fobitz

I have to make a quick post about the launch box. I've had mine for several months now. After reading the forum I began thinking my LB wasn't calibrated correctly and wasn't getting quite hot enough. I contacted magic flight and in less then a week I had a replacement. The LB works great, not big clouds of vapor but it still does a great job which makes me think the clouds are for show anyway. ;-) Vapor clouds would just mess up it's covert/stealth abilities

If you're on the fence about getting a LB all I can say is give it a shot. It's a superior product from an exceptional company. It is surely one of the best products I've purchased in many years.

Thanks magic flight. Awesome.

fobitz,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
annaK said:
I found this info on a camera site:
At -4 degrees F both NIMH AA and Lithium CR5 batteries are down to 1/2 normal capacities. At 32 degrees F both are down to between 90% - 95% of capacity. Alkaline AA cells are down to 65% at 32 degrees F and useless at -4 F.
Also, since the batteries would be stored in a pocket in most cases, the batteries would be warmer than the air.... how much warmer depends on the person and the pocket i guess :)

As an estimate: at 15F, the batteries may be down to 75% capacity, assuming a fairly linear scale, which may be completely inaccurate! So, with fully charged 2700mah batteries, I presume it may work even if you don't keep your batteries in your warm pocket.

I'm just guessing.... I'll be snowboarding in about a month -- I'll give it a try :)

anna.

-------
after reading a little further, i found out that batteries don't lose much of their capacity until the temperature goes below 0F (-18C). you may have to inhale slower if the air outside is colder though.... again, i'm just guessing, based on my experience with the vaporgenie in cold weather.
Thanks for the info, I'm gonna figure out a way to carry them underneath my pants or jacket. Maybe by liners with pockets in them? Or like a money belt type thing. My ipod always used to die in the cold so I made it a cozy, I could crochet a launch box cozy and a battery cozy!

I'll be riding between 7000 and 11000 feet so hopefully the high elevation will make the herb vape at a slightly lower temperature to make up for the colder launch box.

bluntfaced,

tomitface

is there any real heating element to this thing? or is it just the batteries heating up the two wires running down along sides of the screen?

tomitface,

philmcneal

vap3 master
so on the blissville site it says 2.5 i assume that's the LED version

man this device needs a power adapter so badly, i can see batteries being chewed up with my habits and sharing with friends

philmcneal,

Monsoon

philmcneal said:
so on the blissville site it says 2.5 i assume that's the LED version

man this device needs a power adapter so badly, i can see batteries being chewed up with my habits and sharing with friends
No, that's 2.5 inches which is how big it is.

Monsoon,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
tomitface said:
is there any real heating element to this thing? or is it just the batteries heating up the two wires running down along sides of the screen?
the screen is the heating element

DeepFried,

txholla

OMG, just tried out my LB. Simply amazing, wish I would have found it sooner. So much more efficient, so tasty, so bad ass.

I love my little buddy.

P.S. The led seems to give a nod to smoking. It is that perfect little glow.

:o:D

txholla,

aero18

vaporist
txholla said:
OMG, just tried out my LB. Simply amazing, wish I would have found it sooner. So much more efficient, so tasty, so bad ass.

I love my little buddy.

P.S. The led seems to give a nod to smoking. It is that perfect little glow.

:o:D
I gave it a test run today as well. It helped rip my thoughts apart and helped give birth to new ones. The Launch Box opened a new world of insight in my elevated state of mind just moments ago.

I am so fucking high.

I am so, just so... elevated in my perspective of life. God fucking damn. This Launch Box really did the job.

Chaps, cannabis is a wonderful plant.

aero18,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
LOL, that is what I keep saying, the LB hits fuckin hard. Magic Flight has explained the science behind why it works so well and it really does.

DeepFried,

aero18

vaporist
The LaunchBox had me completely ripped last night. The only thing is that even through two rounds with the same herbs, parts of the herb were still green! I stirred between each hit but I couldn't get those parts brown!

I ground up the herb pretty finely with scissors so the size of the cuttings were not an issue. Does anyone else get uneven heating, even after stirring the trench?

I guess this will make more potent ABV brownies, but my intent is to vape it at least until everything is brown/light-brown.

aero18,

Kuroth

Account Closed
I get like 90% of mine dark brown to black.. there is a little dark green left but not much...

Of course I smoke the shit out of it before I stop... I guess I am a stragne one but I actually kind of like the burnt popcorn tasts.. :cool:

Kuroth,

aero18

vaporist
Kuroth said:
I get like 90% of mine dark brown to black.. there is a little dark green left but not much...

