Sofa_King

not to say that their choice of the eneloops is a bad one, but the Maha Imedions seem to do the exact same thing of retaining their charge at the same 80% for a year as the eneloops, so the question is still, what are the differences between the two? would it have to be the simplicity of the charger that you can buy them with?
And to address your last sentence there Acaseofchaos, the Maha MH-C9000 can be used to charge your batteries at a faster rate but by no means can it be considered to be only a rapid charger, the reason most people would opt for this charger is the versatility the charger has in being able to charge individual cells, as well as different battery types.

Sofa_King,

Bananas

get vaked
read all 49 pgs... planning to order soon, but still debating on charger and extra batteries... current choices:
batteries: stock, sanyo eneloop, maha powerex (sanyo/maha 2500+ mah)
charger: stock, maha mhc9000, lacrosse bc900

buying the stock charger and extra stock batteries would be easiest, but would anyone recommend NOT doing so?
and how's the stock charger? can it charge single cells? is it really worth getting one that costs 4x as much??

Bananas,

reece

Eneloops do not fit snugly in my box. And eneloop is far from the only low self discharge batteries. Ansmann is a brand that fits snugly. Also, from posts in this thread it seems Maha is one of the few brands whose batteries actually have their stated capacity.

reece,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
Over the holiday weekend my sister took her LB to go camping with friends.... It was a big hit and of course friends are now ordering one too!

She hasn't even seen the new one with the light yet.... I love the new little light :D

Lo,

Monsoon

If you have some extra cash when you order batteries, I suggest picking up a couple different brands so you can be sure you get one with a good fit. It might vary between boxes, but I find the included batteries fit perfectly, the PowerEx can be a bit tight (they've gotten stuck more than once for me) and the Eneloops are usually too loose and I have to twist them to get good contact.

Monsoon,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Vaped 4 trenches off my first two batteries before recharging. Milked huuge hits. I use super kiefy dro and cut it up with barber scissors inside a salt shaker just like the shot glass method discussed here. I think a super fine, dry grind is the secret to the MFLB. I
ve found myself drawing too slow a couple times and burning the herb.

Will report back whether this has to do with the "cool down period" and how many more trenches/charges it lasts for me.

bluntfaced,

aero18

vaporist
lo said:
Over the holiday weekend my sister took her LB to go camping with friends.... It was a big hit and of course friends are now ordering one too!

She hasn't even seen the new one with the light yet.... I love the new little light :D
I went over to some friends of mine who never had seen it before and they were converts too.

Sadly, there is this black tar on the screen now. One of them can not restrain himself from going into combustion. His own VaporGenie does not even taste like vapor. It tastes like smoke.

Kind of irritating, but a little bit of alcohol on a q-tip and a little scrubbing seems to do the job. Now only to get that taste out of the unit! :mad:

aero18,

Acaseofchaos

Everyone at my school is getting iolites. They have too many parts to break and are way too expensive, and i dont wanna pay for butane. There are probably 10 people who have gotten iolites, and im hoping to be the only one with a launch box (so i can tell them "this thing does the exact same shit as ur fancy iolite u fucker" or something like that) Im ordering it in 5 days

Acaseofchaos,

chloe

besides drawing slower...you can also pause...i do this when the battery is close to dead....the pause allows the metal mesh to bake the herbs a bit longer (ie. draw 8 secs, pause 2secs..maybe shake after a couple of pauses...repeat until lungs are full) you can get as thick of clouds to a standalone unit if you work the method to your advantage...(that's only if you do prefer thick clouds) or conversely, you can get invisible hits....

as for the maha wizardone charger...the reason i chose this over the lacrosse was the break in mode....it does a ~40hr charge to kick back a battery into life if not used for months or break in a new battery...altho i think lacrosse fixed their overheating issue (not sure)..that was enough to scare me to get the maha charger

as for the enelooop....just keep in mind of your battery habits...as lsd batteries have their strengths but also their weaknesses (highest mah rating on an lsd i've seen is ~2000mah)....if i was using a battery on a daily usage....this would negate the positives of the lsd batteries (and in the case of the LB, it tends to be the case)...BUT its great to have a set of lsd batteries in the bg when your out of batteries since lsd batteries are great at retaining their charge...

my pref is to use 8 2700mah batteries (and i'll use 3 batteries per trench, not that it takes 3 batteries, but as soon as the battery gets hot i'll switch to another and come back to it after it cools..thereby hopefully increase its life)....and i have 4 lsd batteries in the bg ready to go..but i've found with 8 batteries, i don't use the lsd batteries very often(but thats what its for)

lastly, with these new batteries that is giving MUCH better heat than my old ones....I LOVE LOVE using the whip and is now my fav way of drawing....you should see how HOT the whip gets near the mouth piece....i can't believe thats the heat that gets generated on my throat if I didn't have a whip....the only time i don't use the whip is when sharing (since I guess I don't like koodies)...i'll use a stem or bent straw...and that is for the other person...and when it's my turn i just pull out the stem and go native

