rayski

vap999 said:
Can anyone suggest names/explanations for what the Launch Box is, other than its intended use? For example, if your car were being searched and you were asked, "What's this?," what would you say?
Say it's a Solar battery charger, but the stem will probably always add suspicion: And a loaded trench is always going to be harder to explain.

rayski,

vap999

rayski said:
vap999 said:
Can anyone suggest names/explanations for what the Launch Box is, other than its intended use? For example, if your car were being searched and you were asked, "What's this?," what would you say?
Say it's a Solar battery charger, but the stem will probably always add suspicion: And a loaded trench is always going to be harder to explain.
I like that. It could pass as a model of a portable solar-powered battery charger (with electronics going where the screen is).

vap999,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
I'm sure the magic-flight.com stamp on it would defeat anything you might tell him. All he would have to do is look it for himself if hes suspicious.
I've thought about sanding that off mine and then re staining it but dont wont to void the warranty and been to medicated to bother emailing them about it.
LOL

umpnum14,

Jedu

Got my LB today! I love it! Didn't get the bulb stem i was hoping for but...oh well i guess. Has anyone found a good website that sells nice battery cases?

Jedu,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Jedu said:
Got my LB today! I love it! Didn't get the bulb stem i was hoping for but...oh well i guess.
I just received three more Boxes today, and they all came with a short and a medium straight tube. The three Boxes I received a month or so ago came with the 90 bent bulb stem instead of the medium straight stem. I'm fairly sure if you asked Magic-Flight nicely, they'd send you one of the bulb stems. (Or tell you why they don't ship them anymore).

Has anyone found a good website that sells nice battery cases?
Check out thomasdistributing.com for batteries and chargers and holders. www.thomasdistributing.com/shop/batteries--battery-accessories-c-122_227.html will take you directly to their battery accessory page. I like the AA battery holder that takes two batteries, as they fit better in the little Launch Box pouch, and it's easy to carry two batteries in your pocket safely. It's the same holder that Magic-Flight ships with the Box. There are four cell AA holders that are nice too.

Haywood

Haywood,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Alright I'm set on this for my portable vape, topping up my VISA today.

Is there a discount option anywhere for the vape + all parts of the kit minus the battery/battery charger? I already got a vast supply of HQ electronic gear.

Chubba,

rayski

Chubba said:
Alright I'm set on this for my portable vape, topping up my VISA today.

Is there a discount option anywhere for the vape + all parts of the kit minus the battery/battery charger? I already got a vast supply of HQ electronic gear.
I called Blisssville and ordered my lb without a charger, also switching a stem for tubing, for about $10 less. They were very pleasant and prompt at Blisssville.

rayski,

chimeraprod

[Edit]: This box is amazing and for anyone who didnt know, U have to take the labels off the batteries before u use them. Lollll

chimeraprod,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
Forgive me forgive the obivious but you did remove the sheath (plastic film which can be removed with a quick slice down the battery, then peel and remove) off the energizer & duracell batteries right? This exposes the negative of the battery to the ring

umpnum14,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
LB ordered :D

Just warming up here in Australia, itching to go camping again.

Can't camp without weed though... used to be joints, now it will be LB and whiskey in the tent :ninja::ninja::ninja:

Chubba,

kingcrimson

vap999 said:
little bit of a derail but...

know your rights, once you waive the right to silence anything you say can and will be used against you. Silence is not admission of guilt, thank you 4th amendment. If it comes to it and he keeps asking, inform him you are aware of your rights and remain silent and obedient.

Bit it shouldn't come to that, you also have the right against unlawful (warrentless) search of you, your (closed) luggage/backpack etc. , your car, and house. Again, 9/10 a cop can do whatever he wants obviously, but if you show them you won't be intimidated, you wont fit into their system that most do, and that you know your rights, they'll move along and find one of the many who don't, because its much easier than stacks of paperwork for no commendment. So if a cop asks to see inside the car or bag or check in your pockets, say no! he might could frisk you but why? where is the probable cause for him to do so, again, he can make anything up hes a pig cop, but yet again still - when you know your rights, act maturely and werent obviously incriminating yourself to begin with, often the police will realize youre not worth the time and move along, though they'll likely try every trick in the book. Have fun waiting 45 minutes for 'the dogs to get here' only to be asked 'are you sure' five to seven times, and then 30 minutes later, no dogs, and he gives you back your info and says peace! Or of couse the ever popular 'look buddy we can do this one of two ways, the easy way or the hard way' nearly always compouded with 'look i can't help you if you don't help me'. NOTE. this should ALWAYS be interpreted 'look I cant arrest you if you don't help me'.

