Hippie Dickie

The Herbal Cube
Manufacturer
but there're some bad reviews on amazon
yeah, and most of the reviews of the roomba were negative, too. WRONG!!! the roomba is the greatest invention in the history of man. or at least a close second.

Hippie Dickie,

reece

chloe said:
I just bought more duracell lsd (rebranded eneloops, made in japan (white top)) so they are also loose fitting...I cut the plastic sleeve 1/3 off so it's still a snug fit but doesn't get in the way of the copper wiring...so far it seemed to work nicely but I only tried once so far...battery seemed to die b4 the trench completed...these are new batteries so maybe after a few recharges I'll be able to better see

So I am guessing if the sleeve is required to be off for contact with the copper wiring than the battery needs to make contact at 2 points? the very tip and also the coil a bit further down?
My lsd Duracells are loose but I don't have to turn it. Maybe it is the way I hold the box (palmed overhand). I will try cutting the sleeve. What do you use to cut it?

I haven't had any batteries die yet.

I also haven't been able to get the herb very brown. I'm thinking I need a separate avb jar for the box.

After what seems, to me, to be a long time, I just recharge the battery and dump the avb. It is signigicantly lighter than the other stuff.

reece,

chloe

reece said:
chloe said:
I just bought more duracell lsd (rebranded eneloops, made in japan (white top)) so they are also loose fitting...I cut the plastic sleeve 1/3 off so it's still a snug fit but doesn't get in the way of the copper wiring...so far it seemed to work nicely but I only tried once so far...battery seemed to die b4 the trench completed...these are new batteries so maybe after a few recharges I'll be able to better see

So I am guessing if the sleeve is required to be off for contact with the copper wiring than the battery needs to make contact at 2 points? the very tip and also the coil a bit further down?
My lsd Duracells are loose but I don't have to turn it. Maybe it is the way I hold the box (palmed overhand). I will try cutting the sleeve. What do you use to cut it?

I haven't had any batteries die yet.

I also haven't been able to get the herb very brown. I'm thinking I need a separate avb jar for the box.

After what seems, to me, to be a long time, I just recharge the battery and dump the avb. It is signigicantly lighter than the other stuff.
used scissors to start the cut..and then ripped...that's weird..i'm gettn' very brown..i've even combusted (well my brother for keeping the battery in too long)....

chloe,

reece

chloe said:
that's weird..i'm gettn' very brown..i've even combusted (well my brother for keeping the battery in too long)....
I still have a bit of green in mine when I dump. Dark green but still green. And I go a long time before I reload the trench. The battery never dies. It starts to take a little longer for vapor to form but that is the only weakening of the battery I've noticed.

reece,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
reece said:
I ... haven't been able to get the herb very brown.
Hi Reece,

It sounds like you may have received a unit out of calibration (too cool). While I would love to say that our manufacturing process is 100% perfect, you should be able to have the material get brown given sufficient time (a few minutes of no draw conditions). Please send me an email with your mailing address and the number on the back of the unit and we will send you a warranty replacement Box.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

purplechango

magicflight said:
reece said:
Hi Reece,

It sounds like you may have received a unit out of calibration (too cool). While I would love to say that our manufacturing process is 100% perfect, you should be able to have the material get brown given sufficient time (a few minutes of no draw conditions). Please send me an email with your mailing address and the number on the back of the unit and we will send you a warranty replacement Box.

-- Magic-flight
And this is why I like dealing with the artist and not a retailer. Thanx for standing 199% behind your product, especially in todays world of cookie cutter retail venues. Magic flight and all the other home grown and still doin it guys are SUPER BAD! :D

Kinda makes me want to become the MF spokesperson or sales rep.......so ummm you hiring?

purplechango,

reece

magicflight said:
reece said:
Hi Reece,

-- Magic-flight
Wow, thank you so much. Email has been sent. Great customer service is so rare these days.

reece,

johnny1980

I'm curious, I noticed when drawing really fast on the LB (I do this at the end of the hit to clear whatever vapour is inside) that there seems to be some vortex action in the chamber. You can see the herb swirling around and I'm wondering if this is by design or accident? Sorry, I'm a bit of a geek :)

johnny1980,
Reactions: ntaylor

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
johnny1980 said:
I'm curious, I noticed when drawing really fast on the LB (I do this at the end of the hit to clear whatever vapour is inside) that there seems to be some vortex action in the chamber. You can see the herb swirling around and I'm wondering if this is by design or accident? Sorry, I'm a bit of a geek :)
It is by design. Its ok -- we are all geeks too :)

magicflight,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
purplechango said:
Thanx for standing 199% behind your product, especially in todays world of cookie cutter retail venues. Magic flight and all the other home grown and still doin it guys are SUPER BAD! :D

