Acaseofchaos

I was using some new rechargeable i found somewhere, and i got burnt by the LB by the copper wire near the battery. They also heat it up within 2 seconds, the other batteries heat it up in 8.

Acaseofchaos,

Astounding

Acaseofchaos said:
I was using some new rechargeable i found somewhere, and i got burnt by the LB by the copper wire near the battery. They also heat it up within 2 seconds, the other batteries heat it up in 8.
Were they NiMH?

Astounding,

Acaseofchaos

yes they were nimh batteries. I previously thought they didnt work until i stuck them in the charger i received with the LB, and they turned the light on and charged. the light inside the LB gets alot brighter with these batteries than with the ones that came with the LB.

Acaseofchaos,

caseball2051

new owner here, with a small bit of advice.

the drawing method that works for me and my box is this. i do it as if im blowing up a pool float. which for me anyway is a slow steady blow that lasts for about 20 seconds. i do the same speed, but in reverse for the box.

stick battery in and suck in for about 20s. and i get great vapor. never combusts

caseball2051,

Username

BcBud420 said:
Hey Moe , the paper cover at the positive end of the battery needs to be there , it is to keep that end from being both a negative and positive , I had to use a dab of super glue on some of my batteries to make it stay put . As for the Eneloop batts did you try to contact a Costco store near you to see if they carry them ??
Ah, the the paper covers on all four of my Maha Powercell AA's fell off within a day of removing the outer covers and I threw them away. I just thought they were decorative.

Now finding that they won't charge at all in the Maha charger, it won't even turn on.

Any suggestions? Those batteries were expensive!

Username,

reprobate

vaporer
I received mine yesterday, never having 'vaped' before. I'd read enough here to have my own ideas on how to work the thing which I did with excellent results, so thanks to everyone who contributed.

I start inhaling immediately after inserting the battery paying attention to heat/taste on my tongue and controlling effect by variability in draw rate. Before I stop inhaling I remove the battery so I can finish with fresh air and empty the chamber of vapor.

I'm not a big hitter so I figure mine last about 10 seconds or so, and I'm careful to make sure the contents get shaken around thoroughly.

I'm also a lightweight and find 1/8 tsp of fairly finely ground product provides plenty of hits (10ish plus) and perfectly adequate results.

I'm pleased I can quit smoking - I've never been able to forget my grandmother's admonition it's a nasty habit.

Anyway, I remain hugely impressed with the company and product and wish all associated with them well.

Thanks!

reprobate,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Noodles123 said:
What size tube fits this?
Do you mean tubing to attach to the stems? My 1/4" ID fits it just right and the 3/16" ID that http://blisssville.com/ sells also fits it and the tubing they sell comes with 2 x short stems attached on each end.

It could be that the 3/16" is more of a "proper fit in that it fits very tightly, but the 1/4" also fits tight enough.

If you are asking what size the hole is in the LB, I'd say it is 1/4" outer diameter.

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Username said:
BcBud420 said:
Hey Moe , the paper cover at the positive end of the battery needs to be there , it is to keep that end from being both a negative and positive , I had to use a dab of super glue on some of my batteries to make it stay put . As for the Eneloop batts did you try to contact a Costco store near you to see if they carry them ??
Ah, the the paper covers on all four of my Maha Powercell AA's fell off within a day of removing the outer covers and I threw them away. I just thought they were decorative.

Now finding that they won't charge at all in the Maha charger, it won't even turn on.

Any suggestions? Those batteries were expensive!
My Maha MH-C204W charger works with batteries without paper covers - I've tried several brands.
Are you sure it's plugged in? ;)

Someone said that buying notebook paper hole protectors will work if you need that paper on the end of your batteries. Not sure where you can get those nowadays. A stationery store? Drugstores might have them but I'm not sure. Office Max, Staples? School supplies.

MoeOnTheMoon,

jasonjohnson

HELLO I am new to this forum but for a few years I've been vaporizing.

I just bought the LB, and I have two issues with it.

1. It didn't come with the "ELbow" attachment (As advertised) . It just came with a long and a short attachment. ALso the rubber band i got is shitty compared to the one pictured...
it was thinner and kind of loose around the box.
I was kind of dissapointed, but it took a long time to find a shop that had one, so i just got it.

