Monsoon

Just ordered my batteries and charger which will hopefully arrive around the same time as the box. I ended up going with the Maha C401FS and 4 Powerex 2700 batteries from http://www.paulsfinest.com/. I figure the extra capacity will be good for outings and I can get Eneloops locally if I need them. The C401FS seems to be one of the few smart chargers on the market in my price range that offers 4 independent charging circuits AND 4 LED's. It's also supposed to be a good charger overall.

Mojo said:
And what about the silicone WHIP tube ? ( instead of a straight stem ? )

Thanks
Didn't order the whip since people here don't seem to like it much. Considering the size of the box I think it might be a bit awkward to hold compared to a fixed tube but you might like it so it's up to you. Short peg or native seems to be the way to go with the box. Personally I ordered a few short stems, a medium stem and the bulbous stem to try them all out. The longer stems may be good if you're sensitive to the hot vapour but MF mentioned earlier in the thread that you may be more likely to cough with a long tube due to the air moving faster or something like that.

Monsoon,

annaK

DeepFried said:
Make sure to take the time to read the instructions, it is an advanced charger and you need to put some numbers into it for any particular battery to get optimum results. For me the MAHA 2700's last at least twice as long as the batteries that came with my LB which I believe were 2100's.
hey deepfried,

what speed do you normally charge your batteries at with the maha c9000? (e.g. 0.8C ?)

do you normally just use 'charge' mode, or do you always use 'discharge' mode first?

my batteries are currently 'breaking in'... just waiting for my launch box to arrive now :)

annaK,

Mojo

From the whip , i could maybe cut some costum-built silicon stems ....
- Flexible so less risk of breakage
- Allowing to search right length for a compromise with cooling vapor , risk of cought ( both highly personal, i presume )
and stealth depending on the context
==> Any taste problem with the silicon ?

Btw , still no news about the grinder ? ( sounds a little expensive for a grinder ... )

Mojo,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
annaK said:
DeepFried said:
Make sure to take the time to read the instructions, it is an advanced charger and you need to put some numbers into it for any particular battery to get optimum results. For me the MAHA 2700's last at least twice as long as the batteries that came with my LB which I believe were 2100's.
hey deepfried,

what speed do you normally charge your batteries at with the maha c9000? (e.g. 0.8C ?)

do you normally just use 'charge' mode, or do you always use 'discharge' mode first?

my batteries are currently 'breaking in'... just waiting for my launch box to arrive now :)
Great, now that you have the charger read the instructions all the way through, they are very well done and very informative. Thanks Monsoon for the great link, it basically states what is in the owners manual. For new batteries I use the break-in mode which can take up to 48 hours to complete, but after that the PowerEx 2700's last a good 4 trenches [for me anyway]. Then after the initial break-in I use the plain charge mode at 1000mA for the original batteries that come with the LB as I believe they are 2100mAh and 1300mA for the PowerEx 2700mAh batteries. I also think the PowerEx 2700's fit better than the stock batteries because their shoulder is so small that they don't catch as you slide them in and out.

DeepFried,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
Mojo said:
From the whip , i could maybe cut some costum-built silicon stems ....
- Flexible so less risk of breakage
- Allowing to search right length for a compromise with cooling vapor , risk of cought ( both highly personal, i presume )
and stealth depending on the context
==> Any taste problem with the silicon ?

Btw , still no news about the grinder ? ( sounds a little expensive for a grinder ... )
Mojo I don't think the silicone whip fits into the hole on the LB, it fits over the short peg which you must put into the LB first as sort of an adapter. For me the silicone is a nuisance because it is too grippy and if your sleeve or finger rubs it as you are loading your trench you will upset the LB causing you to spill shit all over. It also attracts dirt and fuzz and shit, that really you don't want to be putting in your mouth.

DeepFried,

aero18

vaporist
The new LB arrived today! I am really excited to try the vape out.

The only thing that disappointed me was the fact that the wood came with a chipped corner. Usually these minor issues don't bother me, but having spent over 70 dollars on the device alone and having it come with a cosmetic issue is sort of annoying (it is really a small chip though).

Anyways, the light on this thing is SO discrete! I first thought that I might like the original over the lit version, but having seen it now has changed my opinion. See for yourselves!

aero18,

chloe

WOW!! Thanks for the video...that LED IS SO BADASS!!...i had that on my wish list with the power adapter...it is soooo cool to see the progress of this nifty device

chloe,

Monsoon

aero18 said:
txholla said:
aero, if you can take a video that would be bad ass!
I'll get on top of that this Thursday.

EDIT: Or today. The focus was off since I had the digital camera too close. If you want a better shot I'll do another one. This was just done in the spur of the moment.

http://www.youtube.com/v/TLuUvSPSmus
Great video! I found the focus to be fine. The light looks great, subtle yet serves it's role as a feedback indicator so you know that it's on or off. It will be especially beneficial for finicky fitting batteries.

Is there any chance you could take a video or picture with the trench full? I'm curious how well you can see the light out the top. Also, I don't think we have any videos really showing the herb while it's vaporizing Of course don't keep the battery in with a full trench for more than 5 seconds.

P.S.: I've got a decent camera myself so I'll try to post some videos after I get it. I don't know yet if I got the one with a light or not but I'm sure I'll love it just as much :D

Monsoon,

aero18

vaporist
Okay. I don't have any herbs at the moment, but I will by the end of the week. I'll make a video of it then. :)

aero18,

allentxpool

Hi everyone & greetings!