Kinda makes me want to become the MF spokesperson or sales rep.......so ummm you hiring?
Thanks! Not hiring yet -- soon perhaps. We have full staff at the moment.

magicflight,

purplechango

you know...im sooo impressed with the Launch Box that I think im gonna invest in the Launch Tube. This one sseems(at least to me) like one of those little tricks you pull out at a party!

kinda reminds me of something McGyver would have made up on the fly to get a quick buzz before taking out the bad guys! that is if McGyver liked the MJ :ko:

Anyone have one?

purplechango,

bluegrass58

Well I could not stand it anymore, I ordered a LB this morning. I have been lurking on this site for a long while, and looks like the LB will be perfect for me. I will drop a review when it comes in, but I am sure I will be happy.

bluegrass58,

purplechango

bluegrass58 said:
Well I could not stand it anymore, I ordered a LB this morning. I have been lurking on this site for a long while, and looks like the LB will be perfect for me. I will drop a review when it comes in, but I am sure I will be happy.
You wont regret it. It takes vaping to a new level, and its a nice conversation starter!

purplechango,

NoSmoke

purplechango said:
you know...im sooo impressed with the Launch Box that I think im gonna invest in the Launch Tube. This one sseems(at least to me) like one of those little tricks you pull out at a party!

kinda reminds me of something McGyver would have made up on the fly to get a quick buzz before taking out the bad guys! that is if McGyver liked the MJ :ko:

Anyone have one?
I have one and it stinks, I would advise you to stick with the much more improved LB for the same price IMO the LT is useless... that's prolly why that thread died...

NoSmoke,

purplechango

Ok so everyone who has the LT knows that the trench is pretty much a thin screen.

When I got mine I noticed that in one corner (on the end where your stem goes) there was a very small gap between the screen and the box, like the screen had not been tucked in all the way. I didnt think anything of it.

Thing is that ive notice the screen coming out a bit more and am kind scarred the whole thing might just fall out. I think i can re-tuck the corner, but i dont wanna cause damage to the LT.

Anyone run into this issue?

purplechango,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
purplechango said:
... I think i can re-tuck the corner, but i dont wanna cause damage to the LT.
Hi,

Go ahead and try the corner retuck (a wooden toothpick is a good tool for this). If you have any troubles and/or are unable to close the gap (ie, if material ends up below the screen), please send us a private note with your address and Box number and we will send you a functional warranty replacement unit.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

purplechango

magicflight said:
purplechango said:
... I think i can re-tuck the corner, but i dont wanna cause damage to the LB.
Hi,

Go ahead and try the corner retuck (a wooden toothpick is a good tool for this). If you have any troubles and/or are unable to close the gap (ie, if material ends up below the screen), please send us a private note with your address and Box number and we will send you a functional warranty replacement unit.

-- Magic-flight
Why is it that the simplest solution is the best. I was ready to perform microsurgery. So far its holding and looks good.

TY

purplechango,

Vapolite

I just placed my order from BlissSvile, the one With the USB :brow::D :D
OOOOOOOOooooooooh I can't wait LOL :D :D :D

Vapolite,

chloe

so I've now used this for a couple of months now...and I think I have a better grasp of the product...this isn't so much a review as I've already stated how awesome this box is and most of the pros coincide with other users as well...but this post is mostly to point out things I'd like to see improve since I am 100% believer in this product....

1. a design mod where I won't touch the copper coil...(done it 4x now)...i've found myself using this in group sessions quite often which requires passing it around...
2. more consistency with battery contact...I find depending on which battery I'm using, it helps to apply pressure at certain angles to ensure contact....I'm getting pretty good at it, but explaining it to newbies can be a drag and usually unsuccessful

When yall get big..and I know you will with such a clever product:
3. personalized plastic cover? (whether its decals/colours/tint)
4. some sorta battery detection would be cool to notify user of how much juice is left in the battery (I've got like 12 dedicated batteries for the box and I've found myself on a few occassions putting in a dead battery waiting for the sweet vapor to expel)
5. this kinda goes with #4, maybe a green led to let the user know the unit is working as in producing vape...when using certain attachments such as the whip (which I do like but don't use now for the following reason) it is hard to tell if I'm gettn' any vape as the vapor usually cools down when it hits your mouth....so when using the whip I cannot tell if I'm gettn' vape or if the battery isn't making good contact or maybe its dead....so now I'm using it native & short stem just so I know the vapor is there...(you get feedback via warm vapor)
6. AC adapter would be AWESOME :) (why? I've found myself using this box WAAAY more than I've intended)...I bought this initially for just public usage...but I've found myself using this bedside over my vapor cannon...reason being it is so convenient and easy to use...

