No Smoking!

I was wondering how big the shipped box is for obvious reasons? I'm not exactly thrilled going to the idiots over at the apartment office and drawing attention to myself.

No Smoking!,

nickzzzx

No Smoking! said:
I was wondering how big the shipped box is for obvious reasons? I'm not exactly thrilled going to the idiots over at the apartment office and drawing attention to myself.
I received a small brown box with no markings on it, only the shipping info stickers. You shouldn't be worried unless they like to peek inside your box...which I hope they don't do!

nickzzzx,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Anyone who opens a box mailed to someone else is risking heavy Federal charges, so it's very rare that anyone does it...
The box is very small so it will fit in almost any mail box. I believe someone said the Eneloop batteries come already charged usually. If you ordered from BlissSville, you may see a note that says "Your batteries are charged", if you're lucky. Otherwise, read the Eneloop instructions re charging or topping off...?

I ordered my Eneloops from Ebay today. Looking forward to seeing how they compare with my Maha Powerexes.

Magic-Flight:

Do LB's ever start out cooler and then get hotter after a couple months or so? I've heard some say they start out hot and get cooler, but do they ever go the other way? I think mine has gotten hotter, and it's a good thing!

I'm willing to concede that it could also be just that I've perfected my technique, but I *think* it actually did start running hotter over the past coupla weeks. Anyway, now I am getting great hits off it! I've always loved the smallness of it and eloquent design, and I always got okay hits off it, but now I'm getting very nice hits - for whatever reason! :ko: NICE!

MoeOnTheMoon,

sundaddy

I concur, I get monster hits off mine. I use Energizer rechargeable most of the time, I get about 10 hits off each battery. One of the main things is, after hitting twice, dump it back out and make it powder by crumbling it back into the box.... way more surface area.

sundaddy,

VaporHand

Wow I ordered mine on saturday, and i got it on monday night (last night)
This little guy is powerful! Love it! :D

VaporHand,

Astounding

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Anyone who opens a box mailed to someone else is risking heavy Federal charges, so it's very rare that anyone does it...
The box is very small so it will fit in almost any mail box. I believe someone said the Eneloop batteries come already charged usually. If you ordered from BlissSville, you may see a note that says "Your batteries are charged", if you're lucky. Otherwise, read the Eneloop instructions re charging or topping off...?

I ordered my Eneloops from Ebay today. Looking forward to seeing how they compare with my Maha Powerexes.

Magic-Flight:

Do LB's ever start out cooler and then get hotter after a couple months or so? I've heard some say they start out hot and get cooler, but do they ever go the other way? I think mine has gotten hotter, and it's a good thing!

I'm willing to concede that it could also be just that I've perfected my technique, but I *think* it actually did start running hotter over the past coupla weeks. Anyway, now I am getting great hits off it! I've always loved the smallness of it and eloquent design, and I always got okay hits off it, but now I'm getting very nice hits - for whatever reason! :ko: NICE!
Why would that be I wonder? That it would get cooler over time. I hope it would never get cool enough as to impair its function. Mine should be here today!

Astounding,

Vaportrail

After trying a butane powered jet flame portable with lackluster results, we obtained the Magic Flight Launch Box when it emerged from Beta testing into production.

What a great unit!

It quickly became our vape of choice.

We also got a larger and faster charger with a car charging accessory plus a bunch of 2700 mA NiMh batteries on eBay along with some battery cases and we were set.

The relatively minor hassle of battery management is far easier (and less expensive) than dealing with butane, especially considering that the LB works flawlessly outdoors in a breeze while the butane models are pretty much useless in a wind.

Online we found the charger for less than $20 and bundles of rechargeable 1.2 volt AA batteries ranging from 2000 up to 2900 mA in bundles of any size for less than a buck apiece, mostly from Asian distributors with a few U.S. sellers.

Although some have groused about the LB's requirement for battery power, we have found it no more of an irritant than dealing with other electronic devices we commonly use including our cameras, computers, cell phones, etc.

The LB's ease of use, rapid warmup time, small size and great vaporization quality makes it our vape of choice while the others now gather dust.

We just can't find anything negative about the Launch Box.

The only improvement we suggest is a spring loaded On/Off power button which would allow the battery to remain fully inserted for on-demand power only when needed during draws rather than insertion and reinsertion of the battery.

Vaportrail,

VaporHand

That would be a pretty neat thing to see on the LB- If there was some type of "ignition button" I would want it to be extremely small so as not to detract from the already tiny profile of the unit.

That would be super sick though.:2c:

VaporHand,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Astounding said:
Why would that be I wonder? That it would get cooler over time. I hope it would never get cool enough as to impair its function. Mine should be here today!
I don't think that problem has ever been reported here (running too cool to work) and anyway it has a lifetime warranty! Some have reported slight changes in the beginning, where it was running a bit too hot then got cooler, as I recall, which was a good thing.

MoeOnTheMoon,

rbrown13

from the land of milk and honey (Oil that is...)
does anyone know where to get one of those bubbled elbow mouthpieces.

rbrown13,

Acaseofchaos

Even though most of the vaped weed i have is dark brown, if i put it in my grinder and grind it up, i can still get baked from it. It gets ground into smaller pieces and more surface area is exposed. After i re-vape it, i smoke it, because there are other chemicals in weed that attribute to the high which dont get vaped.

