aero18

vaporist
B. said:
aero18 said:
In order to get the full volume of the bong filled with vapor would require for you shake the box in intervals of a second or two so that the contents wouldn't burn.

This would go through batteries rather quickly since you will have to leave the battery connected to the device for an extended period of time.

I think a smaller vapor path would be necessary.
Aero, when I use my Lb in my bong, I connect the batt and don't shake it during the hit at all and I've always been fine. I definitely shake it between hits tho.

I also haven't notice the bong draining my batts any quicker either, the duration of my hit is not much different than a dry hit.

:2c:
Really? Wow! I have to try this out then!!

aero18,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
B. said:
aero18 said:
In order to get the full volume of the bong filled with vapor would require for you shake the box in intervals of a second or two so that the contents wouldn't burn.

This would go through batteries rather quickly since you will have to leave the battery connected to the device for an extended period of time.

I think a smaller vapor path would be necessary.
Aero, when I use my Lb in my bong, I connect the batt and don't shake it during the hit at all and I've always been fine. I definitely shake it between hits tho.

I also haven't notice the bong draining my batts any quicker either, the duration of my hit is not much different than a dry hit.

:2c:
Yeah I LOVE EHLE's but I really don't have that kind of money right now. My friend has a bong he would be willing to sell to me for 10 bucks cause he rarely uses it anymore.. Its super small so it will work nicely with the box and can easily be stored in places a larger bong couldn't. I'm pretty excited to fire up my launch box with a bong. Do you notice any difference in the overall experience?

HighSti,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Review of Eneloops:

I bought 4 Eneloops on ebay for $13 including shipping. Not too bad I guess. Anyway, I got them out and peeled them.
Peeling was a real hassle! I've peeled 4 other brands and they came right off but these Eneloops have sticky crap all over them and I had to use De-Solv-It to get the glue off and it took me about 10 min. to do so.

I checked the charge in a battery tester and they showed "charged" but not fully. I then stuck them in my Maha charger in quick charge operation for about an hour just to make sure I gave them a fair review.

I then stuck one in the LB with nice dry herb that had already been hit once or twice yesterday.

The light lit up brighter than I've ever seen it before and I got huge thick hits!

I tried a 2nd hit. Same bright light, same huge hit!
3rd hit: Same thing!

Wow, these things are great! They make that little box really hot!
[sorry, couldn't resist... ]:D

So after sticking my battery in 3 times, the box is still getting hot and asking for more!
:brow:

The only downsides are these:
Takes a while to peel the label off.
They fit much looser than any of the other batteries I have used (Powerex, standard previous LB batteries -?-, and some off-brand).

So I have to use my finger to push the battery against the terminal, not really a big deal.

Two very minor downsides compared with major performance improvement!

Magic Flight:
How do you deal with getting those labels off in mass quantities? :uhoh:I assume you must get them from the factory before they peel them, right?

Anyone tried putting tape around them to keep them from being so loose? (not covering the area of contact)
I might try that.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
HighSti said:
Do you think it hits harder as opposed to dry vape?
Nah. It is slightly less efficient. It just gets you up quicker. An alright tradeoff if you ask me.

aero18,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Better for your lungs and throat. Dry hot vape irritates more than moist cool vape.

MoeOnTheMoon,

aero18

vaporist
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Better for your lungs and throat. Dry hot vape irritates more than moist cool vape.
Yeah. The slight inefficieny outweighs the negatives. The inhalation of particulates is largely avoided and the lung tissues are less irritated.

I was pleasantly surprised to find particulates floating in the water that would otherwise be in my lungs. Because of the mesh screen in the Launch Box, there isn't anything to worry about particulate inhalation. It is really minimal.

aero18,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Magic Flight:
How do you deal with getting those labels off in mass quantities? I assume you must get them from the factory before they peel them, right?
Unfortunately not -- we wish that was the way it worked. Someday, if we ever become a "large enough" company, that might become an option. Until then, we have to deal with the goo just the same as you and it is a real pain! The best approach we have figured out so far is to use a wire abrasive wheel (fine -- not course!). The removal process is powerful but less than ideal in many respects. Still it gets the job done -- except that we end up loosing a fair bit of time on the effort of that. We are currently actively seeking other approaches that do not involve environmental hazards, and are open to suggestions.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
magicflight said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Magic Flight:
How do you deal with getting those labels off in mass quantities? I assume you must get them from the factory before they peel them, right?
Unfortunately not -- we wish that was the way it worked. Someday, if we ever become a "large enough" company, that might become an option. Until then, we have to deal with the goo just the same as you and it is a real pain! The best approach we have figured out so far is to use a wire abrasive wheel (fine -- not course!). The removal process is powerful but less than ideal in many respects. Still it gets the job done -- except that we end up loosing a fair bit of time on the effort of that. We are currently actively seeking other approaches that do not involve environmental hazards, and are open to suggestions.

-- Magic-flight
Currently using:
Stock batteries from MF, pre eneloop - No idea about the labels on these, but you guys got rid of them anyways.

Eneloops - goo was pain in the ass as mentioned

Powerex - Label peels right off, just break part of the label away. There is no abrasive on the label, it is held on by being taught. Peeling off is a snap.

