Mckdenton

very dim amber colored light in the bowl. you can see it through the mouth piece or looking into and empty bowl. Not very noticeable at all. there is a picture on magic-flight.com.

Mckdenton,

driesclothesfaster

I've had a flu since Monday, and my MFLB came in the mail on Tuesday, I wasn't even well enough to stay out of bed long enough to unpack/grind/learn/charge batteries until last night!
But, last night, I couldn't sleep (head ache, awful pain in the legs) so I finally packed up a trench and used it (I'd started charging batts that morn). It went GREAT. I did get visible vapor on the exhale, but VERY little (this is my first time using a vaporizer, maybe this is just 'nothing' relatively). I got a GREAT night's sleep and I woke up today COMPLETELY better with NO FEVER!! So, basically, the Launch Box cures swine flu ;)
My only problem is totally user based, the herb in the box worked a little too well, and I got a little out of it, and I left the battery in too long... smoke started to come out, and there was some blackened material. Also, my screen is now a little browned... Is that bad?

Also, what else can I put in the MFLB? Could I through some black tea in there and get an energy boost?
Also, some people are saying you can 'flip' the herb so that you get the brown on top and the green on bottom, is that supposed to be easy, or did it take you a while to perfect?

Thanks! I'm so happy I bought this product! Made an account here just for this! :D:D:D

driesclothesfaster,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
I too am wondering about vaping other herbs in the LB and other vaporizers. Is there a thread on this here anywhere? If not maybe we should start one.

MoeOnTheMoon,

reece

There is a thread. Try searching ethnobotanicals. I think it was in the title. There's info on the web about vaporization temps for various plants.

reece,

driesclothesfaster

I only have a Magic Flight, so I'm curious about what can be done with that...
The website lists a bunch of different stuff, but I'm curious what people have actually tried.

driesclothesfaster,
Just a shipping question on the MFLB to Canadian vaporists I ordered from Vapeworld.com and took the 1st class mail option , ordered on Dec 24 . how long did it take to arrive in Canada at your door ??

BcBud420,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
reece said:
Haywood said:
You can't use it to charge AAA or C or D or 9v batteries, and you can't use it to charge Alkaline or LiIon batteries.
You can charge AAAs with the MH C9000. Also, folks can purchase C or D size adapters, which are used with AA batteries, so there is no need for a different chargers for those sizes.
You're absolutely right about AAA cells working fine in the MH-C9000. Not sure how I missed that, but I went back and edited my message; thanks!

I don't buy into using a AA cell in a C or D holder except in emergency situations. A real C or D cell has way more capacity than a AA cell, and I can't imagine anyone who would spend the money for a MH-C9000 using a AA cell in a D holder. D cell NiMH batteries are 12,000 mAH rated; why would one use a 2,000 mAH AA cell in its place?

Haywood

Haywood,

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
Simple lesson that could have ended up worse was just learned.

When not in use - you better put the effin batteries where they belong.
Long story short, I threw them into my pocket on my way to putting them in the charger. Usually this hasnt posed a problem for me in the past (even with the normal distractions that normally arise - this time was no exception) The ONLY difference this time, was I had the remnants of what was not spent of my American currency. (Pocket change)

Holy sheep shit Batman... Ive heard stories of the batteries getting hot but this was unreal. I thought I felt something 'odd' in my pocket, so I reached in and pulled out a smoking ass hot battery. Damn, that sucked. Even worse was when I reached back in to grab the pocket change that was nice and heated now. This shit was even HOTTER than that damned battery. Seriously, If I dont end up with a blister on my finger from where I was burned Ill be surprised.

Enjoy!
(But be safe and smart about it)

AGBeer,

reece

Haywood said:
I don't buy into using a AA cell in a C or D holder except in emergency situations. A real C or D cell has way more capacity than a AA cell, and I can't imagine anyone who would spend the money for a MH-C9000 using a AA cell in a D holder. D cell NiMH batteries are 12,000 mAH rated; why would one use a 2,000 mAH AA cell in its place?

Haywood
Good points. The only reason I haven't bought any yet is I don't have anything that uses C or D batteries. I never considered capacity. I think you just saved me some money. Thanks.

reece,

driesclothesfaster

Sorry to be asking so many questions, especially because, to many of you, this one may seem like a dumb question, but can I keep my stock batteries in the stock battery charger all the time? They won't get 'overcharged' or anything?

If not, is it OK to leave them in there over night if I'm gonna sleep longer than 8 hours?

Thanks!!

driesclothesfaster,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
It's not a dumb question, driesclothes. Some battery chargers do require that you remove the charged batteries, and others do not. However I don't have the stock charger so I can't answer your question. ;-D
But for others who may ask the question about their chargers, it depends on the charger and you have to read the instructions. Did the LB charger come with instructions?

