Ben

I personally shake it after each draw in order not to always have the same pieces of material getting in contact (ie touching) with the screen...

If I don't ..I have some "precombusting issue" similar as yours

maybe this will help you :2c:

Ben,
Reactions: ntaylor

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I have had a slight bit of combustion in the beginning. I think it is part of the learning curve. I also found that freshly charged batteries don't need to be engaged as long, once the batteries drain a bit I can keep engaged a little longer.

If you feel it is hot and possibly smoking best to disengage battery and draw to cool I think. I haven't had mine more than a couple months and I don't have it happen much anymore. I do think it just takes a little time to get the feel for it. Good luck!!

Lo,

B.

War Criminal
There's a bit of a break in period where the box seems to run a little hot, but after a bit it seems to cool down and get the trenches evenly cooked, no black. Inhaling faster will help until the break in period is over, but what I found to help even more is inhaling fast enough to get the bud to swirl around in the trench every couple of seconds while the battery is attached so that the material is never in contact with the hot screen for more than a couple of seconds at a time.

B.,

Lo

inhaling fast enough to get the bud to swirl around in the trench every couple of seconds while the battery is attached so that the material is never in contact with the hot screen for more than a couple of seconds at a time.
Now that sounds pretty damn interesting B.... I will have to try that today :D Thanks for that suggstion... Love the thought of my weed swirling around in there LOL!

Lo,

Mojo

Ben said:
I personally shake it after each draw in order not to always have the same pieces of material getting in contact (ie touching) with the screen...
B. said:
what I found to help even more is inhaling fast enough to get the bud to swirl around in the trench every couple of seconds while the battery is attached so that the material is never in contact with the hot screen for more than a couple of seconds at a time.
Hello ,

I'm surprised by those 2 poste mentionning material touching the screen ...
I though the trench was supposed to be 2/3 filled !
Heeeeeellllllllppppppppppp !

Mojo,

Ben

Mojo said:
I'm surprised by those 2 poste mentionning material touching the screen ...
I though the trench was supposed to be 2/3 filled !
Heeeeeellllllllppppppppppp !
the metallic grid : la grille mtallique quoi , celle du dessous! ;)

Ben,

Ihop

My :2c:,
Contacted Ariel at BlissSville late yesterday about a problem with my LB. An early morning e-mail informed me another was on it's way. :)

The product itself is outstanding, it is my primary vape. Plus, I use a fraction of the herb I once did, and the little I use gets turned into very effective Firecrackers. :ko:

The customer service however, is without equal. And believe me I've had some business with some pretty bad dealers. BlissSville and Magic-Flight mean what they say, and do what they say. Very refreshing. WELL DONE ! :D:D

Ihop,

B.

War Criminal
I agree completely. Customer service of their calibur is incredibly rare.

Loggin-Another strategy to keep from overcooking when using a new box that has not yet been broken and is combusting a little is to begin inhaling before you make contact with the battery, that way you can control the upper limit of the temp. I just got my sister a new LB for xmas, and we were tryin it out yesterday. It is running a little hot, and I found that using this method really helped to keep it in the right temp zone.

Inhale faster than you would for a normal hit

insert battery

slow inhale down to heat box up, allowing it to warm up to where you want to be, rather than try to cool down temps that are too high

Mojo-2/3 full is just fine. Once I had used my box for a couple of weeks, the temperature evened out and combustion is now never an issue. The technique I was suggesting that you quoted is only for newer boxes that are getting combustion. With my fully broken in box I can hit it as long as I possibly can and it never burns the bud. I totally agree with Ben tho, it's CRUCIAL to shake it up every hit or two for even cooking. If you try to vape a 2/3 full trech with out somehow stirring it up at least 3 or 4 times during the session it will not cook evenly at all, and will probably combust. If it's my first vape of the day, I can catch a solid buzz off of a trench with just barely enough bud to cover the bottom of the screen. Have you tried using minimal amounts in your LB to test it's effect on you? It's a worthwhile experiment. Hope this helps.

Has anyone else noticed this break in period?