Obviously, if u are vaping for the health benefits, dont do this. I, personally, am doing it as a stealth method.

u can get the mouthpieces at blisssville.com, everything is there.

Acaseofchaos,

streetcreep

I dont think I missed it ..maybe I did , anyway

I have been reading on here all about battery choices, and don't seem to recall this

which is the recommended aftermarket battery to purchase? Most batteries talked about on mention MaH or whatever it is called. however they all seem say that they fit looser than the ones provided.

So which is recommended to purchase that have the optimum Mah and the fit that matches the same snug fit that the ones tha came with the device ?

Thanks

PS have I mentioned how great this product is ??

streetcreep,

nickzzzx

I'm starting to prefer using the box native without the plastic stem. I think it gives me a better/easier control over my draw rate. Using the 3" stem, I feel like I have to adjust my draw speed because I can't immediately feel vapor. Temperature control is much easier as a result, allowing me to easily take more adequate size hits (not too big or too small)
Anyone else prefer going native? What're your reasons?

Side note: Although the shorter stem is easier to transport and store, I noticed that since it's so short, it creates a direct stream of hot vapor. This is because there isn't much cooling going on in that ~inch stem. If I angle the box downwards(with the vapor stream aimed at the roof of my mouth) and finish a bowl relatively quickly, the roof of my mouth(wherever the stream was directed at) starts to swell a little bit. It's kinda feels like a bump filled with fluid. Anyways, its not painful and it goes away within a few hours. I just thought I'd mention it because the angle at which you hold the vape and thus the direction of the vapor stream is very important. Aim it straight towards the middle of your mouth/throat.
Going native also allows the vapor to kinda disperse in my mouth, so there is no vapor stream, just vapor swirling around(I guess).

nickzzzx,

VaporHand

Noodlez and streetcreep- Not any peeled AA will do. You need to use NiMH batteries, that have a mah rating. For the launchbox to operate at optimum conditions, you would want your batteries to have a Mah rating around 2500 (+/- 200). I bought an Energizer 15 minute charger (a 22 minute charger more accurately) and it came with 2 NiMH rechargeable AAs with a 2250 mah rating. I feel they are practically identical in power with the batteries supplied (One battery gets you a little beyond a full trench), and they definitely fit just as snug.

rbrown- checked out the site, they don't have any listed- just the medium size stem. You might want to try sending a direct email.

Chaos- I do that too.

VaporHand,

VaporHand

noodlez- I'd steer clear of radio shack, and stick with main brands. energizer- duracell- eneloop
peeling the batteries is super easy too.

VaporHand,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
It seems to me that the main recommendations on batteries have been:
Energizer, Maha/Powerex, and Eneloop.

Eneloops are the ones now being shipped with the LB and the advantage is that they will hold their charge longer in between uses. So if you are like me and only use your Box for a hit or two per day, you might want the Eneloops. If you use it for a trench or so per day then I'd say the Powerexes because they are very highly rated and also fit very well. Not sure about the Energizers' fit...? but if they fit, then they will be easier to find at stores for sure...

You can use ANY NimH battery just peel off the cover, which so far has been extremely easy for me, having done it on 3 different brands.

All I can say is that my older Powerexes really weren't doing a great job for me even though they are rated 2700 mAh. Others seem to like their (newer) ones, though. But when I decided to buy new ones, I ordered some Eneloops off Ebay and am waiting to get them. Again, depends on your usage plan. If you are going to use it every day for a trench or more, probably any good NiMH will work fine, but infrequent use means the Eneloops are probably best.

I believe someone said at one time NOT to use Radio Shack ones though.

MoeOnTheMoon,

streetcreep

Thanks I appreciate the answer this is perfect!!

VaporHand said:
Noodlez and streetcreep- Not any peeled AA will do. You need to use NiMH batteries, that have a mah rating. For the launchbox to operate at optimum conditions, you would want your batteries to have a Mah rating around 2500 (+/- 200). I bought an Energizer 15 minute charger (a 22 minute charger more accurately) and it came with 2 NiMH rechargeable AAs with a 2250 mah rating. I feel they are practically identical in power with the batteries supplied (One battery gets you a little beyond a full trench), and they definitely fit just as snug.

rbrown- checked out the site, they don't have any listed- just the medium size stem. You might want to try sending a direct email.

Chaos- I do that too.

streetcreep,

Choism

I thought i give the sanyo eneloop a try, I picked up a 4 pack at frys. Wow! What a difference a battery makes! Much better hits and more heat than my tenergy batteries. The only problem is that it fits way to loose in my launchbox :peace:

Choism,

Psatt

Hey guys, first of all, thanks for making this thread as helpful as it has become. Second is my question. When you are vaping, do you need to remove the battery completely from the device (As in fully take it out) after every hit? Thanks in advance.

Psatt,

B.

War Criminal
Yeah, take the battery out, then clear the box of the vapor. Think about the battery like a lighter when you're smoking a bowl. You don't keep lighting the bowl after your hit, ya know?

When you leave the battery in, it continues the cook the bud, losing vapor, wasting the juice in the battery and possibly combusting the bud. Trust me, I found that one out the hard way ;)

B.,
Top Bottom