MoeOnTheMoon,

driesclothesfaster

MoeOnTheMoon said:
It's not a dumb question, driesclothes. Some battery chargers do require that you remove the charged batteries, and others do not. However I don't have the stock charger so I can't answer your question. ;-D
But for others who may ask the question about their chargers, it depends on the charger and you have to read the instructions. Did the LB charger come with instructions?
Nope, but the MFLB instructions say "batteries may be left in the charger between sessions, provided that the charger remains plugged into the wall."
So I guess I'm in the clear?

driesclothesfaster,

jklasd

ive been out of the loop on the battery choice recently since i rarely use my MFLB (nothing against it, but im rarely away from my DIY hakko or PD). i was using the stock batteries, and just those, ever since i got my LB about 4-5 months ago, until i lost one. yikes!. now i need new batteries. am i to understand that the ENELOOP AA 2000 MAH low-discharge would now be a better choice then the powerex 2700 MaH? ill only have to buy 4 since i rarely use it and find i can get 2 trenches per battery(at least). thanks guys.

jklasd,

reece

jklasd said:
ive been out of the loop on the battery choice recently since i rarely use my MFLB (nothing against it, but im rarely away from my DIY hakko or PD). i was using the stock batteries, and just those, ever since i got my LB about 4-5 months ago, until i lost one. yikes!. now i need new batteries. am i to understand that the ENELOOP AA 2000 MAH low-discharge would now be a better choice then the powerex 2700 MaH? ill only have to buy 4 since i rarely use it and find i can get 2 trenches per battery(at least). thanks guys.
With rare use I would go with a low self-discharge battery like eneloop. There are other brands which may have a better fit though.

These fit great.

http://www.thomasdistributing.com/s...html?SP_id=&osCsid=vb6r7t3ncbalj5anl2ejtbfd94

reece,

vape4health

AGBeer said:
Ive heard stories of the batteries getting hot but this was unreal.
I had the exact same thing happen , I been putting chapstick caps on my batteries and it works perfect :2c:

vape4health,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
vape4health said:
AGBeer said:
Ive heard stories of the batteries getting hot but this was unreal.
I had the exact same thing happen , I been putting chapstick caps on my batteries and it works perfect :2c:
vape4health, thanks for that tip. I've been doing that and it's a great idea.

Reese, those batteries look good; have you been using those low charge batteries? How do they compare to the stock batteries or Powerex in terms of power? (that is, I have some batteries that just don't give a good strong light on the LB. Do they light up the LED strongly and give at least 3-4 good pulls?)

By the way, folks, I have bought a few things at Thomas Dist. and they do have good prices on their batteries and chargers; but be aware that you will pay a minimum of $6.40 shipping. Sometimes you can find better prices on Ebay - though you may or may not be dealing with a company as good as Thomas Dist.. Just something to consider. I hate companies that overcharge for shipping. Surely 4 batteries should not cost $6.40 to ship!

MoeOnTheMoon,

Acaseofchaos

The stock batteries are only 2000 mah (as magicflight has tested). Today... i just ordered the launch box. Im really sorry i couldnt buy blisssville, but they wanted to charge 100 dollars when vapeworld only wanted 82 dollars. (priority shipping, and blisssville wanted to charge sales tax, which vapeworld didnt charge, and the 12% discount for vapeworld). If the launch box doesnt come with eneloop batteries, i will go on frys and get some with my gift card, along with some shit to keep me busy while im using the launch box... i will post a review eventually.

Acaseofchaos,

Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
Don't forget battery bob... ( www.BatteryBob.com) ... where he has both intergalactic batteries @ $50K and intragalactic batteries at $10k each ...

and a bunch of other more practical stuff, sometimes shipping is free.

oh yeah, his photon torpedoes are only $1k each (he recommends firing 10 at a time). But you need to pick them up at the warehouse yourself.

Hippie Dickie,

vape4health

The torpedoes sound nice but he doesnt sell the launcher . :(

Edit : Today is the first time I noticed that you can see the light if you look down the stem , to MF :tup: that light is the shit .

vape4health,

Bananas

get vaked
Acaseofchaos said:
...If the launch box doesnt come with eneloop batteries...
I look to order one soon and hope it comes with eneloops

magicflight, does blissville, vapenow, vapeworld, etc have the new sanyo eneloops package MFLB?

also, blissville's extra rechargeable batteries, are those eneloops? they have pictures of tenergy still

Bananas,

reece

MoeOnTheMoon said:
Reese, those batteries look good; have you been using those low charge batteries? How do they compare to the stock batteries or Powerex in terms of power? (that is, I have some batteries that just don't give a good strong light on the LB. Do they light up the LED strongly and give at least 3-4 good pulls?)
I haven't used Powerex. Currently my rotation is 4 of the Ansmann and 2 stock from magic-flight (not lsd). The Ansmann are newer and have never been charged with a fast charger. The stock was only charged on an Energizer 15 minute charger until I got the Ansmanns. I haven't noticed any big difference in power. The Ansmanns last longer. But I don't use The Box everyday. I may go weeks without using it.

reece,

Melizzard

Beezleb said:
The Magic Flight Launch Box
(brought over from other MF thread)

I would say this is a great vape to compare mainly with any lighter based portable vape such as the vapor genie and I would compare it to the vapir oxygen at the far end to the ubie on the low end.

I have to say it is a very good solid little vape that should appeal to those who are looking for a vape to bridge small gaps of time between a desktop or home vaporizer.

The construction is simple and should not have breakage issues as other more complicated portable vapes have.

It also is a very fast vape to use, generally in the time frame it takes one to smoke a bowl or smoke a joint. It also has very little to barely noticeable smell and it is totally silent. Do not expect much visible vapor but it does get you where you want to be.

Any where you may smoke a joint, bowl, cigarette or whatnot you can use the launch box. I fit mine in an eyeglass case with a zipper, it holds everything perfectly or it can easily fit into a pocket. I recommend grinding your weed fine.

For those in the market for a quick inexpensive, functional portable vape that can be easily used in outdoor and indoor locations this little box just might be the magic you are looking for. It is with confidence that I recommend the magic flight launch box in that respect.
I have PD and am looking for a "travel vape." Is the LB easy enough to clean that I could clean it thoroughly enough to do airline travel w/it in my checked luggage?

xxoo
Melissa

Melizzard,
Top Bottom