rayski

jklasd said:
it was more a curiousity question. ill probably not even use the tube, as i usually dont for anything. ill probably order from vapenow.
Vapenow and Blissville don't always have the same kit; you could end-up with the L-tube if you get your LB from Vapenow. If your curious.

rayski,

rayski

jklasd said:
I thought they were suppose to be the same kit?
They don't necessarily restock the LB kits at the same time. Vapenow could still have some kits with the L-tube.

rayski,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
I just received my kit from vapenow two days ago. NO L shaped tube in my kit. Short peg and long straight stem. Not sure if all their stock is that way or not. I honestly don't think I'd use the L shaped. I like the peg so far.

Lo,

VivaSativa

I got my LB a few days ago, and I like it, but not sure I can convert fully from smoking. I've never tried any other vaporizer, so I don't know if it's the vape high that is missing something or this specifc vaporizer that doesn't get the most out of my weed.
I'm used to smoking bongs, a tiny amount of 0.1g gets me flying for about two hours. When I vape a double amount of that in the LB, it sure does get me high but it's a much cleaner and 'lighter' high, which is nice for some times, but other times I wanna get that heavy/woozy kind of buzz that I get from smoking.
I know it's a common problem for smokers who start vaping, and I'd normally think that's the case with me, but what makes me doubt is this: If I smoke my ABV in the bong, I still get a very nice high, not significantly weaker than a normal bong hit.. It tastes pretty bad and I only tried it once so far, but it seemed to do the trick.
Why does the LB leave all that goodness in the herb? I follow the instructions and tips for vaping that were given in the manual and this thread. I take slow long hits and then turn the box over and shake it, and repeat until I feel the unmistakeable burnt popcorn taste, and the herb is much darker in most areas (Anyone else crave popcorn after that? :p).
I wish I could switch to vape only, I hate smoking, but so far it seems it gets me higher by smoking less..
If I'll manage to smoke my ABV (if the taste isn't too foul), then I will love the LB that gives me an extra high from my weed. On the other hand, if I won't be able to reuse it, then I guess I'll use the LB only when I want a clean/light high, or if stealth is needed.
I hope this doesn't sound like a negative review, all in all I'm happy with my purchase :peace:
I can full heartedly recommend the LB especially to people who need stealth: It's tiny, silent, quick to operate and leaves no smell. It can even be mistaken for an inhaler because of the shape the battery makes with the box ;)
Also, the service in Blisssville is excellent, and they accept Paypal which is very comfortable if you don't have an international credit card :ninja:

VivaSativa,

chloe

i'm not an expert..so I'm going off what I've read...but i'm wondering if that wooziness that you crave is your system battling the effects of CO and other stuff associated with combusting.....but assuming there is still some cannabinoids (released at the higher temps) left behind in your AVB that contribute to that high that is more easily attainable via combustion, maybe you can save and use it in a tincture (green dragon) in order to use every last bit of your herb..that's what I plan on doing..haven't done it yet tho...but i do have quite a bit of avb collecting

chloe,

spooky

VivaSativa said:
I know it's a common problem for smokers who start vaping, and I'd normally think that's the case with me, but what makes me doubt is this: If I smoke my ABV in the bong, I still get a very nice high, not significantly weaker than a normal bong hit.. It tastes pretty bad and I only tried it once so far, but it seemed to do the trick.
Why does the LB leave all that goodness in the herb?
The lunchbox is a conduction vapourizer and as such is inherently inefficient. For maximum efficiency I would recommend a convection model.

I have both the extreme and the LB and the same amount of material goes much farther in the extreme as heat is applied much more evenly.

spooky,

reece

Maybe it's all subjective but I find the Lauch Box to be extremely efficient. Much more than my convection vapes which take some time to cool down, thereby still cooking the herb a bit if not completely finished. Maybe it's a matter of technique.

reece,

max

Out to lunch
spooky said:
The lunchbox is a conduction vapourizer and as such is inherently inefficient. For maximum efficiency I would recommend a convection model.

I have both the extreme and the LB and the same amount of material goes much farther in the extreme as heat is applied much more evenly.
It's Launch Box, not lunchbox. Efficiency with this vape can be much better than with other conduction models, like the BC Vaporizer and its clones. How much efficiency you get is determined by how you use it. Careful, patient use can get you high efficiency. Load it up, apply the battery so you can get huge, high temp hits, and you will go through some herb in a hurry.