2. The screen was coming out on the right side.
JasonKovacic.jpg

THis seems like poor construction. I felt on the other side that this impossible to do. THe screen is sitting on wood. THere is no room under the screen for it to move, on the right side, there IS room!

DOes this mean that the design is ASYMMETRICAL ??
Or does this mean that the one i got WAS BUILT DEFECTIVELY ??
IT should still be getting the same charge and performing the same function. ONE big difference i can see is that it might let product get wedged under there on the right side, or worse come through and get in your mouth! WHat do you guys think???

I also noticed that there is no hole in the bottom of mine but now in the back. I assume this is a design change.

OTHER than that, I was ecstatic about the performance of this LITTLE BOX. It starts working INSTANTLY. I couldn't decide between this and the Iolite so i bought them both. I like this a lot better.
THERE is VISIBLE VAPOR..... and it's more fun to use.

THE taste of wood > the taste of plastic

I didn't know when i bought it that ONE BATTERY ONLY LASTS 3-5 HITS !!!
I thought one battery would do you for the whole night...
The Iolite is better in that respect. You can vape (lightly) for the better part of an hour with that thing.

I bought some ENERGIZER 1.2 V Rechargables. They are only 2300 maH. Let's see how they do. ANd I went ahead and got the 15 minute charger. IT was only slightly more expensive.

I don't like the idea of having to take along 4 batteries, the box, and a tic-tac thing full of grounded product...
I want to have maybe 2 LB's FULL of product, like REALLY FULL.

ANd then have two of the BEST BATTERIES THAT CAN BE USED FOR THIS THING....

That way, i just have two good long sessions ready to go.

NO hassling to get anything ready
NO packing outside

What do you think??

WHAT IS THE BEST BATTERY??

The best i've seen is 2950 maH....

I have 2300..

thanks for reading my rant.:2c:

jasonjohnson,

jasonjohnson

OH YEA>>>>

HOW DO YOU GET THIS STICKY SHINY STUFF OFF OF THE BATTERIES ?
I have tried GOO-gone, and 90% alcohol

and neither worked.

I tried searching the THREAD itself for the answer to this question but found myself unable to.
It would only search the FORUN and direct me to the thread itself (this one).

SO HOW DO I GET THIS SHINY STICKY METALLIC GOO OFF OF MY BATTERIES ?!?

help me out!

jasonjohnson,

SmokeTheState

Smokey The State Bear
Get the label gunk off batteries with a dry cloth and some elbow grease. It's worked on Maha's and Eneloops for me!

As far as the screen goes, seems you have a disfuntional unit. I think it would make more sense to send MFLB an email as they take care of the warranties, not us.

SmokeTheState,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
jasonjohnson said:
HELLO I am new to this forum but for a few years I've been vaporizing.

I just bought the LB, and I have two issues with it.

1. It didn't come with the "ELbow" attachment (As advertised) . It just came with a long and a short attachment. ALso the rubber band i got is shitty compared to the one pictured...
it was thinner and kind of loose around the box.
I was kind of dissapointed, but it took a long time to find a shop that had one, so i just got it.

2. The screen was coming out on the right side. http://i595.photobucket.com/albums/tt38/jasonjohnson1981/JasonKovacic.jpg
THis seems like poor construction. I felt on the other side that this impossible to do. THe screen is sitting on wood. THere is no room under the screen for it to move, on the right side, there IS room!

DOes this mean that the design is ASYMMETRICAL ??
Or does this mean that the one i got WAS BUILT DEFECTIVELY ??
IT should still be getting the same charge and performing the same function. ONE big difference i can see is that it might let product get wedged under there on the right side, or worse come through and get in your mouth! WHat do you guys think???

I also noticed that there is no hole in the bottom of mine but now in the back. I assume this is a design change.

OTHER than that, I was ecstatic about the performance of this LITTLE BOX. It starts working INSTANTLY. I couldn't decide between this and the Iolite so i bought them both. I like this a lot better.
THERE is VISIBLE VAPOR..... and it's more fun to use.

THE taste of wood > the taste of plastic

I didn't know when i bought it that ONE BATTERY ONLY LASTS 3-5 HITS !!!
I thought one battery would do you for the whole night...
The Iolite is better in that respect. You can vape (lightly) for the better part of an hour with that thing.