Hope that helps. The powerex would make peeling be much easier, but they don't hold the charge as long over long periods.

SmokeTheState,

Wolface

After peeling my Eneloops, I use a rough textured cloth sprayed with a little WD-40 and the goo comes right off! Takes a couple minutes or so per battery depending how hard you go at it! Sometimes it helps to sort of saturate the WD-40 into the goo, let it sit for awhile, then go at it . The WD-40 breaks the goo down better the longer it sits on it. Then I dry and polish with a blue shop towel. Sure some other brands labels just slip right off, but I think these Eneloops are worth the extra effort as they perform so great in my MFLB!:)

Wolface,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Wolface said:
After peeling my Eneloops, I use a rough textured cloth sprayed with a little WD-40 and the goo comes right off! Takes a couple minutes or so per battery depending how hard you go at it! Sometimes it helps to sort of saturate the WD-40 into the goo, let it sit for awhile, then go at it . The WD-40 breaks the goo down better the longer it sits on it. Then I dry and polish with a blue shop towel. Sure some other brands labels just slip right off, but I think these Eneloops are worth the extra effort as they perform so great in my MFLB!:)
Right. Letting the De-Solv-It sit a while on the battery glue goo would have made it easier but I was in a hurry to try them out! But still, I can't be leave you (Magic Flight) have to take all the goo off by hand more or less! That sucks! But I thank you for all those who are now getting the Eneloops from you because they are WAYYY better than the Powerex or any other battery I have tried, imho!

I have not tried the Energizers so don't know, but man I LOVE these Eneloops! In fact, I am taking all my other 6 batteries out of LB-rotation and just using the 4 Eneloops now!

QUESTION: (Probably should say: Dumb question)
Now that I have these peeled batteries I don't care to use for my LB, is it saffe to use them for other devices like wireless headphones, flashlights, etc. ? Is there ANY reason for the labels other than to recognize them as this or that brand and for the companies' product recognition/advertising? In other words, the label we peel off has no safety function or anything?

MoeOnTheMoon,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Wolface said:
Right. Letting the De-Solv-It sit a while on the battery glue goo would have made it easier but I was in a hurry to try them out! But still, I can't be leave you (Magic Flight) have to take all the goo off by hand more or less! That sucks! But I thank you for all those who are now getting the Eneloops from you because they are WAYYY better than the Powerex or any other battery I have tried, imho!

I have not tried the Energizers so don't know, but man I LOVE these Eneloops! In fact, I am taking all my other 6 batteries out of LB-rotation and just using the 4 Eneloops now!

Now that I have these peeled batteries I don't care to use for my LB, is it saffe to use them for other devices like wireless headphones, flashlights, etc. ? Is there ANY reason for the labels other than to recognize them as this or that brand and for the companies' product recognition/advertising? In other words, the label we peel off has no safety function or anything?
Been using them in various electronics, from camera to game controllers. Nothing strange over here.
I have some electrical tape wrapped around certain brands to help me differentiate them.

SmokeTheState,

smoking Joe

SmokeTheState said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
Wolface said:

Been using them in various electronics, from camera to game controllers. Nothing strange over here.
I have some electrical tape wrapped around certain brands to help me differentiate them.
With the paper removed the outer case become negative and using them in other devices may short the device out. Maybe if you put shrink tubing on the battery in may protect it from shorting out. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102875

smoking Joe,

Digga90

So heres my a brief write up..

I placed my order Wednesday 1/27/2010, and it arrived 1/29/2010. 2 days shipped from FL to NY. Awesome.

Took it out, inspected it..Its TINY. So stealthy. I really cant wait to push the envelope to where I can use it at.

Had alot of running around to do, so I just picked up a dime of some real fire stuff. I try not to believe what my dealer says when he gives it names, but it was great stuff. He said it was Afgan Goo, but I really take what any dealer says with a grain of salt.

I read the directions, ground up a trench worth and loaded it up.

At first, I was reeeeeeeeal skeptical about how much I would need to get me baked. I thought I would have to do 2-3 trenches to feel nice.

WRONG.

Never have I gotten so high from such a tiny amount. Had I put in the same amount in any other smoking device, I would've never gotten anywhere as high as I did with the LB. I mean, I bought a .6-7 and used maybe .2...I was baked. It got me nice and high for a solid hour. Very uplifting, head high. Not a couchlock high, all head. Very chatty, great for music.

The LB is ridiculously simple to use. Battery goes in, wait 2-3 seconds for some vapor, pull the battery out, and enjoy. Thats it.

I don't think I'll completely phase out smoking my bud, but this is great for an on the go/before class sesh. I also think this would be great for a pre-blunt/bong session.

As soon as I put it through it's paces, I'll give a nice detailed review.

I'm a believer. If anyones on the fence about buying one, take out the credit card and buy it. It's awesome so far.

Digga90,

No Smoking!

Try this stuff that's found in hardware/paint stores and removes all sorts of gluey gunk called Goof-Off...