my last thing I'd say for things to improve on, but I'm not sure how this would be possible is a way to remove hot batteries easier....so either prevent the battery to get so hot which I guess may not be possible...or an alt way to make removing batteries easier...the problem occurs when in a group session and we're passing the box around without removing it...snug batteries after a few minutes gets HOT..and when its snug...it is really difficult at times to remove the battery....I guess a large rubber band is the quick fix probably but I don't have it laying around at times...

I have to also stress all of the above are very minor issues and more of things that can use improvements...since even though I already have one, I'm lookn' forward to a version 2 to buy another for my wife...I could share....BUT that's how much I love this box :)

Great job MF!

chloe,

max

Out to lunch
1. Protection from the copper coil seems doable.
2. Accommodating all the different brands would be more difficult. Seems like they'd have to come up with a broader contact surface than just the copper coil.
3. Interesting suggestion. The selling process would be more complicated though, if choices/options are available.

4,5, and 6 would require a new design and take the vape into a higher price range and size. Since size and price are key factors for the popularity of the LB, I'd imagine these features would only be included on a completely different model. Should be interesting to see what MF comes up with in the future though.

max,

magicflight

Manufacturer
Manufacturer
over9000 said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kkUHFp2QW2Y&feature=related

not trying to go off-topic, but curious whether this is some sort of modded launch tube or I just haven't seen enough of your products to know if it is made my Magic-Flight.
Hi,

Yes, it was one of our products. It was an experimental point revision batch made after the main run of Launch Tubes. There was only a limited number of those made -- it is the "model T" version of the Tube, and is a fair product in many respects. We sold the batch to a subsidiary, which eventually split off to form their own company (which has its own management and policies, etc). We at one point had planed to release a special edition run of those in the fall (since we still have tooling for it). However, the Launch Box is in many respects superseded that development line and we have been focusing our ongoing efforts there. In any case, discussion of that product belongs in its own thread. Aside from the battery configuration, it is functionally similar to the Launch Tube and many of the same prior comments apply.

Thanks for mentioning it -- I had wondered what had become of that company/product.

-- Magic-flight

magicflight,

Haywood

Onward Thru the Fog
chloe said:
maybe a green led to let the user know the unit is working as in producing vape...
I've been toying with the idea of putting a LED in one of my Boxes, but I haven't given it enough thought to try experimenting yet. I would, no doubt, destroy at least one Box in my efforts to figure out some way to construct it as elegantly as the Box itself. :)

It would need to be defeatable for those times when a light turning on would be counter productive to the stealth mode. It would have to run on 1.0 to 1.2 volts but circuit placement would be critical because the voltage across the copper rods is no doubt different on one side of the screen from the other (there's 10 amps running through the screen and the battery doesn't have zero internal impedance). It would have to be blue (just kidding).

my last thing I'd say for things to improve on, but I'm not sure how this would be possible is a way to remove hot batteries easier....
This one is easy, and I suggested it eons ago, maybe in the beta thread. Still, it's my fault for not uploading a picture, which I promised to do, but never did...

You wrap a single layer of one inch (preferably) white cloth tape around the circumference of the battery at the bottom. This allows you to easily grip even snug batteries, even when they're hot, and even when your fingers are sweaty. It also allows you to label your batteries, so you can keep track of which is which, and it allows you to easily feather the battery in and out, one handed, with two fingers. It's great when holding the Box in your left hand with your hand over the box; use your thumb from underneath and your middle finger from above to just slide the battery out a few centimeters. The tape also acts as a great visual indicator as to whether the battery is in the working or extracted position. When the battery is fully inserted, there is (essentially) no visible battery sticking out, just the part with the white tape. When you partially withdraw the battery, you can see a bit of bare metal between the Box and the tape. You do want to make sure the tape itself does not impede full insertion of the battery, but if you use one inch wide tape, you'll find it the perfect size. And no battery charger I've used cares about the tape being there, as the bottom of the battery is still totally uncovered by the tape.

Haywood

Haywood,
Top Bottom