I bought some ENERGIZER 1.2 V Rechargables. They are only 2300 maH. Let's see how they do. ANd I went ahead and got the 15 minute charger. IT was only slightly more expensive.

I don't like the idea of having to take along 4 batteries, the box, and a tic-tac thing full of grounded product...
I want to have maybe 2 LB's FULL of product, like REALLY FULL.

ANd then have two of the BEST BATTERIES THAT CAN BE USED FOR THIS THING....

That way, i just have two good long sessions ready to go.

NO hassling to get anything ready
NO packing outside

What do you think??

WHAT IS THE BEST BATTERY??

The best i've seen is 2950 maH....

I have 2300..

thanks for reading my rant.:2c:
All of your answers are here in the past coupla pages or so, about the screen coming out, about which batteries, etc.
It seems most prefer the new Eneloop batteries even though they have a lower mAh rating. I have the 2700 Powerex which are supposed to be great batteries but I find others to be better. I plan to get some Eneloops.

The elbow glass (acrylic?) stem is not supposed to come with the LB, it is an item that can be ordered separately at blisssville.com. They also offer a silicon tube with 2 acrylic stems. From the site:
"The Magic Flight Vaporizer kit includes a pocket vaporizer, 2 medium straight stems, two rechargeable batteries in a case, a compact battery recharger, a brush for cleaning the screen and a pouch to hold it all... Everything you need to get started."

I think the LB is not supposed to be loaded above the shoulders of the trench for best use.

MoeOnTheMoon,

nickzzzx

Does overloading a bowl(a little past the shoulders) have any effect on the temperature or efficiency of the vaporizing process? I assume it wouldn't because it's a conduction based design (I'm correct, right?), as opposed to a convection based design(like Da Buddha). In my experience, if you overload a convection based vape, the air path gets blocked which builds up heat and initiates combustion or vaporizes at a higher temp (not desired).
My theory is that with a conduction design(MFLB), the screen acts as the heating element and as long as the bowl is loosely packed and not dense(therefore obstructing the airpath), the bowl won't overheat.
Or does the empty space above the weed act as a sort of temperature regulator so there is no buildup of heat within the bowl?
Maybe my logic is flawed and overloading causes overheating regardless of the vaporizer design.

Post your experience on this, please.

nickzzzx,

VaporHand

Just ordered my Launchbox this weekend- should be getting it by wednesday! Thanks magicflight! - I also ordered a Myrtlezap for my at home use :D I think those two are going to look so awesome together.

VaporHand,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
nickzzzx said:
Does overloading a bowl(a little past the shoulders) have any effect on the temperature or efficiency of the vaporizing process?
Hi,

Going a 'little' past the shoulders is probably ok (not recommended), but filling completely all the way to the cover is definitely not ok. When overfilling, the issues are 1) there is no room the the material to move when shaking (which is important for providing even heating), and 2) there is no room for the cyclic airflow patterns over the top of the load (which also contributes to even heating). Also, any material not near the trench is not going to get heat, and will not therefore get vaped. As such, overfilling will lead to much reduced efficiency.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,

Mckdenton

Sense the day I got my LB i have been using the small stem. This mornings sesh I removed it and decided to go native. I Absolutely loved it. The more opened airway was definitely a more comfortable draw for me on account of the draw having MUCH less resistance. I fell in love with the box allover again. :peace:

Mckdenton,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Mckdenton said:
Sense the day I got my LB i have been using the small stem. This mornings sesh I removed it and decided to go native. I Absolutely loved it. The more opened airway was definitely a more comfortable draw for me on account of the draw having MUCH less resistance. I fell in love with the box allover again. :peace:
I have at times enjoyed that as well, but lately I've been liking the silicon tube more. When I carry it out in the world, though, I "go native".

MoeOnTheMoon,

Tokenlightened

For the magnified cover idea you could make a slide so that you can magnify different parts of your bud so, like someone said, you won't just be looking at the same spot all the time.

Tokenlightened,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
magicflight...we gotta get you an avatar on this site so I can skim this thread without missing your posts! Put a shot of the LB in there or something.

stickstones,
Top Bottom