sundaddy

Chainsawdomy said:
I've had my launch box for a little over two weeks, and I must say it is an amazing device. I've gotten a few people interested in buying one for themselves already. The only problem I'm having is with the screen - it doesn't seal completely, so occasionally a small piece of plant matter gets sucked in and through the stem during a hit. Is there any easy way to fix this?

http://imgur.com/ZXMfsl.jpg
Wow, that is the nastiest looking LB I have ever seen. Man, take a brush to that thing!!!

sundaddy,

Digga90

Hey guys, new to FC...great site.

I've been looking into a vape for a while now. But the price has always deterred me from buying. My friend has a cheapo chinese made crap one and he says it barely works, so I figured if I did ever buy one, I wanted a quality product.

This led me to look into the LB. After reading a couple pages worth of reviews, I broke out the credit card and bought one.

Just a couple of questions..

I consider myself to be a moderate smoker. 3-4 times a week. I'll smoke any kind of bud, depending on what my cash situation looks like. I usually smoke very good mids to high quality medicinal quality marijuana. My question is how much MJ do you need to get nice and toasty from the LB?

When it's a personal session, I find myself smoking 1 bowl pack in my bong gets me feeling very nice. So with the LB, how much would you say is optimal? I understand everyone is different, but say .5-.7 makes me feel great from a bong, would the same be good for the LB?

Can't wait to receive it in the mail. Will post a review as soon as I try it.

Thanks.

Digga90,

Wolface

Just got mine today. Opened and inspected by Canada Customs! Yellow tape all over the box! Everything seems in order but you can tell they had a good look! Plus they charged me $17 for customs fees! Should I be worried about anything? Of course I would never even dream about using anything other than tobacco in it anyway!:brow:

Wolface,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
For those with other vapes:
Do you ever think you get MORE vaped with the LB than with other vapes?
I'm guessing that cannot be true, because vaping is vaping is vaping.
But I swear sometimes I feel I get higher with the LB than with others.

As to using x amount in a bong (I assume you mean combusting) vs. x amount in the LB, honestly I feel one does get higher quicker with combustion. But vaping will grow on you if you give it a chance and you'll use a lot less herb. After a few hits there's probably not much difference... except that you use less. Oh, and vaping is MUCH better for your lungs!
Save the Already Been Vaped stuff to cook with or make elixir!

MoeOnTheMoon,

Noodles123

VaporHand said:
peeling the batteries is super easy too.
MoeOnTheMoon said:
You can use ANY NimH battery just peel off the cover, which so far has been extremely easy for me, having done it on 3 different brands.
I tried peeling alkaline batteries (to test) and it was very difficult and took forever, I'm hoping its different for NiMh batteries?

Noodles123,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Digga90 said:
When it's a personal session, I find myself smoking 1 bowl pack in my bong gets me feeling very nice. So with the LB, how much would you say is optimal? I understand everyone is different, but say .5-.7 makes me feel great from a bong, would the same be good for the LB?
Welcome to the site and to vaping. The good thing is that you will never have to use that much to get vaked off the LB. I'm a pretty heavy user (usually at least once a day) so this means my tolerance is pretty high but .6 out of a bong would def get me feeling nice off some good stuff. With the launch box, you're looking at around .2 for a large trench which would get you up there pretty damn nice.

When you're loading the trench, .2 will be about full (to the lip of the trench) but i recommend loading about half that and just reload the other half after finishing the first. This will maximize the efficiency of your vaporizer and also get you higher.

Enjoy your magic-flight! Its the most amazing device.

HighSti,
Reactions: ntaylor

Digga90

edit, just read the post above me.

Thanks alot man, I appreciate it.

.2 to feel nice and toasty? :brow: I'll take it!

I'll let you guys know how it is when I put it through it's rounds in a couple days or so

Digga90,

Bubonic

Hey i've been reading this thread a lot and the LB really seems like a quality vaporizer. But is it good for vaping with friends? Most people are saying one battery lasts around 1 trench, so with 2 batteries it can last 2 trenches, but is that enough if your vaping with 3/4 people? The only thing holding me back from buying this is it seems only suited for 1/2 people. :/

Bubonic,

Noodles123

Also, I don't understand the battery charger that comes with it, when I put the batteries in to charge, the light goes on, and then after a while goes off, and I take the batteries out and put em back in and the light goes on again. How do I know when its fully charged?

Noodles123,

Digga90

Bubonic said:
Hey i've been reading this thread a lot and the LB really seems like a quality vaporizer. But is it good for vaping with friends? Most people are saying one battery lasts around 1 trench, so with 2 batteries it can last 2 trenches, but is that enough if your vaping with 3/4 people? The only thing holding me back from buying this is it seems only suited for 1/2 people. :/
From what I read, I think if you want to have a couple people on it, you gotta buy some more batteries.

Digga90,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
Bubonic-
Yeah ive used my launch box with three people before but it takes a while longer and requires 3 batteries.. it really is best suited for 1-2 person use. It purpose is to be used a discrete personal vaporizer. If you are looking for something to hit with friends, i recommend you look for something like Da Buddha, Vapor brothers, or myrtle zap. Although myrtle zap isn't actually designed for many people, you can still have 3-4 hit it with no major set backs.

Noodles-
When the light turns off, they are good to go. :D Leaving them in overnight is probably the easiest way to make sure that they are fully charged.

HighSti,

Acaseofchaos

A tip to get you higher, keep inhaling air for a while after ur done taking in a hit, the THC gets deeper in ur lungs and has more area to absorb( and all the vapor in ur mouth goes into your lungs). Hold it for a while and exhale.

