darth_vapor

I had a crappy $10 gas station generic grinder, really didn't do a very good job and the kif screen had sort of fallen through, which was annoying... I got the custom mini grinder from Blisssville- it is sort of adorable and does exactly fit the LB trench opening circle, but it's kind of small. Just a little too small, it will do a fine grind, but only a pinch per go. I still like it and will keep it, but I wanted something with a stash compartment, so I got a SpaceCase Scout and a MixNBall Combat. The MixNBall is cool, but I'm confused why they sell replacement O-rings for it, since there are no o-rings on mine. Maybe I'd like it better if I got an o-ring for it. I don't like the metal-on-metal sound and the grind is OK. I will use it probably mostly for larger grinding jobs.

The SpaceCase Scout is the best grinder I've used! I didn't spring for the kif screen since I read that the LB doesn't really take straight kif that well without clogging, so I'm just going to let it stick to the rest of the herb in the case and eventually get it that way. It definitely gets a fast and quiet super-fine grind. Definitely worth it.

I highly recommend anyone using an asthma spacer with the LB (I've got the aero-chamber). If I'm at home, it's the only way to go in my mind.

Also, ABVs on ritz + PB after 20 minutes @ 350 deg wrapped in foil in oven are pretty astounding! The two I ate last night at 1 am had me pretty blasted 12 hours later...

darth_vapor,

B.

War Criminal
darth_vapor said:
The SpaceCase Scout is the best grinder I've used! I didn't spring for the kif screen since I read that the LB doesn't really take straight kif that well without clogging
I use kief in my LB all the time, mixed with a little bud, it works just fine. I've tried straight kief, and it has worked for me a handful of times, but my preference is the weed/kief combo.

OK, so this is a question from the MyrtleZap page, but there seem to be some smart folks on this thread, so here goes:

Howie Feltersnatch said:
AGBeer said:
Strangely enough, I think that I noticed 'bigger' hits from the Zap when using the tubing as well. I dont get it either... Maybe longer path = vapor leverage?

Rockin... Vapor Leverage it is. Wanna start a band?
That does seem to be the common consensus, which is really weird. Common sense and general mechanical principles would tell me the opposite. i.e. that a longer hose would reduce the efficiency. Maybe there is some kind of cumulative increase at a point before it gets too long?

I am sure most of us were stoned or skipping class the day they covered that effect in Science Class. ;)
Anyone care to explain this over on the MZ thread? I'm one curious MF-er.

B.,

reece

synaesthetique said:
maybe he was hitting it in native mode without the stem and just palmed it to look like he was coughing or something... not that hard to do as long as you don't take big rips just get a couple quick ones
Ding ding ding ding.

I'm with you guys. I was waiting for the "what the fuck are you doing" look but it never came. I just palmed it with my left hand. I'm able to insert and remove the battery with one hand that way. And that is when I think it looks most awkward because I'm now doing something kind of weird with my fingers. Now that I thin about it, I may have moved my hand under the table at that point to shake it. I can't remember.

But yeah, I palmed it and held my hand to my face as if I was resting my chin. But I have to chill. I'm acting like a kid with this thing.

reece,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Who here would love to see a version of the LB with a button on the bottom of the box that would engage the battery while pressed and cut off the power when released? :brow: (so one could hold it as described in the post above and pulse the heat easily with their thumb ;) ).

I'd personally pay extra for the increase in parts, labor, and potential warranty issues. :D

Magic Flight?... :shrug: Any chance?... :shrug:Someday?... :lol:

Progress,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
This has been a great/informative thread, but I gotta tell you, I'm on page 18 and I don't think I can read anymore!!!

I'm convinced that this would be a great little unit to have and will be ordering one soon. I saw a reference to a discount for FC members through Blisssville early in the thread, but no coupon code was mentioned. It still hasn't been by page 18 and things are starting to get redundant on the thread. Could anyone help me (and my poor strained old eyes) and let me know if there is still a coupon out there?