No Smoking!,

in_rainbows

Well my LB is running a good bit better than when I first got it but I decided to take a T break (I'm going on day 8 right now) so we'll see how it goes when I come back. For those of you talking about LB bonging I actually made a ghetto water filter that actually works really well. I went to home depot and got some vinyl tubing that fits directly over the LB tubing. Also grabbed some rubber grommets, all in all about $7 worth of material and I have more tubing than I'll ever need. Anyway drill 2 holes in the top of the bottle. Cut 2 pieces of tubing into the length you want, one will attach to the LB and obviously go into the water while the other will just stick into the bottle (not the water) and be used to draw the vape. Put a grommet on each piece of tube and then pop the grommets into each of the holes you drilled. Presto, LB water filter. You could of course substitute the Sobe with other things, mason jar, other bottles, anything really. If anyones interested to see how it turns out I could post a pic when I get back on Sunday as I'm out for the weekend.
Oh, I also just got 8 BTY brand AAA batteries and a 4 Bay charger in. I actually got these for the external flashes for my camera but they're 2500 Ni-MH so you can bet I'll give them a shot in the LB. They ended up being about $10 shipped on Ebay with the charger and it also came with 8 AAA's so it was a steal. I'll let you know how the go in the LB.

Happy Vaping :peace:

in_rainbows,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
MoeOnTheMoon said:
QUESTION: ... is it safe to use them (peeled batteries) for other devices? Is there ANY reason for the labels other than to recognize them as this or that brand and for the companies' product recognition/advertising?
Hi,

It depends on the construction of the device, but in general it is a risk. The problem is that most devices use two batteries in series, usually packed right next to one another. In that case, one of the batteries can side short -- releasing a LOT of heat and potentially damaging the device. The labels DO have a safety function in that they make it much harder to accidentally short the battery, particularly when it is in some device. The best recommendation is to put tape over the battery so as to have the same coverage as the original label. Leave the two ends uncovered, but completely wrap the main body of the battery with exactly one layer of tape with no gaps.

IMPORTANT: Peeled batteries should only be used with the Box. If wanting to use the batteries in other devices -- make a new covering for the battery! Failure to do so can result in device and/or battery damage.

Depending on the details of the specific device, you might get away with it, but I would not recommend trying the test without really understanding what is involved.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,
Reactions: RUDE BOY

B.

War Criminal
I killed a remote control using LB peeled batts. The remote may still work, but one of the batts got really hot and melted the battey area so I can't power it. It's cool tho, I've been looking for an excuse to get a nice universal anyway.

B.,

smoking Joe

MoeOnTheMoon said:
smoking Joe said:
With the paper removed the outer case become negative and using them in other devices may short the device out. Maybe if you put shrink tubing on the battery in may protect it from shorting out. http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2102875
Thanks for that info.
Have you used these shring-wrap things on batteries before? Do they last?
The shrink tube is great for repairing wires that were damaged and any type of electrical repair where the bare wires are exposed. I Never used it on batteries but should work fine. The shrink tube is rated at 220 volts. Only cost a few dollars and easy to use.

smoking Joe,

nickzzzx

Dear Magic-Flight,
Are there any new developments in progress for the Magic flight? Besides the new wall power unit(which I'm sure took quite some time to make a reality). Any new box designs or upgrades?

nickzzzx,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
magicflight said:
MoeOnTheMoon said:
QUESTION: ... is it safe to use them (peeled batteries) for other devices? Is there ANY reason for the labels other than to recognize them as this or that brand and for the companies' product recognition/advertising?
Hi,

It depends on the construction of the device, but in general it is a risk. The problem is that most devices use two batteries in series, usually packed right next to one another. In that case, one of the batteries can side short -- releasing a LOT of heat and potentially damaging the device. The labels DO have a safety function in that they make it much harder to accidentally short the battery, particularly when it is in some device. The best recommendation is to put tape over the battery so as to have the same coverage as the original label. Leave the two ends uncovered, but completely wrap the main body of the battery with exactly one layer of tape with no gaps.

IMPORTANT: Peeled batteries should only be used with the Box. If wanting to use the batteries in other devices -- make a new covering for the battery! Failure to do so can result in device and/or battery damage.

Depending on the details of the specific device, you might get away with it, but I would not recommend trying the test without really understanding what is involved.

-- Magic-flight
Magic-flight, thanks for setting us straight re using the naked batts in other devices!

I gotta say I am loving my LB more and more, each day! This little box gets me BAKED!

And these new Eneloops have made it all the better. Now I get up to vape speed much quicker and can breathe in a little less slow so it saves battery power and the whole process is quicker.

My Box seems to have taken about a month to "break in" in terms of reaching its best performance, it would seem. In the beginning it was good but now it's great. Anyone else find theirs broke in even better after a month or so? Could be because I use mine infrequently - maybe 15 hits or less per week. (My MZ shares the responsibility at home, and usually I use my Vape-Pen when out and about.) But this little box is just so cool. You gotta love it!

MoeOnTheMoon,

ClemsonVapor489

Reading that as a layman, I would have to say that you could use peeled batteries in a 360 controller. Should be no chance of side shorting, given the design.

ClemsonVapor489,
Top Bottom