Maybe it's a matter of technique.
Definitely.

max,

jklasd

hey max, the name is a sticking point with you eh :lol:
while i never used the LB, i think most vapes efficiency depends on how you use it.
on a side note, ill be ordering it today:) hopefully gets here by the end of next week.

jklasd,

VivaSativa

max said:
Maybe it's a matter of technique.
Definitely.
If I get the burnt popcorn taste after a few lungfuls, doesn't that mean I'm doing it right? I take long slow draws with fresh batteries, and the vapor is warm and flavorful... What could I be doing wrong?

VivaSativa,

max

Out to lunch
hey max, the name is a sticking point with you eh
With the way that bad/wrong info gets around the web, yeah, it's kind of a 'knee jerk' reaction with me. People may be having fun with the name, but somehow I don't think Mr. Magic Flight would appreciate having his product become known as the 'Lunchbox'. ;)

max,

chloe

just got 2 LB in the mail today...the stock batteries do have a nice fit...watched as my friend experienced the LB magic for the first time...he is in love with it...he feels he gets a different high and taste from it vs his buddha....personally, I can't tell the diff...altho the wood does add a nice taste when you use it native

anyways...just a few more happy customers over here in Canada

chloe,

taggs

Cameron
I got my LB a few days ago, and I like it, but not sure I can convert fully from smoking.
mate, I had the exact same issue not even a few weeks ago. i found switching from bongs to vaping it just felt like something was 'missing'. i never felt quite as high as when i smoked.

you don't spin your weed at all do you? cause i used to spin it with tobacco which understandably meant i was getting a very different feeling from smoking because nicotene was involved. plus all of the other burnt stuff thats in smoke that isn't present in vapour. i'm sure someone a little more knowledgable could explain it better than me.

so if you do spin your herb at all, try not smoking for a couple of weeks (1-3) and then try vaping. it worked wonders for me.

edit: though it could be the vape your using, i have to admit i'm pretty noob at all this. i've only ever used a PD but from what i've heard it's pretty great (FC was what got me to buy it, hi-5s all round on that one!)

taggs,

jklasd

hey chole, where bouts are you in canada?
i ordered the LB on wed, hopefully late next week if im lucky i will have it. i went with blisssville because shippin with vapenow was 21 compared to 7 at blisss.

jklasd,

chloe

blissville is awesome..seem like really nice people....ordered sept2 and it came actually tues..but picked it up today...GTA area

chloe,

jklasd

hopefully i luck out and have it at customs by friday.
yea same here, oshawa for me haha crack town.

jklasd,

VivaSativa

taggs said:
I got my LB a few days ago, and I like it, but not sure I can convert fully from smoking.
mate, I had the exact same issue not even a few weeks ago. i found switching from bongs to vaping it just felt like something was 'missing'. i never felt quite as high as when i smoked.

you don't spin your weed at all do you? cause i used to spin it with tobacco which understandably meant i was getting a very different feeling from smoking because nicotene was involved. plus all of the other burnt stuff thats in smoke that isn't present in vapour. i'm sure someone a little more knowledgable could explain it better than me.

so if you do spin your herb at all, try not smoking for a couple of weeks (1-3) and then try vaping. it worked wonders for me.

edit: though it could be the vape your using, i have to admit i'm pretty noob at all this. i've only ever used a PD but from what i've heard it's pretty great (FC was what got me to buy it, hi-5s all round on that one!)
Nope, I smoke it pure. Don't smoke anything else (not even joints). I've since then smoked some of my ABV and it works great, so I'm pretty happy with the LB, even though I won't use it exclusivly as I intended. It still allows me to get more out of my weed as I can smoke the ABV and get good results :p

VivaSativa,

Sh1zn1t

Ordered my Launch box from Blissville, and although I am overall happy with the product I have a couple concerns.

* I ordered the "Launch Box Kit" and in the picture it shows a curved longer tube. I didn't get one of those, I got a straight-shot longer tube. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I was definitely expecting the curved one.

kit_1347_1.jpg

* Also, I have noticed that after about the first week of use, a single battery can no longer finish a whole trench. I have to use two to finish one trench, which is horrible considering I only have 2 batteries as of now.(using the supplied batteries btw) Don't know if this is my unit's fault or the battery's, but my technique for using the box hasn't changed at all.

Also, on a side note, I was wondering if it's worthwhile to buy the Energizer 15 minute battery charge kit. I obviously need more batteries for this thing, but my money is kind of tight and $40 for batteries isn't high on my priorities. But if they are good for use with my LB, I would buy them.