Also thought I had read that the PD stem can be used with these. True? If so, would one of CD's glass stems work as well?

momofthegoons,

mydogvapedmyhw

honeboy said:
Great forum! Thanks for all the suggestions on how to use the LB. I am quite pleased with my first vaporizer purchase. After finding this website, I decided to purchased the LB rather than the iolite. So far, so good. I also purchased my first herb grinder, a chromium crusher. It seems the consensus is to grind the herb to a powder for best effect. My chromium crusher doesn't get my herb anywhere near a powder consistency. I am using scissors afterwards, which is tedious, and the herb is still not powderlike. Then after a few hits, I grind the herb between my fingers as someone suggested. Are most of you able to grind the herb sufficiently just using a grinder or do you used additional techniques?
Turn the grinder upside down while you grind it. The herb will stay in the grinding chamber, and those razor-sharp (I have a Chromium Crusher) blades will easily turn it into a fine powder.

mydogvapedmyhw,

reece

momofthegoons said:
This has been a great/informative thread, but I gotta tell you, I'm on page 18 and I don't think I can read anymore!!!

I'm convinced that this would be a great little unit to have and will be ordering one soon. I saw a reference to a discount for FC members through Blisssville early in the thread, but no coupon code was mentioned. It still hasn't been by page 18 and things are starting to get redundant on the thread. Could anyone help me (and my poor strained old eyes) and let me know if there is still a coupon out there?

Also thought I had read that the PD stem can be used with these. True? If so, would one of CD's glass stems work as well?
I'm not sure about a coupon code.

PD stems cannot be used with the Box. At least not without a whole lot of unnecessary difficulty.

reece,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Try vapeworld (cheapest price AFAIK), and use the cupon code in the resellers/deals thread on FC.
Also, IIRC the PD stems can be used with the MF, but only to suction herbs and measure how much you are tapping out into the MF trench (the stainless tip is too large to fit in the draw hole, and I am not sure how else you would use a PD stem with a MFLB).

Progress,

Dicey

Cosmic Slop
shred said:
the biggest complaint i have is the grinder it came with, rubbish :uhoh:
I can attest to that. I received a diamond shaped wooden grinder from Vapeworld with my LB. Although I haven't used it yet, I can tell it's most likely a POS. However, it does looks attractive, and makes a nice desk piece. So I have no real qualms with it.

Did you receive the same grinder, or a different one?

Dicey,

synaesthetique

Didjeridoo Master
^^ I got one of those w/ my order too and yes its a POS for grinding but at least it looks nice. The inside is untreated wood so your trichs will stick like crazy to the inside of that grinder. I've just been sticking with my Urban Acrylic that I've had for awhile. Doesn't get it down to powder level but fairly close; definitely good enough for vaping in general. And I can wash it in the dishwasher :D

synaesthetique,

shred

Dicey said:
shred said:
the biggest complaint i have is the grinder it came with, rubbish :uhoh:
I can attest to that. I received a diamond shaped wooden grinder from Vapeworld with my LB. Although I haven't used it yet, I can tell it's most likely a POS. However, it does looks attractive, and makes a nice desk piece. So I have no real qualms with it.

Did you receive the same grinder, or a different one?
mine was a yellow all plastic grinder with a lame ying yang on it, it started to sieze up because the plastic was falling appart and couldnt grind for nothing. lucking i came a cross a 4 piece sharp stone grinder from a friend for $5 :D

shred,

Acaseofchaos

My sister walked in my room while i was vaping. She didnt know what it was, she didnt say anything. I was high as fuck and i just set down my LB and started talking to her. She didnt smell anything, and she didnt know shit. This really made me happy to know that even when someone sees me vaping, they hav no idea wtf it is...

Acaseofchaos,

xenith

Satisfied MFLB user checking in. Just wanted to chime in and echo everyone else's complete satisfaction with this unit. Who else here hits kief with it?

xenith,

chelsea549

magic flight? i emailed you but you never got back to me. i tried to pay using an amex $100 gift card, but paypal wouldn't accept it. but it still charged me a dollar for every time i tried to use paypal. so now i don't have enough money on the card for my launch box, but i really was planning on getting it this week. i know the money SHOULD be credited back to my account by next week, but is there any way this could be sped up so i can order it sooner? :peace:

chelsea549,

wtfd03

xenith said:
Satisfied MFLB user checking in. Just wanted to chime in and echo everyone else's complete satisfaction with this unit. Who else here hits kief with it?
I do. Kief + herb = THE SHIT, I can literally feel it after one long hit with the LB. :brow::cool:
I also got one of those grinder from vapeworld and yes it totally sucks. Good thing I already have a chromium crusher. Grind it upside down so the herb will stay in the grinding chamber, thus making it more fine.