PEACE!

chloe,

Mckdenton

I love my LB more and more every day. when i started vaping i quit smoking then found myself having a smoke every now and again. with the LB if i want a cig. i just vape some herb. perfect! love it! works wonderful at the river while fishing too! :cool:

Mckdenton,

reece

chloe said:
as for the enelooop....just keep in mind of your battery habits...as lsd batteries have their strengths but also their weaknesses (highest mah rating on an lsd i've seen is ~2000mah)....if i was using a battery on a daily usage....this would negate the positives of the lsd batteries (and in the case of the LB, it tends to be the case)...BUT its great to have a set of lsd batteries in the bg when your out of batteries since lsd batteries are great at retaining their charge...
You're absolutely correct about battery usage habits. I tend to only use my Box on the go so it doesn't get frequent use. The lsd batteries are perfect for me. I don't have to worry that they sit for extended periods. Also, I've seen a couple of brands at 2100mah (Ansmann and Immedion). Nothing above that.

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Medical Marijuana Activist
Company Rep
Monsoon said:
If you have some extra cash when you order batteries, I suggest picking up a couple different brands so you can be sure you get one with a good fit. It might vary between boxes, but I find the included batteries fit perfectly, the PowerEx can be a bit tight (they've gotten stuck more than once for me) and the Eneloops are usually too loose and I have to twist them to get good contact.
My Powerex 2700's fit fine, but nowhere near tight. If anything, a little loose. I have to push them to one side a little to get them to work well. Also, they do not seem to hold a charge as well as the ones that come with the LB. (What are the ones that come with the LB? What mAh are they? I know someone posted it a while back but if someone remembers that saves me from looking for it.)

I want to buy more like the ones that ship with the LB because they are better than 2 of the different Powerex's that I have.

Anyone else find that Powerex's are not that good, or are mine just older than I think?
And though I've been following this thread pretty close, I can't seem to get a sense of which batteries are the absolute best at getting the most good hits and holding a charge and fitting best. Magic Flight? I assume you should know... If price is no object, what are the absolute best batteries to use?

MoeOnTheMoon,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
So can anyone explain why a 2000mAh would be better than the Powerex 2700? I thought larger number meant more power; but I could be wrong... I'm trying to figure out if it's just my old (not sure how old) Powerex batteries are old or bad, or other brands are really better? And if others are better, which brand?

Seems several of us are wondering about this, and maybe there is no definitive answer?

MoeOnTheMoon,

reece

Q4. What does battery mAh capacity mean?

The mAh capacity rating refers to the storage capacity available for a particular battery. A battery with a capacity rating of 1800 mAh could deliver a current of 1800mA for one hour. Higher mAh ratings for the same battery type will generally mean longer run times. This does not apply when comparing different types of batteries. This means that you may not be able to predict how long your electronic device will run just by looking at the capacity rating of a battery. When powering high drain electronic devices like digital cameras, computer peripherals, or portable music players, an alkaline battery will only deliver a small fraction of its rated capacity. For example AA alkaline batteries typically have a capacity rating of over 2,500 mAh and AA NiMH batteries have rated capacities of only 1,200 to 2,000 mAh. But when it comes to actually powering an electronic device like a digital camera, the NiMH batteries will often run the device for three or four times a long. Even comparing the capacity ratings of similar types of batteries wont often work since different manufacturers can measure battery capacity in slightly different ways. A NiMH or NiCd battery is likely to deliver much closer to its rated capacity when its powering high drain devices. Alkaline batteries have a high rated capacity, but they can only deliver their full capacity if the power is used slowly. This means that a NiMH battery with a rated capacity of 1200 mAh can take many more photos than an alkaline battery with a rated capacity of 2,800.
http://www.all-battery.com/batterybasics.aspx

reece,

MoeOnTheMoon

Company Rep
Thanks for the explanation Reece.
I'm still not sure why my Powerex 2700's are lighting the LED dimmer than the standard batteries for the LB... Maybe they're just old. Guess I'm going to have to buy new ones to find out. But, which?