I am new to the forum but I occasionally post on mj.com. I started reading-up on vapes last week as a buddy of mine has da buddha and I love it.

I was looking for a fairly inexpensive but good quality vape that did the trick without the use of a lighter. I had never heard of the Magic LB until a few days ago when I began my research.

After reading this thread - all 32 pages - I was sold. I was especially impressed by the customer service offered and the fact that MF has been very helpful to any customers' needs.

I ordered my LB from Blissville and it arrived today :) Unfortunately I won't get to take it for a spin until tomorrow but I will report back again on the experience.

Anyway, the reason for my post is two things:
1) I want to commend Ariel and Blissville for her outstanding service. To make a long story short, I was concerned I would not receive my LB before a road trip tomorrow and I contacted Ariel -after- my order was placed. She personally ensured that I would receive my shipment on-time, and thankfully, it arrived today. And to add - just the small touches such as fully charged batteries with a handwritten note shows that Blissvile truly cares for its customers.

2) - And this is a question - I've seen several posts about how the batteries should not be kept in your pocket or come into contact with metal objects. But the little case that came with the shipment allows the batteries themselves to lay next to each other. Is it OK for the batteries to touch each other, so long as they don't come into contact with something else metal? I just want to be sure - I purchased a 12-pack battery storage case today and the batteries would all stack right next to each other (2X6). I just want to make sure that is OK...

Thanks for the feedback!

allentxpool,

aero18

vaporist
allentxpool said:
2) - And this is a question - I've seen several posts about how the batteries should not be kept in your pocket or come into contact with metal objects. But the little case that came with the shipment allows the batteries themselves to lay next to each other. Is it OK for the batteries to touch each other, so long as they don't come into contact with something else metal? I just want to be sure - I purchased a 12-pack battery storage case today and the batteries would all stack right next to each other (2X6). I just want to make sure that is OK...
It is okay! Nothing will happen. They won't spontaneously combust in your pants. :ko:

aero18,

Qbit

cannabanana
I'm very curious about this unit, but I have some questions:

Being in Australia, can I order one from here?

Will the new power supply unit be available for 220-240v?

I assume shipping expenses would make for a significant difference between shipping one package and two. So am I right in thinking that an all-in-one package including the mains supply won't be available till December?

And finally, are there any other Australians here, and can you recommend a good charger? (Unless there's a suitable one available from the site.)

Qbit,

B.

War Criminal
@aero-What kind of crazy ass math is goin on in your pics?

Great pics. That light looks dope. I just might gift my current lightless launch box to my sis and pick up a new lighted box. Or two.

Hows the power adapter comin along? Can't wait for it :)

B.,

allentxpool

aero18 said:
It is okay! Nothing will happen. They won't spontaneously combust in your pants. :ko:
Thanks for the info - yeah, I figured that, just wanted to make sure. Ariel also sent me an email with assurance that it's OK :-)

allentxpool,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Qbit said:
Being in Australia, can I order one from here?
Yes -- place the order on BlissSville.com

Qbit said:
Will the new power supply unit be available for 220-240v?
Yes, although you may need a plug adapter since we are shipping two prong plugs.

Qbit said:
am I right in thinking that an all-in-one package including the mains supply won't be available till December?
Perhaps sooner, but by then for sure.

Qbit said:
And finally, are there any other Australians here, and can you recommend a good charger? (Unless there's a suitable one available from the site.)
The little charger we ship will do 220-240v -- again, you may need a plug adapter for it.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Ben

magicflight said:
(...)
The little charger we ship will do 220-240v -- again, you may need a plug adapter for it.

-- Magic-flight
i got my answer! So, this is correct for europe and france as well.

Thank you Magic-Flight ;)

Ben,

aero18

vaporist
B. said:
@aero-What kind of crazy ass math is goin on in your pics?
Hah, it's for my homework in my calculus class with integrated geometry. Less than a year of math left for me! :D

aero18,

bluntfaced

I'm El Diablo Baby!!!
Would the rechargeable batteries not work as well if they were below freezing temperature?? Like in my pocket all day in 15 degree F weather??

bluntfaced,

annaK

I found this info on a camera site:
At -4 degrees F both NIMH AA and Lithium CR5 batteries are down to 1/2 normal capacities. At 32 degrees F both are down to between 90% - 95% of capacity. Alkaline AA cells are down to 65% at 32 degrees F and useless at -4 F.
Also, since the batteries would be stored in a pocket in most cases, the batteries would be warmer than the air.... how much warmer depends on the person and the pocket i guess :)

As an estimate: at 15F, the batteries may be down to 75% capacity, assuming a fairly linear scale, which may be completely inaccurate! So, with fully charged 2700mah batteries, I presume it may work even if you don't keep your batteries in your warm pocket.

I'm just guessing.... I'll be snowboarding in about a month -- I'll give it a try :)

anna.

-------
after reading a little further, i found out that batteries don't lose much of their capacity until the temperature goes below 0F (-18C). you may have to inhale slower if the air outside is colder though.... again, i'm just guessing, based on my experience with the vaporgenie in cold weather.

annaK,

aero18

vaporist
What's the best way to remove the wrapper around the battery? I'm having a hard time getting the glue off of them after the wrapper has been taken off. :/

aero18,

annaK

aero18 said:
What's the best way to remove the wrapper around the battery? I'm having a hard time getting the glue off of them after the wrapper has been taken off. :/
I, also, have been wondering about this.... is it dangerous? batteries always say not to remove the cover....

I haven't removed a cover yet, and I have to admit I'm a little nervous!

annaK,
Top Bottom