Sh1zn1t,

chloe

regarding the bent tube, I think the picture is just outdated...when I first purchased mine, I got the bent one....but a few months afterwards MF came on here asking about which tubes people preferred....I guess most people didn't care for the bent ones but in blissville description it does correctly state that the tube is straight (even though the picture says otherwise) ...I actually privately msg'd blissville on my 2nd order just to make sure they sent the straight tube instead of the bent one in the pic....

as for battery life I had similar effects but not to your extreme...i use my own batteries so I can't comment on the stock batteries, but when I first got the unit, I remember going through 3 trenches easily with the 1 battery whereas now I can only get through 1 trench...of course this has many variables associated with it such as how much you load (I don't go past the dip), how brown you get the herb b4 chucking it, your draw rate, how fully charged your battery was, how wet ur herb is..etc...

as for the 15min charger, I'm against it only cuz of the high cost and also I heard it deteriorates your battery life quicker...my setup is:

2 chargers (takes about 4hrs to charge 8 batteries since each charger holds 4 AA)
4 eneloops (lsd)
4 2750mah

so I'm always lock and loaded...
* I typically spend $7 per pack of 4 AA eneloops

good luck

chloe,

Sh1zn1t

chloe said:
as for battery life I had similar effects but not to your extreme...i use my own batteries so I can't comment on the stock batteries, but when I first got the unit, I remember going through 3 trenches easily with the 1 battery whereas now I can only get through 1 trench...of course this has many variables associated with it such as how much you load (I don't go past the dip), how brown you get the herb b4 chucking it, your draw rate, how fully charged your battery was, how wet ur herb is..etc...

as for the 15min charger, I'm against it only cuz of the high cost and also I heard it deteriorates your battery life quicker...my setup is:

2 chargers (takes about 4hrs to charge 8 batteries since each charger holds 4 AA)
4 eneloops (lsd)
4 2750mah

so I'm always lock and loaded...
* I typically spend $7 per pack of 4 AA eneloops

good luck
The eneloops seem to be the best buy on batteries, and that seems to be a fair price. What charger(s) are you using? That tends to be the bulk of the cost.

Sh1zn1t,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
Sh1zn1t said:
I ordered the "Launch Box Kit" and in the picture it shows a curved longer tube. I didn't get one of those, I got a straight-shot longer tube.
We did change from the bent tube to the straight -- this was due to popular request. We have not updated the picture on the website as yet -- its on the "To Do" list.

Sh1zn1t said:
Also, I have noticed that after about the first week of use, a single battery can no longer finish a whole trench.
This sounds like a warranty issue. The performance of the Box should be fairly constant in time, unless the screen has become damaged. The screen is fairly fragile and may become detached if the Box is hard packed or metal tools are used -- this can significantly impair box function. If the screen does not have its original rectangular shape with sharp corners and/or it seems to be loose, please send us a private email with the Box serial number and your physical mailing address for us to send you a replacement.

Sh1zn1t said:
Also, on a side note, I was wondering if it's worthwhile to buy the Energizer 15 minute battery charge kit. I obviously need more batteries for this thing, but my money is kind of tight and $40 for batteries isn't high on my priorities. But if they are good for use with my LB, I would buy them.
The charger is good -- the batteries that come with it are not so great. If you are using the Box frequently, the 15 charger is convenient. The charge itself is not "better" per se.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
VivaSativa said:
I take long slow draws with fresh batteries, and the vapor is warm and flavorful... What could I be doing wrong?
In regards to technique, these are some questions to think about: is the load ground? (Finely ground loads are definitely best). Are you shaking the Box between hits to stir the material? How even is the browning -- are there still any green bits? (This could indicate unstirred material and/or not ground enough). How brown is it getting before you consider it done? (People who are used to smoking may want to continue into a dark brown rather than a light one to get a somewhat 'heavier' experience).

In regards to the taste, you may also be getting the 'popcorn' significantly prior to the load being finished due to material that is adhering to the screen and not participating in the general shake and stirring process. When you dump the bowl, are there dark bits still stuck to the screen? If so, it is best to blow these off (a short sharp puff of breath usually does the trick), or use the provided brush to get these bits out. Some materials are more "sticky" than others and may be somewhat harder to grind and stir properly. With the box lid closed, turn upside down and tap the bottom. Then turn it sideways to see if all of the material is coming clear of the screen.

Also, apologies for not answering your questions sooner -- many of us have been 'on tour' a lot these last few weeks and have not always been internet accessible.

-- Magic-flight

Last edited by a moderator:
magicflight,
Reactions: ntaylor
Top Bottom