MoeOnTheMoon,

chloe

just for the record...i have 8 powerex 2700's and they work GREAT!...best i've used...i've used the ones that comes with the LB as well...those are great too...i've only used them only on a few occasions and have no complaints....maybe it is possible u got a bad batch since I have nothing but praise for the powerex batteries....altho I am using the wizard one charger for it (not sure if that plays a role in it either)...but if u do have a wizardone charger, try the breakin mode to kick it back up and see what the rating it gives you...mine was roughly ~2500 when i initially did the first breakin..prob wait for another month or 2 b4 i break them in again

chloe,

leetmode

hey fear420,

first off id like to say thanks for the review, it made me buy it haha.

i wanted to ask you some questions tho, does this thing give you a really good high? ive used it about 5 times and i definitely feel something but nothing crazy, am i expecting too much? or do you think i could be doing something wrong? how long do you keep the battery in?

so far i feel disappointed in this thing, i was hopping to replace my bowl with it but it doesnt seem to be taking me to the same level. its most likely that im doing something wrong but i read the instructions and went through the threads a bit and i think im doing everything right.

leetmode,

wthanna

The battery should be pushed in for about 5 seconds before you begin to draw. Draw very slowly. This is where most people go wrong.. again, draw very slowly (imagine trying to take a 20 second or longer hit). The battery needs to remain in, and making good contact until a couple of seconds before you are done drawing. Pull the battery away from the connection, flip the box over, and give it a shake to stir the load. Repeat until your trench is finished.

wthanna,

FEAR420

leetmode said:
hey fear420,

i wanted to ask you some questions tho, does this thing give you a really good high? ive used it about 5 times and i definitely feel something but nothing crazy, am i expecting too much? or do you think i could be doing something wrong? how long do you keep the battery in?

so far i feel disappointed in this thing, i was hopping to replace my bowl with it but it doesnt seem to be taking me to the same level. its most likely that im doing something wrong but i read the instructions and went through the threads a bit and i think im doing everything right.
I would say,yes,youre expecting too much. Remember this isnt a big desktop vape thats gonna give you a big foggy hit EVERYTIME. Its a portable,meant for stealth & getting the job done.

As WTH stated...put the battery in,let the chamber fill with vapors,then start pulling VERY VERY SLOWLY. The slower the better as this will increase hit density. It definitely takes some getting used to,but once you got it.....YOU GOT IT and you'll be enjoying that lil box plenty!!

FEAR420,

leetmode

wthanna said:
The battery should be pushed in for about 5 seconds before you begin to draw. Draw very slowly. This is where most people go wrong.. again, draw very slowly (imagine trying to take a 20 second or longer hit). The battery needs to remain in, and making good contact until a couple of seconds before you are done drawing. Pull the battery away from the connection, flip the box over, and give it a shake to stir the load. Repeat until your trench is finished.
FEAR420 said:
leetmode said:
hey fear420,

I would say,yes,youre expecting too much. Remember this isnt a big desktop vape thats gonna give you a big foggy hit EVERYTIME. Its a portable,meant for stealth & getting the job done.

As WTH stated...put the battery in,let the chamber fill with vapors,then start pulling VERY VERY SLOWLY. The slower the better as this will increase hit density. It definitely takes some getting used to,but once you got it.....YOU GOT IT and you'll be enjoying that lil box plenty!!
thanks for the responses guys, i think my technique was wrong so ill try WTH said, also im getting the batteries you recommended fear and will hopefully see a difference

thanks again!

leetmode,

sundaddy

My 2 cents, get extra NIMH batteries, if you haven't yet. (I use Duracell's 15 min charger.... works great- remove wrappers of course.) I always look down the stem to see the vapor forming, wait 'till you see the entire inside turn white, then hit slow about 7 sec. and pull the battery out 1/4 inch. Shake and repeat. After the 2nd hit pour herb into your hand, crumble dry herb into dust between thumb and first finger, put back in the LB. Get 5 to 8 more hits, then it and you will be cashed.

sundaddy,

FEAR420

Yes,definitely spend the extra $30 on the energizer 15mins quick charger. Very versatile piece of kit.

FEAR420,

sundaddy

NOTE: The entire tube does not have to turn white, when you look down it at first, it will look like the eye of a hurricane (vape in a ring with air in the center) when that eye starts to close up, or you see vapor leakage, it's time to hit. If you don't see vapor like this, your batteries are probably spent.

sundaddy,

vape4health

I was messing around with the meter the other day so I figured I would ckeck to see how many amps the LB pulls from a batt , I seen 4 amps on the meter and that wasn't even making the light come one , I was using aligator clips so I probly lost some on the wires and leads to the meter but still this thing is sucking power down like water , I cant believe a battery will last as long as it does . Now I see why the home power supply for the LB is so much , this thing is hungry .

DANGER the battery got too hot :
I did try a normal duracell battery , it would take about 6 seconds to start fogging the lid but that all of the hit you can get . I was letting it fog up then draw off that tiny amount , with super slow draws I was able to get visable vapor . I wouldn't say that it worked but in a extreme pinch , extreme , just wait till you got the right battery . The battery did get too hot to touch , I could see maybe a fire hazard with using normal non-rechargable's . But I did try it and figured I would post so if anyone else was woundering .

vape4health,
Top Bottom