Often when a cop sees you know your shit hell back off, knowing you'll contest and theres more paperwork when all he really wanted to do was get a chip on his shoulder for yet another drug citation.

If he does haul you in though, and you did take the Mf.com logo off (nearly all cruisers have laptops/internet in em i believe) , and the thing wasn't loaded, and you didn't incriminate youself like so many of us have because the cops don't actually read you your rights like in the movies because they apply at all times not just when youre being arrested - if you fullfill all of those big IFs, then when you get yourself a lawyer, hell consest constituationality of the search, etc. , or when you get charged youll get a misdemeanor citation, ie little or no probation <300 dollar fine and community service and drug course - a blip on the timeline at most in the grand scale of things.

LB forever!

Also to answer some other questions,
Bulb stem isnt fragile to me at all, but I use peg stem (i personally prefer the monicer 'nub' actually, but thats neither here nor there :ko:) nearly 100% of the time these days so it doesnt get too heavy use.

2, on battery cases,
make your own!!! DIY is so much better than giving your money and by proxy time away, give it to youself and get a 9/16 paddle bit and drill into a peice of wood. there you go, nice insulated battery holder, viola!

kingcrimson,

purplechango

First off, Id like to add to kingcrimson's post:

For those of us who need a visual representation of all the wordage up there ^, there is a video by the Flex Your Rights Foundation http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA <-- Youtube clip. These guys show you a typical stop, then point out the wrong things done in the stop by the driver, and then show a ideally handled stop.

Wish I would have known about this about 2 years back.... :brow: ....

Moving forward

Ive been working on a review based on my experiance...good and bad (mostly good though). I actually started out with some drawings and what not, but then read the LB beta post and saw that some ideas of mine were not new. ;)

ha

so Ill review and repost :ninja:

purplechango,

vap999

kingcrimson said:
vap999 said:
little bit of a derail but...

know your rights, once you waive the right to silence anything you say can and will be used against you. Silence is not admission of guilt, thank you 4th amendment. If it comes to it and he keeps asking, inform him you are aware of your rights and remain silent and obedient.

Bit it shouldn't come to that, you also have the right against unlawful (warrentless) search of you, your (closed) luggage/backpack etc. , your car, and house. Again, 9/10 a cop can do whatever he wants obviously, but if you show them you won't be intimidated, you wont fit into their system that most do, and that you know your rights, they'll move along and find one of the many who don't, because its much easier than stacks of paperwork for no commendment.....
Maybe asserting ones rights and saying no when asked "May I look in your car?" works in some places, but in my area (northeastern U.S.), this response is almost guaranteed to get your car searched and get yourself detained on site, and who knows what from there. Here, if they've stopped you, the cops seem to be obligated to look in your car. Rights, race or other profiling, etc. have nothing to do with it. It's just standard operating procedure. Now, the officer is probably mostly just looking for the very obvious -- open/visible alcohol containers, guns, drugs, etc.--and in judging your behavior. If you say yes, the officer will likely at worst quickly look in or at your seats, trunk, etc. If you say no and don't cooperate, such as open the trunk if requested, you are almost certainly going to be requested to exit the car and "move over there" (you're now under detention), backup will be called in, they will run your name and car through the state and federal databases, and they will also do whatever they do in these circumstances, such as calling in the drug dogs, impound and tow your car, etc.

I can't imagine anyone saying no, sticking with that response, and not having their car intensely searched or at least checked by dogs, air samples checked for explosive traces, etc. (the police are very professional in my area).

Now, presuming this is the reality of the situation (your car is going to be looked over, if not searched, if you've been stopped) and you've given permission to search (knowing you have no better alternative and that your most visible/accessible problem is a clean LB), getting back to the original question, what do you say if the officer picks up your LB and ask "What's this?"

vap999,

purplechango

I was looking for a glass option for the LB peg stem and I ran across the AroMed Vape. The reason i mention them is that their Vape comes with tubing with a glass mouth piece.