Of course I smoke the shit out of it before I stop... I guess I am a stragne one but I actually kind of like the burnt popcorn tasts.. :cool:
About 40% of mine was still green. I'll try it out again today to see if it due to user error.

aero18,

txholla

I'm getting what Kuroth is. Most of my ABV is black. Perhaps I'm drawing too slowly.

txholla,

txholla

magicflight,

I recieved my unit yesterday, but noticed while I was using it today there was a crack in the wood around the mouthpiece. I'm scared this could lead to further wood damage in the future due to pulling the stem in and out. I sent you an email with my serial # detailing it and with a picture I took right after I opened it. that shows the crack.

TIA for your help.

txholla,

rayski

aero18 said:
Does anyone else get uneven heating, even after stirring the trench?
I think the shaking/stirring causes some pieces ,because of their weight and shape, to rise up from the screen and they don't get as much heat. This seems to be true for pieces of stem, which is good.

rayski,

aero18

vaporist
rayski said:
aero18 said:
Does anyone else get uneven heating, even after stirring the trench?
I think the shaking/stirring causes some pieces ,because of their weight and shape, to rise up from the screen and they don't get as much heat. This seems to be true for pieces of stem, which is good.
I'll take a picture of it next time. There were no stems in it.

aero18,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
aero18 said:
The LaunchBox had me completely ripped last night. The only thing is that even through two rounds with the same herbs, parts of the herb were still green! I stirred between each hit but I couldn't get those parts brown!
By stirring you mean shaking? Don't actually stir with anything or you'll risk damaging the screen, especially when you are totaled. After you are done each hit quickly turn the LB upside down to stop the heating of the herb, shake and disengage the battery. Then while still upside down shake it violently to break up the herb that chunked together so that it is a fine consistency again. You should be able to get almost all of the herb a dark brown that way.

DeepFried,

aero18

vaporist
DeepFried said:
aero18 said:
By stirring you mean shaking? Don't actually stir with anything or you'll risk damaging the screen, especially when you are totaled. After you are done each hit quickly turn the LB upside down to stop the heating of the herb, shake and disengage the battery. Then while still upside down shake it violently to break up the herb that chunked together so that it is a fine consistency again. You should be able to get almost all of the herb a dark brown that way.
I did shake, but like I said I had trouble getting the green vaped out. Because of this I tried stirring to get more green on the bottom.

Didn't work though. :/

aero18,

VivaSativa

aero18 said:
The only thing is that even through two rounds with the same herbs, parts of the herb were still green! I stirred between each hit but I couldn't get those parts brown!
By two rounds you mean two lungfuls? For me it takes 5-7 lungfuls of long slow draws to get a full trench mostly brown. I'd say I get about 85% brown, the rest being various shades of dark green (the weed I vaped was very light green originally). I just keep taking more lungfuls until it gets to that color, or the vape becomes too harsh with an unpleasant taste. By later smoking that ABV in a bong, I can estimate that most of the THC is gone, as I get a weak body stone from a mostly sativa strain.
Hope this info helps :peace:

VivaSativa,
Reactions: ntaylor

aero18

vaporist
VivaSativa said:
aero18 said:
The only thing is that even through two rounds with the same herbs, parts of the herb were still green! I stirred between each hit but I couldn't get those parts brown!
By two rounds you mean two lungfuls? For me it takes 5-7 lungfuls of long slow draws to get a full trench mostly brown. I'd say I get about 85% brown, the rest being various shades of dark green (the weed I vaped was very light green originally). I just keep taking more lungfuls until it gets to that color, or the vape becomes too harsh with an unpleasant taste. By later smoking that ABV in a bong, I can estimate that most of the THC is gone, as I get a weak body stone from a mostly sativa strain.
I meant two separate sessions by two rounds. So you have some dark green left? That's what my problem is. When I vaped out of my VaporGenie or Da Buddha, I vaped until there was no green left.

aero18,

VivaSativa

aero18 said:
VivaSativa said:
aero18 said:
I meant two separate sessions by two rounds. So you have some dark green left? That's what my problem is. When I vaped out of my VaporGenie or Da Buddha, I vaped until there was no green left.
Yeah I have some dark green left, I think it's normal for this vaporizer. In the first few days I too was bothered by it, I'd dump the ABV on a piece of paper and hand pick the greener bits and then put them in the LB again. Needless to say, I quickly realized it's not worth the effort :p Especially since I smoke the ABV so it's no problem having some potency left in the ABV.

VivaSativa,
Top Bottom