Lo-Yeah, if I can I really like mixing up my bowl my pulling the battery towards the end of my hit and then increasing my inhale speed to the max which wiill usually get it swirling, and I know I've cooled the screen down enough so that it won't produce any vapor after my hit(Which is never really an issue anyway, just an added bonus)

Magic Flight-My serial number is in the 78,000s. Does that mean you've produced over 78,000 boxes, or is do you just assign a 5 digit number non sequentially?I've also seen numbers in to 58,000s and the 85,000s. And I've seen pics with fewer than 5 digits. Does someone have a box numbered 1?
I love the idea of 100,000 people stealthily using their boxes out in the world while millions of squares have no idea. I've made a point of not showing my LB to people who aren't into the weed, or vaping, I wanna keep this thing off of the mainstream radar as long as possible. Although I would like to see cig smokers abandon smoking cigs for vaping with the box. I can't believe more people don't vape their tobacco to get their nicotine. They all complain that they have to smoke outside of work, bars, restaurants, etc... Here's a way around that that saves your lungs, saves you money, and you can do it at your desk at work, in a restaurant, at the bar, with no worries, yet vaping tobacco is nearly unheard of. Those e-cigs are soooo cool. Hmmm....I've strayed wayyyyyyyy off topic. Whatever, I do what I want!! :)

B.,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
B. said:
...My serial number is in the 78,000s. Does that mean you've produced over 78,000 boxes, or is do you just assign a 5 digit number non sequentially?...
Hi,

The number is non-sequential. It contains some quality control codes that allow us to identify the batch if there ever turn out to be any QA issues that need to get fixed.

We have recently converted to 6 digit serial codes, so some people may start noticing these. Early boxes from the first production batch have 4 digits -- those Boxes were purchased by our early adopters, sometime in June or July. I think that nearly all of those went to FC folk.

There is no Box number 1 -- sorry. There are no 1 or 2 digit Boxes either. I don't think there are even any 3 digit ones -- if there are, they are extremely rare -- probably collectors items by now. A handful of "special" numbers have also been reserved -- Box 55555, for example, is the one I personally purchased.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
what about the pre serial code box, got one of those although it doesn't work. received a replacement from magic flight a long time ago.

IAmKrazy2,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
The Mono county police are now in possession of my launch box, I miss it very, very much.

bluntfaced,

reece

That's it. Bluntfaced has let the cat out of the bag.;)

Sorry to hear that. Where is Mono county? You live in Clark county, right?

reece,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Mammoth Lakes, CA

They took my first bag of cali dank too I had some green crack, snowcap, some bomb bubble hash
a sad day it was

bluntfaced,

Lo

LMAO!!! Okay their warranty rocks but.... That'd be a cake topper there :D

Lo,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Haha that would rule.
Replacement vape for a broke ski bum that's been fucked by the man?
What say you magic flight?

I have to say though in the week I skiid with that thing at high altitude I convinced at least 3 or 4 other stoners to buy one for themselves. The thing riiips at like 10,000 ft.

bluntfaced,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
bluntfaced said:
Replacement vape for a broke ski bum that's been fucked by the man?
What say you magic flight?

I have to say though in the week I skiid with that thing at high altitude I convinced at least 3 or 4 other stoners to buy one for themselves. The thing riiips at like 10,000 ft.
Hi Bluntfaced,

For the record, the warranty definitely does not cover lost or stolen units. "Taken by cops" is cut and dry 'lost or stolen'. To make matters worse, "they" now know what to look for -- making it harder for everyone.

Yet, it is also to be acknowledged that this sort of event was eventually inevitable and expected. Still, even so, you are answerable to more than 'the Man' in this case -- FC readers will want to know what happened -- in detail. Specifically, they will want to have learned from your experience what NOT to do so that they do not also befall a similar fate!

Therefore, I will make an exception to the usual policy this one time only and actually treat it as a "warranty event". For this grace, you will be required to do three things: 1) send us a private email with your postal address and, if you have it or can get it, your Box number (important!); 2) write a post with a detailed story of what actually happened and then what you would do differently so that other FC members have a chance to benefit from your experience (better for everyone). Finally 3) please post/report something/details about using the Box at high altitude and in particularly cold/windy conditions. We get a lot of questions about that and we do not have the capacity to test units with such usage conditions. What sort of things do you do to get the best results from the Box when on the mountain? This sort of information will be of benefit to other people as well and will do something to offset the costs (both material and social) that have been incurred.

