B.

War Criminal
MoeOnTheMoon said:
My Box seems to have taken about a month to "break in" in terms of reaching its best performance, it would seem. In the beginning it was good but now it's great.
Yep!

B.,

darkarchives

I was thinkin of throwing together a vape bong with the launch box and like a water bottle, but I wanted to see if anyone here had a similar idea or any tips to give, dont want to re-invent the wheel and whatnot. I'll post a review/instructions if i can acutally get it to work...:/

darkarchives,

Mckdenton

Over time will the inside of my box be coated in "honey?" sense the inside of the box isn't really cleanable all of this honey build up is useless and just gunking up my box? How long (if at all) will it be untill the build up will affect the box? Or could the honey just be absorbed into the wood and over time the oils just make it look prettier? blahhhh....:peace:

Mckdenton,

B.

War Criminal
I've also looked into my box hole(umm...what?) and seen the glorious honey accumulating.

Magic Flight-how difficult would it be to have a removeable piece under the screen that would slide out so we could collect the valuable/incriminating substance? Maybe as an extra cost add on? Or maybe it could be part of my pipe dream elite box with a wooden top? any chance of getting a custom built one of a kind box with a wooden top and a removeable honey collecting tray under the screen?

B.,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Mckdenton said:
Over time will the inside of my box be coated in "honey?" sense the inside of the box isn't really cleanable all of this honey build up is useless and just gunking up my box? How long (if at all) will it be untill the build up will affect the box? Or could the honey just be absorbed into the wood and over time the oils just make it look prettier? blahhhh....:peace:
I haven't had my launch box for too long but from my couple months of usage I saw what this box can deposit on the stem. Is the "Honey" problematic in any way? does it make the box smell at all? Im just curious because being a heavy user I wouldn't want my launch box to face the end of its life one day because of this honey. Heard a lot of good things about the box's lifetime so i would only assume its not that big of a deal.

HighSti,

Mckdenton

HighSti said:
Mckdenton said:
I haven't had my launch box for too long but from my couple months of usage I saw what this box can deposit on the stem. Is the "Honey" problematic in any way? does it make the box smell at all? Im just curious because being a heavy user I wouldn't want my launch box to face the end of its life one day because of this honey. Heard a lot of good things about the box's lifetime so i would only assume its not that big of a deal.
i have definitely used my box quite heavily, has a distinct weedy smell.

Mckdenton,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Mckdenton said:
HighSti said:
Mckdenton said:
damn... is it strong or only if you put your nose up to it? i guess you could run some other herbs through it to make it smell non-weedy.

HighSti,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Yeah, it has an odor ... but small price to pay for such a great vaporizer. This baby works as well as some desktop vapes!

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
darkarchives said:
I was thinkin of throwing together a vape bong with the launch box and like a water bottle, but I wanted to see if anyone here had a similar idea or any tips to give, dont want to re-invent the wheel and whatnot. I'll post a review/instructions if i can acutally get it to work...:/
See my pic about a month back on the Vapor Genie thread - it's the same idea, as far as connecting to a water bottle.

For the LB you can just use a 1/4" or 3/16" ID tube (3/16" fits tight, 1/4" fits tight enough) to connect to any of the LB stems and go from that into the bottle using whatever method you have - rubber stopper or whatever, or you can plug into a downstem of a bong using a similar sized adapter.

MoeOnTheMoon,

Mckdenton

HighSti said:
Mckdenton said:
HighSti said:
damn... is it strong or only if you put your nose up to it? i guess you could run some other herbs through it to make it smell non-weedy.
I don't find it to be a huge deal. The smell isn't super strong, i can only really smell it once my nose gets about a foot from the box I'd say . This is only a minor drawback in this product

Mckdenton,

nickzzzx

Just thought I'd mention that I haven't used my Da Buddha vape since I got my MF. They're both awesome vapes, very efficient and work flawlessly, but the setup time required for Da buddha is much longer and requires more effort. It's much easier to vape at my leisure with the MF. I don't have to plan ahead, do any warm ups, or worry about having a big black cylinder with glass components.

nickzzzx,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
nice, nick...so the LB has become your main everyday vape? Are you going to get the power adapter when they come out with it?

stickstones,

ClemsonVapor489

Couple of updates, got the Eneloops (thanks, runs MUCH hotter now, much better), and I've barely touched my Chinaman's Box Vape or my AZ since...

Can't wait for the power adapter so I can stop running back and forth to the battery charger.:lol:

ClemsonVapor489,

chloe

nickzzzx said:
Just thought I'd mention that I haven't used my Da Buddha vape since I got my MF. They're both awesome vapes, very efficient and work flawlessly, but the setup time required for Da buddha is much longer and requires more effort. It's much easier to vape at my leisure with the MF. I don't have to plan ahead, do any warm ups, or worry about having a big black cylinder with glass components.
i'm in the same boat with my vapor warez...the power module for the LB spells the end of my warez.

chloe,

CoronaNoLime

I'll receive my LB tomorrow. I'm very excited since reading all the positive reviews. I hope it performs better than my iolite. This looks like a great substitute for a one hitter. Can any current/former one hitter users confirm?

