just fine..never had a problem yet with this unit in any pocket so far
Sounds HOT! :brow:

I'm literally about to explode in anticipation for this thing.
Peace and Love everyone!

realcoolguy,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Hi All,

Just to clear up some possible confusions: 1) We have been, and will continue to, ship the very best LSD type NiMH batteries available. We do still continue to recommend the Sanyo Eneloop batteries, acknowledging that peeling the label off of these can be rather difficult. 2) There have been no changes in the basic Box design for several months -- all vendors currently carrying the Box have the most recent model.

Hope that this helps!
-- Magic-Flight

magicflight,

VapeWorld

vapor.com (formerly VapeWorld.com)
Retailer
obelisk said:
What's the difference between the old and new models?
Some of the early, early models did not have the light - I haven't noticed a difference since then in changes. Maybe slight changes in the charger model type but like magicflight themselves just said there hasn't been changes for months.

alucard said:
I got mine a little over a week ago. How would I know if it were the old model?
You def have the newest model available. Especially since what magicflight just posted. :)

VapeWorld,

stuey

Hello

Just ordered a LB (my first vape)

Did quite a bit of research as I was initially interested in the iolite but having read so much on the LB, it seemed that the LB was exactly what I was after.

Anyway, my question is regarding grinders and the LB]

What is the best grinder for use with the LB? is it the "official" grinder they are selling on their site?

Separating the Keif.... is it better to do this or not?

The only reason I can see to do this is if the keif gums up the LB.. so do I need a grinder that does this?

People keep saying the grind needs to be fine.. what I cant work out is that if it needs to be finer than a standard grinder does?

So with all that in mind, what am I looking for and could people suggest a few possibilities. I am not too fussed on costs, I don't want to pay money for the sake of it but I will happily pay more for a better product.

Thanks in advance

stuey,

steiner666

Serial vapist
I'd recommend a small (2" probably) 2-piece grinder for use with the LB. They grind the stuff up finer than a 3 or 4 piece would, because the herb doesnt have holes to fall through and keeps getting grinded up until you stop. You really need a good fine grind, more so than for most other vapes def. Get a metal grinder though, one with sharp teeth. Dont get an acrylic/wooden grinder with the peg-style teeth, those don't do the job well enough with more herb.

I find that herb vapes best if its grinded to almost as fine as kief, so there isnt any point in trying to separate it really, i just dump/brush it all out of the grinder and onto a folded piece of paper (post-it note usually, sticky side DOWN tho for sure:lol: )and then dump into the trench.

Something like one of these, even if not the exact same manufacturer:
http://www.vapeworld.com/herb-grinders/space-case/2-piece-grinders/small-space-case-2pc-mag-grinder
http://www.vapeworld.com/herb-grind...ers/small-titanium-space-case-2pc-mag-grinder

steiner666,

stuey

Thanks for that.

I'm now not sure if I should get a the one you recommended or the Space Case Scout grinder.. which I believe is exactly the same grinder as you recommended but with a storage case on the bottom.

http://www.puresativa.com/product.php?pid=2427

Any thoughts as to whether or not the storage compartment would be useful or not?

My thinking is it would be easier to get the weed into the storage compartment because its the same size as the grinder, so they should fit together, flip it over and its in the storage pot.

Because the storage pot hasn't got any teeth it should be easy to pour into the LB.

What do you think?

stuey,
Top Bottom