Finally, please be aware that the replacement Box will ship without batteries or accessories -- presumably the charger etc. was at home when your Box was taken.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
I would have never expected you guys to do this for me, absolutely incredible.

As far as how to not get your magic flight taken by the cops; mine was taken out of the place I was staying when my closet was searched after a room mate snitched on me. I was temporarily staying in employee housing before moving into a more permanent spot. They knew it was paraphernalia because it was hidden in the same place as my herb and there was a little vaped bud stuck to the screen. Every marijuana related thing I had with me was taken including batteries, charger, grinder and stash jars as well as my room mate's bong. When I flew with my launch box I put a little tobacco in the trench and put it in my checked luggage.

So, if you don't want your launch box taken by the cops don't store it next to your herb, don't carry it around full of herb and make sure to brush the trench out completely. You could put tobacco in the trench or maybe some mint or lavender as all three of these could produce an arguably desirable effect. If you don't keep this unit with all your other stoner equipment there is a good chance whoever is looking won't have any idea what it is. However if it's in your backpack with herb and a grinder and whatever else happens to be in there anyone reasonably intelligent will probably figure it out.

As far as using the unit at high altitude, it rules. I've used it on chairlifts and gondolas many times as well as in lodges at the tops of mountains. It works great in the wind as well. The only problem with the cold is it seems to shorten the life of the batteries ever-so-slightly. I kept my battery case and box in another soft case under my main ski pants and against my leg to keep them from getting too cold. This seems to work very well. The only time I had problems was when it was snowing really hard. Snow accumulates on the box and melts. I only used it once in these conditions then decided it wasn't worth it. As far as wind goes the box is the ultimate solution as it does not depend on a lighter. It gets WINDY up here too. Unfortunately I only got a chance to bring it up to about 9000ft but the top of this mountain is at 11000 and it just opened up so I am very excited to use one up there! You can definitely draw slightly harder which makes it much easier for people who have never used it to get a feel for it. It is of the utmost importance to pull the battery right away though, I find I have to constantly nag people on this point.

I will send you guys an email later with my address and everything, if you guys send me some literature or pamphlets I would gladly hand them out to people. I get so many questions about it and people can never remember what it's called afterward or where to find one.

If anyone has any questions or would like me to elaborate on something, ask away!

bluntfaced,

Lo

Okay.... Standing ovation smiley inserted here :D

I'm sorry your box was taken and man is that some stand up shit there from Magic Flight!!! I'm happy to be an LB owner. I love stand up folks!!!! That really is above and beyond though!

Nice hearing about box use in the mountains... Especially since I'm here in flat-ass Florida. The trying to use in snow just made me catch a chill LMAO!!

Lo,

itriplots

I also have experience with it at altitude and in cold conditions.

I live at about 8000' just south of Crested Butte in CO. Going up snowboarding and snowmobiling we get up towards 12000' and I do not notice any difference in performance. It has not been as cold as usual here but Ive had it out in -18 with some gusty winds and it seemed like I got a bit less vape per battery than when its warmer. The batteries were pretty damn cold but I did attempt to warm them before I used them.

itriplots,

manchild

Vapourist
I was expecting a much more bad ass, spread your legs story than that Bluntfaced. Not too sure if it's deserving of a new launch box! :lol: :D :p

Seriously though, that little piece of customer service right there just tipped me over the edge. I officially want one! Not too sure about needing a high altitude vape here in oz, but it sure does get windy sometimes. Sounds like the perfect solution for a mid surf vape with the missus on the beach! :cool:

By the way. Sounds like an awsome room mate you have Bluntfaced! How do you suppose you could return such a favour?

manchild,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Yeah I'm sorry about the story guys, I kind of feel like I have let you down. It's really just a fucked up situation. I lost my job because of it but I've found a new job and I should have a new pass in a couple days. I found a new spot to live and I'm moving in tomorrow, I've been staying in a hostel type place the last few days, it's a pretty sweet place I've come by some nice bud here. It's the first time I've seen medical bud all jarred up with the prescription labels. I was crackin up.

ItRipLots perhaps you aren't gettin increased performance because it's balls fuckiing cold in Colorado while here in central california, even up at 8000 feet, it hasn't been going below like 20 degrees in the day time.

bluntfaced,
Top Bottom