CoronaNoLime,

in_rainbows

darkarchives said:
P1015814.jpg

in_rainbows,

chloe

chloe,

aero18

vaporist
That can be very discrete In_rainbows! Just tuck the LB in your sleeve and it looks like you are just sucking your drink through a straw!

No one would think otherwise of the bubbles either! :D

aero18,

nickzzzx

stickstones said:
nice, nick...so the LB has become your main everyday vape? Are you going to get the power adapter when they come out with it?
Pretty much yeah! I use it everyday, and it's so much more convenient for me since I'm always at different places around town. With my Buddha I would have to carry around the giant (not really) 'conspicuous' bag, which can easily attract unwanted attention to myself. The 'overnight' bag excuse has been used many times, but who knows if it's really believable.
Anyways, I'm pretty satisfied with using batteries because I've got more than enough for a weekend, but depending on the price, I'd love to get the power adapter. I think the whole on/off button is perfect for the application and essentially turns it into an effective home-based vape.

nickzzzx,

BillieBudd

I have had my little box for several weeks and do like it a lot...I wonder if the batteries (that came with unit) should be totally drained once in a while to keep their capacity levels...I know that some types acquire a "memory"... Anyone know??
Thanks

BillieBudd,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
CoronaNoLime said:
I'll receive my LB tomorrow. I'm very excited since reading all the positive reviews. I hope it performs better than my iolite. This looks like a great substitute for a one hitter. Can any current/former one hitter users confirm?
I don't know what you mean by "better" but the LB works so great I can't imagine one better.
The Eneloop batteries that now ship with it - but I bought later - work so much better than my previous batteries.

I'd say the #1 most important key to using the LB is having fresh batteries, and from my experience the Eneloops are best.

As to using a water bottle, that looks like a good design with the straw type tubing coming out.

Someone in one thread said you can get rubber grommets and things at Home Depot. I assume you can get one that will make a good seal in a bottle if you're interested. Next time I'm over that way I'm going to stop in and see what kind of rubber grommets they have.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
BillieBudd said:
I have had my little box for several weeks and do like it a lot...I wonder if the batteries (that came with unit) should be totally drained once in a while to keep their capacity levels...I know that some types acquire a "memory"... Anyone know??
Thanks
From: http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...ml?SP_id=50&osCsid=egh2ml39j37hkqjm5rk5q6rca2
This does not exactly answer the question whether or not it's good to completely discharge them but after reading a number of descriptions about them I see nowhere that it says you should discharge them. I think they're like the IPod and other batteries that it doesn't matter when you charge or discharge them. It does say "No memory effect" so I guess that means no need to discharge:

" 1. Immediately usable new rechargeable battery
2. Sanyo Eneloop Batteries can replace alkaline batteries for all your needs and can be used in any application where AA batteries are needed.
3. Extremely Low Self Discharge
4. high performance even at low temperatures down to 10 C during your winter vacation
5. No Memory Effect - Recharge at any time.
6. An Environment-friendly product right from the battery to the packaging
7. Comparatively more powerful and longer-lasting than dry cell batteries and superior low-temperature electrical discharge performance
8. Can be charged up to a 1000 times.
9. Economically more efficient than dry cell batteries, eneloop can be used 1000*1 times over. Also, no need to worry about memory effect .

Basically eneloop is a modern Ni-MH battery, which can be charged like any other Ni-MH battery.
11. Can be charged by using any good quality NiMH Battery Charger, such as our Maha brand..
12. Made In Japan

*1: Battery life based on testing methods established by JIS C8708 2004(4.4) (varies according to conditions of use)

MoeOnTheMoon,

mattman_WF

vapor freak
Just order a MFLB from vapeworld.Will be writing out a full review asap on the site and the product. The vape was a hands down choice for me anyway :p

mattman_WF,
Hello y'all. This is my first post on fc and I am just wanting to comment on a pleasant surprise that I got when I received my launch box. When I plugged in the battery, I noticed that there was a strange, little, orange glow at the far end of the trench. I thought, "wtf", and proceded to go ahead and hit it anyways and worry about the light later.
The Launch Box so far has gotten me blitzed like no other offa just these regular greens I have. This is my first vaporizer, though def. not my first experience with one. My friend has a volcano, that I love, and my other buddy has a vapir one, which I don't so much. So to spend considerably less money, and be so happy with my first personal vap product, is just killer.
Anyways, about the light, apparently after doing some research, the newer models are now equipped with a battery strength/connection led. I had only dove into about 16 of the pages of this thread when I ordered, so I had never seen mention of such a thing on this little box. This leaves me pleased to know that I have the "upgraded" model, though i wonder if it is just one more thing to break.
I am pleased to have learned about this product, and this amazing forum. There seems to be lotsa knowledgeable people here. I also have to mention that I am also currently on the "pd waitlist" because of you extremely convincing people. Thanks, S.L.

SkeletonLips,

Choism

Welcome to fc SkeletonLips!:peace:
Tip: Save your abv from the Pd and regrind it, load it in the launch box and get nice hits! nothing goes to waste, Thank you enelope battery.

Choism,
Top Bottom