Im wondering if the size of this mouthpiece would fit in the LB. MediVape.com has them at about 17 bucks for a 10 pack . http://www.medivap.com/Pipes/View.php?SerialNum=AROMED-MOUTHPIECES.

Im going to get these and report back on my review. The glass option would make this portable super sweet! :ko:

An just cause i like the :ninja: :uhoh: :ninja:

purplechango,

Monsoon

For anyone who has ordered and had it shipped to Canada, can you tell me how long it took and what the customs charge was, if any. I know it can be variable, but I'd like an estimate. I'm probably ordering soon especially since the conversion rate is pretty good right now.

Monsoon,

max

Out to lunch
purplechango said:
I was looking for a glass option for the LB peg stem and I ran across the AroMed Vape. The reason i mention them is that their Vape comes with tubing with a glass mouth piece.

Im wondering if the size of this mouthpiece would fit in the LB. MediVape.com has them at about 17 bucks for a 10 pack . http://www.medivap.com/Pipes/View.php?SerialNum=AROMED-MOUTHPIECES.

Im going to get these and report back on my review. The glass option would make this portable super sweet! :ko:

An just cause i like the :ninja: :uhoh: :ninja:
The Aromed uses typical vape tubing. The mouthpiece will be too big for the LB.

max,

chloe

Monsoon said:
For anyone who has ordered and had it shipped to Canada, can you tell me how long it took and what the customs charge was, if any. I know it can be variable, but I'd like an estimate. I'm probably ordering soon especially since the conversion rate is pretty good right now.
took about 5-8 days (I remember it was quick)...(GTA)

and taxes was $10-14 from what i recall

ordered from blissville..

chloe,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I am the biggest PD fanatic around and thought I would never be impressed by a vaporizer again.

This Box is amazing, nice visible vapor on my 1st hit ever, nicely toasted off 1 trench.

:D:D:D

Chubba,

spooky

---Magic Lunchbox Review by Spooky---

When the magic lunchbox was first introduced I said I wouldn't get one. I changed my mind when I discovered there aren't many battery powered portables available. The only other one I could find is the VM3, but it is not affordable.

bad points:
-poor useability: inserting and removing the battery to start/stop the device is awkward, batteries must have labels removed, some batteries fit better than others, lacks a battery compartment
-conduction vapourizer without thermostat: no matter how much you grind, shake, or stir the material it simply doesn't vapourize as evenly as convection devices; regulating draw rate to control temperature is primitive
-device materials: cover and mouth pieces are made of plastic
-poor battery life: a new battery is required for each refill
-not suitable for groups: a small bowl, short battery life, and less simple operation compared to other vapourizers make this one a poor choice for more than 2 people

good points:
-small, attractive design
-ready to use quickly
-very portable
-good customer service (even my questions were answered and shipping from Blissville was fast)
-cheapest available battery powered portable

Overall, I would say if only plan to get one vapourizer, stay away from this model. I would recommend the Arizer Extreme.

On the other hand, if you already have a fully featured vapourizer, I wouldn't hesistate to recommend the lunchbox as a secondary device. It's worth it just for the ability to use outdoors and it will even work if your power goes out.

Hopefully magicflight will introduce future models that address some of these shortcomings and offer a full line up of portables from simple to fully featured. If not, I will no doubt buy my next vapourizer elsewhere, as there is bound to be competition in this market segment in the near future.

spooky,

max

Out to lunch
It's the Launch Box, not Lunchbox.

My :2c: on your 'bad points':

"poor useability"- I don't feel that the little push/pull action for battery activation is awkward. Could it be made easier? Sure, but it would probably require a larger size unit and higher cost. As for battery labels and every brand not being a perfect fit, that's a compromise to make the unit simple and affordable. Neither is a real issue for me. And a battery compartment, again, would require a larger size and higher price.

"conduction vapourizer without thermostat"- If it were convection and had temp control, it wouldn't be as small and affordable. This vape was designed to fit a niche-a small, fast operating, battery powered, affordable portable. It works just fine as a conduction vape as long as you don't try to overload it. I use very small quantities and I'm very happy with the performance. As for regulating draw rate to control temp, you do that to some degree with any direct draw convection vape. Since this is mainly a conduction unit, slight differences in draw aren't as critical as with stictly convection units. Of course you can't hit it like a whip vape. It's a tiny vape that requires gentle draws.