wtfd03,

steiner666

Serial vapist
vapor9 said:
wtfd03 said:
Grind it upside down so the herb will stay in the grinding chamber, thus making it more fine.
OMG TY, why didn't I think of that!
lol i started catching up on this thread with your question about grinding finer and i knew someone else would suggest this by the end of this page. sure enough, a couple ppl did. this is what i always have to do with my 3+ piece grinders. Watch out for build up around the edges of the lid though. On most grinders, using them up-side-down can get some fine bud powder stuck between the lid and with so much friction over time it stick to the edges on either side and hardens and makes twisting the grinder harder, eventually to the point where it will seize up if you dont scrape the stuff off now and then.

It's nothing that will ruin or damage it of course, but it can be a pain. I've had my one grinder seize up so bad it took me about 5 minutes of prying and bashing the damn thing to get it open.

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
Just received my launch Box (thanks Blissville), and although I haven't used it yet, I am moved to say 'Sweet Lord, this is small'. Next to it, the Iolite looks gargantuan in comparison, I'm sure it's going to work wonderfully.

Tom

tdavie,

Qbit

cannabanana
steiner666 said:
Watch out for build up around the edges of the lid though. On most grinders, using them up-side-down can get some fine bud powder stuck between the lid and with so much friction over time it stick to the edges on either side and hardens and makes twisting the grinder harder, eventually to the point where it will seize up if you dont scrape the stuff off now and then.

It's nothing that will ruin or damage it of course, but it can be a pain. I've had my one grinder seize up so bad it took me about 5 minutes of prying and bashing the damn thing to get it open.
Perhaps you're not drying your weed properly. Make sure you put your weed on top of your TV or hot water heater or some other warm appliance for a couple of hours before grinding. It'll make your bud brittle and crumbly instead of sticky. You should be doing this anyway for weed you want to vape.

Of course you'll still get some build-up in your grinder, but it shouldn't jam or clog it up. And it should be easy to scrape out with something pokey.

Qbit,

steiner666

Serial vapist
Qbit said:
Perhaps you're not drying your weed properly. Make sure you put your weed on top of your TV or hot water heater or some other warm appliance for a couple of hours before grinding. It'll make your bud brittle and crumbly instead of sticky. You should be doing this anyway for weed you want to vape.

Of course you'll still get some build-up in your grinder, but it shouldn't jam or clog it up. And it should be easy to scrape out with something pokey.
You know, i was just thinking the other day about using the aroma top/dish on my DBV for this purpose, after cleaning it out good of course lol. I haven't really deliberately dried weed out, like by using a mild-ish heat source, before. I've always figured that my DBV dries it out pretty thoroughly during the first hit and vapes it just fine afterwards. But with this I've realized that it is pretty important. This past week i've been grinding the stuff up in my 4 piece grinder (just regularly, not up-side-down) ahead of time and leaving it in there and then i put the grinder on top of my stereo which gets a bit warm. I take a bit out and grind it up finer in my 2 piece grinder if i'm going to use it in my LB. It does make things much easier and you go through batteries a lot less lol.

steiner666,

tdavie

Unconscious Objector
I've had a chance to try the Launch Box a few hours after getting it, and it is, as stated ridiculously easy to use and learn. At first, I was undercooking the herb because I had read that some new LB's can run a but hot and a few people combusted (that doesn't sound right). The third hit I took from it was a tad too much for me; but after about 8 hits it seems like second nature. I started with 0.16g fresh herb in the trench and a freshly charged 2500 mah battery and I'll work my way from there.

Thanks to all who have posted in this thread and answered my questions.

Tom

Below is a picture of some herb hit about 16-20 times over 4 small sessions, and I think I could manage another 2-4 hits.

tdavie,
Top Bottom