If you normally get visible vapor, and u exhale after holding it and there is no vapor anywhere, u have successfully consumed most of the THC that was produced, thus getting u higher and saving herb.

Acaseofchaos,

B.

War Criminal
sundaddy said:
No, you can pull the battery out about 1/8" and it will quit heating.
Agreed.

When I said 'take the battery out' what I meant was stop giving the box power. Unless I'm in stealth mode, my habit is to pull the battery out all the way and flip it around and put it back in the box so the positive terminal is sticking out, that way I never accidentally leave the box roasting, which I've done more than once :ko:

B.,
Reactions: ntaylor

Wolface

I am finding that the Eneloops that came with my MFLB and the ones I bought are performing very well indeed! They fit perfect and work great! Thanks magic flight!:)

Wolface,

Username

Got a problem with my four PowerEx 2700 mAh's. Initially, broke them in (Break-In mode) with the MH-C9000 charger, which took around 40 hours. Used them successfully in the LB and then tried to recharge them but the charger didn't seem to recognise them at all (no program would work). My other Eneloop and stock Tenergy batteries charge fine in the C9000, so it seem to be a problem with the PowerEx batteries. Trouble is, I cannot really take them back to the shop stripped of their covers.

I should add that the paper ring covers on the positive end of the PowerEx's did fall off and get lost but I found two lying around on the floor and stuck them back on two of the batteries. This made no difference- still not recognised in the MH-C9000.

Any advice appreciated.

Username,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Noodles123 said:
I don't understand the battery charger that comes with it, when I put the batteries in to charge, the light goes on, and then after a while goes off, and I take the batteries out and put em back in and the light goes on again. How do I know when its fully charged?
Hi,

The charger has some sort of 'built in logic' that assumes that any batteries you put in the bay need to be charged, so it puts the light on. Then, it tries to determine what the current charge state of the battery is by using various tests -- most of which take a fair bit of time (light stays on). Therefore, the lights on the charger go on, and stay on for a little while, even when putting a fully charged battery into the charger bay. In other words, the charger cannot really be used to "test" if a battery is fully charged -- although you can use it to ensure that the battery is as charged as possible when the charger is "done" (light goes off).

Hope this helps.
-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Username said:
Got a problem with my four PowerEx 2700 mAh's (or the MH-C9000 Charger)... the charger didn't seem to recognize them at all... Any advice appreciated.
Hi,

Not sure if this will help, but since we also have the MH-C9000 charger, I took a look at our charger to see if I could get any clues. I noticed that there is an additional or secondary contact bar to the side of the negative terminal in the charger bay. This is actually rather unexpected, and might account for the difference. To test this theory, wrap the negative terminal end of one of your PowerEx batteries with tape, and put it in the charger. If the wrapped battery charges, but the unwrapped one does not, then we have an answer (please let us know!). The cure in that case would be to put tape in the charger so as to cover the extra terminal in the charger bay.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Username

magicflight said:
Username said:
Got a problem with my four PowerEx 2700 mAh's (or the MH-C9000 Charger)... the charger didn't seem to recognize them at all... Any advice appreciated.
...To test this theory, wrap the negative terminal end of one of your PowerEx batteries with tape, and put it in the charger. If the wrapped battery charges, but the unwrapped one does not, then we have an answer (please let us know!).
-- Magic-flight
Silly me.

I numbered each PowerEx with a tiny label but stuck the labels on the negative end rather than the side of the battery :brow: .

No, the negative end must be completely free of any label or tape. Thanks for making me realise that.

-and they don't appear to need the paper rings on the top of the battery either.

Username,

HighSti

Vaporist-Secularist
So right now i cant vape for a month or two due to my upcoming possession trial and all this soberness makes me miss using my launch box soooo much :(. Well now that I have at least a month to kill, I started thinking of new ideas to enjoy my launch box even more when I can use it again.

My cousin, aero18, owns a myrtle zap with an EHLE bong attachment that looks just beautiful. This got me thinking... Vapor bonging is a great idea, but why should it only be for larger desktop vapes? The idea inspired me to make a bong attachment for my launch box.

I plan to either build my own bong out of PVC piping or to just get my friends mini bong (aprox. 6 inches tall) and find some tubing to make a whip to attach it to the LB. What do you guys think of being able to use your amazing little device with a bong when stealth is not an issue? Anyone ever try this before?

HighSti,

aero18

vaporist
In order to get the full volume of the bong filled with vapor would require for you shake the box in intervals of a second or two so that the contents wouldn't burn.

This would go through batteries rather quickly since you will have to leave the battery connected to the device for an extended period of time.

I think a smaller vapor path would be necessary.

aero18,

B.

War Criminal
I do the LB bong combo all the time, it can't chalk my bong like my SSV, but it can come close to my MZ with my 12v adapter, but not the 13.5. I love my 13.5

Check out

http://www.everyonedoesit.com/onlin..._Bong_Hexagon_Foot__250ml.cfm?iProductID=5909

ehle_250ice_t.jpg

Only $50, skip the PVC.

Good luck with court, at worst you're gonna get misdemeanor probation.

B.,

B.

War Criminal
aero18 said:
In order to get the full volume of the bong filled with vapor would require for you shake the box in intervals of a second or two so that the contents wouldn't burn.

This would go through batteries rather quickly since you will have to leave the battery connected to the device for an extended period of time.

I think a smaller vapor path would be necessary.
Aero, when I use my Lb in my bong, I connect the batt and don't shake it during the hit at all and I've always been fine. I definitely shake it between hits tho.

I also haven't notice the bong draining my batts any quicker either, the duration of my hit is not much different than a dry hit.

:2c:

B.,
Top Bottom