"device materials: cover and mouth pieces are made of plastic"- This is not an issue as far as safety. Would glass be nice? Sure, but then the production costs go up and it's out of the price catagory it's meant for. And with glass, the unconditional warranty may not be there, since breakage would often occur.

"poor battery life: a new battery is required for each refill"- If you load up the trench I guess you could claim poor battery life. For me, with the small amounts I load, battery life is very good. Measuring battery life by the numbers of trenches it lasts is a bad idea anyway, unless everyone loads the exact same amount in every trench. Even then, how finely ground and dry the herb is would be a variable, as would herb qualtiy to some extent.

"not suitable for groups"- Correct, but it's not designed for groups. It's a small, pocket portable.

All in all, I think your criticisms are a little off the mark. It's like complaining that a Toyota Prius is a poor performer compared to a Corvette. It's not designed for performance, except at the gas pump. The LB has compromises in performance and ease of use in order to make it fit a particular niche in the vape market. If you 'fix' all the compromises, it no longer fits in that niche and would probably meet stiff competition from other, more established models. I think they did an excellent job of coming up with a quick, silent, small, and effective portable that fits a price point that previously had no electric model at all.

max,

Beezleb

Its designed to be a portable vape not a desktop vaporizer. I second the comments from Max.

When I use mine I load up the trench and the battery last the whole trench and I use the stock batteries that came with it. I use it situational with two or three trenches a day when I use it so the battery marking thing does not apply to me but others have discussed what they do throughout the thread and I recommend looking into the magic flight launch box beta thread for info as well.

I say it is simple to use. Put the battery in, inhale, turn over and shake, inhale, remove battery, turn over and shake, insert battery and repeat until done.

Beezleb,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
I agree with the usage being simple.

I can load it up and ninja through an entire trench in probably 90 seconds, gets me where I need to be VERY quick. Battery life isn't an issue for a lot of us, I only do 2 trenches a day, so the stock batteries are working great.

Draw rate/temp control is awesome, I get a nice even brown everytime, haven't scorched/combusted yet on this device. Compared to the VG, it's much easier to use in ever single aspect.

The biggest downsides for me so far is battery fit... beyond the stock batteries (which are a perfect fit), the 2 different brands I've purchased are loose and don't provide a good vaping experience.

I'm still a bit suspect about the durability or longetivity of the device (particularly the screen), but time should tell and I'm treating it very carefully (it's a late at night, bedroom ninja vape, no outside use).

Chubba,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
Chubba said:
The biggest downsides for me so far is battery fit... beyond the stock batteries (which are a perfect fit), the 2 different brands I've purchased are loose and don't provide a good vaping experience.
I agree completely. It is unfortunate that the otherwise wonderful Box design doesn't allow for the large variance in thickness among different AA NiMh cells. The Eveready cells are all a little small, and don't make great connection to the negative terminal in the Box. The cells that Magic-Flight supplies fit perfectly.

I buy most of my AA cells from thomasdistributing.com, and my favorite cell for the Box, by far, is the Maha Powerex 2700 mAh AA cell. It is the same thickness as the Magic-Flight cell, so it fits perfectly. It has a very miniscule crimp at the top, which means it slides into and out of the Box without "catching" on the negative terminal. (The Eveready cells have the same tiny crimp, but as I mentioned, they're too narrow; the Magic-Flight cells have a much larger crimp, like most other battery brands). The plastic removes easily on the Maha cells, and the tiny insulator on the top doesn't fall off when you remove the plastic wrapper. An unlike some of the other 2700/2900 mAh cells I've tried, the Powerex cells really do provide the 2700mAh's they advertise. (The Belkin 2900mAh cells don't come near to providing 2900mAh's, for example, and they don't fit as well).

Haywood

ps If the little paper insulator on the top of your battery gets lost, you'll find that a "hole protector" used to protect the punched holes in a piece of paper designed to be held in a three ring binder, makes a great substitute for the one that orginally came with the battery.

Haywood,
Top Bottom